Questions On... Authority and Authenticity
Pages in category "Questions On... Authority and Authenticity"
The following 133 pages are in this category, out of 133 total.
- Because we do not know what sin is, wouldn't whatever the authority said be purely an idea to us?
- But can you prove that ("This (Krsna consciousness movement) is the only association for understanding Krsna throughout the whole world"?
- But do you accept the validity of other religion?
- But for his actions other than just following the four regulative principles and chanting sixteen rounds. He does so many other things during the day. Where does he derive his authority if he's not, let's say, living in the temple?
- But how can that (real process is devotion) be scientifically presented? How can we accept that scientifically?
- But how do you know one authority from the other?... But what I mean is you use the word authority, saying why would he translate that into English without authority? Now, what is the authority and who has the authority?
- But how does someone prove that something exists beyond his..., beyond our senses?
- But how would you know, anyway? How are you able to tell, anyway? I mean, for any of your disciples or us or anybody that goes to any spiritual master, how are we to tell... True master. How are we to tell one from the other?
- But in our Krsna consciousness philosophy the ideas are not to be re-evaluated. Aren't they absolute, the philosophy of Krsna consciousness?
- But there are many spiritual masters in the world. Each says...
- But there's so many so-called gurus, Prabhupada, how...?
- But to become learned, you go to so-called learned people, and you go to so-called learned people. How do you know that those so-called learned are...?
- But what do you do when different religious groups claim to be the center?
- Defamation of our religious cult. Because we're recognized by scholars as being bona fide. It says here, "Ungodly face of Krsna cult." How is that ungodly?
- Do you accept the supremacy of the Vedas, veda-pramanam?
- Do you have any evidence ("what you say, you have no proof, but what I say I have got proof")?
- Do you know that? Do you know that for a fact? How do you know this is not illusion? How do you know that? Do we know anything for sure (this is cotton. This is cotton. Everyone knows. But if I give you a lump)?
- Do you teach self-realization? Do you initiate? Then you are an authority on initiation?
- Do you think people should beware (of false gurus)?
- Do you think the same problem is here in India as in other countries (and now in India another danger is that so many rascals, they are declaring, "I am God." And this India, people have become so fallen down, they accept all these rascals as God)?
- Has there ever been debates on the authenticity of modern science, or is this the first time modern science has been challenged in the world?
- He is asking if we are sure if we are right in what we are saying?
- He wants to know if to be able to talk in that way you have met God, you have seen God, and if God has given you the authority for being seated on this vyasasana and receiving the obeisances of your disciples?
- He was asking how do we know what Krsna dictates, by what authority. How do we know how we can serve Krsna?
- He's asking how can we prove our point (that body and soul are two things)?
- He's saying did you think of these things yourself, to chant on the beads and follow the program in the morning, have you made these up yourself?... Who originated those steps?
- He's saying why do you say a perfect person instead of saying a perfect philosophy?
- How are we to tell one (true master) from the other (any spiritual master)?
- How are you to know that this act or that act is good or bad?
- How can one discriminate what is a real authority and who is a blind person posing as an authority?... How can we tell a real authority?... As opposed to someone who is posing as an authority?
- How can she be sure that the spiritual master is bona fide?
- How can we prove Krsna scientifically?
- How can you convince that we are the real genuine people?
- How do I know who is a perfect person?
- How do I know who is perfect?
- How do we know he's a good doctor or not? By his credential or... (if you are suffering from some disease, you have to go to a doctor who knows how to treat)?
- How do we know if somebody else, Yogananda, Maharsi, and all these different people that have translated it, how are we to tell that their version isn't Krsna's word from your version?
- How do we know that Vedavyasa is not defective like other living beings?
- How do we know, then, what is the real fact (when everyone gives his own opinion)?
- How do you become qualified? How did you become qualified?
- How do you know that a name (of God) is approved?
- How do you know that person who wrote it was perfect? And who is the perfect man? How do you find out?
- How do you know that you know? May I ask this (we have to find out, we have to find out who can give the perfect knowledge)?
- How do you think about somebody in last few days defeated the existence of Mahabharata itself?
- How does one distinguish between what is a false God...?
- How does one know a bona fide spiritual master who can lead them?
- How does the authority know to tell you?
- How one can know that given source of supposed spiritual truth is an actual truth? Is there any technique how one can get to it?
- How one can tell that he is a devotee of Krsna (one should hear about Krsna from Krsna devotee, not a professional man)?
- How should we know that he (the guru) knows about Krsna?
- How to identify a true learned man?
- How will the judgement be rendered (many different people say that they have the perfect information about God. If they have, that's all right. But it should be tested whether they have got)?
- How will you prove it (the gas came from ether, and ether came from mind, and mind came from intelligence, and intelligence came from the soul)?
- How? Which authority is that?
- I request, Swamiji, on what basis we can say that it is a different meaning or distorted meaning and not the meaning which the Gita says (but you understand in different way. That is difficulty. You create your own meaning)?
- I wondered whether you feel that it's right that you could perhaps issue a warning to people who are seeking some new spiritual life that they should take care to make sure they have a genuine guru to teach them
- If he accepts that he is imperfect, what experience qualifies him to talk about God?
- If he made a mistake and it's the wrong medicine, would you say he cheated you? Isn't that the point you were getting at?
- If I am perfect, then why do I have to submit to imperfection?... That means actually I am not perfect. Therefore what qualification have I got to give truth?
- If President Nixon had written a commentary on the Bible, no one in America would accept it. Then why should they accept Radhakrishnan's?
