Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"Gadadhara Pandita"|"Gadadhara Prabhu"|"Pandita Gosvami"
- Gadādhara Paṇḍita Gosvāmī
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Caitanya and Gadadhara Pandita (56 P)
Pages in category "Gadadhara Pandita"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.
- Acaryaratna, Acaryanidhi, Srivasa Thakura, Gadadhara Pandita, Sankara, Nandanacarya, Raghava Pandita and Vakresvara were also present
- Acaryaratna, Vakresvara Pandita, Acaryanidhi and Gadadhara Pandita were all very pleased to hear this news
- According to Sri Narahari dasa, during the last days of his life Acyutananda stayed in his house at Santipura, but during the presence of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu he lived at Jagannatha Puri with Gadadhara Pandita
- Advaita Acarya, Lord Nityananda, Srivasa Pandita, Gadadhara Pandita, Svarupa Damodara, Murari Gupta, Haridasa Thakura and all the other devotees of Sri Krsna Caitanya - bowing down with devotion, I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja) hold their lotus feet on my head
- After describing the branches and subbranches of Advaita Acarya, I shall now attempt to describe some of the descendants of Sri Gadadhara Pandita, the most important among the branches
- After the demise of Sri Gadadhara Pandita, Mamu Thakura became the priest in charge of the temple known as Tota-gopinatha, in Jagannatha Puri
- All glories to Gadadhara Prabhu! All glories to Srivasa Thakura! All glories to Mukunda Prabhu and Vasudeva Prabhu! All glories to Haridasa Thakura
- All the Vaisnava associates of the Lord were present, including Nityananda Prabhu, Haridasa Thakura, Srivasa Thakura, Gadadhara Pandita, Mukunda, Jagadananda, Murari and Vakresvara
- Although he (Ananta Acarya) was among Advaita Acarya's followers, he later became an important devotee of Gadadhara Gosvami
- Ananta Acarya was a disciple of Gadadhara Pandita. His body was always absorbed in love of Godhead. He was magnanimous and advanced in all respects
- Another duel took place between Srivasa Thakura and Gadadhara Pandita, and yet another between Raghava Pandita and Vakresvara Pandita. Thus they all engaged in throwing water
- As His associate Nityananda, He is the first expansion of God; as Advaita, He is an incarnation; as Gadadhara, He is the internal potency; and as Srivasa, He is the marginal living entity in the role of a devotee
- Gadadhara Pandita is simultaneously an incarnation of Srimati Radharani and Lalita-sakhi
- Gadadhara Pandita said, "Wherever You stay is Vrndavana, as well as the river Yamuna, the river Ganges and all other places of pilgrimage"
- Gadadhara Pandita, the fourth branch, is described as an incarnation of the pleasure potency of Sri Krsna
- Gadadhara Pandita, the fourth branch, is described as an incarnation of the pleasure potency of Sri Krsna. No one, therefore, can equal him
- Gauranga means with all this paraphernalia. As soon as we speak of gauranga, we should mean the five: Lord Nityananda, Advaita, Gadadhara, and Srivasa. All together
- I have already described Caitanya's deliverance of the Mayavadi sannyasis in the Seventh Chapter of the Adi-lila, when I described the glories of the Panca-tattva - Sri Caitanya, Sri Nityananda Prabhu, Advaita Prabhu, Gadadhara Prabhu and Srivasa
- I left Gadadhara Pandita here, and he became very unhappy. For this reason I could not go to Vrndavana
- I offer my respectful obeisances unto Advaita Prabhu, the ocean of mercy, and to all the devotees, such as Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, Gadadhara Pandita, Sri Rupa Gosvami and Sri Sanatana Gosvami
- I offer my respectful obeisances unto the internal potencies of the Lord, of whom Sri Gadadhara Prabhu is the foremost
- If you want My happiness, please return to Nilacala. You will simply condemn Me if you say any more about this matter
- In his Anubhasya Sri Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Prabhupada says that Bhagavata Acarya was formerly among the followers of Advaita Acarya but was later counted among the followers of Gadadhara Pandita
- In this way Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya revived Gadadhara Pandita. Then both of them, very much grief-stricken, returned to Jagannatha Puri, Nilacala
