Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
- ► Caitanya and Mukunda (20 P)
- ► God As Mukunda (13 P)
- ► Krsna and Mukunda (3 P)
- ► Krsna As Mukunda (1 C, 34 P)
- ► Mukunda-mala-stotra (2 C, 12 P)
Pages in category "Mukunda"
The following 53 pages are in this category, out of 53 total.
- A similar statement was given by Kuntidevi to Akrura: "My dear brother Akrura, my nephew Mukunda is long absent from us
- According to Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 10.47.61): Uddhava said - Let me become one of Vrndavana’s herbs and plants that are trampled by the gopis, who gave up all connections with family and friends and decided to worship the lotus feet of Mukunda
- After accepting the renounced order of life, Caitanya converted pasandis (nondevotees) like Jagai and Madhai, and adhama paduyas (degraded students) like Mukunda & his friends. All of them gradually became devotees of the Lord, even the Pathans (Muslims)
- After accepting the sannyasa order, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu decided to go to Vrndavana and engage Himself wholly and solely in the service of Mukunda in a solitary place
- After much hard labor, a person highly learned in Vedic literature certainly becomes very famous. However, one who is always hearing and chanting the glories of the lotus feet of Mukunda within his heart is certainly superior - SB 3.13.4
- All glories to the Personality of Godhead, the hue of whose soft body resembles the blackish color of a new cloud! All glories to Lord Mukunda, who removes the burdens of the earth
- All the Vaisnava associates of the Lord were present, including Nityananda Prabhu, Haridasa Thakura, Srivasa Thakura, Gadadhara Pandita, Mukunda, Jagadananda, Murari and Vakresvara
- Among Lord Nityananda's devotees, Nakadi was the thirty-seventh, Mukunda the thirty-eighth, Surya the thirty-ninth, Madhava the fortieth, Sridhara the forty-first, Ramananda the forty-second, Jagannatha the forty-third and Mahidhara the forty-fourth
- Among the devotees of Lord Nityananda Prabhu, Pitambara was the sixty-fourth, Madhavacarya the sixty-fifth, Damodara dasa the sixty-sixth, Sankara the sixty-seventh, Mukunda the sixty-eighth, Jnana dasa the sixty-ninth and Manohara the seventieth
- For the time being, Hansadutta is going and Mukunda is there and you are also there. See if the Worldwide Sankirtan Party can be organized without Vishnujana
- Fortunately a copy of the manuscript of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta had been kept by a person named Mukunda, and therefore later it was possible to publish the book
- I have heard of the report of your stealing from the temples, and Mukunda has requested that you do not go back there. Therefore I recommend as the best thing that you make a fresh start and stay here in India where there is such a great need
- I understand you are now at the Bhaktivedanta Manor assisting Mukunda in strictly following the parampara and encouraging all the devotees in that direction
- If a demigod, demon, human being, Yaksa, Gandharva or anyone within this universe renders service to the lotus feet of Mukunda, who can deliver liberation, he is actually situated in the most auspicious condition of life, exactly like us
- In Radhadesa, the part of Bengal where the Ganges is not visible, Nityananda Prabhu, Gangadasa Pandita, Murari Gupta and Mukunda took birth
- In the previous verse (SB 2.1.10), the great necessity for attaining attachment to Mukunda has been accredited. There are different types of persons who desire to attain success in different varieties of pursuits
- In the third group, Mukunda was appointed the chief singer. This party was composed of Vasudeva, Gopinatha, Murari, Srikanta and Vallabha Sena. The senior Haridasa (Haridasa Thakura) was the dancer
- In this (CC Madhya 3.8) connection, Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura says that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted the sannyasa order and recommended the determination of the Avantipura bhiksu to engage in the service of Mukunda
- In this way, after full deliberation, the goddess of fortune accepted Mukunda as her husband because although He is independent and not in want of her, He possesses all transcendental qualities and mystic powers and is therefore the most desirable
- In those tracts of land there are seven mountains - Svarasa, Satasrnga, Vamadeva, Kunda, Mukunda, Puspa-varsa and Sahasra-sruti. There are also seven rivers - Anumati, Sinivali, Sarasvati, Kuhu, Rajani, Nanda and Raka. They are still existing
- Maharaja Yudhisthira was fixed in the service of the Lord Mukunda (the Lord, who can award salvation), and he had no attraction even for such comforts of life as are available in the kingdom of heaven
- Mukunda Datta told Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "My Lord, You should go ahead and allow all the others to follow. We shall not go with You"
- Mukunda, Narahari, Raghunandana and all the others came from Khanda to Advaita Acarya's home to accompany Him to Jagannatha Puri
