Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
hill | hills | hill's | hilly
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Hill"
The following 156 pages are in this category, out of 156 total.
- A drop from the ocean of Your (Caitanya's) mercy can drown great mountains like Sumeru and Mandara. Since these two gentlemen are little hills by comparison, it is no wonder that they are being drowned in the ocean of Your mercy
- A few days before a year had passed, Krsna & Balarama were maintaining the calves in the forest when They saw some cows grazing on the top of Govardhana Hill. The cows could see down into the valley where the calves were being taken care of by the boys
- A friend tells Mother Yasoda: "How wonderful it is that when the Sankhacuda demon - vast and strong as a great hill - attacked your Cupid-like beautiful son, there was no one present in Vrndavana to help. And yet the demon was killed by your little son"
- A person desiring to cross over these ritualistic ceremonies certainly feels pains like the piercing of thorns and pebbles endured by one attempting to climb a hill. Thus the conditioned soul suffers unlimitedly
- According to the instruction of Lord Krsna, Nanda Maharaja and the cowherd men called in learned brahmanas and began to worship Govardhana Hill by chanting Vedic hymns and offering prasadam
- After crossing the hills, Sanatana Gosvami told his servant, "Isana, I think you still have some balance left from the gold coins"
- After drinking, when they (the cowherd boys) were sitting on the bank of the river (Yamuna), they saw a huge animal which looked something like a heron and was as big as a hill
- After embracing their children, the men took the cows back to the top of Govardhana Hill. Along the way they began to think of their children, and affectionate tears fell from their eyes
- After hearing this statement by Krsna, Nanda Maharaja replied, "My dear boy, since You are asking, I shall arrange for a separate sacrifice for the local brahmanas & Govardhana Hill. But for the present let me execute this sacrifice known as Indra-yajna"
- After reaching Patada, he met a landholder and submissively requested him to get him across that hilly tract of land
- After this settlement was made, the landlord gave Sanatana Gosvami four watchmen to accompany him. They went through the forest path for the whole night and thus brought him over the hilly tract of land
- All the cows came immediately (down Govardhana Hill) and began to lick their bodies, and the calves also began to suck milk from the milk bags. There appeared to be a great bond of affection between the cows and calves
- An example of stillness was described by a friend of Krsna, who informed Him in Mathura that all the cowherd boys had become just like leafless trees on the tops of hills
- Another gopi began to praise the unique position of Govardhana Hill in this way: "How fortunate is this Govardhana Hill, for it is enjoying the association of Lord Krsna and Balarama, who are accustomed to walking on it"
- As far as Vrndavana's opulence is concerned, it consists of a few flowers and twigs, some minerals from the hills, a few peacock feathers and the plant known as gunja
- As soon as the people of the village had understood that the Deity was going to be installed, they had brought their entire stocks of rice, dhal & wheat flour. They brought such large quantities that the entire surface of the top of the hill was filled
- At Durvasana Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu visited the temple of Lord Ramacandra, and on the hill known as Mahendra-saila He saw Lord Parasurama
- At that time (Kaisora age) Krsna's chest challenged the hill of the marakata jewel. His arms challenged the pillars of the indranila jewel, the three lines of His waist challenged the waves of the River Yamuna, and His thighs challenged beautiful bananas
- Because men in this material world cannot lift a hill, they do not believe that the Lord can lift one. They accept the statements of Srimad-Bhagavatam to be allegorical, and they try to interpret them in their own way
- But Krsna replied, "Better take the arrangement and paraphernalia you have already made for the Indra-yajna and immediately engage them to satisfy Govardhana Hill and the local brahmanas"
