Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
violence | violence's | violently | violent
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
Pages in category "Violence"
The following 98 pages are in this category, out of 98 total.
- Lord Buddha promulgamated a new type of religion - ahimsa paramo dharmah. "Don't commit violence. If I pinch your body, you feel pain. You should not pinch others"
- Sometimes the question is put before us: "You ask us not to eat meat, but you are eating vegetables. Do you think that is not violence?"
- Violence is certainly a path leading to a hellish condition of life, but it is also required for maintenance of the law and order of the state
- Violence is required in order to give protection
- A devotee must execute his prescribed duties, which are glorious, without material profit. Without excessive violence, one should regularly perform one's devotional activities
- A ksatriya is allowed to kill only for maintenance of the law and order of the state; he is not allowed to kill or commit violence without reason
- A ksatriya should not be a coward, and he should not be nonviolent; to rule over the country he has to act violently
- A person who enjoys life by earning money or by envying another's life, and who enjoys with family and friends, will have to enjoy alone the resultant sinful reactions accrued from such violent and illicit life
- A poverty-stricken man cannot become unnaturally fat by eating more and more. And on account of not being able to eat more than he requires, his senses are not very turbulent. When the senses are not very turbulent, he cannot become violent
- After that, Kuvera's two sons stood as two big arjuna trees in the courtyard of Nanda until Damodara, in order to fulfill the desire of Narada, dragged the milling pestle to which He was tied & struck the two trees, violently causing them to fall down
- Although mundane people like nonviolence and other such brilliant qualities, God, the Absolute Truth, being always the same, is good in any activities, even so-called immoral activities like stealing, killing and violence
- Although the justice of the peace awards capital punishment to a person condemned for murder, the justice of the peace cannot be blamed, because he orders violence to another person according to the codes of justice
- An unchaste woman is very easily carried away by paramours, and it sometimes happens that her husband is violently killed by her paramours. If the yogi gives his mind a chance and does not restrain it...
- Any religion committing unnecessary violence to the animals, (it is) third-class. It is not religion, it is cheating. Simply cheating
- At the beginning of the devastation all the seas overflow, and hurricane winds blow very violently. Thus the waves of the seas become ferocious, and in no time at all the three worlds are full of water
- At the present moment, there is violence because one party is trying to become Supreme than the other. That is going on everywhere, all over the world, the struggle for existence. Everyone is trying to become supreme than the other
- Because of the impact on the ground of the legs of the demons and demigods and the wheels of the chariots, particles of dust flew violently into the sky and made a dust cloud that covered all directions of outer space, as far as the sun
- Because the Personality of Godhead and His expanded bodies are always full of knowledge, bliss and eternity, they are always free from the eighteen kinds of material contaminations
- Being engaged in jealousy and violence to other bodies, materialists cannot understand the ultimate goal of life, and without knowing this goal of life, they generally glide down to a hellish condition in their next life
- Even an ant it is violent. As soon as it gets opportunity, it will bite you. So this tendency of artificial supremacy means material life. That is material life. So how you can stop it?
