Questions On... Discrepancies, Slips, Falldowns
Pages in category "Questions On... Discrepancies, Slips, Falldowns"
The following 225 pages are in this category, out of 225 total.
- A devotee is sometimes subject to hankering or lamentation. That is material though, isn't it?
- A devotee may have some demoniac qualities?
- A devotee, very often after chanting why they develop very, very high. I see a lot of devotees, they falls down back to the maya. What is the reason?
- Actually are devotees or how do they become demons? Are they devotees? Obviously Kaliya is... Just like Jaya and Vijaya, they were devotees. And due to some offense, then they became demons and they fought with Krsna to satisfy Krsna
- Are there cases of..., which relapse? Persons who begin to withdraw from drugs...?
- Are they less fallen (the jivas in brahmajyoti) because they are doing some service by lighting it up?
- Can you explain exactly what speculation means?
- Can you tell me how many of those (who joins) actually stay?
- Could that go on and on forever, his not desiring (as soon as the living entity desires to unite with the Supreme Lord, he can become. And so long he does not desire, he'll have to continue this material existence. So that depends on him)?
- Could you just count numbers and think about God and that would work just as well? Are the names important? Could you just count - one, two, three, four - and that would work just as well?
- Did we fall in the material world to experience something which is higher?
- Did we fall in this material world to find some highest pleasure?
- Do the fallen souls leave the spiritual world all at once or gradually?
- Does it ever happen, Swamiji, that some disciples of yours may disagree with you in spiritual matters?
- Does Krsna know ahead of time that a soul is going to be foolish and fall?
- Have there been dropouts, out of the movement, of the hundred that were initiated?
- Have we fallen from higher to lower or do we come from the very bottom of plant then to animal?
- He (a devotee who works for Krsna yet doesn't follow the four regulatives principles) will fall down?
- He wants to know if the greatest offense is to disobey the guru
- He wants to know if we are born good and then we learn the bad thing?
- His question was when we take initiation from you, we understand that we become your eternal servitors. But if we have to come again to another birth...?
- How and from where did the conditioned souls fall?... If someone has a relationship with Lord Krsna on Krsnaloka, does he ever fall down?
- How and why did we lose our awareness of our true love for Krsna in the beginning?
- How can a spirit become so ignorant?
- How can he be supreme if he can fall down?
- How can the position be reconciled if in Krsna consciousness one of the two, the husband or the wife, wants to enjoy sense gratification, but the other does not? Should there be separation then?
- How can we give up our enviousness and reluctance to serve the spiritual master and the other devotees?
- How could we make a poor choice if we were part and parcel of Krsna? How could we have chosen the material world?
- How did the material covering begin? How did we fall into that?
- How does he become conditioned when the jivatma is eternal full of bliss and knowledge?
- How does our love for Krsna somehow or other get transformed into lust?
- How does that happen, when he becomes over-intelligent?
- How does the cosmic force become ignorant of itself and fall into this condition? If before he was this form he was the cosmic energy, how he can fall down into ignorance and become an individual, limited, conditioned soul?
- How is it possible, Srila Prabhupada? We're so tiny, one ten-thousandth the tip of a hair, and yet we can become so puffed-up as to think that even I am God or I am the controller of the material nature like the scientists are thinking?
- How is it that people are saying that He's so tiny that He may even be an ordinary man? How can they be so illusioned to think like that? Krsna is everything. How can they ignore Him?
- How the eternal spirit soul becomes so completely absorbed that he completely forgets about the future and simply he becomes absorbed in some temporary sense gratification?
- I don't understand how is it that we forgot it... How can we remember...?
- I don't understand how it is possible that from chanting that these weeds grow. So pulling out the weeds means avoiding the offenses in chanting the holy name?
- I said, "If you are not going to bathe at least get out of bed and come to aratik." But he wouldn't even do that much. So what can you do under these conditions when you tell somebody, you can't physically twist their arm?
- I understand that our souls are also part of God, as a drop of water is part of that ocean. How... Is there any knowledge or information of how we incurred this first separation from God?
- I was just wondering if the spirit soul being in the spiritual world is eternally liberated, how can he return. By desire?