- During the night's darkness, the glowworm can show some glittering power, and the snow piled up on the top of a hill or on the ground can shine during the daytime
- During the reign of Lord Ramacandra the forests, the rivers, the hills and mountains, the states, the seven islands and the seven seas were all favorable in supplying the necessities of life for all living beings
- Each (community in human society and in the animal kingdom) is to work in cooperation for the total benefit of all society, which includes not only animate objects but also inanimate objects like hills and land
- Every one of us, we are trying to control over the material energy. The big stone, big hill, they, that is material energy, but the spiritual energy, a human being, is breaking the hill by dynamite. Therefore it is superior energy
- Flowers, waterfalls, trees, fruits, hills, caves, birds, beasts, and human beings are nothing but combinations of God's energy
- Following the inauguration of Govardhana-puja, people in Vrndavana still dress nicely and assemble near Govardhana Hill to offer worship and circumambulate the hill, leading their cows all around
- Gaudiya indicates the part of India between the southern side of the Himalayan Mountains and the northern part of the Vindhya Hills, which is called Aryavarta, or the Land of the Aryans
- Generally thunderbolts are thrown on the tops of hills in order to break them to pieces. As these pieces are spread asunder in due course of time, the surface of the globe gradually becomes fit for agriculture
- Hanuman is described as being able to lift huge weights as heavy as hills and jump over the ocean. Modern astronomy has confirmed that this is indeed possible
- He (Balarama) then proceeded toward Malaya Hill. This hill is very great, and it is said to be one of seven peaks called the Malaya Hills
- He (Krsna) caught hold of him exactly as a lion catches hold of a lamb. The demon tried to expand himself like a hill to escape arrest, but Krsna did not allow him to get out of His clutches
- He (Vidura) traveled where the air, hill, orchard, river and lake are all pure and sinless and where the forms of the Unlimited decorate the temples. Thus he performed the pilgrim's progress
- He can persuade his followers to falsely imitate the rasa dance, but he is unable to lift Govardhana Hill. We have many experiences in the past of Mayavadi rascals who delude their followers by posing themselves as Krsna in order to enjoy rasa-lila
- Her (Putana's) breasts appeared like small hills, and her hair was a vast reddish bush. Her eye sockets appeared like blind wells, and her two thighs appeared like two banks of a river. Her two hands appeared like two strongly constructed bridges
- His (Lord Krsna) pastimes astound the goddess of fortune, and His bodily strength turns Govardhana Hill into a small toy like a ball. His spotless qualities are unlimited, and His behavior satisfies everyone
- Huna: The area of East Germany and part of Russia is known as the province of the Hunas. Accordingly, sometimes a kind of hill tribe is known as the Hunas
- I am a prisoner of the government, and I cannot go along the way of the ramparts. It will be very pious of you to take this money and kindly get me across this hilly tract of land
- I am always anxious to go and see the Govardhana hills in New Vrindaban and I hope Krishna will fulfill my desire as soon as possible
- I am trying to make a plan out of the description of the plot of our leased land. And the hilly portions may be name as Govardhana. Govardhana-side, the pasturing grounds for the cows may be allotted
- I am very satisfied with your behavior. I shall not accept these gold coins, but I shall get you across that hilly tract of land simply to perform a pious activity
- I do not mind a long walk, if it is flat land and not hills. Here I am walking at least 2 miles daily voluntarily
- I have these seven gold coins with me. Please accept them, and from a religious point of view please get me across that hilly tract of land
- If we do not properly execute our mission of life in self-realization, nature's punishment will render us inactive by putting us in the form of trees and hills
- In offering obeisances to the huge form of Krsna and Govardhana Hill, Krsna declared, "Just see how Govardhana Hill has assumed this huge form and is favoring us by accepting all the offerings!"
