hill | hills | hill's | hilly
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Hill"
The following 186 pages are in this category, out of 186 total.
- A drop from the ocean of Your (Caitanya's) mercy can drown great mountains like Sumeru and Mandara. Since these two gentlemen are little hills by comparison, it is no wonder that they are being drowned in the ocean of Your mercy
- A friend tells Mother Yasoda: "How wonderful it is that when the Sankhacuda demon - vast and strong as a great hill - attacked your Cupid-like beautiful son, there was no one present in Vrndavana to help. And yet the demon was killed by your little son"
- A hill appears cloudy from a distance, and one who does not know may speculate that the hill is a cloud. Actually, it is not a cloud; it is a big hill. One has to learn from authority that the sight of a cloud is not actually a cloud but a hill
- A person desiring to cross over these ritualistic ceremonies certainly feels pains like the piercing of thorns and pebbles endured by one attempting to climb a hill. Thus the conditioned soul suffers unlimitedly
- According to scripture, kalau panca vivarjayet. In this age a woman is forbidden to marry her husband's brother. This system is still practiced in some of the hilly tracts of India
- Actually the state belongs to the Supreme Lord. The rivers, oceans, forests, hills, drugs, etc., are not creations of man. They are all creations of the Supreme Lord
- After crossing the hills, Sanatana Gosvami told his servant, "Isana, I think you still have some balance left from the gold coins"
- After drinking, when they (the cowherd boys) were sitting on the bank of the river (Yamuna), they saw a huge animal which looked something like a heron and was as big as a hill
- After embracing their children, the men took the cows back to the top of Govardhana Hill. Along the way they began to think of their children, and affectionate tears fell from their eyes
- After reaching Patada, he met a landholder and submissively requested him to get him across that hilly tract of land
- After this settlement was made, the landlord gave Sanatana Gosvami four watchmen to accompany him. They went through the forest path for the whole night and thus brought him over the hilly tract of land
- After thus instructing all the demigods, the Pitas and the lords of the living entities, Lord Brahma took them with him and left for the abode of Lord Siva, known as the Kailasa Hill
- All the cows came immediately (down Govardhana Hill) and began to lick their bodies, and the calves also began to suck milk from the milk bags. There appeared to be a great bond of affection between the cows and calves
- All the rivers, seas, hills, mountains, serpents, cows, birds, animals, heavenly planets, the earthly planet and all other living entities collected various presentations, according to their ability, to offer the King
- All these cities & villages are flourishing in all respects because the herbs & grains are in abundance, the trees are full of fruits, the rivers are flowing, the hills are full of minerals & the oceans full of wealth. & this is all due to Your glance
- As far as Vrndavana's opulence is concerned, it consists of a few flowers and twigs, some minerals from the hills, a few peacock feathers and the plant known as gunja
- As soon as the people of the village had understood that the Deity was going to be installed, they had brought their entire stocks of rice, dhal & wheat flour. They brought such large quantities that the entire surface of the top of the hill was filled
- At Durvasana Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu visited the temple of Lord Ramacandra, and on the hill known as Mahendra-saila He saw Lord Parasurama
- At that time (Kaisora age) Krsna's chest challenged the hill of the marakata jewel. His arms challenged the pillars of the indranila jewel, the three lines of His waist challenged the waves of the River Yamuna, and His thighs challenged beautiful bananas
- Because men in this material world cannot lift a hill, they do not believe that the Lord can lift one. They accept the statements of Srimad-Bhagavatam to be allegorical, and they try to interpret them in their own way
- Brahmaji, who generates all living beings in the material world, is His genitals, and the Mitra-varunas are His two testicles. The ocean is His waist, and the hills and mountains are the stacks of His bones
- By one's intelligence only one can think of Him (God) in any manifestation of the material world - the forest, the hill, the ocean, the man, the animal, the demigod, the bird, the beast or anything else
- By the semen of Varuna, the great mystic Valmiki took birth from an anthill. Bhrgu and Valmiki were specific sons of Varuna, whereas Agastya and Vasistha Rsis were the common sons of Varuna and Mitra, the tenth son of Aditi
- Children play with an umbrella generally known as a frog's umbrella, and Lord Krsna, when He was only seven years old, could snatch the great hill known as the Govardhana Parvata at Vrndavana and hold it for seven days continuously with one hand
- Coming down from Govardhana Hill, Lord Gopala granted an interview to Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who was unwilling to climb the hill, thinking Himself a devotee of Lord Krsna
