Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Govardhana"
The following 65 pages are in this category, out of 65 total.
- After circumambulating the hill, Madhavendra Puri went to Govinda-kunda and took his bath. He then sat beneath a tree to take his evening rest
- After embracing their children, the men took the cows back to the top of Govardhana Hill. Along the way they began to think of their children, and affectionate tears fell from their eyes
- After installing the Deity of Gopala, Srila Madhavendra Puri rendered Him service. That very Deity is still being worshiped at Govardhana Hill
- After reaching Mathura, they started visiting the different forests of Vrndavana and came to Govardhana Hill. They visited all twelve forests (vanas) and at last came to the town of Vrndavana
- After the disappearance of Lord Caitanya and Svarupa Damodara, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami keenly felt separation from these two exalted personalities and therefore decided to give up his life by jumping from Govardhana Hill in Vrndavana
- All the cows came immediately (down Govardhana Hill) and began to lick their bodies, and the calves also began to suck milk from the milk bags. There appeared to be a great bond of affection between the cows and calves
- Following the inauguration of Govardhana-puja, people in Vrndavana still dress nicely and assemble near Govardhana Hill to offer worship and circumambulate the hill, leading their cows all around
- From Radha-kunda, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to Sumanas Lake. When He saw Govardhana Hill from there, He was overwhelmed with joy
- I am always anxious to go and see the Govardhana hills in New Vrindaban and I hope Krishna will fulfill my desire as soon as possible
- I am trying to make a plan out of the description of the plot of our leased land. And the hilly portions may be name as Govardhana. Govardhana-side, the pasturing grounds for the cows may be allotted
- I offer my respectful obeisances unto Madhavendra Puri, who was given a pot of sweet rice stolen by Gopinatha, celebrated thereafter as Ksira-cora. Being pleased by Madhavendra Puri's love, Gopala, the Deity at Govardhana, appeared to the public vision
- In the midst of their excitement one of them ascertained that it was actually only a cloud on Govardhan Hill
- In the morning, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu took His bath in a lake called Manasa-ganga. He then circumambulated Govardhana Hill
- It (New Vrndavana) has a farmhouse and several other structures, well, streams, hills (govardhana, as named by Swamiji) pasture grounds (a cow will be acquired soon), ghat, pond, woodland, all situated on 138 acres
- It is amazing that You have forgotten the land of Vrndavana. And how is it that You have forgotten Your father, mother and friends? How have You forgotten Govardhana Hill, the bank of the Yamuna and the forest where You enjoyed the rasa-lila dance
- Mad with ecstatic love, the Lord came to the village known as Govardhana. There He saw the Deity named Harideva and offered His obeisances unto Him
- My dear Bhadravardhana, there is no need to make these threatening motions. If you will all look more closely you will see that it is only a thundercloud upon Govardhana Hill; it is not the Aristasura in the shape of a bull
- Near Jagannatha Puri is a great sand dune known as Cataka-parvata. Seeing that hill, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, 'Oh, I shall go to the land of Vraja to see Govardhana Hill'
- Near Vrndavana is Govardhana Hill, which is very beautiful, and there are newly grown grass and fodder for the animals, so there will be no difficulty in living there
- O my Lord, You live in the forest of Govardhana Hill, and, like the king of elephants, You are expert in the art of conjugal love
- Once, Sri Madhavendra Puri traveled to Vrndavana, where he came upon the hill known as Govardhana
- One of the friends of Mother Yasoda continues, "On the one hand, there is your child who is always captivated by sucking the milk from your breast, and on the other hand there is the great Govardhan Hill which can obstruct the passing of the clouds"
- Some of the mountains are known as Venkata, Mahendra, Varidhara, Vindhya, Suktiman, Rksagiri, Pariyatra, Drona, Citrakuta, Govardhana, Raivataka, Kakubha, Nila, Gokamukha, Indrakila and Kamagiri
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu mistook the sand dune for Govardhana Hill and ran toward it
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu thought, "Since I shall not at any time climb Govardhana Hill, how shall I be able to see Gopala Raya"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very eager to see Gopala, but He did not want to climb Govardhana Hill. Therefore by some trick the Gopala Deity personally descended
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would also run very fast across the sand dunes, mistaking them for Govardhana. As He ran, He would wail and cry loudly
- Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami intended to go to Vrndavana to see the lotus feet of Rupa and Sanatana and then give up his life by jumping from Govardhana Hill
- That chapter also tells how the Lord entrusted Raghunatha dasa Gosvami to the care of Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and gave Raghunatha dasa the gift of a stone from Govardhana Hill and a garland of small conchshells
- The cowherd men who were taking care of the cows on the top of Govardhana Hill tried to stop them, but they failed. Baffled by their failure, they were feeling ashamed and angry
- The cows were so melted with affection for the calves that they did not care about the rough path from the top of Govardhana Hill down to the pasturing ground. They approached the calves with their milk bags full of milk, and raised their tails upwards
- The elderly friends said, "If you will all look more closely you will see that it is only a thunder cloud upon Govardhana Hill; it is not the Aristasura in the shape of a bull, as you have imagined"
- The followers of the Krsna consciousness movement may therefore collect small rocks or pebbles from Govardhana Hill and worship them at home, because this worship is as good as Deity worship
- The gifts consisted of some sand from the site of the rasa-lila, a stone from Govardhana Hill, dry ripened pilu fruits and a garland of small conchshells
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana assembled together, decorated their cows and gave them grass. Keeping the cows in front, they began to circumambulate Govardhana Hill
- The proprietor of this village, Govardhana-dhari, is lying in the bushes. Let us go there and rescue Him from that place
- The same gopi said, "The best presentation offered by Govardhana Hill, however, is newly grown grass for the cows and calves"
- The same gopi said, "Thus Govardhana is always in touch with the lotus feet of the Lord"
- The same gopi spoke, "When all the animals and trees and plants, either on the top of Govardhana Hill or in the valley, see the dancing of the peacocks, they all stand still and listen to the transcendental sound of the flute with great attention"
- The vayasyas said, "We are very much aggrieved to see You in this position. If You think that Sudama is not able to support Govardhan Hill, then at least You should change hands"
- These cows had their own calves, and the calves that were grazing beneath Govardhana Hill were larger; they were not expected to drink milk directly from the milk bag but were satisfied with the grass
- Those who took prasadam included not only the people of Govardhana village but also those who came from other villages. They also saw the Deity of Gopala and were offered prasadam to eat
- We must carefully follow in the footsteps of Sri Madhavendra Puri and observe how he installed the Gopala Deity on top of Govardhana Hill, how he arranged and performed the Annakuta ceremony in only one day, and so forth
- When it was advertised throughout the country that Lord Gopala had appeared atop Govardhana Hill, all the people from neighboring villages came to see the Deity
- When some brahmanas were requested by Nanda to circumambulate Govardhan Hill, they told him that they were more interested in offering benedictions than in circumambulating Govardhan Hill. This is an instance of laziness caused by self-satisfaction
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu passed through the Jharikhanda forest, He took it for granted that it was Vrndavana. When He passed over the hills, He took it for granted that they were Govardhana
- When the Lord saw Govardhana Hill, He immediately offered obeisances, falling down on the ground like a rod. He embraced one piece of rock from Govardhana Hill and became mad
- When they (the cows) were coming down the hill (of Govardhana), their milk bags were pouring milk on the ground out of intense maternal affection for the calves, although they were not their own calves
- Where is that intelligent person who is unwilling to serve this divine Radha-kunda, which is situated at the foot of Govardhana Hill?