Questions On... Devotee Standards, Etiquette
Pages in category "Questions On... Devotee Standards, Etiquette"
The following 85 pages are in this category, out of 85 total.
- Back to the temple we'll be performing aratik to Your Divine Grace. And there was not very much time. I was wondering whether during the time we're performing aratik to you, whether it's proper to be giving out cookies to the children?
- But a Vaisnava would always offer his respects to a sannyasi. Is that not true?
- But if we tried to do that, wouldn't it be sort of artificial (they go in the village for begging little food, that's all. Just like you can live in this forest. And what you will eat? Two capati. So you can go and beg. That's all)?
- Daily how many times you'll utter the names of Lord Krsna?
- Do you agree with that, Prabhupada? Isn't it? Prabhupada, Prabhupada? Do you agree with that, though, that it was not necessary to, say chant continually out in a doctor's surgery or...?
- Do you specifically have a precept against telling a lie, or against hypocrisy?
- Do you watch TV yourself?
- Does it matter how long it might take you? Can you become first-class men soon, within five years?
- Does that mean a serious devotee should only pass stool once a day?
- Don't you think that the blame should not be, usually be laid on the Africans but on the whole...? The brahmanas who comes from our overseas temples here, it's their responsibility to see that the Africans follow properly
- During the aratiks here at the temple where should the women be standing?
- How are the boys and girls to learn these things in manners of decorum and manners from the sannyasis, for example. How are they to offer respects to their godbrothers?
- How does Vaisnava act? What are his...?
- How many full aratis should we perform, Srila Prabhupada?
- How much or how little brahmacaris should associate with the unmarried brahmacarinis in the temple?
- How to act when there is a choice of either attending Aratrik ceremony without bathing first or bathing and thus missing attendance at the Aratrik ceremony?
- How to offer respects to Sannyasis?
- How would I recognize a true follower of the Krsna consciousness movement by his behavior? What would his traits be? What would his outward expressions be?
- I also wanted to ask a question, Srila Prabhupada, on dancing in the temple room during arati, especially mangala-arati. Is it not that the devotees should not turn their back while dancing to the Deity?
- I heard that if you pass stool more than once a day you become a bhogi? You are called a bhogi?
- I understand you sleep very little. You sleep three to four hours a night. Do you feel that this is what any person who is spiritually actualized will also realize?
- I was always under impression or understanding from your teachings, that one never eats in front of the Deities. Can you please explain that?
- I would like to know if it is all right to play the Battle of Kuruksetra?
- If a devotee step on the ant, does the ant receive some benefit?... If a devotee step on a ant by mistake, the ant...?
- If chanting means out loud, how can you do it all day while you're working in so many different situations? How can you chant out loud?
- If he was unable to chant or to become a full-time devotee, that your program for a person in that condition of life, was something like… become a member and take books and read... Is that satisfactory, if they can do that much
- If one serves the higher devotees and shows compassion to less advanced devotees, then where is the question... for a position of an advanced devotee who is feeling himself to be the lowest? So is that distinction still there of higher and lower?
- If Prahlada Maharaja is such a great devotee, and a devotee will always say, "Nothing is mine," then why does he say, "O my God"? Why does God become his?
- If someone cannot chant sixteen rounds a day...?
- If we see a group of demons fighting, killing each other, should devotees go and try to stop them from killing each other?
- If we're performing devotional service and an insect is in the way, like if you're painting the walls and you find this ant and you must paint this wall to please the spiritual master, what is the attitude?
- In Mayapur is a devotee free to, for example, enjoy the, all the scenery without...?
- Is a Vaisnava, is he willing to maintain his body for the service of Lord Krsna even if he has to break regulative principles - if it is necessary?
- Is it possible to talk and also to chant the mantra at the same time?
- Is that buddhi (dadami buddhi-yogam tam), that intelligence manifested in some way, in his service, or in his thinking?
- Is the result of our inquiry to change the external environment?
- It appears that Schopenhauer recommends about eight hours of sleep a night, and Krsna says not too much or too little. But what is recommended in terms of sleep, just concretely?
- She's asking why is three to four hours the amount that you sleep. How have you reached that standard?
- Should a disciple go to his spiritual master directly to offer the respects at least three times, or offer them where he is?
- Should we not be respectful to maya as the energy of Krsna?
- Small black beads that the devotees are wearing from Radha-kunda. They have a string of beads made of clay from Radha-kunda Are they...? .... So it's all right to wear them?
- So far as your question about arranging time...
- So far as your question about controversy amongst the disciples of Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Goswami Maharaja
- So I should not respond (mother's letter)?
- So is this (separate quarters in the apartment and the husband would not see his wife during the day) the standard we should develop in our movement?
- So one who has surrendered, what is his thinking and acting, how he lives in the world?
- So that should be standard (chanting 25 rounds) for our movement on ekadasi day?
- So the saintly person tends to overlook the bad qualities and see the good ones?
- So when someone has integrity, you can see that they are one-minded?
- Srila Prabhupada, is it for the advanced devotees...?
- Srila Prabhupada, should we call all the women "mother"?
- Swamiji? You said that if you eat too much you will pay. But how about the devotee? How about when they eat too much prasada?
- Well, what I was interested in is why is it necessary to live in such lavish situation as is shown here?
- What about writing down "kissing the lips of Krsna"?
- What are the specifications for your first-class man?
- What do you expect from your disciple, basic thing?
- What does that expert mean in the list of qualifications for a devotee?
- What does that mean, equal vision ("the humble sage, by virtue of true knowledge, sees with equal vision the learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater (outcaste)")?
- What situation did they do that (devotees fighting)?
- When one is surrendering to Krsna, how does he discriminate between being tactful and, on the one hand, and, on the other hand, compromising in his speech?
- When you address a woman do you use the word "Mataji"? Is that the right, proper word for her?
- Why do we prefer pada and not the head or the hands? What is the rationale?
- Why that (we have chosen this sixteen as a number to chant the rounds) sixteen minimum?
- Why the Jesus says you offer the other cheek? Which is better? Is the choice of us to be violent or nonviolent?
- You are not escapists?
- You can't read or talk to someone (while chanting)?
- You have asked about Gaura Nitai deity worship by the householders in Los Angeles. That is for those who live far away from the temple and cannot attend
- You have asked me how many hours you should work?
- Your question about not chanting while attending class...