- Devotees used to go to forests, high hills or mountains on pilgrimages, but such severe austerities are not possible in these days. One should instead eat only prasada and no more than required
- During the night's darkness, the glowworm can show some glittering power, and the snow piled up on the top of a hill or on the ground can shine during the daytime
- During the reign of Lord Ramacandra the forests, the rivers, the hills and mountains, the states, the seven islands and the seven seas were all favorable in supplying the necessities of life for all living beings
- Each (community in human society and in the animal kingdom) is to work in cooperation for the total benefit of all society, which includes not only animate objects but also inanimate objects like hills and land
- Every one of us, we are trying to control over the material energy. The big stone, big hill, they, that is material energy, but the spiritual energy, a human being, is breaking the hill by dynamite. Therefore it is superior energy
- Flowers, waterfalls, trees, fruits, hills, caves, birds, beasts, and human beings are nothing but combinations of God's energy
- Following the inauguration of Govardhana-puja, people in Vrndavana still dress nicely and assemble near Govardhana Hill to offer worship and circumambulate the hill, leading their cows all around
- Following the order of Narada Muni, whatever demons remained on the battlefield took Bali Maharaja, who was in a precarious condition, to the hill known as Astagiri
- Gaudiya indicates the part of India between the southern side of the Himalayan Mountains and the northern part of the Vindhya Hills, which is called Aryavarta, or the Land of the Aryans
- Generally the mountainous and hilly portions of the earth are made flat by the striking of thunderbolts. Generally this is the business of King Indra of the heavenly planets
- Generally thunderbolts are thrown on the tops of hills in order to break them to pieces. As these pieces are spread asunder in due course of time, the surface of the globe gradually becomes fit for agriculture
- Hanuman is described as being able to lift huge weights as heavy as hills and jump over the ocean. Modern astronomy has confirmed that this is indeed possible
- He (Balarama) then proceeded toward Malaya Hill. This hill is very great, and it is said to be one of seven peaks called the Malaya Hills
- He (Krsna) caught hold of him exactly as a lion catches hold of a lamb. The demon tried to expand himself like a hill to escape arrest, but Krsna did not allow him to get out of His clutches
- He (Krsna) is just like the sandalwood that grows in the Malaya Hills. Trees can grow anywhere and everywhere, yet because the sandalwood trees grow mostly in the area of the Malaya Hills, the name sandalwood and the Malaya Hills are interrelated
- He (Prahlada) was thrown in a fire, in boiling oil, from the top of a hill, underneath the legs of an elephant, and he was administered poison
- He (the mendicant devotee) does not require to live in a comfortable house, but should find a cave in the hills and not be afraid of jungle animals, keeping faith in God, who lives in everyone's heart
- He (Vasistha) jumped from a hill, but the stones on which he fell became a stack of cotton, and thus he was saved. He jumped into the ocean, but the waves washed him ashore
- He (Vidura) traveled where the air, hill, orchard, river and lake are all pure and sinless and where the forms of the Unlimited decorate the temples. Thus he performed the pilgrim's progress
- Her (Putana's) breasts appeared like small hills, and her hair was a vast reddish bush. Her eye sockets appeared like blind wells, and her two thighs appeared like two banks of a river. Her two hands appeared like two strongly constructed bridges
- Hiranyakasipu could not kill his son by throwing him beneath the feet of big elephants, throwing him among huge, fearful snakes, employing destructive spells, hurling him from the top of a hill, conjuring up illusory tricks, administering poison
- However, when the sun is on the northern side of the hill, the south receives less light, and when the sun is in the south, the north receives less
- Huna: The area of East Germany and part of Russia is known as the province of the Hunas. Accordingly, sometimes a kind of hill tribe is known as the Hunas
- I am a prisoner of the government, and I cannot go along the way of the ramparts. It will be very pious of you to take this money and kindly get me across this hilly tract of land
- I am always anxious to go and see the Govardhana hills in New Vrindaban and I hope Krishna will fulfill my desire as soon as possible
- I am trying to make a plan out of the description of the plot of our leased land. And the hilly portions may be name as Govardhana. Govardhana-side, the pasturing grounds for the cows may be allotted
- I am very satisfied with your behavior. I shall not accept these gold coins, but I shall get you across that hilly tract of land simply to perform a pious activity
- I do not mind a long walk, if it is flat land and not hills. Here I am walking at least 2 miles daily voluntarily
- I have these seven gold coins with me. Please accept them, and from a religious point of view please get me across that hilly tract of land
- I passed through hills & mountains full of reservoirs of various minerals like gold, silver & copper, & through tracts of land with reservoirs of water filled with lotus flowers, fit for the denizens of heaven, decorated with bees & singing birds