- If at this platform we are not yet..., we are still desiring to depart from Krsna's service and enjoy, then we are not, we have not yet tasted devotional service, what is it that we have tasted that is keeping us temporarily connected to Krsna?
- If God Himself comes to teach to someone in this world, and if he has learned from God directly and he is satisfied that he has learned, can he, a few minutes afterwards, forget and depart in a very ridiculous way from what God has taught him?
- If he is misled by other, by circumstances, this is... He has no fault of his own?
- If I say, I pray to God, "O Lord Krsna, I surrender unto You." So is..., maya will not touch me? I will not be affected by this material infection?
- If Krsna knows that we will suffer here in this material world if we come here, why does He let us go?
- If maya takes a hold on one, what is the quickest way to go back to Krsna?
- If one has difficulty becoming Krsna consciousness, is that suffering?
- If one has fallen so far that he has taken the body of a fly or a mosquito, can he still return to Krsna?
- If one is fortunate enough to revive his natural position in the spiritual sky, how can he keep from falling down again?
- If one of your brahmana initiated disciples falls from this platform, leaves the temple and commits offenses, then returns, demanding respect, should he be allowed to keep the sacred thread or should he...?
- If our love for Krsna originally is perfect why should we have left?
- If somebody is in the movement for several years and feels that he's not making progress and leaves, is he looked upon as a sinner or enemy? How do the devotees feel about persons like that?
- If somehow, Srila Prabhupada, someone falls down, does that mean that he did not want to love Krsna?
- If someone is in the spiritual world, he falls down into the material world and then he becomes again released. Is his understanding after release higher than the previous?
- If the conditions in the spiritual world are so nice and everything is spiritually, everything is spiritual, how is it that one can become envious of Krsna in such conditions?
- If their son was Vyasadeva, how could it be falldown?
- If this body is pure soul, then why it gets engaged with worldly matter?
- If tomorrow these boys say that you are incarnation of God, is it your fault?
- If we are originally full of pleasure, then why would we accept an inferior position?
- If we have a desire to keep these promises, but we have a hard time to do it...
- If we want we can come to the spiritual world and return? Fall down?
- If you come to the Brahmaloka, do you have to come back to the earth planet?
- If you're already in a good situation, why create a bad one?
- In our material contaminated state when we act in a foolishly or mad, then we call that tamas, or illusion, but in the spiritual sky when one is in his pure state of consciousness... Does something act upon him to make him illusioned at that point also?
- In the beginning how does the spirit become ignorant, falls into ignorance?
- In the Bhagavad-gita it is stated that, you were lecturing that, that unless one performs the proper samskaras for the children, they will become degraded. They will not follow the regulative principles and such... They become unwanted population?
- In the case of Jaya and Vijaya, who fell down and took the role of demons, after three births as demons, they were supposed to go back to the spiritual world. So after the three births in this universe, were the same pastimes going on in other universes?
- In the spiritual sky when the living entity is in his pure state of consciousness, what acts..., Does something act upon him to make him illusioned at that point also?
- In Vrndavana (the babajis are making pregnant the widows, and they are going for abortion.There are many cases, similar, and there is American Hospital)?
- Is desire, desire is due to the material contamination, or is it...?
- Is he allowed to associate with Krsna in the beginning?... As jiva, as jiva is...
- Is he receiving a good interpretation from his disciplic succession or his bishop? Because there seems to be some kind of a discrepancy in the interpretation of the Bible. There's many different sects
- Is it possible for one to make it in this life? Is it possible that one falls down?
- Is that ("you have fallen down? You must commit suicide. No more My association") the same as in the Bhagavad-gita where Krsna says, "For one who is honored, dishonor is worse than death"?
- Is that cheating propensity (if the kanistha-adhikari thinks that "I have become uttama-adhikari," then he's a rascal)?
- Is that the difference between jiva-tattva and Visnu-tattva (there is some soul who can come under influence of maya in the spiritual sky)?
- Is there a way of knowing whether you're on the way up or you're falling?
- Is there any instructions about this gosvami business that you have (the gosvamis of Vrndavana, that are agitated)?
