Questions On... Calendar Events, Observances
Pages in category "Questions On... Calendar Events, Observances"
The following 49 pages are in this category, out of 49 total.
- Did you build a Maha-ratha?
- Diwali is the 10th or 11th. I think the Marwari community, they celebrate on the 10th. So we expect him on the 11th or by the latest the 12th, which means one week from today. Do you mind waiting that long?
- Do you want us to offer feast to your Guru Maharaja at noontime? A special plate of feast?
- I wanted to know what was that, the meaning of that mark you made... The fire, yes. Yes, oil and... Was it a third eye? That means you are dust and you become dust again, or what?
- I would like you to explain the origin and significance of what you, what they call the Jagannatha car festival
- If we get on Fifth Avenue, you'll come again (to Ratha-yatra in New York)?
- Is that the significance, then, of the festival, to remind people of God?
- Is there special significance during this period (Kumbha Mela)?
- It is also guru-purnima… Is there some special celebration or significance?
- It is said that the karma-kanda in the Vedas has almost gone out of use, except for a few rites which remain in vogue for marriage, sraddhas, etc. Is it advisable to revive the karma-kanda with its stress on the performance of various yajnas?
- No doubt, but what about the daily worship? Should we have Jagannatha deities if it's not possible for worshiping them? Should we have them just for the festival?
- No preaching work? Should they (all of your initiated disciples) go out for preaching (on ekadasi)?
- No, if we people go there at Kumbha Mela time, is it good?
- No, where is our camp then (at the Kumbha-mela)?
- On all the other auspicious days, just like Narottama dasa Thakura and others, should we also observe half-day fast? ... And Srimati Radharani?
- On carts (Janmastami, take Radha-Krsna procession)?
- On ekadasi, we can offer the Deity grains?
- On the 13th of September, Srila Bhaktivinoda's Appearance is there any special observance?
- Sadhu-sanga, of course, is very important. Getting to take a dip in Ganges at that, during this period, has that got any particular significance apart from sadhu-sanga?
- Should we hold an abhisekha ceremony for Janmastami?
- So far your questions about Lord Jagannatha and Ratha-yatra Festival?
- So that should be standard (chanting 25 rounds) for our movement on ekadasi day?
- So they should get written permission for the ratha to stand there?
- Srila Prabhupada, one press man wanted to know what is this Rathayatra festival? Why is it going on over here in the western world?
- Srila Prabhupada, today is the beginning of urja-vrata. Can you describe what that is, urja-vrata, how it should be observed?
- Srila Prabhupada? Would you like it (Bombay temple) to be opened on your Guru Maharaja's disappearance?
- Swamiji, I wanted to know the importance of Kumbha Mela
- We should observe this festival, Srila Prabhupada?
- What about that Janmastami? We observe all those things. What is the significance?
- What kind of fast is that (Balarama)?
- What was the attitude of the Indian colony in London (after Ratha-yatra, wherever our men went, they were received very well)?
- What was the purpose of this festival here?
- Yes. Till (Balarama's. So fasting) noon?
- Yesterday I met a devotee from New York who said that there were many people present at the festival from other planets and that you could see them. Is that true?
- You are going to Kumbha Mela tomorrow?
- You are not organizing a yatra in Paris?
- You had a yatra, I guess, in San Francisco, didn't you?
- You have asked about the specialness of the month of Karatieya
- You used to take Jagannatha right through the streets?
- Your Divine Grace, will you kindly explain the significance of Ratha-yatra festival?