This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Madhava"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- According to the Siddhartha-samhita there are twenty-four forms of Lord Visnu, and these forms are named according to the position of the symbols in Their four hands
- Among Lord Nityananda's devotees, Nakadi was the thirty-seventh, Mukunda the thirty-eighth, Surya the thirty-ninth, Madhava the fortieth, Sridhara the forty-first, Ramananda the forty-second, Jagannatha the forty-third and Mahidhara the forty-fourth
- I am very interested in the Sri Beni Madhava Temple. I have also written the Mahant Sri Omkar Giri inviting him to Mayapur for further discussion on this. For yourself, I again invite you, and we will be prepared to pay for your expenditures
- I have no objection to the sweatshirts and posters bearing Madhava Visnu
- In this way, Caitanya lamented in the mood of separation, "Alas, alas! O Krsna, where have You gone?" Feeling in His heart the ecstatic emotions of the gopis, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu agonized in their words, saying, "O Govinda! O Damodara! O Madhava"
- May Lord Prsnigarbha protect Your intelligence, and the Supreme Personality of Godhead Your soul. While You are playing, may Govinda protect You, and while You are sleeping may Madhava protect You
- May Madhusudana, who carries a bow very fearful for the demons, protect me during the fifth part of the day. In the evening, may Lord Madhava, appearing as Brahma, Visnu & Mahesvara, protect me, and in the beginning of night may Lord Hrsikesa protect me
- O Maharaja Pariksit, because Yadu, Madhu and Vrsni each inaugurated a dynasty, their dynasties are known as Yadava, Madhava and Vrsni. The son of Yadu named Krosta had a son named Vrjinavan
- On the forehead is the temple of Lord Kesava, on the belly is the temple of Lord Narayana, on the chest is the temple of Lord Madhava, and on the throat, between the two collarbones, is the temple of Lord Govinda
- The dynasties known as Yadava, Madhava and Vrsni had their origin from Yadu, Madhu and Vrsni
- The gopis continued, "Have you seen Madhava passing this way? O mango trees, O trees of jackfruit, O pear trees and asana trees"
- The Lord's devotees - including Srivasa, Ramai, Raghu, Govinda, Mukunda, Haridasa, Govindananda, Madhava and Govinda - all combined together
- The old temple of Bindu Madhava, which was visited by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, was later dismantled by Aurangzeb, the great Hindu-hating emperor of the Mogul dynasty. In the place of this temple, he constructed a big masjid, or mosque
- The three brothers Govinda, Madhava and Vasudeva were the eighty-second, eighty-third and eighty-fourth branches of the tree. Lord Caitanya and Nityananda used to dance in their kirtana performances
- The twelve different kinds of transcendental humors are controlled by different incarnations of God, such as Kapila, Madhava, Upendra, Nrsimha, Nanda-nandana, Balarama, Kurma, Kalki, Raghava, Bhargava, Varaha and Matsya
- There are many other forms of the Lord with varied situations of the symbols of lotus, conchshell, etc. and they are differently known as 1) Purusottama, Acyuta, Narasimha, Trivikrama, Hrsikesa, Kesava, Madhava, Aniruddha, Pradyumna, Sankarsana, Sridhara