- In the midst of their excitement one of them ascertained that it was actually only a cloud on Govardhan Hill
- In this age so many factories for the manufacture of fertilizers have been opened, but when the Personality of Godhead is pleased by the performance of yajnas, the hills automatically produce fertilizing chemicals, which help produce edibles in the fields
- In this statement (to Nanda Maharaja about worshiping Govardhana Hill), Lord Krsna practically described the whole economy of the vaisya community
- In this way, Sanatana Gosvami was released. However, he was not able to walk along the path of the fortress. Walking day and night, he finally arrived at the hilly tract of land known as Patada
- Instead of wasting her (Queen Arci) time in lamentation, she immediately prepared a fiery pyre on top of a hill and then placed the body of her husband (King Prthu) on it to be burned
- It (New Vrndavana) has a farmhouse and several other structures, well, streams, hills (govardhana, as named by Swamiji) pasture grounds (a cow will be acquired soon), ghat, pond, woodland, all situated on 138 acres
- It appears that great hills and mountains also have their roaring power because they are also living entities
- Kailasa is full of mountains filled with all kinds of valuable jewels and minerals and surrounded by all varieties of valuable trees and plants. The top of the hill is nicely decorated by various types of deer
- Kalayavana began running very fast, thinking, "Now I am nearer; I will capture Him," but he could not. Krsna led him far away and entered the cave of a hill
- King Prthu was presented with various gifts from the general populace and predominating deities of all planets. The oceans and seas were full of valuable jewels and pearls, and the hills were full of chemicals and fertilizers
- Krsna also declared at that meeting, "In order to assure the good fortune of the cows and themselves, all people of Vrndavana near Govardhana must worship the hill, as prescribed by Me"
- Krsna as a boy continued, "Please construct a temple on top of that hill, and install Me in that temple. After this, wash Me with large quantities of cold water so that My body may be cleansed"
- Krsna said, "By Your (Balarama's) touching the twigs with Your fingernails, these small plants are also made glorious. As for the hills and the rivers, they too are now glorious because You are glancing at them"
- Krsna said, "I therefore request you, My dear father (Nanda), to begin a sacrifice which will satisfy the local brahmanas and Govardhana Hill, and let us have nothing to do with Indra"
- Krsna said, "There are many snakes on Govardhana Hill, and persons neglecting the prescribed duty of Govardhana-puja will be bitten by these snakes and killed"
- Krsna said, "There are palatial buildings in the cities, but we are satisfied living in this forest of Vrndavana. Our specific relationship is with Govardhana Hill and Vrndavana forest and nothing more"
- Krsna was also garlanded with flowers and painted with different colored minerals collected from the caves of Govardhana Hill. Govardhana Hill is always famous for supplying natural red oxides, and Krsna and His friends painted their bodies with them
- Later that morning, Krsna went to play with His cowherd boyfriends on the top of the Govardhana Hill. They were imitating the play of thieves and police. Some of the boys became police constables, and some became thieves, and some took the role of lambs
- Lord Krsna was very much pleased when passing through the Vrndavana forest by the site of Govardhana Hill. On the bank of the Yamuna He saw all the trees decorated with beehives pouring honey
- Modern scientific improvements also enable us to enter into stone, because they provide for excavating so many subways, penetrating the hills, etc. So , the mystic perfection of trying to enter into stone, has also been achieved by material science
- My dear Bhadravardhana, there is no need to make these threatening motions. If you will all look more closely you will see that it is only a thundercloud upon Govardhana Hill; it is not the Aristasura in the shape of a bull
- Next his (the person who was engaged in criminal sense gratification) limbs are lopped off and torn asunder by elephants. He is hurled down from hilltops, and he is also held captive either in water or in a cave
- Nobody goes to set anala, fire, in the forest. I saw davanala first in my experience at Nainital Station. Very high hill, and there was fire, blazing fire upon the hill. Nobody went there to set fire, but there was fire
- Oceans and seas produce pearls, coral and valuable jewels so that fortunate law-abiding people can utilize them. Similarly, the hills are full of chemicals so that when rivers flow down from them the chemicals spread over the fields to fertilize
