Questions On... Birth, Death, Procreation
Pages in category "Questions On... Birth, Death, Procreation"
The following 168 pages are in this category, out of 168 total.
- About religion, Swamiji. Religion is capable to stop death?
- According to their philosophy, if whether you practice or you don't practice you get the same result in the end, what's the use of doing anything? If at death everything merges back, what's the use of doing anything? Why not commit suicide?
- After death no death?
- After that seven months of unconsciousness in the body, in the womb, what does that spirit soul experience from that time till it comes out?
- After the Battle of Kuruksetra there were many men killed. How were all the young people and the women protected after so many millions of men were killed?
- Almost everyone, except me perhaps, is concerned about death. But how about the smaller obstacles which nevertheless can make people very depressed, neurotic? How do you recognize and live with them or eliminate them?
- And that works (voluntarily accepting death so that immediately he can return back to the spiritual world)?
- Are they able to increase the life by a single moment?
- Are we all part of Krsna and at the time of death if we think of Krsna, like we become what? Like meshed in with Krsna?
- Are you prepared to die?
- Are you saying that you should never kill a cow but that you sometimes can kill a person?
- At the time of death, soul goes with the actions, the past?
- At the time of death, when the soul leaves the body, at that time the body is destroyed. So at the time of sleeping, when the soul leaves the body, how is the body maintained?
- Being a brahmana by birth, does it mean anything?
- But as I understood it, you were encouraging death as a form of liberation. Isn't that my understanding? That that was the ideal?
- But how has the cockroach been formed?
- But is there anything wrong with accepting the fact that you are mortal, you die, you rot and you become nothing?
- But it requires some emanation from a cockroach body in order to create another cockroach body. So how can a cockroach body be created from vapors without contact of another cockroach?
- But the bones of those people that they've found, where are their bodies now? Have they gone to some other...?
- But then why do you fear this death of the physical body (the material body is the cause of pains and pleasure. So if you don't get the material body, if you remain in your spiritual body, that is real enjoyment)?
- But when the body is finally finished, aren't the senses also finished?
- But would that mean that a person who is a pure devotee doesn't have to die?
- Can the scientists control that, the type of genes, the kinds of body, the child will get?
- Can we not also say that self and not self must separate, either in death involuntarily, or through destiny?
- Can you explain about taking a spiritual body after death?
- Can you explain to me just a bit more, if the soul is undying, does everybody's soul go to be with God when they die? Do you have a belief in a heaven or a hell?
- Can you tell me something about Lord Caitanya's birth, when He was born, what happened, what was it like?
- Death is just like sleep. When we're sleeping we feel.... So why, then, we should be afraid of death?
- Did Bhismadeva get wounded by arrows at the battle of Kuruksetra, or did he simply chose to leave his mortal body and thus lay down for passing on a bed of arrows?
- Did Jesus die on the cross to redeem all the sins of the world?
- Did Kamsa also achieve the grace? He was immediately transferred to the spiritual planets after he was killed?
- Do the living entities who are born from perspiration require a mother and father?
- Do you remember what you wrote about, which part? About Krsna's birth?
- Don't you think it is a contradiction that if a man is a bad throughout his life and only at the time of death he thinks of Krsna and gets...?
- Happens after death, where do we pick up?
- He (cobblers, they eat this cows' flesh when the animal is dead, not living and we'll kill) dies his own natural death?
- He (Einstein) died in a leper colony, didn't he?
- He (God) doesn't supply his bread to everybody unless... People die, do they not?
- He is asking when you take birth again do you take birth as the same sex or do you change your sex?
- He says that you cannot bring life, but you can bring death immediately. Why is that?
- He wants to know if we are born good and then we learn the bad thing?
- He's asking how can he be relieved from such sadness when his son has died? How do we evaluate death?
- Her soul is still alive, and she is still functioning spiritually, even though her brain is dead. Is that what...?
- How do I know that animals do not want to die?
- How do you convince a person that they are suffering, when they're saying they are happy and not afraid to die?
- How do you explain suicide?
- How do you process to a right moment unless one is helped at the last minute of death?
- How do you regard suicide, and would there be any exceptional circumstances that might justify it?
- How does one give up the fear of dying?
- How many births do we have?
- How was it possible for Ajamila to chant the name at the time of death?
- How would he (the crocodile) have that loving feeling to hatch the baby?
- I know I will (die), but how can we realize that, come to the platform of realizing?
- I may have missed a point about the atheist. He sees God at the time of death. Does he see the form of Krsna at the time of death?
- I think he (Mr. Nair) died before you completed the transaction. He died, no?
- I'm a bit puzzled about this, these entities that are born from perspiration, like that. It seems that there's no father and mother, yet like we were just using the argument that there must be a father and mother?