- If one makes a little more progress, then instead of a cloud he sees the hill and something green. When one actually approaches the hill, he will see many varieties
- If we do not properly execute our mission of life in self-realization, nature's punishment will render us inactive by putting us in the form of trees and hills
- In the midst of their excitement one of them ascertained that it was actually only a cloud on Govardhan Hill
- In this age so many factories for the manufacture of fertilizers have been opened, but when the Personality of Godhead is pleased by the performance of yajnas, the hills automatically produce fertilizing chemicals, which help produce edibles in the fields
- In this way, Sanatana Gosvami was released. However, he was not able to walk along the path of the fortress. Walking day and night, he finally arrived at the hilly tract of land known as Patada
- Indradyumna Maharaja retired from family life and went to the Malaya Hills, where he had a small cottage for his asrama. He wore matted locks on his head and always engaged in austerities
- Instead of wasting her (Queen Arci) time in lamentation, she immediately prepared a fiery pyre on top of a hill and then placed the body of her husband (King Prthu) on it to be burned
- It (New Vrndavana) has a farmhouse and several other structures, well, streams, hills (govardhana, as named by Swamiji) pasture grounds (a cow will be acquired soon), ghat, pond, woodland, all situated on 138 acres
- It appears that great hills and mountains also have their roaring power because they are also living entities
- It appears that great hills and mountains also have their roaring power because they are also living entities. The volume of the sound vibrated is in proportion to the size of the material body
- It is the duty of a mendicant to experience all varieties of God's creation by traveling alone through all forests, hills, towns, villages, etc., to gain faith in God and strength of mind as well as to enlighten the inhabitants with the message of God
- Just as rainfall satisfies everyone's desires, Maharaja Prthu used to satisfy everyone. He was like the sea in that no one could understand his depths, and he was like Meru, the king of hills, in the fixity of his purpose
- Just then (when cowherd boys were looking for Krsna) they could hear on the hill a faint vibration from Krsna's flute. Immediately all of them became very much engladdened. This is an instance of satisfaction in the midst of disappointment
- Kailasa is full of mountains filled with all kinds of valuable jewels and minerals and surrounded by all varieties of valuable trees and plants. The top of the hill is nicely decorated by various types of deer
- Kalayavana began running very fast, thinking, "Now I am nearer; I will capture Him," but he could not. Krsna led him far away and entered the cave of a hill
- King Prthu was presented with various gifts from the general populace and predominating deities of all planets. The oceans and seas were full of valuable jewels and pearls, and the hills were full of chemicals and fertilizers
- King Prthu, an incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, did not wait for King Indra to break up the hills and mountains but did so himself by using his strong bow
- Krsna also declared at that meeting, "In order to assure the good fortune of the cows and themselves, all people of Vrndavana near Govardhana must worship the hill, as prescribed by Me"
- Krsna as a boy continued, "Please construct a temple on top of that hill, and install Me in that temple. After this, wash Me with large quantities of cold water so that My body may be cleansed"
- Krsna said, "By Your (Balarama's) touching the twigs with Your fingernails, these small plants are also made glorious. As for the hills and the rivers, they too are now glorious because You are glancing at them"
- Krsna's transcendental body is so cool that it cannot be compared even to sandalwood pulp or to millions upon millions of moons. It expertly attracts the breasts of all women, which resemble high hills
- Like arrows released in the four directions, the demon's body grew, day after day. Tall and blackish, he appeared like a burnt hill and was as lustrous as a bright array of clouds in the evening
- Lord Brahma's great swan then arrived at the border of Gandhamadana Hill and approached Prince Priyavrata, who was sitting there
- Lord Brahma, who is carried by a swan airplane, at first could not see where Hiranyakasipu was, for Hiranyakasipu's body was covered by an anthill and by grass and bamboo sticks
- Maitreya said: O Vidura, thus the demigods worshiped with prayers the Supreme Personality of Godhead appearing as the sage Nara-Narayana. The Lord glanced upon them with mercy and then departed for Gandhamadana Hill
- Modern scientific improvements also enable us to enter into stone, because they provide for excavating so many subways, penetrating the hills, etc. So , the mystic perfection of trying to enter into stone, has also been achieved by material science
- My dear Bhadravardhana, there is no need to make these threatening motions. If you will all look more closely you will see that it is only a thundercloud upon Govardhana Hill; it is not the Aristasura in the shape of a bull