- On Kailasa Hill there is always the rhythmical sound of the peacocks' sweet vibrations and the bees' humming. Cuckoos are always singing, and other birds whisper amongst themselves
- Once, Sri Madhavendra Puri traveled to Vrndavana, where he came upon the hill known as Govardhana
- One of the friends once said, "My dear cowherd friends, the sound of Krsna's flute from above Govardhan Hill is telling us that we need not go to search Him out on the bank of the Yamuna
- One of the gopis once said to her friend, "My dear beautiful friend, when Krsna, the son of Maharaj Nanda, was taking rest within the cave of a hill, He was keeping His head on the arms of Sridama, and He was putting His left hand on Dama's chest"
- Pariksit inquired from Sukadeva, "How had he achieved so much power that instantly, by his glance, Kalayavana was burned to ashes? How did he happen to be lying down in the cave of the hill?" He put many questions before Sukadeva
- People, being harassed in famine and taxation, they'll give up their hearth & home, will go to the forest and hills. Gradually, time will come when the ages will be reduced so much that a person twenty-thirty years old will be considered as grand old man
- Please bring the people of the village and get them to take Me out of this bush. Then have them situate Me nicely on top of the hill
- Sanatana Gosvami noted from Balabhadra Bhattacarya all the villages, rivers and hills where Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had performed His pastimes
- Sandalwood produced in Malaya is very popular. That province is situated on the western ghata, and the hill Nilagiri is sometimes known as Malaya Hill
- Simply with His fists He (Balarama) struck the collarbone of the gorilla (Dvivida). This blow proved fatal to Dvivida, who immediately vomited blood and fell unconscious upon the ground. When the gorilla fell, all the hills and forests appeared to totter
- Since the Deity was very heavy, some of the stronger men assembled to carry Him to the top of the hill. Madhavendra Puri also went there
- Sometimes in autumn the falls come down from the top of the hill to supply clean water, and sometimes they stop. Similarly, sometimes great saintly persons distribute clear knowledge, and sometimes they are silent
- Sometimes the merchant in the forest wants to climb the hills and mountains, but due to insufficient footwear, his feet are pricked by small stone fragments and by thorns on the mountain. Being pricked by them, he becomes very aggrieved
- Sometimes they (Pradyumna's soldiers) would see the airplane on the ground, sometimes flying in the sky, sometimes resting on the peak of a hill, and sometimes floating on the water
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Are there any deities on top of this hill?" The local people replied, "There are deities on this hill, but they are located within a cave"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu bathed in all the celebrated lakes, beginning with Lake Pavana. Thereafter He climbed a hill and spoke to the people
- Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami intended to go to Vrndavana to see the lotus feet of Rupa and Sanatana and then give up his life by jumping from Govardhana Hill
- Srila Sridhara Svami has composed a nice verse in this regard, "Let others engage in severe austerities, let others fall to the land from the tops of hills and give up their lives"
- Suddenly, on sighting the calves, the cows began to run toward them. They leaped downhill with joined front and rear legs
- The ambitious conditioned soul wants to be very happy in this material world with his family, but he is compared to a traveler in the forest who desires to climb a hill full of thorns and small stones
- The citizens of mathura continued, "Krsna held up the great Govardhana Hill in one hand for seven continuous days and saved all the people of Gokula from incessant rain, hurricane and hailstorm"
- The clouds' downpour is so profuse that the rains even fall on rocks and hills and on the oceans and seas, where there is no need for water
- The consciousness of each woman within the three worlds is certainly like a high hill, but the sweetness of Krsna's beauty is like an ocean. Even a drop of water from that ocean can flood the entire world and submerge all the high hills of consciousness
- The cowherd men who were taking care of the cows on the top of Govardhana Hill tried to stop them, but they failed. Baffled by their failure, they were feeling ashamed and angry
- The cows were so melted with affection for the calves that they did not care about the rough path from the top of Govardhana Hill down to the pasturing ground. They approached the calves with their milk bags full of milk, and raised their tails upwards
- The distilled water is taken on the sky, and as rain it drops on the ground, and it is stored on the mountain-hill. Gradually, the whole year, the water is coming down in this shape of river, and supply is there