- If someone in all seriousness wishes to find the spiritual life and happens to finish up with the wrong guru, I mean should they beware?
- If the spiritual master is not bona fide, then is the Deity also not bona fide?
- If the spiritual master, Prabhupada, worships God through a demigod, is he bona fide?
- In India, there are many swamis who claim to be Krsna. How to detect them?
- Is it true that you once said something about the Supersoul being the size of the thumb? Where is that information or authority? He's the size of the thumb in human being?
- Is Krsna consciousness genuine?
- Is there some verse in the Bhagavatam which states that the Bhagavatam reciter must be a very qualified person?
- Is there some way to find out good without following the rules and regulations laid down by the authorities?
- Is this one of the main things that distinguishes a genuine guru from a fake guru (we do not want, depend on anyone's financial contributions. We depend on God, or Krsna)?
- No, you explained that ("He accepted him as learned scholar, but He did not accept him as very highly realized soul.") before. His guru, Vallabhacarya's guru, is... He's in Madhavendra Puri's line?
- Now, who said that (authority means one who has accepted Krsna as the Supreme Lord. Then he is authority)?
- She wants to know that there are many other gurus, and why do you feel that you have the truth?
- So therefore, from that point of view (of authority), it's very logical. Trying to do it the other way is impossible. From the... emprical process? Inductive reasoning? Deductive reasoning. Impossible
- So who shall decide what the criteria is, to test (many different people say that they have the perfect information about God. If they have, that's all right. But it should be tested whether they have got)?
- So why wouldn't, why couldn't they accept that such simple thing (accept Krsna as authority over Darwin)?
- So you never doubt any of this, anything at all?
- Some of them will say some things that Krsna says, but they'll take from other places also. What is the position of such persons?
- Sometimes in our practical dealings we have to make a decision and there is no possibility to refer to our authority. Shall we then try to understand what Krsna wants us to do?
- Sometimes there's a question that I'm asked, that we say we're imperfect so we have to receive perfect knowledge, but they say if you're always imperfect, then how can you know that it's perfect, what you're hearing?
- Srila Prabhupada, how should they set out to prove it, though? We've proved it by giving scriptural evidence. But how should a scientist do it?
- Suppose that they (scientists and teachers) acknowledge the fact that they do not know, but they challenge, "How do you know what you believe is right?"
- Swamiji, you accept Krsna as the supreme glory?
- Tested (many different people say that they have the perfect information about God. If they have, that's all right. But it should be tested whether they have got)?
- The gentleman is asking about the authenticity of Moses
- The vision of the eyes is imperfect. We have to see by intelligence, from the authority... Then one may ask, "Well, how do I recognize that this is the bona fide authority?"
- Then we will ask, how do we know who is really guru?
- Then why you'll understand that this is all humbug?
- There are many swamis and gurus and religious people throughout the world. How does one know which is the true guru?
- These days there are so many men who claim to have found the Absolute, who claim to be spiritual masters in their own way. How does one tell who is a bona fide spiritual master?
- They ask, "How are you so much sure about 8,400,000 species?"
- They say, "But why should we accept any one of your authorities?"
- They will say, "Well, how do we know that Krsna is God?"
- They would say, How do you know God said that? Just because it is written in a book, how do you know?
- Trying to understand in my own way?
- We are imperfect. How do we know what a perfect source is?
- What is the special quality that makes one a spiritual master to describe the infinite when God is beyond speculation?
- What is the standard of measurement? There are so many people saying they are the authority. How does one individually judge which one is the best or proper?
- What is the test of a true guru?
- What is your proof of what happened millions of years ago at the beginning of creation?
- What proof do you have that a human being has a soul?
- What's a man's qualification to be chosen… On what basis, though, can you tell me some of the things that…?
- What's the difference between a sadhu and a guru? Sadhu means authorities like Vyasa?
- Whatever the spiritual master says, that is also perfect?
- When Swamiji says, "The Supreme Personality says," where is the doubt and where is the questioning also?
- Where does someone derive his authority...?
- Where in our scriptures is there mention of Lord Jesus Christ as recognized and what is the purport?
- Who is the original authority of Bhagavad-gita?
- Why is it that people are so disinclined to listen to our authority - that they all take the scientists' authority - if it's just one authority or another?
- Why not start an authoritative group of Christians who chant Hare Krsna, who study the Bible and read the Bhagavad-gita?
- Why should they accept Krsna as authority over Darwin authority?
- Why should we accept that the living entity will not die?
- Why should we be after something which is adulterated? Why not preach genuine, if at all we preach?
- Why we are so fortunate to have such a nice genuine spiritual master as you, and some others have bogus spiritual master. Is it something of karma or is this the pure mercy of yourself?
- Will such a stand be acceptable to all sections of Hindus, and if so, how can the new smrtis come into being and who will give them sanction and sanctity?
- Would you tell us your experiences in that (what I say, I have got greater authority) field?
- Yes, but if you say fact (it is not belief, it is fact), how do you prove?
- Yes, I accept that view (if you are unable to give perfect knowledge, then what is the use of taking knowledge from you). But how do you prove that a man...?
- You do agree that there are many people who do try and cheat?
- You're not giving us any sort of answer. You're just sort of saying, "Believe in us, assume that you believe in us." So why don't you give us an answer?
- Your authority for this statement is based in the Vedic literature?
- Your Grace, what is the basis of your teachings?
- Your teachings are based on the assumption that Sri Krsna who lived for that period of time is the perfect person. But how do you fundamentally assure that what He has said is correct? How do you reconcile the two points?