- Padmā, padma
Pages in category "Padma"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total.
- Ten times sankha is padma, and ten times padma is sagara. Ten times sagara is antya, and ten times antya is madhya, and ten times madhya is parardha
- The different millenniums known as the Brahma, Padma and Varaha kalpas appear a little puzzling for the layman. There are some scholars who think these kalpas to be one and the same
- The inhabitants of Vaikuntha are decorated like the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, with sankha, cakra, gada and padma - conch, wheel, club and lotus
- The logic of naming a blind child "padma locana" - "lotus-eyed"
- The millennium following the Brahma-kalpa is known as the Padma-kalpa because the universal lotus grows in that millennium. The Padma-kalpa is also called the Pitr-kalpa in certain Puranas
- The millennium which followed the first Brahma millennium is known as the Padma-kalpa because in that millennium the universal lotus flower grew out of the navel reservoir of water of the Personality of Godhead, Hari
- The word svarupa refers to sarupya-mukti - going back home, back to Godhead, and remaining the Lord's eternal associate, having regained a spiritual body exactly resembling that of the Lord, with four hands, holding the sankha, cakra, gada and padma
- There is no contradiction between the Varaha and the Padma-kalpa of Brahma
- Vasudeva saw the newborn child, who had very wonderful lotuslike eyes and who bore in His four hands the four weapons sankha, cakra, gada and padma On His chest was the mark of Srivatsa and on His neck the brilliant Kaustubha gem - SB 10.3.9-10
- Vrndavana-dhama is a transcendental place because of Krsna's walking on this land frequently. The inhabitants of Vrndavana were fortunate to see these marks (of sankha-cakra-gada-padma - conchshell, disc, club and lotus) here and there
- We may doubt whether Lord Ramacandra could be in the same category (of visnu-tattva), since He was carried by Hanuman, not by Garuda, and had neither four hands nor the sankha, cakra, gada and padma
- When Krsna walks on this earth or in the heavenly planets, these marks (sankha-cakra-gada-padma - conchshell, disc, club and lotus) are visible wherever He goes