- It was by Mukunda Datta's endeavor that Gadadhara Pandita Gosvami became a disciple of Pundarika Vidyanidhi
- No one can say how merciful the Lord is to Gadadhara Pandita, but people know the Lord as Gadaira Gauranga, "the Lord Gauranga of Gadadhara Pandita"
- No one can understand the loving intimacy between Gadadhara Pandita and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Gadadhara Pandita gave up his vow and service to Gopinatha just as one gives up a piece of straw
- Simply by remembering the names of all these branches and subbranches of the three trunks I have described (Nityananda, Advaita and Gadadhara), one attains freedom from the entanglement of material existence
- Sivananda Cakravarti, the thirty-third branch, who always lived in Vrndavana with firm conviction, is considered an important branch of Gadadhara Pandita
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ordered Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya to take Gadadhara Pandita with him. The Bhattacarya told Gadadhara Pandita, "Get up! Such are the pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- Sri Haridasa Pandita was a disciple of Sri Ananta Acarya, who was a disciple of Gadadhara Pandita
- Sri Pundarika Vidyanidhi, Sri Haridasa Thakura, Srivasa Pandita, Sivananda Sena, Sri Ramananda Raya, Sri Sikhi Mahiti, Sri Madhavidevi and Sri Gadadhara Pandita Gosvami never visited Vrndavana-dhama
- Sri-krsna-caitanya prabhu-nityananda sri-advaita gadadhara srivasadi-gaura-bhakta-vrnda means Krsna complete. Just like when we speak of a king, "king'' does not mean king is alone
- Srivasa represents the pure devotee, and Gadadhara represents the internal energy of the Lord for the advancement of pure devotion
- Taking this opportunity, Gadadhara Pandita said, "Just now the four months of the rainy season have begun. You should therefore spend the next four months in Jagannatha Puri"
- The chief branches of Sri Gadadhara Pandita were (1) Sri Dhruvananda, (2) Sridhara Brahmacari, (3) Haridasa Brahmacari and (4) Bhagavata Acarya
- The devotees headed by Gadadhara Pandita are to be considered incarnations of the internal potency of the Lord. They are confidential devotees engaged in the service of the Lord
- The eleventh branch of Gadadhara Gosvami was Bhugarbha Gosani, and the twelfth was Bhagavata dasa. Both of them went to Vrndavana and resided there for life
- The fifth branch (of Sri Gadadhara Pandita) was Ananta Acarya; the sixth, Kavi Datta; the seventh, Nayana Misra; the eighth, Gangamantri; the ninth, Mamu Thakura; and the tenth, Kanthabharana
- The nineteenth branch (of Gadadhara Pandita) was Sri Hari Acarya; the twentieth, Sadipuriya Gopala; the twenty-first, Krsnadasa Brahmacari; and the twenty-second, Puspagopala
- The Pandita replied, "Do not worry. All the faults will be on my head. I shall not accompany You but shall go alone"
- The three predominators (Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Nityananda Prabhu and Advaita Prabhu) are worshipable by all living entities, and the fourth principle (Sri Gadadhara Prabhu) is to be understood as Their worshiper
- Thus I have briefly described the branches and subbranches of Gadadhara Pandita. There are still many more that I have not mentioned here
- When he was requested to return to Jagannatha Puri, Gadadhara Pandita told the Lord, "Wherever You are staying is Jagannatha Puri. Let my so-called ksetra-sannyasa go to hell"
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked Gadadhara Pandita to remain at Jagannatha Puri and engage in Gopinatha's service, Gadadhara Pandita replied, "One renders service to Gopinatha a million times simply by seeing Your lotus feet"
- Yamesvara is on the southwest side of the Jagannatha temple. Gadadhara Pandita resided there, and there was a small garden and a sandy beach known as Yamesvara-tota
- You have abandoned Gopinatha's service and broken your vow to live in Puri. All that is now complete because you have come so far
- You should know that Lord Krsna Himself violated His own promise just to keep the promise of Grandfather Bhisma
- Your wanting to go with Me is simply a desire for sense gratification. In this way, you are breaking two religious principles, and because of this I am very unhappy