dhanvantari | dhanvantaris | dhanvantari's
- "the inaugurator of medical science"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Dhanvantari"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.
- Hamsa and Mohini are not permanent, but Kapila, Dattatreya, Rsabha, Dhanvantari and Vyasa are five eternal forms, and they are more celebrated
- His body had all good features, he was stout and strong like a lion, and he was decorated with bangles. In his hand he carried a jug filled to the top with nectar
- The Asvini-kumaras were expert in Ayur-veda, as was Dhanvantari. In every department of material science, there is a perfection to be achieved, and to achieve it one must consult the Vedic literature
- The son of Dhanvantari was Ketuman, and his son was Bhimaratha. The son of Bhimaratha was Divodasa, and the son of Divodasa was Dyuman, also known as Pratardana
- There (in the Laghu-bhagavatamrta) is also a description of twenty-five lila-avataras, namely Dhanvantari, Mohini, Vamana, Parasurama, Dasarathi, Krsna-dvaipayana, Balarama, Vasudeva, Buddha and Kalki
- This person was Dhanvantari, a plenary portion of a plenary portion of Lord Visnu. He was very conversant with the science of medicine, and as one of the demigods he was permitted to take a share in sacrifices
- To live within this material world, one must face many dangers, as described herein (SB 6.8.18). For example, undesirable food poses a danger to health, and therefore one must give up such food. The Dhanvantari incarnation can protect us in this regard