Principles of the Srimad-Bhagavatam
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Principles of the Srimad-Bhagavatam"
The following 19 pages are in this category, out of 19 total.
- An example of rising to the stage of ecstatic love by executing the regulative principles of devotional service is given in the life story of Narada, which is described to Vyasadeva in the Srimad-Bhagavatam
- As a matter of principle, devotees should read, speak and hear Srimad-Bhagavatam persistently, twenty-four hours daily if possible. That is the recommendation of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- In pursuance of the cult of Love of Godhead as propounded by Lord Caitanya 500 years before, I have come to America to preach the same cultural mission on the principles of the Bhagavad-gita and the Srimad-Bhagavatam
- It is not possible for everyone to become immediately self-realized like Jada Bharata. However, as stated in Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 1.2.18): By spreading the Bhagavata principles, we can raise human society to the platform of perfection
- It propounds the highest principle of eternal religion, which can factually mitigate the threefold miseries of a living being and award the highest benediction of full prosperity and knowledge
- That is the way of correcting the flaws of human society (the preaching of the Bhagavatam principles), which are very prominently exhibited at the present moment
- The followers of these acaryas, down to the present day, have written many books following the principles of Srimad-Bhagavatam and accepting it as the natural commentary on the Vedanta
- The most defective part of worshiping demigods is that it creates a definite conception of pantheism, ending disastrously in many religious sects detrimental to the progress of the principles of the Bhagavatam
- There is also the Bhagavad-gita, which was spoken by the Lord Himself and recorded by Vyasadeva. These are the most important revealed scriptures, and any commentary that contradicts the principles of the Bhagavad-gita or Srimad-Bhagavatam is unauthorized
- These principles of vaidhi-bhakti are also described in the Srimad-Bhagavatam, Second Canto, 1st Chapter, verse 35, where Sukadeva Gosvami instructs the dying Maharaj Pariksit as to his course of action
- They (the citizens of the state) should preach the principles of Bhagavatam by (a) karma-yoga, or doing everything for the satisfaction of the Lord, (b) regular hearing of the Srimad-Bhagavatam from authorized persons or realized souls
- They (the citizens of the state) should preach the principles of Bhagavatam by (c) chanting the glories of the Lord congregationally at home or at places of worship, (d) rendering all kinds of service to bhagavatas engaged in preaching Srimad-Bhagavatam
- This is one's eternal relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Now please hear about the execution of devotional service. This principle pervades each and every verse of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- To end this anomaly of a godless civilization, we must follow the principles of revealed scriptures like the Srimad-Bhagavatam and follow the instruction of a person like Sri Sukadeva Gosvami who has no attraction for material gain