- Narada Muni recommends another method for controlling the senses in the transcendental loving service of Mukunda, the Personality of Godhead
- Narada said, "My dear Mukunda, although You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the all-powerful person, by making friendship with You the Pandavas have become bereft of their legitimate right to the kingdom of the world"
- O Lord Mukunda! I (King Kulasekhara) bow down my head to Your Lordship and respectfully ask You to fulfill this one desire of mine: that in each of my future births I will, by Your Lordship's mercy, always remember and never forget Your lotus feet
- One can avoid her (Maya) ways simply by always remembering the lotus feet of the Lord. King Kulasekhara prays for this facility from Mukunda, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- One devotee said, "My dear Mukunda, I cannot properly express the glories of Your pastimes. Even when the nondevotees hear of Your glorious pastimes they become affected and shed tears and start to tremble"
- One must approach a bona fide spiritual master in order to understand the transcendental message of the Vedas. That is the direction of the Mundaka Upanisad (1.2.12)
- Radharani's friend said, "I think it may be granted that this person is the same enchanting Personality of Godhead by whose flute vibration the three worlds are captivated. He must be the same Mukunda who is standing before Govardhan Hill"
- Regarding World Samkirtan Party: now the best of my students interested in Samkirtana; namely Mukunda, Tamal, and yourself, are now in Europe
- Some of the best students like you, Tamala, Mukunda, Syamasundara., and Jaya Govinda, are all now in Europe. Now you form a strong party for opening centers as well as organizing the World Sankirtana Party
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then informed all His devotees, "Please hear about Mukunda's love of Godhead. It is a very deep and pure love and can only be compared to purified gold"
- Sri Khandavasi Mukunda and his son Raghunandana were the thirty-ninth branch of the tree, Narahari was the fortieth, Ciranjiva the forty-first and Sulocana the forty-second
- Srivasa, Ramai, Vidyanidhi, Gadadhara, Gangadasa, Vakresvara, Murari, Suklambara, Buddhimanta Khan, Nandana, Sridhara, Vijaya, Vasudeva, Damodara, Mukunda, Sanjaya and all the others, however many I can mention - arrived there
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: My dear King, the Supreme Person, Mukunda, is actually the maintainer of all the members of the Pandava and Yadu dynasties. He is your spiritual master, worshipable Deity, friend, and the director of your activities
- The acarya Sankararanya was considered the forty-eighth branch of the original tree. From Him proceeded the subbranches known as Mukunda, Kasinatha and Rudra
- The conclusion is that the sannyasa order depends not on the dress but the determination to serve Mukunda
- The devotee said, "My dear Mukunda, just after seeing Your face full with the flavor of the lotus flower, and being attracted by the moonlight of Your face"
- The fifty-eighth great devotee of Lord Nityananda Prabhu was Kamsari Sena, the fifty-ninth was Ramasena, the sixtieth was Ramacandra Kaviraja, and the sixty-first, sixty-second and sixty-third were Govinda, Sriranga and Mukunda, who were all physicians
- The great sage Maitreya continued: My dear Vidura, persons like you, who are pure devotees of the lotus feet of Mukunda and who are always attached to the honey of His lotus feet, are always satisfied in serving at the lotus feet of the Lord
- The grhamedhi, however, who is overly addicted to material things, does not know that if he simply takes shelter at the lotus feet of Mukunda, he is immediately freed from all obligations to others
- The sannyasi dress is actually an attraction for material formality. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not like such formality, but He wanted the essence of it - service to Mukunda. Such determination in any condition is paratma-nistha. That is required
- The substance is the lotus feet of Mukunda, and King Kulasekhara, being a most intelligent devotee, prays to gain that substance and not the shadow
- They (Mayavadis) are unable to understand the purport of tridanda-sannyasa, and as such they are not inclined to dedicate their lives to the service of Mukunda
- We cannot destroy family. But on one condition we can become free from all this obligation. What is that? Gatah sarabyam parihrtya kartum. Saranyam. Mukunda-caranam. One who has dedicated his life simply to serve Mukunda
- When Mukunda was called for, he submitted, "My dear sir, I have something to do that is not yet finished. Later I shall accept the prasadam, so You two Prabhus should now please enter the room"
- Whether in demigod society, asura society, human society or Gandharva society, every living entity should take shelter of the lotus feet of Mukunda and thus become perfect in good fortune