- Is there anything we can do about it (Jagannatha Puri's sanctity they are killing. The biggest panditas are all known meat-eaters also. Meat, fish, everything. Many also take all sorts of intoxication and they also go to the prostitute)?
- Is there ever a point where the neophyte devotee is in danger of just forgetting everything and falling, tumbling completely back?
- Is there some mention in the Bhagavatam about this, that the religious men will wear only the clothes to make a profit?
- Isn't it inevitable that it's going to occur, that the devolution occurs inevitably without anyone's being able to change it?
- It is because we desired something and we were always frustrated by that desire (anxiety shall continue so long as you are in material condition)?
- It is said that once you achieve the Godhead, once you go back to Krsna, that you don't fall down. But it is also said that we come from there originally. If we came from there, how did we fall if we were already there?
- It is the highest blasphemy, isn't it? If one says, "I am God."
- It says here that a pure devotee like Haridasa Thakura would not fall victim to Mayadevi's temptations, but even Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, might fall victim. I always thought that they were pure devotees of the Lord
- On one lecture tape you said that man is duracara, very difficult to... When he's misbehaved?
- Once one performs devotional service then he can't get away from Krsna. Can he still get away?
- One boy in Sydney, he has been a devotee for a few years, three or four years, but now he has fallen away because of lusty association, I suppose, or bad association. So is this unwilling or willing, because he has become attracted to women again?
- One does not follow the instructions of guru?
- Prabhupada, if spiritual life and Krsna are stronger than maya, then how is it that religion was ever overcome to the extent it is now? In Kali-yuga it's so much neglected... How is it that maya got such a stronghold?
- Prabhupada, is every jiva given a chance in the beginning to go in the spiritual world? Then he falls down, or... sometimes the jiva may choose directly...?
- Prabhupada, we want to follow your instructions word by word, but sometime we can find some difficulty. In a case of difficulty, what should we do?
- Prabhupada, What is the devotee's greatest enemy?
- Prabhupada, you said that at the time of death, if one is Krsna conscious, he's given a spiritual body. Is the spiritual body... You said it has been created. Originally, we had a spiritual body, and then we fell under the...
- So far as your question about controversy amongst the disciples of Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Goswami Maharaja
- So in ISKCON, if someone falls down, it means that he should commit suicide?
- So is there ever, for someone whose determination wavers and slackens here and there, is there ever a point where the neophyte devotee is in danger of just forgetting everything and falling, tumbling completely back?
- So Lord Brahma's being attracted to his daughter, that is just as an example...?
- So those eternally liberated souls in the spiritual sky will never come here because they choose not to?
- Some of the devotees, they fall down although they're striving to be in the mode of goodness. If they're sincere, they still fall down?
- Somehow or other, we create our own ignorance?
- Sometimes people ask, Prabhupada, that if one falls down into lower species of life like plants or animals, how then do they come again to the human form of life?
- Srila Prabhupada, how did Chota Haridasa achieve perfection by killing himself after apparently pouring water on his devotional creeper by talking to a woman?
- Srila Prabhupada, I can't understand why we should have an impure desire when we are already serving...
- Srila Prabhupada, if someone has inquired about God, but can be so overpowered by maya...?
- Srila Prabhupada, what if, ah, for instance, I'm too fallen to closely follow the regulative principles and I find myself in that way...?
- Srila Prabhupada, when the jiva soul desires to enter the material world, is that an illusory desire?
- Srila Prabhupada, you say in your books so many times that somehow or other we have fallen into this material world due to our enviousness or our independence?... I can't seem to get a grasp on this at all?
- Srila Prabhupada, you were saying about misusing this human form of ours. Is there any gracious defense that makes a soul non-eternal?
- Srila Prabhupada? Why God gave to man free will if He knew the man would fall down in the material world?
- Srila Prabhupada? You were just saying that we are not fallen. Actually this is an illusion thinking that we are fallen?
- Such devotees that they do service, they may be very big, they attract so many people, they are successful, kīrtana and everything, but we know they are not chanting japa. What can we do in that situation?