- The first division is made between dead, stonelike matter and the living organism. A living organism is sometimes manifested even in stone. Experience shows that some hills and mountains grow. This is due to the presence of the soul within that stone
- The followers of the Krsna consciousness movement may therefore collect small rocks or pebbles from Govardhana Hill and worship them at home, because this worship is as good as Deity worship
- The form of Krsna who began to eat the offerings was separately constituted, and Krsna Himself, along with the other inhabitants of Vrndavana, offered obeisances to the Deity as well as Govardhana Hill
- The friend of Nanda Maharaja said, "Just imagine how wonderful it is! On one hand He is only a boy of seven years, and on the other hand there is a huge hill like Govardhana Hill, and He lifted it so easily"
- The Gopala Deity then returned to His own temple, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu remained at the bottom of the hill. Thus all the desires of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu were satisfied by the Gopala Deity
- The hill known as Meru is fixed in the universe as a universal pivot, and no one can move it an inch from its position; similarly, no one could ever dissuade Maharaja Prthu when he was determined
- The hills and mountains began to produce potent medicinal plants and valuable stones. Because of Krsna's presence, all these things happened very nicely, and the lower animals, who were generally envious of one another, were envious no longer
- The honest and simple cowherd men, headed by Nanda Maharaja, accepted Krsna's proposal and executed in detail everything He advised. They performed Govardhana worship and circumambulation of the hill
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana assembled together, decorated their cows and gave them grass. Keeping the cows in front, they began to circumambulate Govardhana Hill
- The Kesi demon was killed in the early morning, and after that the boys (Krsna and His friends) went to tend the cows on Govardhana Hill, and it was there that Vyomasura was killed. Both (Kesi and Vyomasura) demons were killed in the morning
- The king of all kings, Maharaja Prthu, leveled all rough places on the surface of the globe by breaking up the hills with the strength of his bow. By his grace the surface of the globe almost became flat
- The ksatriyas who were afraid of Parasurama and had hidden themselves in the Caucasian hilly regions later on became known as the Abhiras, and the place they inhabited was known as Abhiradesa
- The landlord said, "I shall get you across that hilly tract at night with my own men. Now just cook for yourself and take your lunch"
- The name Malayadhvaja signifies a great devotee who stands as firm as Malaya Hill and, through his propaganda, makes other devotees similarly as firm
- The promise of Krsna that His devotees are never vanquished had also previously been admitted by Indra when he was defeated in the Govardhana-lila
- The properties of the Lord, namely the rivers, oceans, hills, forests, etc., were all pleased, and they used to supply their respective quota of taxes to the King. The secret to success is to take refuge under the protection of the Supreme Lord
- The river of Srimati Radharani has reached You from a long distance - leaving far behind the tree of Her husband, breaking through the bridge of social convention, and forcibly crossing the hills of elder relatives
- The sacrifice known as Govardhana-puja is observed in the Krsna consciousness movement. Lord Caitanya has recommended that since Krsna is worshipable, so His land - Vrndavana and Govardhana Hill - is also worshipable
- The same gopi said, "The best presentation offered by Govardhana Hill, however, is newly grown grass for the cows and calves"
- The same gopi spoke, "When all the animals and trees and plants, either on the top of Govardhana Hill or in the valley, see the dancing of the peacocks, they all stand still and listen to the transcendental sound of the flute with great attention"
- The sweet, fragrant honey oozing from newly grown mango buds is again and again attracting groups of bumblebees, and this forest is trembling in the softly moving breezes from the Malaya Hills, which are full of sandalwood trees
- The two brothers Rupa and Sanatana did not climb the hill. To them also Lord Gopala granted an interview
- The vayasyas said, "This is very troublesome for us because we see that you have undertaken a severely laborious task. We think, therefore, that you need not continue to stand in that way holding the hill"
- The vayasyas said, "We are very much aggrieved to see You in this position. If You think that Sudama is not able to support Govardhan Hill, then at least You should change hands"
- The whole world is busy for sense gratification, it is anthill civilization. So much endeavor for what?