- If death is sure in any case, for the thinking man or for the nonthinking man, then why think about it?
- If Krsna was not born, then what is the significance of that word, that sambhavami, dharma-samstha...?
- If one arrange in this lifetime for others to render service to Krsna, but if the purpose is to simply maintain his family and if he's still attached to sense gratification, at the time of death, will he attain a birth in a family of Vaisnavas?
- If one takes a birth in a rich man family, rich man's family, how it is good?
- If we're always thinking of death, how can we enjoy life now?
- If you had died before you had come to the United States, would that have been a tragedy?
- Immediately (after we die you get another body)?
- In other words, they are theorizing that "Death is a very peaceful state of sleeping. Why are we protesting so much"?
- In the Bhagavad-gita it says that Brahma is the second spiritual master. I thought that all spiritual masters live forever; but Brahma doesn't live forever
- In the case of Jaya and Vijaya, who fell down and took the role of demons, after three births as demons, they were supposed to go back to the spiritual world. So after the three births in this universe, were the same pastimes going on in other universes?
- Is it (who is a sudra) determined by jati, by birth?
- Is it by chance what you think of at the time of death or is... it dependent?
- Is it not true that if you don't spend your life thinking of Krsna, it may be difficult at the time of death to remember Him because of attachment?
- Is it possible to create a suitable environment for life to enter?
- Is it true that when you die, when you're going to die, you get another life?
- Is that (even abortion they (priests) are defending) because they have no standard?
- Is that a guarantee for going home, if someone leaves their body in the dhama?
- Is that immediately after one dies you transfer to another body, or later (you are associating with some modes of material nature. So according to that association, you'll get next body)?
- Is that spiritual master still guiding after the death?
- Is that what is meant when a man thinks when he dies (according to your desire, you'll get a body), at the moment...?
- Is the time that I'm going to die, and everybody going to die, is this preset before they're born? Do I have, when I'm born, do I have a certain given lifespan?
- Is there ever a time when the subtle body dies?
- Is there sex after death?
- Is this (Those who are not accepting God in lifetime, they will meet God, death. Death is another form of God) something where we can sort of experience death while we are still alive?
- It (death) is inevitable, isn't it?
- It is prohibited to consume, consume flesh, meat. It's because there is soul in the body and if we kill it, therefore we are doing a sin. I think it's because that we can't consume meat according to the Vedic literature. But what about plants, Swamiji?
- It is said in the Bhagavad-gita that if one thinks at the time of death, if he thinks of Krsna, he goes to Krsna. What if one thinks of his spiritual master?
- Just before her death she apparently was able to explain some of her past lifetimes to her mother, that she had formerly been a princess or of noble birth and that now she was being called. Is there some explanation for that?
- Just like at the time of disintegration of this body, the living entity leaves this body and the body disintegrates, so does the atomic body also disintegrate when the living entity leaves it and moves to a higher body?
- Just like now we have come to the point where the different doctors are thinking very seriously of having this mercy killing passed in the courts. When a person becomes too much diseased, actually he would be happier if he was dead, so why not kill him?
- Maharaja Yudhisthira and Arjuna after Krsna left the earth, returned to the spiritual sky in this same body. Does that indicate that their bodies were so spiritual from spiritual activities that they no longer were material bodies?
- Materialistic pleasure, Freud says, serves the death instinct, but doesn't materialistic pleasure just bring out more craving for pleasure?
- My shirt and coat are dead (the body is dead. Body is dead. Just like your shirt. It is dead always. Either on your body or hanging on the hanger. Your shirt and coat, is it not?)?
- People are believing that at the end of life, there's just death. So why worry about anything else? Therefore we should just enjoy right now
- Prabhupada, I would like to know, if there is no birth in the spiritual world, how do we re-enter the spiritual world?
- Prabhupada, if our body should meet death while engaged in your service, will our transmigration be protected in the ultimate...?
- Prabhupada, why people are not able to understand this (one day, nature's law comes, gives him a slap: "Get out!" Finished)?
- Prabhupada, you said that at the time of death, if one is Krsna conscious, he's given a spiritual body. Is the spiritual body... You said it has been created. Originally, we had a spiritual body, and then we fell under the...
- So sleeping is like temporary death?
- So when this body is finished, why shall the soul be gone?
- Srila Prabhupada, a man sees that his father has died - everyone is dying - why does he believe that he will not die?
- Srila Prabhupada? The spirit is supposed to be stronger than matter. The spirit is superior than matter... What happens when the body dies? Is the spirit forced to leave or does it leave on its own accord?
- Suffering for whom (to remain ten months within the packed-up abdomen of the mother)?
- Suppose a person thinks of God all his life and dies, and a person who doesn't think of God at all also dies. What is our life after death?
