Gargamuni | "Garga Muni" | "Garga Rsi" | "Gargacarya"
- "the family priest of the yadu-vamsa"
- "priest of the Yadu dynasty"
- Father of Gargi
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- ► Garga Upanisad (2 P)
- ► Krsna and Gargamuni (32 P)
Pages in category "Gargamuni"
The following 35 pages are in this category, out of 35 total.
- Garga Muni continued to say, "My dear King of Vraja, in His previous births this child many times protected righteous persons from the hands of rogues and thieves whenever there was political disruption"
- Garga Muni further hinted to Nanda Maharaja that his son would also be called Giridhari because of His uncommon pastime of lifting Govardhana Hill
- Garga Muni said, "Because your family and the family of the Yadus are so intimately connected & attracted, His name will also be Sankarsana." This means that Garga Muni awarded three names to the son of Rohini - namely Balarama, Sankarsana and Baladeva
- Garga Muni said, "Being very popular in Vrndavana, He will be the cause of all good fortune for you. Because of His presence, you will overcome all kinds of material calamities, despite opposing elements"
- Garga Muni stated, "I do not want to become responsible for all these future calamities"
- Garga Muni was a great saintly sage who had undergone many austerities and penances and been appointed priest of the Yadu dynasty
- Garga Muni was proficient in this knowledge (of astrological science). By this knowledge one can understand what his previous activities were that are causing him to enjoy or suffer in this life
- Gargamuni did disclose to Nanda Maharaja that Balarama would be known as Sankarsana because of uniting two families - the yadu-vamsa and the vamsa of Nanda Maharaja - one of which was known as ksatriya and the other as vaisya
- Gargamuni Swami is collecting for Mayapur. Is he sending you any money? How is the money being utilized?
- He (Garga Muni) informed Nanda Maharaja that the son of Rohini would be very pleasing to His family members and relatives and therefore would be called Rama. In the future He would be extraordinarily strong and therefore would be called Baladeva
- He (Garga Muni) pleased Lord Siva and received from him the benediction of a son. He begot this son, Kalayavana, in the wife of a Yavana king. This Kalayavana inquired from Narada, "Who are the most powerful kings in the world"
- He (Yudhisthira) invited the most expert brahmanas & sages, as follows: Vamadeva, Sumati, Jaimini, Kratu, Paila, Parasara, Garga, Vaisampayana, Atharva, Kasyapa, Dhaumya, Parasurama, Sukracarya, Asuri, Vitihotra, Madhucchanda, Virasena and Akrtavrana
- He received Garga Muni with the feeling of one who is worshiping the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He offered him a nice sitting place, and when he sat down, Nanda Maharaja offered him a warm reception
- In the Brhad-aranyaka Upanisad, Yajnavalkya says to Gargi, the daughter of Garga Muni: "Even the sun, the moon and other controllers and demigods like Lord Brahma and King Indra are all under His (the Supreme Personality of Godhead's) control"
- In the Brhad-aranyaka Upanisad, Yajnavalkya says to Gargi, the daughter of Garga Muni: "My dear Gargi, everything is under the control of the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- It is said that the King of the Yavanas, known as Kalayavana, was induced to attack by Narada. This story is narrated in the Visnu Purana. Once, Garga Muni, the priest of the Yadu dynasty, was taunted by his brother-in-law
- Nanda Maharaja addressed Garga Muni as one of the great authorities in astrological science
- Nanda Maharaja also addressed Garga Muni as “the best of the brahmanas.” A brahmana is one who is expert in the knowledge of the Supreme. Without knowledge of the Supreme Absolute, one cannot be recognized as a brahmana
- Nanda Maharaja said, "We belong to the twice-born caste, and I am taking this opportunity of your presence. So please perform the name-giving ceremony without external pomp"
- Nanda Maharaja said: Your (Gargamuni's) coming to our house is to give us some enlightenment about spiritual life. You have no other purpose in visiting householders
- Nanda Maharaja took advantage of the opportunity of Gargamuni's presence by requesting him to perform the necessary reformatory activities for his sons to guide Them toward the destination of life
- Nanda Maharaja wanted to keep the name-giving ceremony a secret and yet take advantage of Garga Muni’s performing the ceremony
- O my lord, O great devotee, persons like you (Gargamuni) move from one place to another not for their own interests but for the sake of poor-hearted grhasthas (householders). Otherwise they have no interest in going from one place to another
- On hearing the praises of the cowherd men in Vrndavana, King Nanda said, "My dear friends, in reply to you I can simply present the statement of Garga Muni so that your doubts may be cleared"
- On hearing the words of Garga Muni, Nanda Maharaja said, "If there is such danger, then it is better not to plan any gorgeous name-giving ceremony. It would be better for you to simply chant the Vedic hymns and perform the purificatory process"
- The brahmana is considered to be the spiritual master or priest for the ksatriya and vaisya. Nanda Maharaja happened to be a vaisya, and he accepted Garga Muni as a first-class brahmana
- The words of persons in full knowledge of Brahman never become untrue. It is very wonderful that whatever Gargamuni predicted we are now actually experiencing in all detail
- This type of symptom (smoky condition) was experienced by Priest Gargamuni, who was performing some ritualistic ceremony in the house of Nanda Maharaj
- When Garga Muni arrived at the home of Nanda Maharaja, Nanda Maharaja was very much pleased to see him and immediately stood up with folded hands and offered his respectful obeisances
- When Garga Muni was so eagerly requested by Nanda Maharaja, he performed the name-giving ceremony as secretly as possible in the cowshed of Nanda Maharaja
- When the kings of the Yadu dynasty heard the taunt they laughed at him, and Garga Muni became angry at the Yadu kings. He decided that he would produce someone who would be very fearful to the Yadu dynasty