This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Kuruksetra"
The following 72 pages are in this category, out of 72 total.
- After crossing these provinces (Brahmavarta, Kuruksetra, Matsya, Sarasvata, the province of the desert and the land of scanty water) He (Lord Krsna) gradually reached the Sauvira and Abhira provinces, then west of these, reached Dvaraka at last
- Among the women present at Kuruksetra during the solar eclipse were Kunti, Gandhari, Draupadi, Subhadra and the queens of many other kings, as well as the gopis from Vrndavana
- And by his mind a Krsna conscious person always thinks of the activities of the Lord - as He is speaking on the battlefield of Kuruksetra or engaging in His various pastimes at Vrndavana with His devotees
- Another son of Ajamidha was known as Rksa. From Rksa came a son named Samvarana, and from Samvarana through the womb of his wife, Tapati, the daughter of the sun-god, came Kuru, the King of Kuruksetra
- Arriving in Kuruksetra, the members of the Yadu dynasty took baths ceremoniously, with self-control, as enjoined in the sastras, & they observed fasting for the whole period of the eclipse in order to nullify the reactions of their sinful activities
- At other times Krsna went to Kuruksetra from His paternal home (Dvaraka) during the solar eclipse, and at these times the residents of Vrndavana also went to see Him there
- Atheists try to interpret different meanings of the words dharma-ksetra and kuru-ksetra. Therefore Srila Jiva Gosvami has warned us not to depend on any kind of interpretation. It is better to take the verses as they are, without interpretation
- Because almost all the members of the Yadu dynasty went to Kuruksetra, some important personalities, like Aniruddha, the son of Pradyumna, and Krtavarma, the commander in chief of the Yadu dynasty
- Because almost all the members of the Yadu dynasty went to Kuruksetra, some important personalities, Sucandra, Suka and Sarana, remained in Dvaraka to protect the city
- Because the sages assembled in the place of pilgrimage at Kuruksetra had spoken about the Lord as the supreme cause of everything, Vasudeva simply repeated it out of his love for Krsna and Balarama
- Between those kingdoms (Hastinapur, Anarta, Sauvira and Kuruksetra) were many mountains, rivers, towns, villages, pasturing grounds and mining fields. The procession passed through all these places in its advance
- By astronomical calculation, people were informed about this great eclipse prior to its taking place, and therefore everyone, both men and women, decided to assemble at the holy place in Kuruksetra known as Samanta-pancaka
- Dhrtarastra said: O Sanjaya, after assembling in the place of pilgrimage at Kuruksetra, what did my sons and the sons of Pandu do, being desirous to fight? BG 1.1 - 1972
- Dhrtarastra said: O Sanjaya, after my sons and the sons of Pandu assembled in the place of pilgrimage at Kuruksetra, desiring to fight, what did they do?
- For example, the Bhagavad-gita is spoken on the battlefield of Kuruksetra, and the impersonalists say that although Krsna is of interest, the battlefield of Kuruksetra isn't
- For Krishna we can execute any activity, but this is not free license to act whimsically. Arjuna was able to fight on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra because this was Krishna's desire, not because it was simply his whims
- Here at Kuruksetra You are dressed like a royal prince, accompanied by great warriors, but in Vrndavana You appeared just like an ordinary cowherd boy, accompanied only by Your beautiful flute
- His (Dhrtarastra's) brother Pandu died also. Then in the Battlefield of Kuruksetra his one hundred sons and his grandsons all died, along with all other well-wishers like Bhismadeva, Dronacarya, Karna and many other kings and friends
- His (Krsna's) childhood pastimes were blissfully enjoyed by mother Yasoda and Nanda Maharaja. This fact was admitted by Vasudeva himself when he met Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda at Kuruksetra
- I appreciated the grand place of Kuruksetra. I wish to organize this holy spot for spreading Krishna Consciousness all over the world
- I shall inform you immediately as soon as I know of the Kuruksetra land. In the meantime, you should honor the contract, and if necessary do whatever is required
- In Kuruksetra there are crowds of people, elephants and horses, and also the rattling of chariots. But in Vrndavana there are flower gardens, and the humming of the bees and chirping of the birds can be heard
- In this meeting at Kuruksetra, Kuntidevi and Vasudeva, who were sister and brother, met after a long separation, along with their respective sons and daughters-in-law, children and other family members
- Is it not a Hindi word? Kuruksetra is a name of place. So what is the difficulty? Why do you interpret that Kuruksetra means this body? This rascaldom has killed the whole spiritual atmosphere of India
- Krsna says that "I am the Supreme." We accept it. That is hearing. And if you interpret, "Oh, Krsna means this, Kuruksetra means this," that mean you're spoiling your time. Why this, that? As it is, hear as it is
- Kuruksetra continues to exist since the Vedic age, and it is sheer foolishness when interpreters ignore or deny the existence of Kuruksetra
- Kuruksetra is a fact, and it is a dharma-ksetra. Still many millions of Indians go there to visit, especially during the solar eclipse occasion they go there
- Kuruksetra is dharma-ksetra, the place where religious ritualistic performances are done. Kuru-ksetre dharmam acaret. That is the Vedic version.
