This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Ayodhya"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- Accompanied by mother Sita and Laksmana, Lord Ramacandra then offered His respectful obeisances unto the learned brahmanas and the elderly persons in the family, and all the citizens of Ayodhya offered their respectful obeisances unto the Lord
- All the inhabitants of Ayodhya who saw Lord Ramacandra as citizens, served Him as servants, sat and talked with Him as friends or were somehow or other present during His reign went back home, back to Godhead
- The citizens of Ayodhya had the opportunity to see the Lord personally supervising the affairs of the state. He was not a sleeping monarch
- The citizens of Ayodhya were all given facilities for peaceful life, and they were also qualified with appropriate attributes according to varnasrama
- The citizens of Ayodhya, upon seeing their King return after a long absence, offered Him flower garlands, waved their upper cloths, and danced in great jubilation
- The citizens were trained according to the varnasrama system. A class of men were brahmanas, a class of men were ksatriyas, a class were vaisyas, and a class were sudras. Without this scientific division, there can be no question of good citizenship
- The residence of Lord Ramacandra on this planet is Ayodhya. Ayodhya City is still existing in the district of Faizabad, which is situated on the northern side of Uttar Pradesh
- The streets of Ayodhya were not only cleaned but also sprinkled with perfumed water and drops of perfumed liquor, which were distributed by elephants through their trunks
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead incarnated Himself as Sri Rama, accepting the sonhood of His pure devotee Maharaja Dasaratha, the King of Ayodhya
- There was no need of sprinkling machines (in the streets of Ayodhya because water were distributed by elephants through their trunks), for the elephant has a natural ability to suck water through its trunk and again throw it out in a shower
- There were many kings like Lord Ramacandra, the King of Ayodhya, but none of them are mentioned as God in the revealed scriptures
- Thus receiving the order from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to go to Vrndavana, Subuddhi Raya left Varanasi and went through Prayaga, Ayodhya and Naimisaranya toward Vrndavana
- We can understand the opulence of the city (Ayodhya) from this one example: it was actually sprinkled with perfumed water
- When all the inhabitants of Ayodhya saw that their boys had come back to life, they were astounded, and King Sagara greatly lamented the absence of his son (Asamanjasa)
- When Maharaja Dasaratha ruled Ayodhya, the great sage Visvamitra once came to him to take away Lord Ramacandra and Laksmana to the forest to kill a demon
- When Ramacandra returned to Ayodhya, He was greeted on the road by the princely order, who showered His body with beautiful, fragrant flowers, while great personalities like Brahma, other demigods glorified the activities of the Lord in great jubilation
- With many soldiers, He (Krsna) approached that part of the country, known as Ayodhya, making a regular state visit