- Natural defensive measures are horses and elephants combined with chariots and men. Horses and elephants are trained to move to any part of the hills or forests and plains
- Near Jagannatha Puri is a great sand dune known as Cataka-parvata. Seeing that hill, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, 'Oh, I shall go to the land of Vraja to see Govardhana Hill'
- Next his (the person who was engaged in criminal sense gratification) limbs are lopped off and torn asunder by elephants. He is hurled down from hilltops, and he is also held captive either in water or in a cave
- Nobody goes to set anala, fire, in the forest. I saw davanala first in my experience at Nainital Station. Very high hill, and there was fire, blazing fire upon the hill. Nobody went there to set fire, but there was fire
- Nonmoving living entities include hills, mountains, trees, plants, etc. This stage of life is called punyatam or mukhyatam, namely, making all activities zero
- Not only that, but he will level the surface of the earth with the pointed ends of his bow, breaking all the hills exactly as King Indra, the heavenly King, breaks mountains with his powerful thunderbolt
- Oceans and seas produce pearls, coral and valuable jewels so that fortunate law-abiding people can utilize them. Similarly, the hills are full of chemicals so that when rivers flow down from them the chemicals spread over the fields to fertilize
- On Kailasa Hill there is always the rhythmical sound of the peacocks' sweet vibrations and the bees' humming. Cuckoos are always singing, and other birds whisper amongst themselves
- Once, Sri Madhavendra Puri traveled to Vrndavana, where he came upon the hill known as Govardhana
- One can worship the Lord even by seeing the hills and mountains or the ocean and the sky as different parts and parcels of the gigantic body of the Lord, the virat-purusa
- One of the gopis once said to her friend, "My dear beautiful friend, when Krsna, the son of Maharaj Nanda, was taking rest within the cave of a hill, He was keeping His head on the arms of Sridama, and He was putting His left hand on Dama's chest"
- Pariksit inquired from Sukadeva, "How had he achieved so much power that instantly, by his glance, Kalayavana was burned to ashes? How did he happen to be lying down in the cave of the hill?" He put many questions before Sukadeva
- People, being harassed in famine and taxation, they'll give up their hearth & home, will go to the forest and hills. Gradually, time will come when the ages will be reduced so much that a person twenty-thirty years old will be considered as grand old man
- Please bring the people of the village and get them to take Me out of this bush. Then have them situate Me nicely on top of the hill
- Radharani's friend said, "I think it may be granted that this person is the same enchanting Personality of Godhead by whose flute vibration the three worlds are captivated. He must be the same Mukunda who is standing before Govardhan Hill"
- Rsabhadeva began to tour through cities, villages, mines, countrysides, valleys, gardens, military camps, cow pens, the homes of cowherd men, transient hotels, hills, forests and hermitages
- Sanatana Gosvami noted from Balabhadra Bhattacarya all the villages, rivers and hills where Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had performed His pastimes
- Sandalwood produced in Malaya is very popular. That province is situated on the western ghata, and the hill Nilagiri is sometimes known as Malaya Hill
- Simply with His fists He (Balarama) struck the collarbone of the gorilla (Dvivida). This blow proved fatal to Dvivida, who immediately vomited blood and fell unconscious upon the ground. When the gorilla fell, all the hills and forests appeared to totter
- Since the Deity was very heavy, some of the stronger men assembled to carry Him to the top of the hill. Madhavendra Puri also went there
- Some say that the Unborn is born for the glorification of pious kings, and others say that He is born to please King Yadu, one of Your dearest devotees. You appear in his family as sandalwood appears in the Malaya Hills
- Sometimes in autumn the falls come down from the top of the hill to supply clean water, and sometimes they stop. Similarly, sometimes great saintly persons distribute clear knowledge, and sometimes they are silent
- Sometimes the merchant in the forest wants to climb the hills and mountains, but due to insufficient footwear, his feet are pricked by small stone fragments and by thorns on the mountain. Being pricked by them, he becomes very aggrieved
- Sometimes they (Pradyumna's soldiers) would see the airplane on the ground, sometimes flying in the sky, sometimes resting on the peak of a hill, and sometimes floating on the water
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Are there any deities on top of this hill?" The local people replied, "There are deities on this hill, but they are located within a cave"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu bathed in all the celebrated lakes, beginning with Lake Pavana. Thereafter He climbed a hill and spoke to the people
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, Though the hearts of the gopis are like high-standing hills, they are inundated by the waves of the nectarean ocean of Krsna's beauty. His sweet voice enters their ears and gives them transcendental bliss
- Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami intended to go to Vrndavana to see the lotus feet of Rupa and Sanatana and then give up his life by jumping from Govardhana Hill
- Srila Sridhara Svami has composed a nice verse in this regard, "Let others engage in severe austerities, let others fall to the land from the tops of hills and give up their lives"
- Suddenly, on sighting the calves, the cows began to run toward them. They leaped downhill with joined front and rear legs
- The ambitious conditioned soul wants to be very happy in this material world with his family, but he is compared to a traveler in the forest who desires to climb a hill full of thorns and small stones
- The clouds' downpour is so profuse that the rains even fall on rocks and hills and on the oceans and seas, where there is no need for water
- The consciousness of each woman within the three worlds is certainly like a high hill, but the sweetness of Krsna's beauty is like an ocean. Even a drop of water from that ocean can flood the entire world and submerge all the high hills of consciousness
- The cowherd men who were taking care of the cows on the top of Govardhana Hill tried to stop them, but they failed. Baffled by their failure, they were feeling ashamed and angry
- The cows were so melted with affection for the calves that they did not care about the rough path from the top of Govardhana Hill down to the pasturing ground. They approached the calves with their milk bags full of milk, and raised their tails upwards
- The demigods observed Lord Siva sitting on the summit of Kailasa Hill with his wife, Bhavani, for the auspicious development of the three worlds. He was being worshiped by great saintly persons desiring liberation
- The distilled water is taken on the sky, and as rain it drops on the ground, and it is stored on the mountain-hill. Gradually, the whole year, the water is coming down in this shape of river, and supply is there
- The example set herein is very appropriate. A traveler leaves home to search for wealth in far distant places, sometimes in the forest and sometimes on the ocean and sometimes on hilltops
- The first division is made between dead, stonelike matter and the living organism. A living organism is sometimes manifested even in stone. Experience shows that some hills and mountains grow. This is due to the presence of the soul within that stone
- The flow of river waters fertilizes the fields, and there is more than what we need. Minerals are produced in the hills, and the jewels in the ocean
- The followers of the Krsna consciousness movement may therefore collect small rocks or pebbles from Govardhana Hill and worship them at home, because this worship is as good as Deity worship
- The friend of Nanda Maharaja said, "Just imagine how wonderful it is! On one hand He is only a boy of seven years, and on the other hand there is a huge hill like Govardhana Hill, and He lifted it so easily"
- The Gopala Deity then returned to His own temple, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu remained at the bottom of the hill. Thus all the desires of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu were satisfied by the Gopala Deity
- The great sage Maitreya said: Lord Siva, the deliverer of the hill Kailasa, having thus been addressed by his dear wife, replied smilingly
- The hill known as Meru is fixed in the universe as a universal pivot, and no one can move it an inch from its position; similarly, no one could ever dissuade Maharaja Prthu when he was determined
- The honest and simple cowherd men, headed by Nanda Maharaja, accepted Krsna's proposal and executed in detail everything He advised. They performed Govardhana worship and circumambulation of the hill
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana assembled together, decorated their cows and gave them grass. Keeping the cows in front, they began to circumambulate Govardhana Hill
- The king of all kings, Maharaja Prthu, leveled all rough places on the surface of the globe by breaking up the hills with the strength of his bow. By his grace the surface of the globe almost became flat
- The ksatriyas who were afraid of Parasurama and had hidden themselves in the Caucasian hilly regions later on became known as the Abhiras, and the place they inhabited was known as Abhiradesa
- The landlord said, "I shall get you across that hilly tract at night with my own men. Now just cook for yourself and take your lunch"
- The Lord is omnipotent; simply by His will He can perform anything and everything. When the Lord appeared as Lord Krsna, He played the part of the son of Yasoda and Nanda, and He lifted the Govardhana Hill, although lifting a hill is not His concern
- The name Malayadhvaja signifies a great devotee who stands as firm as Malaya Hill and, through his propaganda, makes other devotees similarly as firm
- The natural gifts such as grains and vegetables, fruits, rivers, the hills of jewels & minerals, and the seas full of pearls are supplied by the order of the Supreme, and as He desires, material nature produces them in abundance or restricts them at times
- The Prince mistakenly addressed the Apsara: O best of saintly persons, who are you? Why are you on this hill, and what do you want to do? Are you one of the illusory potencies of the Supreme Personality of Godhead?