- Suppose a rascal remembers Krsna at the time of death
- Suppose he wills nothing at the time of death?
- Supposing hundred pure saintly Krsna conscious people are meditating or discussing or just serving together, and there comes somebody, some dusta who drops a bomb, and at the end of all...?
- Supposing there is a person who is not Krsna conscious during his life, but at the time of death he becomes Krsna conscious. Then what his body...?
- Swamiji, you mentioned that death is actually sleeping for seven months? Is this provided you take on a human form of life? If you take on a dog's body then it's still seven months?
- That these are the basic problems of most men?... Death, fears of death and disease... You too?
- That's actually susupti (living entity does not die; he remains unconscious for seven months)?
- The argument is that how can an entity take birth in perspiration? His question. So how can a living entity take birth in the fire?
- The family of the person who is suffering, says that "Please don't apply these machines. Let the person die." But the medical doctors say "No, we'll keep him alive as long as we can go on." So this is a problem. So who's right? Is the family right, or...
- The life symptoms are maintained in the body still (when the seer has left the gross body)?
- The mind and the intelligence, they are not material? ...But they don't die? They die also?
- The old machine continues to change after the spirit soul leaves, it deteriorates?
- The rocks also have offspring, if they're living?
- Then Lord Caitanya's wife, she died?
- There is a preordained karma that says some human being should come into existence or some spirit soul should take some body. How can you reconcile this birth control with that?
- There's also the story of that Maharaja Khatvanga, who found out that he only had a minute to live. What did he do, that he...? You say that he surrendered at once
- There's no material father, though? In that case (with entities that are born from perspiration)?
- They (Krsna and His associates) didn't go through any death of any sort?
- They say if it's advancement of knowledge, if they are advanced, why do they have to die? The animals are dying, and they're accepting that, and the human beings also die. But why does he have to die if he's advanced in knowledge?
- They say why do you worry so much about death? We are living. We are enjoying life, why do you worry about death?
- They're inquiring, "Is there sex after death?"
- Well, do you see that many people will die because there's not... (on account of scarcity of rainfall, food production will be reduced)?
- Were you born in this country?
- What about for a child, a newly born baby. Are they born into a material body because of their parents' bad doings?
- What about like euthanasia, say. Isn't that nonacceptance of a material body? If by some, for some reason the child isn't allowed to be born?
- What about persons who die in their sleep? Is that a sinful death?
- What about when somebody is born with three arms or eight toes?
- What do we say that something is (that something is missing within the body, therefore it is dead)?
- What do you know about the soul leaving the body? Maybe when the body leaves the soul, the soul also dies. I think it is same thing.
- What does that mean? The final inauspicious date?
- What happens to us immediately after our material body dies?
- What happens when the machine stops?
- What if they die in coma? What if they die in deep unconsciousness?
- What is Krsna consciousness in relation to other faiths, like, say, when you think of Krsna and you die, in a battle for Krsna or something? What if you believed in Jesus Christ and you died in battle for Jesus Christ?
- What is the difference of changing our body during our lifetime and at death?
- What is the present hope of the human society even beyond death?
- What would happen to the people that killed Christ on the cross? Very bad, it seems
- What's happening at the time of death?
- When a person dies, his soul will take another body? Then why is the population today increasing?
- When I die, my deeds will follow along with me. That is how I imagine it... That's personal karma?
- When Krsna was born, who was born before Krsna?
- When some new animal or person is born, is the soul always a reincarnation of some previous soul?
- When somebody is dying and his external consciousness is completely absorbed in all kinds of terrible bodily symptoms, how is it that a devotee remembers Krsna? What is actually happening that he's able to remember Krsna?
- When that promotion comes, Srila Prabhupada, they are not immediately born into a society like American or...?
- When the body dies, the body is finished, but what about the soul?
- When the spirit soul leaves the body, the body continues to change, it deteriorates?
- When you say that they're (bugs and germs) born from perspiration like cockroaches, does that mean that the eggs are laid by the female and then the atmosphere of perspiration enables the eggs to be hatched? Like that?
- Why am I forced to death?
- Why aren't we able to recall when we were in the womb?
- Why at the time of death, the name of God does not come?
- Why did God create death in order to stop our enjoyment?
- Why is that (progress means when you conquer death) the only progress?
- Why it is that when the body is dead that the fingernails continue to grow?
- Why should we live anymore? We're not getting any pleasure out of life. There's no future. Why should... People are happy to die these days, because there is no pleasure
- Why should we think that birth and death is so painful, Srila Prabhupada, because wherever we are, we can think about Krsna...?
- Without the consciousness, what happens to the soul when the body dies?
- Would it be possible for them (scientists) to make a body and have a living entity enter into it?