Questions On... Sadhana
Pages in category "Questions On... Sadhana"
The following 71 pages are in this category, out of 71 total.
- A lot of devotees, they never read the books, but they're doing the chanting. It will progress them without reading the books, because they're the most important?
- Are they supposed to chant the mantra throughout the day?
- Are we supposed to chant twenty-four hours?
- Are your disciples supposed to chant the mantra all the time?
- At one time, you had instructed that all the children should attend the main class. They say that some of the very small children have trouble to keep their attention...
- Daily how many times you'll utter the names of Lord Krsna?
- Did you work out the spiritual disciplines for the group yourself? I mean about the morning chanting and the recital of the two thousand Hare Krsnas a day and... Did you work those out yourself?
- Do they have to practice every day?
- Do you have classes on Caitanya-caritamrta?
- Do you think the type of life that your devotees must lead... is in fact a happy one, getting up very early in the morning?
- Does it matter what the specific thing is, like not killing a cow or like chanting or are there many specific things that people can do for love of God and for discipline that will serve the same purpose?
- He's asking a question, Srila Prabhupada: isn't it important to mold the activities of ourselves and also the children in coming to this movement; to mold them that so that we can become Krsna conscious?
- He's saying did you think of these things yourself, to chant on the beads and follow the program in the morning, have you made these up yourself?... Who originated those steps?
- How can the purification process, Prabhupada, be carried through the average life, twenty-four hours a day?
- How can we get this perfect knowledge and how can we practice it if we're like prisoners?
- How does one practice to keep the mind from being restless?
- How many minutes do you recommend a day? How many minutes do you chant?
- I said, "If you are not going to bathe at least get out of bed and come to aratik." But he wouldn't even do that much. So what can you do under these conditions when you tell somebody, you can't physically twist their arm?
- If all that is required is chanting Hare Krsna, why do we have the pictures and the clothes and the instruments and the altar and Lord Jagannatha?
- If our chanting is a form of prayer?
- If someone cannot chant sixteen rounds a day...?
- If we can become Krsna conscious without following the rules and regulations, why follow the rules and regulations? That's what I was thinking a while ago
- If we chant more than sixteen rounds, can we chant bhaja sri-krsna-caitanya in our japa?
- In a situation where there's a choice between say chanting and reading. Is chanting a better activity than reading?
- Initiated devotee, and he follows those four regulative principles and chants sixteen rounds, will he go back to Godhead?
- Is it all right to finish rounds in the temple when there's nothing to do?
- Is it better to chant the Hare Krsna mantra loud or is it better hide the mantra?
- Is it possible for a saint at certain stage of sadhana to perform miracles?
- Is it true that if I follow the regulative principles, the four, that I will be able to chant without offense?
- Is number important in chanting? It has to be certain number, or you can just chant?
- Is that (all of your initiated disciples should chant twenty-five rounds minimum on ekadasi) a rule that we should all follow in our temples?
- Is the prayer communal, where all take part in the prayer, or is it individual?
- Is there any difference in (indistinct) when somebody is chanting japa under the tree and someone who is chanting japa in the temple?
- Prabhupada, if we follow these four regulative principles and chant sixteen rounds sincerely every day, all this nonsense knowledge will eventually be forgotten?
- Prabhupada, sometimes I've seen devotees say that they did not like to chant in the temple room with the opposite...
- Prabhupada, when we do our chanting, the chanting beads contain 108 beads. Why is this, and why do we chant sixteen rounds?
- Practice and vairagya both are necessary, not only vairagya. No?
- Should we chant japa now, Srila Prabhupada?
- Should we try to go fast when we chant, in order to get the rounds done?
- Should you count every day how much japa you do?
- So a neophyte devotee who's following the principles of sadhana-bhakti is still considered pure devotee?
- Srila Prabhupada, if after finishing one's sixteen rounds of the maha-mantra...?
- Srila Prabhupada. You're very, very regulated, almost down to the minute in your activities. This is also a big help in utilizing time?
- Suppose if we don't follow it (the counting of number of rounds on japa), it's not beneficial?
- Swamiji? Should we read just one chapter a day? No more?
- We should say prayers in the morning at one hour and a half before sunrise?
- We should wait for sunrise to say our Gayatri?
- What are the methods used in attaining Krsna consciousness?
- What if the person cannot chant sixteen rounds a day? He says, "I can't..."
- What is the most important part of it (it means to be fixed up in (indistinct) spiritual life. Just like in military there is training. You must have to do at this time this thing, this time, this time... So any training means regulated life)?
- What is the use of practice, if you practice or you don't practice you still get the same result?
- What is your day like, typical day? In the morning, what time you get up? Your day, how do you spend the day?
- What you are doing by chanting is kind of...?
- What's the purpose of that rising? What's the purpose of that, the rising at 4:30, the chanting and study?
- When finally man comes to the conclusion that his mind is chaotic - there is no order - when he admits this to himself and he looks to find a way to purify his mind, will not the spiritual sadhana open up naturally?
- When should we read the Krsna book?
- When you're typing, should you think of Krsna first and your typing second?
- Why do we bother to preach? Why not just sit and do our bhajana?
- Why not less or more (we have chosen this sixteen as a number to chant the rounds)?
- Why that (we have chosen this sixteen as a number to chant the rounds) sixteen minimum?