- The river of Srimati Radharani has reached You from a long distance - leaving far behind the tree of Her husband, breaking through the bridge of social convention, and forcibly crossing the hills of elder relatives
- The rivers, oceans, hills, mountains, forests, creepers and active drugs, in every season, paid their tax quota to the King in profusion
- The rivers, the seas, the forests, the hills and the mines, which are the supplying agents for the necessities of men and animals, were fully discharging their respective duties
- The same gopi said, "The best presentation offered by Govardhana Hill, however, is newly grown grass for the cows and calves"
- The same gopi spoke, "When all the animals and trees and plants, either on the top of Govardhana Hill or in the valley, see the dancing of the peacocks, they all stand still and listen to the transcendental sound of the flute with great attention"
- The sweet, fragrant honey oozing from newly grown mango buds is again and again attracting groups of bumblebees, and this forest is trembling in the softly moving breezes from the Malaya Hills, which are full of sandalwood trees
- The trees made a calf out of the banyan tree, and thus they derived milk in the form of many delicious juices. The mountains transformed the Himalayas into a calf, and they milked a variety of minerals into a pot made of the peaks of hills
- The two brothers Rupa and Sanatana did not climb the hill. To them also Lord Gopala granted an interview
- The two very beautiful arms of Krsna are just like long bolts. They also resemble the bodies of black snakes that enter the space between the two hill-like breasts of women and bite their hearts. The women then die from the burning poison
- The various seasons displayed their respective qualities, & all living entities in the upper planetary system, in outer space & on the surface of the earth were jubilant. The demigods, cows, the brahmanas & the hills & mountains were all filled with joy
- The vayasyas said, "This is very troublesome for us because we see that you have undertaken a severely laborious task. We think, therefore, that you need not continue to stand in that way holding the hill"
- The vayasyas said, "We are very much aggrieved to see You in this position. If You think that Sudama is not able to support Govardhan Hill, then at least You should change hands"
- The whole world is busy for sense gratification, it is anthill civilization. So much endeavor for what?
