Category:Caitanya and Gadadhara Pandita
Pages in category "Caitanya and Gadadhara Pandita"
The following 57 pages are in this category, out of 57 total.
- Acaryaratna, Acaryanidhi, Gadadhara Pandita, Jagadananda, Damodara, Sankara, Vakresvara, Kasisvara, Mukunda, Vasudeva, Murari and many other devotees have descended in Bengal to preach to everyone the glories of the holy name of Krsna
- After saying this, Gadadhara Pandita went to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and fell down crying at the lotus feet of the Lord
- All glories to the master of Srinivasa Thakura! All glories to the master of Haridasa Thakura! All glories to the dear master of Gadadhara Pandita! All glories to the master of the life of Svarupa Damodara
- All the followers of Gadadhara Pandita are considered great devotees because they have Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as their life and soul
- Although Gadadhara Pandita Gosani did not want to hear it, Vallabha Bhatta began to read his explanation with great force
- Although Gadadhara Pandita Gosani was not in the least at fault, some of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's devotees showed affectionate anger toward him
- Among His associates, Caitanya enjoyed paternal loving affection from Paramananda Puri, friendly affection with Ramananda Raya, unalloyed service from Govinda and others, and humors of conjugal love with Gadadhara, Jagadananda and Svarupa Damodara
- Among the other devotees were Gadadhara, Jagadananda, Sankara, Vakresvara, Damodara Pandita, Thakura Haridasa, Raghunatha Vaidya and Raghunatha dasa
- Another day, Gadadhara Pandita invited Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to dinner. The Lord took prasadam at his home with His personal associates
- Approaching him with great humility, Vallabha Bhatta said, "I have taken shelter of you, my dear sir. Kindly be merciful to me and save my life"
- Ashamed, insulted and unhappy, Vallabha Bhatta went to Gadadhara Pandita
- Even on a day when Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was invited to dine by others, if Gadadhara Pandita, Bhagavan Acarya or Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya invited Him, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had no independence. He would accept their invitations as they desired
- Every month Gadadhara Pandita and Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya had fixed dates on which Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would accept their invitations
- Gadadhara Pandita also came and met the Lord. Then, before all the devotees, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began to speak as follows
- Gadadhara Pandita Gosani said: "Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is present in everyone's heart, and He will certainly know my mind. Therefore I do not fear Him. His associates, however, are extremely critical"
- Gadadhara Pandita invited Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to dinner. The Lord took prasadam at his home with His personal associates
- Gadadhara Pandita is celebrated all over the world for his gentle behavior, his brahminical attributes and his steady love for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Gadadhara Pandita said, "Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is completely independent. He is the topmost omniscient personality. It would not look well for me to talk to Him as if I were His equal"
- Gadadhara Pandita's behavior was very pleasing to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's heart. Nevertheless, the Lord took his hand and spoke to him, displaying the anger of love
- Gadadhara Pandita's pure ecstatic love for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was also very deep. It was like that of Rukminidevi, who was always especially submissive to Krsna
- I am completely dependent. My Lord is Gauracandra, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. I cannot do anything independently, without His order
- I can tolerate whatever He says, bearing it upon my head. He will automatically be merciful to me after considering my faults and attributes
- I wanted to agitate you, the Lord said, "but you did not become agitated. Indeed, you could not say anything in anger. Instead, you tolerated everything"
- In the association of Gadadhara Pandita, his mind was converted, and he dedicated his mind to worshiping Kisora-gopala, Krsna as a young boy
- In the shape of Laksmi, the pleasure potency of Krsna, she was formerly very dear to the Lord as Syamasundara-vallabha. The same Syamasundara-vallabha is now present in Lord Caitanya's pastimes as Gadadhara Pandita
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sometimes desired to see Gadadhara Pandita's affectionate anger, but because of his knowledge of the Lord's opulences, his anger was never invoked
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then again and again embraced all the devotees, including Acaryaratna, Vidyanidhi, Pandita Gadadhara, Gangadasa, Hari Bhatta and Acarya Purandara
- No one can describe the characteristics and ecstatic love of Gadadhara Pandita. Therefore another name for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Gadadhara-prananatha, "the life and soul of Gadadhara Pandita"
- No one can understand the loving intimacy between Gadadhara Pandita and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Gadadhara Pandita gave up his vow and service to Gopinatha just as one gives up a piece of straw
- No ordinary human being can possibly describe Gadadhara Pandita's affectionate presentation of food or Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's tasting this food
- Saying this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu got into a boat, and Gadadhara Pandita immediately fell down unconscious
- Seven devotees - Advaita, Nityananda, Haridasa Thakura, Vakresvara, Srivasa Thakura, Raghava Pandita and Gadadhara Pandita - formed seven groups and began dancing. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, chanting "Haribol!" wandered from one group to another
- Some days passed, and when Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, finally pleased with Vallabha Bhatta, accepted his invitation, the Lord sent Svarupa Damodara, Jagadananda Pandita and Govinda to call for Gadadhara Pandita
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then said, "If you abandon His service, it will be My fault. It is better that you remain here and render service. That will be My satisfaction"
- Srivasa, Haridasa, Ramadasa, Gadadhara, Murari, Mukunda, Candrasekhara and Vakresvara are all glorious and are all learned scholars, but the sentiment of servitude to Lord Caitanya makes them mad in ecstasy
- Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, Jagadananda Pandita, Gadadhara Pandita, Ramai, Nandai and Sankara Pandita are some of the devotees who ran after Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- That day Gadadhara Pandita extended an invitation to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and the Lord took His lunch at his place with the other devotees
- The Seventh Chapter describes the Panca-tattva - Sri Caitanya, Prabhu Nityananda, Sri Advaita, Gadadhara and Srivasa. They all combined together to distribute love of Godhead everywhere
- There Vallabha Bhatta took permission from Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and his desire to be initiated by Gadadhara Pandita was thus fulfilled
- Thereafter, Vallabha Bhatta went to the home of Gadadhara Pandita. He kept coming and going, showing affection in various ways, and thus maintained a relationship with him
- They would extend invitations to the Lord. Vasudeva Datta, Gadadhara dasa, Murari Gupta, the inhabitants of Kulina-grama and Khanda and many other devotees who were not brahmanas by caste would purchase food offered to Lord Jagannatha
- Thus Gadadhara Pandita Gosvami traveled alone, but when they all arrived at Kataka, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu called him, and he went into the Lord's company
- Thus Pandita Gosani fell into a dilemma. He was in such doubt that he could not decide alone what to do
- When Gadadhara Pandita started to go with the Lord, he was forbidden to come and was asked not to give up the vow of ksetra-sannyasa
- While chanting the Panca-tattva maha-mantra, one must chant the names of Sri Caitanya, Nityananda, Advaita, Gadadhara and Srivasa with their many devotees. This is the process
- Why did you not retaliate by reproaching Him? Why did you fearfully tolerate His criticism