Crying for Krsna
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Crying for God (5 P)
Pages in category "Crying for Krsna"
The following 57 pages are in this category, out of 57 total.
- After saying this, the messenger began to chant the holy names of Hari and Krsna. He also began to laugh and cry, dance and sing exactly like a madman
- All the cows, bulls and small calves became overwhelmed with grief, and they began to look at Him with great anxiety. Out of fear they could only cry in agony and stand erect on the bank, unable to help their beloved Krsna
- Another gopi said, "The river Yamuna is unfortunate like us; it does not get Krsnas mercy. The river simply remains stunned, stopping its waves, just as we also stop crying for Krsna in expectation"
- As for mother Yasoda, she sat by the side of her husband and heard the pastimes of Krsna without speaking. She simply cried incessantly, and milk poured from her breasts
- As soon as He (Krsna) entered the place, all the sages began to cry, "Jai! Jai! Jai!" (which means "Victory!") Krsna was a boy at that time, and all the sages offered their respectful blessings to Him
- As soon as I (Narada) began to meditate upon the lotus feet of the Personality of Godhead with my mind transformed in transcendental love, tears rolled down my eyes, & without delay the Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna appeared on the lotus of my heart
- Brahma fell down, touching his foreheads to the lotus feet of Krsna, and his crying in ecstasy is to be regarded as an abhiseka bathing ceremony of Krsna's lotus feet
- By chanting without offenses, the devotee cries to Radharani and Krsna to please lift him out of the material energy and put him into the spiritual energy, which is devotional service
- By crying out the word "Krsna," the boys at once transcended the fearful situation. Out of His great affection, Krsna did not want His friends to give up their pleasing lunch engagement and go searching for the calves
- By loud cries He invited Krsna to appear, and this repeated invitation attracted Lord Krsna to descend
- By the force of their (the gopis) ecstatic feelings, it appeared to them that Krsna was personally present and dancing before them. Because of their sweet remembrance of Krsna, they could not check their tears, and they cried without consideration
- If a person does not cry or exhibit bodily changes after chanting the holy name of God without offense, it is to be understood that he is hardhearted and that therefore his heart does not change even after he chants the holy name of God, Hare Krsna
- If one is serious and sincerely follows the regulative principles and chants Hare Krsna, the time will come when the symptoms will appear. Tears will fill his eyes, he will be unable to chant the mahamantra distinctly, and his heart will throb in ecstasy
- If your heart is always crying for God, that is perfect religion
- In the absence of Krsna the gopis were constantly shedding tears, but sometimes, when they expected that Krsna was coming, they would stop crying. But when they saw that Krsna was not coming, then again they would become frustrated and begin to cry
- In the Mahabharata, Krsna says, "When I was away from Draupadi, she cried with the words, 'Hey, Govinda!' This call for Me has put Me in her debt, and that indebtedness is gradually increasing in My heart"
- In the Tenth Canto, 7th Chapter, 22nd verse of Srimad-Bhagavatam there is a description of Krsna's being taken away by the whirlwind demon Trnavarta. As Krsna was being thus carried up into the sky, all the gopis began to cry aloud
- It was He only who loosened the hair of all the wives of the miscreants who dared open the cluster of your Queen's hair, which had been nicely dressed. At that time she fell down at the feet of Lord Krsna with tears in her eyes
- Krsna continued, "I have heard from Akrura and Uddhava that since I left Vrndavana all My cowherd boyfriends, the gopis and Radharani, and My foster father, Nanda Maharaja, are simply crying constantly for Me"
- Krsna continued, "In Vrndavana, many gopis were attracted to Me, and now I have left them, and they are living but are simply crying for Me in separation"
- Krsna's friend said, "At Vrndavana all the residents have become blind from their continuous crying over Your absence. They are full only of anxieties and are not cheered at all by Your (Krsna) becoming the King of Mathura"
- Some of the people following the Lord were crying. Some were laughing, some dancing and some chanting. Indeed, some of them were rolling on the ground, exclaiming "Krsna! Krsna"
- Srinivasacarya said that the Gosvamis were always absorbed in the ocean of transcendental feelings in the mood of the gopis. When they lived in Vrndavana they were searching for Krsna, crying, "Where are You, Krsna?"