- Suppose for example questions are arising in my mind and I think to myself, "Oh, this question is a foolish question, so I shouldn't waste the spiritual master's time"
- Suppose if the individual soul falls down from the human platform, to some other lower species, but in the course of again evolutionary process, at some stage along the path he'll come to Krsna consciousness. Is this...?
- Swamiji, can you tell us why we're in this material contamination? Why is it that the spirit soul has material contamination?
- That (that is called ajñana. Mudha. He knows; still, he does) is why we originally fell down?
- That (to become a cheater is one of the conditions of material life) is also one of the qualities of bondage?
- That force (by which sometimes you are forced to commit mistakes) is kama, lust?
- That there can be an impurity of the soul?
- That's the cause of all falldown, committing offenses at the feet of a pure devotee?
- The administrative class, they are not following the strictly the rules and regulations. Therefore it is fallen ( Is this the result of a lack of education?)
- The forgetful stage is never everlasting or eternal, is it?
- The human society is degrading so fast. You can notice it the last twenty years. Is it... Is it the age of Kali or is it the...?
- The living entity can purify himself and become eligible to enter into the spiritual world and Krsna, but can he still fall as an expansion of the marginal energy?
- The living entity's desire has become very complex due to his association with material nature?
- The maya that harasses the devotee is just mental concoction, then? He should concentrate on just serving?
- The next question, about the living entities falling down in this material world
- The real knowledge is taken away by ignorance?
- The spirit is eternal... in the sense that in the beginning all spirits were contained within the Deity,... and at the end all spirits will refind themselves in the Deity... Would you ever admit that a spirit could fail after his last chance...?
- Then from where does this impurity come?
- There are many people who come like that to Krsna consciousness. They seem to experience a taste, and then they go away and everything seems to be lost. What is their... position, if they are not able to stick to it?
- There are six things such as anger, lust, false pride, envy. What are the other two?
- There is so much envy in my heart, and when I'm chanting I'm understanding the envy is causing me so much distress. And yet I can't give it up. I cannot leave off these envious feelings. How is it that the spirit soul...?
- There's (with the affairs of Krsna and the gopis) never mention of lust or of any animal desire at all is there?
- There's one thing in the human nature, that he always thinks that he's the chief and around the world everything is running around him, and most probably he always can show off that "I am the leader of everything." Why is it so? In every person.
- There's this constant struggle with our lower nature? We are constantly fighting our desires even though we want to serve Krsna? This continues?
- They (one who is under the control of maya, he speaks like ghostly-haunted man - all nonsense) are actually ghostly-haunted, or as if ghostly-haunted?
- They (people) will go down, down, down for 400,000 years?
- They (the babajis) say that (they don't care for. They say, "Bhagavad-gita is not for us")?
- This feeling that we have, that we are fallen, that we are very fallen...?
- This is the play of maya, that we all know. But so long as we are in maya we have to play our part, haven't we?
- This refers to someone who has attained Brahman realization, that he must fall down because he does not take shelter at Krsna's lotus feet. Does this also refer to someone who has attained Paramatma realization?
- Too much liquor and self-indulgence (are showing godlessness in our society)?
- We are eternally conditioned, but as soon as we surrender to Krishna do we then become eternally liberated?
- We are only neophytes. How we can know if our anxiety is still material when we feel anxiety in devotional service?
- We degenerated. So the Muslims degenerated. Americans will degenerate. Somebody else will degenerate. Is that sort of a will? No?
- We have come to the world as the servant of Lord Krsna, but then why should we think, why should we think that we are Krsna's?
- We're so insignificant, but at the same time we become so puffed up? How is it possible for us...?
- Western are all are like asses?
- What about lazy people?
- What about the so-called gurus that take a little bit here and a little bit there?
- What about the verse in the Bhagavatam that says if a devotee falls down that he's not to be considered as the fruitive workers or the karmis, etcetera. ?
- What about those who are preaching, but imperfectly?
- What can one do to rectify his offenses?... But if a person is not willing to do that, is there any way...
- What if a person doesn't desire material enjoyment, but still, there is so much dirt?
- What if a person knows what he is doing is wrong, but he still commits? Is that still ignorance?
- What if one keeps falling down from following the regulative principles?
- What if someone deviates from your teaching?