- Even there is required violence, a brahmana will not kill personally. He will bring the matter to the ksatriya, royal order
- Every living entity should be kindly treated and should not be subjected to any violence. In modern civilized society, slaughterhouses are regularly maintained and supported by a certain type of religious principle
- Everyone is trying to become supreme than the other. So there must be violence. So expecting that there will be violence, the ksatriya class required. Just like in the state, expecting that there will be violence, therefore the police department
- Everything has its proper utility, and a man who is situated in complete knowledge knows how and where to apply a thing for its proper utility. Similarly, violence also has its utility, and how to apply violence rests with the person in knowledge
- Finally the procession reached the house of the Kazi, who went upstairs out of fear of the masses. The great crowds assembled at the Kazi's house displayed a violent temper, but the Lord (Caitanya) asked them to be peaceful
- Formerly war was never declared by the whims of selfish political leaders; it was carried out on religious principles free from all vices. Violence carried out on religious principles is far superior to so-called nonviolence
- Four pillars of irreligion: lying, violence, dissatisfaction and quarrel
- Here, in this material world, violence is also required. Violence. Because everyone is competitor, everyone is trying to become the Supreme, so there will be violence
- His (Aghasura's) big eyes moved violently, and he quickly suffocated. His life air could not come out from any source, and ultimately it burst out of a hole in the upper part of his skull. Thus his life air passed off
- If a devotee has to commit violence, it should not be done beyond what is necessary
- If one has a motive for personal sense gratification, his devotional service is manifested differently. Such a man may be violent, proud, envious and angry, and his interests are separate from the Lord's
- In every living entity, however insignificant he may be, even in an ant, God is present, and therefore every living entity should be kindly treated and should not be subjected to any violence
- In the Absolute Truth, either nonviolence or violence, they are absolute. Here we have got bad effects of violence, but when violence is performed by the Absolute, it has no bad effect, it has good effect
- In the Bhagavad-gita, Lord Krsna directly gave His order to Arjuna to commit violence on the battlefield of Kuruksetra, just to give protection to the people in general
- Indian independence was achieved not by Gandhi's non-violence method but (by) Subhas Bose's violence method. And he wanted to explain nonviolence from Bhagavad-gita. Just see, another foolishness
- It is contradictory to be violent and at the same time call oneself a religious person. Such hypocrisy is not approved by Narada Muni and the disciplic succession
- Kasyapa Muni said: My dear wife (Diti), to follow this vow, do not be violent or cause harm to anyone. Do not curse anyone, and do not speak lies. Do not cut your nails and hair, and do not touch impure things like skulls and bones
- Killing on the battlefield on religious principles and killing animals in the sacrificial fire are not at all considered to be acts of violence, because everyone is benefited by the religious principles involved
- Krsna continued, "While I was kidnapping you (Rukmini), your elder brother Rukmi violently protested and fought with Me. As a result of the fight, I defeated him mercilessly and disfigured his body"
- Krsna replied, "Because of Haihaya, Nahusa, Vena & Ravana's false perception of their positions, they fell from their exalted posts & they no longer remained kings of their respective kingdoms & were lost in the violence of abominable conditioned life"
- Krsna then began to kick his (Aristasura's) body, just as one squeezes a wet cloth on the ground. Being thus kicked by Krsna, Aristasura rolled over and began to move his legs violently
- Ksatriyas are allowed to commit violence in that way because violence for a good purpose is a part of their duty
- Lord Krsna and Arjuna, the Lord's eternal friend, had no need to fight in the Battle of Kuruksetra, but they fought to teach people in general that violence is also necessary in a situation where good arguments fail
- Lord Sri Krsna was lying down underneath the handcart in one corner of the courtyard, and although His little legs were as soft as leaves, when He struck the cart with His legs, it turned over violently and collapsed
- Material contaminations: "illusion, fatigue, committing errors, roughness, aterial lust, restlessness, pride, envy, violence, disgrace, exhaustion, untruth, anger, hankering, dependence, desire to lord over the universe, seeing duality, and cheating"
- Materialistic inventions are considered to be advancement of human civilization, but the result is that people grow more and more violent and more and more cruel, cruel to animals and cruel to other human beings
- Mundane violence and nonviolence have nothing to do with the Lord's acts. A demon killed by Him attains the same result as one who attains liberation after many, many births of penance and austerity
- No one can destroy the eternal spirit - that is what we need to understand at the present moment. The indestructible spirit is thus above the conception of violence and nonviolence
- No one who was sinful, envious, violent toward other living entities, cunning, falsely proud, lusty or greedy could enter that city (of Indra). The people who lived there were all devoid of these faults
- One must conquer lusty desires, anger, greed, fear, lamentation, illusion, fright, unnecessary talks on material subjects, violence, the four miseries of material existence, and the three material qualities. That is the objective of human life