- There (on Mount Kailasa) are varieties of deer, such as karnantra, ekapada, asvasya, vrka and kasturi, the deer which bears musk. Besides the deer there are many banana trees which decorate the small hillside lakes very nicely
- There are other trees also which decorate the hill (Mount Kailash), such as the golden lotus flower, the cinnamon tree, malati, kubja, mallika and madhav
- There are other trees also which decorate the hill, such as the golden lotus flower, the cinnamon tree, malati, kubja, mallika and madhavi
- There are philosophers who, instead of purifying their activities, try to make everything zero, or void of all activities. This lack of activity is represented by the trees and the hills. This is a kind of punishment inflicted by the laws of nature
- There are tall trees with straight branches that appear to call the sweet birds, and when herds of elephants pass through the hills, it appears that the Kailasa Hill moves with them. When the waterfalls resound, it appears that Kailasa Hill does also
- There were many waterfalls on Govardhana Hill, and their flowing made a nice sound. Krsna heard them as He looked into the caves of the hill
- There, on that hill, Sukracarya brought to life all the dead demoniac soldiers who had not lost their heads, trunks and limbs. He achieved this by his own mantra, known as Samjivani
- These are all the duties of a grhastha, and they are very extensive and troublesome to execute. They are compared to a big hill over which one must cross when one is attached to material activities
- These cows had their own calves, and the calves that were grazing beneath Govardhana Hill were larger; they were not expected to drink milk directly from the milk bag but were satisfied with the grass
- These rascals, they'll not chant Hare Krsna. They want to predominate over these hills, mountains, rivers, animals. In the Bible, it is said the animals are given under the control of human beings, man. Is it not
- They (gold, jewel, pearl and valuable stones) are all nature's gifts and are produced by the hills, oceans, etc., by the order of the Lord, when man does not waste his valuable time in producing unwanted things in the name of necessities
- They appeared almost naked, skinny and frail, and did not carry any fruits or flowers. He informed Krsna that all the cowherd boys residing in Vrndavana were as still as the trees at the tops of hills
- This is Vedic civilization. There is mention of so many things, that "The grains are in abundance and the trees are full of fruits. The rivers are flowing nicely. The hills are full of minerals and the ocean full of wealth." So where is the scarcity?
- This land of Vrndavana (Vrajabhumi) is glorified today because Your (Balarama) lotus feet have touched her earth and grass, Your fingernails have touched her trees and creepers, and Your merciful eyes have glanced upon her rivers, hills, birds and beasts
- This material creation, having been created by the external energy of the Lord, is like an imaginary town visualized on a hill or in a forest
- Trees can grow anywhere and everywhere, yet because the sandalwood trees grow mostly in the area of the Malaya hills, the name sandalwood and the Malaya hills are interrelated
- When all of them (Krsna, Baladeva and Arjuna) were on a pleasure trip on the Raivata Hill, Arjuna managed to kidnap Subhadra according to the plan of Sri Krsna
- When his arrows were cut to pieces, Kartaviryarjuna uprooted many trees and hills with his own hands and again rushed strongly toward Lord Parasurama to kill him
- When Indra releases a thunderbolt, even the biggest hills and mountains crack. On the other hand, Maharaja Prthu was as tolerant as the earth itself, and he fulfilled all the desires of his citizens just like torrents of rain from the sky
- When Krsna entered the cave of the hill, Kalayavana followed, chastising Him with various harsh words. Krsna suddenly disappeared from the demon's sight, but Kalayavana followed and also entered the cave
- When no more trees were available, Dvivida took help from the hills and threw large pieces of stone, like rainfall, upon the body of Balarama. Lord Balarama, in a great sporting mood, began to smash those big pieces of stone into mere pebbles
- When Queen Arci saw that her husband (King Prthu), who had been so merciful to her and the earth, no longer showed symptoms of life, she lamented for a little while and then built a fiery pyre on top of a hill and placed the body of her husband on it
- When some brahmanas were requested by Nanda to circumambulate Govardhan Hill, they told him that they were more interested in offering benedictions than in circumambulating Govardhan Hill. This is an instance of laziness caused by self-satisfaction
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu passed through the Jharikhanda forest, He took it for granted that it was Vrndavana. When He passed over the hills, He took it for granted that they were Govardhana
- When the demon (Pralambasura) fell, he made a tremendous sound, and it sounded as if a great hill were falling upon being struck by the thunderbolt of King Indra. All the boys then rushed to the spot
- When the great sage Agastya, the son of Kumbha, was residing in the Malaya Hills and worshiping the Supreme Personality of Godhead, I approached him, and he explained to me this confidential history
- When they (the cows) were coming down the hill (of Govardhana), their milk bags were pouring milk on the ground out of intense maternal affection for the calves, although they were not their own calves
- Wherever Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stepped while dancing, the whole earth, with its hills and seas, appeared to tilt
- With physical strength and a bodily luster resembling molten gold, he emerged from the anthill a completely young man, just as fire springs from fuel wood
- Women, fourth-class men, uncivilized hill tribes, hunters and many others born of low families, as well as birds and beasts, can engage in the service of the S P of Godhead - who acts very wonderfully - and follow the path of the devotees