- What if the person cannot chant sixteen rounds a day? He says, "I can't..."
- What if we're going on sankirtana or something like that, how can we be sure that we won't fall down, we won't overendeavor? How can we be sure that we're not pushing ourselves too much?
- What if you hear but don't act accordingly in your practical life?
- What is an example of the throwing potency of maya?
- What is being foolish?
- What is going to happen to those who have left and yet they are committing offenses against you and against Krsna because they have become deranged?
- What is my position if I am chanting Hare Krsna mantra and I'm living in the association of the devotees, or I'm taking prasada, but I lose a taste or I have no desire, but for lack of having anything else to do, I remain?
- What is the any question of lost? How do you get disjoined with the God?
- What is the cause of man's physical, mental and spiritual deterioration in the succeeding yugas?
- What is the explanation, what is the reason for which there is a degradation of the human consciousness through the four ages?
- What is the implication of this cheating? What are the ramifications, the results?
- What is to become of those devotees that leave ISKCON and take to breaking the regulative principles, and stop chanting sixteen rounds?
- What made the soul take birth in the very beginning?
- What originally caused us to lose our relationship with Lord Krsna? I understand it is due to our desires, but how is this desire manifest?
- What prompts the soul to misuse his independence or improperly use...?
- What stops so many millions of people from doing it (becoming Krsna devotees)?
- What was this original sin?
- What will stop (this devil's workshop will stop)?
- What would an example of unconscious falldown be?
- When do we begin to become attracted?
- When one breaks the principles, can Krsna forgive him?
- When one has fallen too low in the material life, how can he come back to his original condition?
- When one is feeling very weak, fallen, how can he get going spiritually?
- When one's tasted the higher taste in devotional service how is it possible that he can fall back again in material sense gratification?
- When we are in the spiritual sky and serving Krsna, we have a perfect relationship with Krsna, what causes us to fall down in the material world, because we are already serving Krsna?
- When we fell down we were thinking, we could enjoy like that, in the same way?
- Where did we lose the contact with God?
- Who gives this asura-buddhi? From where this filth grows?
- Who prevents them, sir? maya (the cows, calves, animals and peacock - everyone is attracted to Krsna. The water is attracted to Krsna. That is Vrndavana. And here in the material world nobody is attracted by Krsna)
- Why are they so very puffed up and proud even with these defects, Srila Prabhupada (the four defects: He must commit mistake, he must be illusioned, and he must cheat, and his senses are imperfect)?
- Why are we evil? Why doesn't God make us good?
- Why did we left Sri Krsna and came to this world? What was the cause?
- Why do some misuse it (independence) and some never misuse it?
- Why do some people want to approach Krsna in hatred?
- Why do we choose the dark? Why are we all in the dark, most of us?
- Why does the soul forgets, forget his relation... with Krsna?
- Why is it sometimes if we are sincerely trying to serve Krsna we still make mistakes? We make in our service some mistakes. Does that mean that our mistakes come from the false ego?
- Why is it that a devotee falls down, that he wants to surrender to Krsna and again he falls back to the material world to become a false enjoyer?
- Why is it that we're so insignificant, but at the same time we become so puffed up?
- Why it seems that when the soul comes into contact with material nature it becomes contaminated?
- Will that be the first part of their falldown, to be in Vaikuntha and think of personal lust with Krsna's associates?
- With all these disqualifications, how can the general mass of people take to Krsna consciousness?
- Yes, but degradation is not...? Is it not a law of nature?
- Yes, well, due to problems that do occur from time to time, we.... You know, what people consider to be the false guru, is that all right with you?
- You are finding some difficulty with sex desire and have asked guidance from me to instruct you how to handle this problem of the material body...
- You were speaking in SB class about Ajamila and how by circumstances he fell down, and that because it wasn't intentional, Krsna forgave him. So, but still, at one point or another, he agreed to the desires of the prostitute. So isn't that free will?
- Your first question if someone has a relationship with Lord Krsna on Krsnaloka, does he ever fall down?
- Your Grace, what stops so many people from becoming Krsna devotees?
- Your second question about falling down from the brahma-jyotir...