- O Saunaka, the Lord (Krsna) then proceeded towards Kurujangala, Pancala, Surasena, the land on the bank of the River Yamuna, Brahmavarta, Kuruksetra, Matsya, Sarasvata, the province of the desert and the land of scanty water
- Once during his travels all over the world, Pururava saw Urvasi, accompanied by five companions, on the bank of the Sarasvati at Kuruksetra. With jubilation in his face, he then spoke to her in sweet words as follows
- She thought of Him in the calm and quiet atmosphere of Vrndavana, dressed as a cowherd boy. But at Kuruksetra He was in a royal dress and was accompanied by elephants, horses and crowds of men. Thus the atmosphere was not congenial for Their meeting
- Sometimes commentators say that the word kuruksetra in the first verse of the Bhagavad-gita refers to one's body, but we do not accept this
- That kuruksetre is still existing. It is not a myth or mythology. The nonsense people, they may say like that, but Krsna is the supermost person both in history...
- The gopis saw their beloved Krsna at Kuruksetra after a long separation. They secured and embraced Him in their hearts through their eyes, and they attained a joy so intense that not even perfect yogis can attain it
- The kuru-ksetra is a pilgrimage, dharma-ksetra. Still it is. There is a railway station of the name Kuruksetra, and that Kuruksetra place is very big field
- The Kuruksetra is still there. Everyone knows. There is a railway station of the name Kuruksetra and there is a place Kuruksetra. Now it is being developed by the government. So how you can explain Kuruksetra otherwise? Kuruksetra is a fact
- The land at Kuruksetra is now available to us. So you can come and join me
- The meeting of Radha and Krsna during this occasion (in Kuruksetra during the solar eclipse) is a very pathetic story, and Lord Sri Caitanya, in the ecstasy of Radharani, always pined for Lord Sri Krsna at Jagannatha Puri
- The members of the Yadu dynasty came to Kuruksetra in their gorgeously decorated chariots, which resembled the airplanes of the demigods and which were pulled by big horses that moved like the waves of the ocean
- The procession of Lord Krsna's party advanced toward Hastinapura (New Delhi) and gradually passed through the kingdoms of Anarta (Gujarat Province), Sauvira (Surat), the great desert of Rajasthan, and then Kuruksetra
- The sacred lakes like Puskara and places where saintly persons live, like Kuruksetra, Gaya, Prayaga, Pulahasrama, Naimisaranya, the banks of the Phalgu River, Setubandha, Prabhasa, Dvaraka - all of these are to be considered most pious and sacred
- The subject of His thoughts was Srimati Radharani, who met Krsna on the field of Kuruksetra. Although She met Krsna there, She was nonetheless thinking of Him in the following way
- The temple (of Lord Jagannatha in Puri) is still visited by thousands of pilgrims daily. This temple is in remembrance of the Lord's visit at Kuruksetra during an occasion of solar eclipse and His subsequent meeting with the residents of Vrndavana
- There is a proposed meeting with the chief minister of Haryana for organizing Kuruksetra and if that meeting is serious, then certainly I shall remain in India
- There is another statement in the Srimad-Bhagavatam telling of the damsels of Braja meeting Krsna at the sacred place of Kuruksetra, many years after their childhood pastimes
- They (Pandavas and Kauravas) were generous because in the Battlefield of Kuruksetra they would fight like anything, but at night they were friends. The one man is going. Just like sportsman. They fight during the play, but after that, they are friends
- We do not explain Kuruksetra as this body. There is no meaning. There is no dictionary which means Kuruksetra this body. So Kuruksetra is a place. Dharmaksetra, it is a place of religion or as our Vedic instruction
- We have presented Bhagavad-gita As It Is. We do not create meanings by concoction. Sometimes commentators say that the word kuruksetra in the first verse of the Bhagavad-gita refers to one's body, but we do not accept this
- We understand that Kuruksetra is a place that still exists, and according to the Vedic version it is a dharma-ksetra, or a place of pilgrimage
- We understand that Kuruksetra is a place that still exists, and according to the Vedic version it is a dharma-ksetra, or a place of pilgrimage. People still go there to perform Vedic sacrifices
- What is the difficulty? Dharma-ksetra kuru-ksetra, is that a very difficult Sanskrit? Now, there is no question. Even in... If you do not understand Sanskrit, what is the difficulty to understand dharma-ksetra?
- When He saw the deities, Lord Caitanya thought He was seeing Krsna in Kuruksetra. He wondered, "Have I come to Kuruksetra? Where is Vrndavana"
- When Lord Krsna, along with His elder brother Balarama and sister Subhadra, came to Kuruksetra in a chariot on the occasion of a solar eclipse, many mystic yogis also came
- When Mother Yasoda, the Queen of Gokula, was going to see her son Krsna at Kuruksetra, one of her friends began to address her thus
- When Nanda Maharaja and the other residents of Vrndavana had heard that Krsna would be present in Kuruksetra because of the solar eclipse and that all the members of the Yadu dynasty would also be there, they had immediately prepared to go there
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would see Jagannatha along with Balarama and Subhadra, He would immediately think that He had reached Kuruksetra, where all of them had come
- When the cowherd men of Vrndavana arrived in Kuruksetra, all the members of the Yadu dynasty were most pleased
- Why should we interpret it that "This Kuruksetra means this body, dharmaksetra, this body"? Why? Why mislead people? Stop this misleading. And Kuruksetra is still there. Kuruksetra station, railway station, is there