- One who is not satisfied with the mind must fall to degradation. One must conquer lusty desires, anger, greed, fear, lamentation, illusion, fright, unnecessary talks on material subjects, violence, the four miseries of material existence
- Our only request is, with folded hands and begging you, so many flatterings, we simply request... Dante nidhaya trnakam padayor nipatya. This is our process. We are not very violent pushing
- People in general are trapped by ignorance in the material concept of life, and they perpetually suffer material pains. So unless one elevates people to spiritual knowledge, one is practicing violence
- People misunderstand that Bhagavad-gita is ordinary warfare, violence. But it is not that. It is arranged by Krsna because, to fulfill His mission
- That action performed in illusion, in disregard of scriptural injunctions, and without concern for future bondage or for violence or distress caused to others is said to be in the mode of ignorance
- The answer is that it was the desire of the Supreme Personality of Godhead to end the violence which was then being committed in the name of the Vedas
- The eighteen material contaminations - illusion, fatigue, errors, roughness, material lust, restlessness, pride, envy, violence, disgrace, exhaustion, untruth, anger, hankering, dependence, desire to lord over the universe, seeing duality and cheating
- The few religious deeds that the demons perform are merely a show; they are meant only to flatter their false ego and bring them more recognition and respect. They perform them only for their own sense enjoyment and are invariably acts of violence
- The human body is meant for spiritual realization, so any movement or any commissions which do not further that end commit violence on the human body. That which furthers the future spiritual happiness of the people in general is called nonviolence
- The king's punishment of hanging a murderer is actually beneficial. Similarly, when Krsna orders fighting, it must be concluded that violence is for supreme justice, and thus Arjuna should follow the instruction
- The ksatriya's duty is to protect the citizens from all kinds of difficulties, and for that reason he has to apply violence in suitable cases for law and order
- The ksatriyas should be very strong to be able to give protection to the weak. They should not pose themselves as nonviolent. If violence is required, they must exhibit it. But a person who is able to curb down his enemy may show forgiveness
- The so-called religionists were falsely using the Vedas to justify such violent acts as meat-eating, and Lord Buddha came to lead the fallen people away from such a false interpretation of the Vedas
- The symptoms of the Kali-yuga, as mentioned above, namely avarice, falsehood, diplomacy, cheating, nepotism, violence and all such things, are already in vogue
- The thirty-three vyabhicari-bhavas, bodily symptoms manifest in ecstatic love, are as follows: (23) mati, attention; (24) dhrti, forbearance; (25) harsa, jubilation; (26) autsukya, eagerness; (27) augrya, violence and (28) amarsa, anger
- The whole world is full of violence, and a devotee's first business is to stop this violence, including the unnecessary slaughter of animals
- The wind blows violently, blasting dust everywhere and creating darkness. Clouds are raining everywhere with bloody disasters
- Those who are committing sins like illicit sex, fault-finding, and unjustified violence rarely attain spiritual knowledge or realization
- Those who are in the lower grades of society prefer to perform sacrifices by killing animals, but one who is advanced in knowledge must avoid such unnecessary violence
- Though the soul is immortal, violence is not encouraged, but at the time of war it is not discouraged when there is actual need for it. That need must be justified in terms of the sanction of the Lord, and not capriciously
- To train the innocent boy to be a sense gratifier at the early age when the child is actually happy in any circumstance is the greatest violence
- Violence against living beings, and desire for worldly gain, worldly reception and worldly fame are all detrimental to the progress of bhakti, or Bhagavata-dharma
- Violence also has its utility, and how to apply violence rests with the person in knowledge
- Violence carried out on religious principles is far superior to so-called nonviolence
- Violence, committed in the act of fighting for Krsna, is not violence at all because, at any rate, the man, or rather the soul, cannot be killed; so for the administration of justice, so-called violence is permitted
- We are not propagating the philosophy of ahimsa, or nonviolence, because in some way or other, there is violence, either you take fruit or grain or animal. But the principle is that you have to take prasadam
- We have to commit violence; that is a natural law. We should not, however, commit violence extravagantly, but only as much as ordered by the Lord
- What is this stealing and violence. This is not good. By stealing, did Gurukrpa Maharaja collect that money? Stealing is not our business. Our business is to become Krsna conscious
- When government employs some police force, some military force, that does not means impious. That is required. Similarly, fighting or violence is not always impious. But a responsible person, he does not take violence unnecessarily
- When Lord Siva released a particular weapon bringing about a violent hurricane on the battlefield, Lord Krsna presented just the opposing element, a mountain weapon, which checked the hurricane on the spot
- When you hear the sound of the wind, "Ohnnhnn Shaah Shaah," you say, "Oh, today wind is very violently blowing." You can feel, but you don't see the air. So don't stress on seeing only
- Yes, we are pure politicians. What is pure politicians? Politics requires violence. So annihilate the demons and give protection
- You cannot avoid violence from this material world. It is useless proposal. Our Mahatma Gandhi tried to stop violence. He started the nonviolence movement, but factually he had to die by violence