"external potency"|"external potencies"|"potency, external"|"potency. External"|"external, or material, potency"|"external energy, or potency"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "External Potency"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total.
- Although all three potencies - namely internal, external and marginal - are essentially one in the ultimate issue, they are different in action, like electric energy, which can produce both cold and heat under different conditions
- Although His (Krsna) energies are innumerable, they can be divided into three principal categories: the internal potency, the marginal potency and the external potency
- In other words, these are all potencies of God - internal, external and marginal. But the internal potency is the Lord's personal energy and stands over the other two
- In the Bhagavad-gita, the Lord says that He appears by His internal potency, which is free from the bondage of the external potency. What is bondage for the ordinary creature is freedom for the Personality of Godhead
- In the material world, the external potency can act only after one endeavors at great length, but when the Supreme Lord desires, everything is performed automatically by the internal potency
- On account of the variegatedness of the external potency, there are manifestations of many qualitative demigods, beginning with Brahma and Lord Siva, and people are attracted to these demigods according to their own material quality
- One who has a poor fund of knowledge cannot understand this distinction between the external and internal potencies. In Bhagavad-gita, the internal potency is described as the para prakrti
- One who practices resisting these demands or urges is called tapasvi, or one who practices austerities. By such tapasya one can overcome victimization by the material energy, the external potency of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Since the spiritual world is a manifestation of the Lord's internal energy, the living beings within that internal potency are qualitatively one with the Lord without contamination from the external potency
- Sri Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura also comments that since Sati is the superintendent deity of the external potency, when she quit her body she did not get a spiritual body but simply transferred from the body she had received from Daksa
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is a narration dealing with the svarupa (form) of the Lord, which is manifested by His internal potency. This potency is distinguished from the external potency, which has manifested the cosmic world within our experience
- Such influence manifests the three qualitative modes of material nature, proving definitely that the living entities, the marginal potency, are eternally servitors of the Lord and are therefore controlled by either the internal or the external potency
- The conditioned soul is the marginal potency overpowered by the external potency. However, when the marginal potency comes under the influence of the spiritual potency, it becomes eligible for love of Godhead
- The existential sandhini-sakti in the external potency similarly expands all the variegatedness of the material cosmos, from which we can have a glimpse of the spiritual field
- The external and marginal potencies are so called under various conditions, but in the original, internal potencies there are no such conditions, nor is it possible for the conditions of the external potency to exist in the marginal, or vice versa
- The external potency is not exactly manifested by Him, for He expands Himself as the purusas, and it is in these forms that He maintains the features of the material manifestation
- The external potency manifests this material world, the internal potency manifests the spiritual world, and the marginal potency manifests the living entities, who are mixtures of internal and external
- The external potency, maya, who is of the nature of the shadow of the cit (spiritual) potency, is worshiped by all people as Durga, the creating, preserving and destroying agency of this mundane world
- The living entities constitute the marginal potency, and they are situated between the internal and external Potencies
- The Lord lay down for four thousand yuga cycles in His internal potency, and by His external energy He appeared to be sleeping within the water
- The parts and parcels of the internal potency which react in contact with the external potency are called the marginal potency, or the living entities
- We have wide experience of the external, or material, potency, but we generally fail to inquire about the actions and reactions of the other two potencies
- When the mode of passion is mixed with the mode of ignorance, one worships Durga, or Kali, the external potency
- When the potencies of spiritual pleasure and knowledge are both bestowed upon the conditioned souls, the conditioned souls can escape the clutches of the external potency
- When the potencies of spiritual pleasure and knowledge are both bestowed upon the conditioned souls, the conditioned souls can escape the clutches of the external potency, maya, which acts as a cover obscuring one's spiritual identity