- Then Krsna began to eat all the food offered there. The identity of Krsna and Govardhana Hill is still honored, and great devotees take rocks from Govardhana Hill and worship them exactly as they worship the Deity of Krsna in the temples
- There (on Mount Kailasa) are varieties of deer, such as karnantra, ekapada, asvasya, vrka and kasturi, the deer which bears musk. Besides the deer there are many banana trees which decorate the small hillside lakes very nicely
- There are other trees also which decorate the hill (Mount Kailash), such as the golden lotus flower, the cinnamon tree, malati, kubja, mallika and madhav
- There are philosophers who, instead of purifying their activities, try to make everything zero, or void of all activities. This lack of activity is represented by the trees and the hills. This is a kind of punishment inflicted by the laws of nature
- There are tall trees with straight branches that appear to call the sweet birds, and when herds of elephants pass through the hills, it appears that the Kailasa Hill moves with them. When the waterfalls resound, it appears that Kailasa Hill does also
- There were many waterfalls on Govardhana Hill, and their flowing made a nice sound. Krsna heard them as He looked into the caves of the hill
- These cows had their own calves, and the calves that were grazing beneath Govardhana Hill were larger; they were not expected to drink milk directly from the milk bag but were satisfied with the grass
- These rascals, they'll not chant Hare Krsna. They want to predominate over these hills, mountains, rivers, animals. In the Bible, it is said the animals are given under the control of human beings, man. Is it not
- They appeared almost naked, skinny and frail, and did not carry any fruits or flowers. He informed Krsna that all the cowherd boys residing in Vrndavana were as still as the trees at the tops of hills
- Thinking in this way, Lord Krsna immediately picked up Govardhana Hill with one hand, exactly as a child picks up a mushroom from the ground. Thus He exhibited His transcendental pastime of lifting Govardhana Hill
- This is Vedic civilization. There is mention of so many things, that "The grains are in abundance and the trees are full of fruits. The rivers are flowing nicely. The hills are full of minerals and the ocean full of wealth." So where is the scarcity?
- This land of Vrndavana (Vrajabhumi) is glorified today because Your (Balarama) lotus feet have touched her earth and grass, Your fingernails have touched her trees and creepers, and Your merciful eyes have glanced upon her rivers, hills, birds and beasts
- Trees can grow anywhere and everywhere, yet because the sandalwood trees grow mostly in the area of the Malaya hills, the name sandalwood and the Malaya hills are interrelated
- When all of them (Krsna, Baladeva and Arjuna) were on a pleasure trip on the Raivata Hill, Arjuna managed to kidnap Subhadra according to the plan of Sri Krsna
- When everything was complete, Krsna assumed a great transcendental form and declared to the inhabitants of Vrndavana that He was Himself Govardhana Hill in order to convince the devotees that Govardhana Hill and Krsna Himself are identical
- When Krsna and Balarama saw the beautiful appearance of Vrndavana, Govardhana Hill and the banks of the river Yamuna, They felt very happy
- When Krsna entered the cave of the hill, Kalayavana followed, chastising Him with various harsh words. Krsna suddenly disappeared from the demon’s sight, but Kalayavana followed and also entered the cave
- When Krsna walks near Govardhan Hill with these personal features, all the inhabitants of the heavenly planets, as well as the inhabitants of this earth, feel transcendental bliss and consider themselves the eternal servants of the Lord
- When no more trees were available, Dvivida took help from the hills and threw large pieces of stone, like rainfall, upon the body of Balarama. Lord Balarama, in a great sporting mood, began to smash those big pieces of stone into mere pebbles
- When Queen Arci saw that her husband (King Prthu), who had been so merciful to her and the earth, no longer showed symptoms of life, she lamented for a little while and then built a fiery pyre on top of a hill and placed the body of her husband on it
- When some brahmanas were requested by Nanda to circumambulate Govardhan Hill, they told him that they were more interested in offering benedictions than in circumambulating Govardhan Hill. This is an instance of laziness caused by self-satisfaction
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu passed through the Jharikhanda forest, He took it for granted that it was Vrndavana. When He passed over the hills, He took it for granted that they were Govardhana
- When the demon (Pralambasura) fell, he made a tremendous sound, and it sounded as if a great hill were falling upon being struck by the thunderbolt of King Indra. All the boys then rushed to the spot
- When the rainy season was not ended completely but was gradually turning to autumn, sometimes, especially when there was rainfall within the forest, Krsna and His companions would sit under a tree or within the caves of Govardhana Hill
- When they (the cows) were coming down the hill (of Govardhana), their milk bags were pouring milk on the ground out of intense maternal affection for the calves, although they were not their own calves
- Wherever Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stepped while dancing, the whole earth, with its hills and seas, appeared to tilt
- While Krsna was engaged in tending the cows in the forest of Vrndavana or on Govardhana Hill, the gopis in the village were always absorbed in thinking of Him and discussing His different pastimes
- Women, fourth-class men, uncivilized hill tribes, hunters and many others born of low families, as well as birds and beasts, can engage in the service of the S P of Godhead - who acts very wonderfully - and follow the path of the devotees