Yajna - a Lila avatara
- Yajña the Personality of Godhead
Pages in category "Yajna - a Lila avatara"
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total.
- During that time (of Svayambhuva Manu), the incarnation of the Lord as Yajna took charge of ruling the heavenly planets. The next Manu was Svarocisa
- During the life of Svayambhuva Manu, Yajna became the leader of the demigods, Indra
- During the time of Svayambhuva Manu, these sons all became the demigods collectively named the Tusitas. Marici became the head of the seven rsis, and Yajna became the king of the demigods, Indra
- If one does not act for the satisfaction of Krsna, who is known as Visnu or Yajna, he must be entangled in the reactions of fruitive activities. These reactions are called papa and punya - sinful and pious
- In the Svayambhuva-manvantara, the avatara is named Yajna. In the Svarocisa-manvantara, he is named Vibhu. In the Auttama-manvantara, He is named Satyasena, and in the Tamasa-manvantara, He is named Hari
- The avataras associated with the reign of each Manu, known as manvantara-avataras, are listed as follows in Srimad-Bhagavatam (Eighth Canto, chapters 1, 5 and 13): (1) Yajna, (2) Vibhu, (3) Satyasena, (4) Hari, (5) Vaikuntha, (6) Ajita, (7) Vamana
- The first Manu was Svayambhuva Manu. His two daughters, namely Akuti and Devahuti, gave birth to two sons, named Yajna and Kapila respectively
- The twelve boys born of Yajna and Daksina were named Tosa, Pratosa, Santosa, Bhadra, Santi, Idaspati, Idhma, Kavi, Vibhu, Svahna, Sudeva and Rocana
- There (in the Laghu-bhagavatamrta) is also a description of twenty-five lila-avataras, namely Catuhsana (the Kumaras), Narada, Varaha, Matsya, Yajna, Nara-narayana Rsi, Kapila, Dattatreya, Hayagriva, Hamsa, Prsnigarbha, Rsabha, Prthu, Nrsimha, Kurma
- There are also lila-avataras, and these include (1) Catuhsana, or the four Kumaras, (2) Narada, (3) Varaha, (4) Matsya, (5) Yajna, (6) Nara-Narayana, (7) Kardami Kapila, (8) Dattatreya, (9) Hayasirsa, (10) Hamsa, (11) Dhruvapriya, or Prsnigarbha
- These twenty-five Personalities of Godhead (Catuhsana, Narada, Varaha, Matsya, Yajna, Nara-Narayana etc.) are known as lila-avataras. Because they appear in each day of Brahma, or in each kalpa (millennium), they are sometimes known as kalpa-avataras