- That is another bliss, to feel separation from Krsna. Everything, either you meet or you separate, the bliss is there. Crying for Krsna is better bliss
- The elder gopis said, "If by chance They (Krsna and Balarama) cannot find the hidden butter and yogurt, They go to our little babies and pinch their bodies so that they cry, and then They go away"
- The female relatives, whose eyes were flooded with tears out of anxiety for Krsna, came out of the palace. They could stop their tears only with great difficulty. They feared that tears would cause misfortune at the time of departure
- The gopis cried all night before the departure of Krsna. As soon as the sun rose, Akrura finished his morning bath, got on the chariot and started for Mathura with Krsna and Balarama
- The Gosvamis are crying, "Where is Krsna? Where is Radharani?" They're crying: ghosantav iti sarvato vraja-pure khedair maha-vihvalau. Mad. Mad after. This is the process of krsna-bhajana. Not that "I've seen just last night Krsna dancing with the gopis"
- The Gosvamis cried, "O gopis, where are You? Where are You, Srimati Radharani?" They never said, "We have now seen Radha and Krsna, and therefore our mission is fulfilled." Their mission remained always unfulfilled; they never met Radha and Krsna
- The mothers, after embracing their son (Krsna), sat Him on their laps. Due to pure affection, milk sprang from their breasts. They were overwhelmed with delight, and the tears from their eyes wetted the Lord
- The situation (Aristasura entering Vrndavana) became very terrible, all the inhabitants of Vrndavana began to cry, "Krsna! Krsna, please save us!" Krsna saw that the cows were running away, He immediately replied, "Don’t be afraid. Don’t be afraid"
- There is another hopelessness, however, which shows attachment for Krsna. When the bull demon attacked the damsels of Braja, they began to cry out, "My dear Krsna - please save us! We are now gone!" This is hopelessness with attachment for Krsna
- These phenomena indicate that even the cows and calves in Vrndavana knew how to cry for Krsna and embrace Him heart to heart. Actually, the perfection of Krsna consciousness can be culminated in the shedding of tears from the eyes
- To chant the holy name of Krsna one does not need to speculate on the philosophical aspects of the science of God, for one automatically becomes ecstatic and without consideration immediately chants, dances, laughs, cries and sings just like a madman
- We dance, we cry, we chant, we laugh not artificially. But Krsna consciousness is so nice. As you begin to chant, naturally you feel for dancing. So it is not taught artificially. It comes simultaneously with development of Krsna consciousness
- When devotees are engaged in the discharge of bhakti-yoga, sometimes they cry from thinking of Krsna, sometimes they laugh, sometimes they become jubilant
- When Krsna entered the Yamuna River, which had become very poisonous from the presence of Kaliya, mother Yasoda feared all kinds of mishaps, and she was breathing hotly. Tears from her eyes were soaking her clothes, and she was almost collapsing
- When Krsna left Vrndavana for Mathura, the gopis became most dejected and spent the rest of their lives simply crying in separation from Krsna. This means that in one sense they were never actually separated from Krsna
- When Kunti was offering her prayers very feelingly to Krsna, she could not check herself and began to cry loudly before Akrura
- When mother Yasoda was so piteously crying, all the cowherd women immediately came and began to look for the baby (Krsna), but they were disappointed and could not find Him
- When Putana, the demoniac witch, was struck down and killed by Krsna, Mother Yasoda was struck with wonder and began to cry emotionally, "Oh, what is this? What is this?"
- When she (Yasoda) was rolling over on the ground, there were many scratches on her body, and in that piteous condition she began to cry
- When the boys saw that the calves were not nearby, they became afraid for their safety, and they immediately cried out, "Krsna!" Krsna is the killer of fear personified. Everyone is afraid of fear personified, but fear personified is afraid of Krsna
- While the demon was trying to smash Krsna & His companions, Krsna heard the demigods crying "Alas! Alas!" & He immediately began to expand Himself within the throat of the demon. Although he had a gigantic body, the demon choked by the expanding of Krsna
- While they were taking rest, a great serpent from the nearby forest appeared before them and hungrily began to swallow up Nanda Maharaja. Nanda cried out helplessly, "My dear son, Krsna, please come and save me from this danger!"
- Within a few moments, a mysterious, unknown man came before Lord Krsna. Crying loudly, he bowed down at the Lord's lotus feet and said to Him
- Without replying to a word of Krsna's statement, she (Rukmini) simply cried in great anxiety, as if drowning in an ocean of grief. She silently scratched the floor with her toenails, which reflected reddish light on the floor