Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"Ayurvedic" | "Ayur-vedic" | "Ayur-veda" | "Ayurveda"
- medical science
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
- ► Kapha (9 P)
- ► Kapha, Pitta, Vayu - Mucus, Bile, Air - Water, Fire, Air (16 C, 15 P)
- ► Medicine (7 C, 124 P)
- ► Pitta (8 P)
- ► Vayu (8 C, 36 P)
Pages in category "Ayur-veda"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.
- According to Ayur-vedic medical science the three items kapha, pitta and vayu (phlegm, bile and air) maintain the physiological condition of the body
- According to Ayur-vedic sastra, we understand that there is a fire in the stomach which digests all food sent there
- According to Ayur-vedic sastra, we understand that there is a fire in the stomach which digests all food sent there. When the fire is not blazing there is no hunger, and when the fire is in order we become hungry
- According to Ayur-vedic treatment, it is said that if one has a high fever, someone should splash him with water after gargling this water. In this way the fever subsides
- According to Ayur-vedic treatment, the entire physiological system is conducted by three elements, namely vayu, pitta and kapha (air, bile and mucus)
- According to the Ayur-vedic system, when the secretion of bile and formation of mucus disturb the air circulating within the body, fifty-nine varieties of diseases may occur. One such disease is craziness
- Asavam is an Ayur-vedic medical preparation; it is not a liquor. It is especially made from drugs and is meant to improve metabolism for the healthy condition of the body
- Ayur-vedic treatment concerns itself with the cause of these three elements, which are mentioned in many places in the Bhagavatam as the basic conditions of the body
- Formerly every brahmana used to learn these two sciences, Ayur-veda and Jyotir-veda
- From the Ayur-veda as well as from the Srimad-Bhagavatam it is clear that so many activities are going on internally and externally because of air alone, and as soon as there is some deficiency in the air circulation, these activities cannot take place
- I am undergoing the treatment of an ayurvedic physician celebrated to be the best there is in the area, and I think I am feeling a little better. Anyway, as soon as I am a little fit, I shall return to you by the Grace of Krishna
- Immediately everything will be arranged, the history. That is Ayurvedic. He will not ask, "Give me the history." He'll study the history from the pulse. That is Ayurvedic
- In Ayur-veda, cow dung dried and burned into ashes is used as toothpowder. It is very antiseptic toothpowder
- In the medical science of the ancient sages, known as the Ayur-veda, there is definite acceptance of the Lord s supremacy
- It is said in the smrti-sastra as well as in the Ayur-veda that when the discharge of the male is greater, male children are begotten, but when the discharge of the female is greater, female children are begotten
- It is said, according to the Ayur-vedic medical science, that if one is free from anxieties he generally becomes fat
- Sanjivani means giving life. Even a dead man can get life by drinking that medicine. It is a strong tonic. It is still used in Ayurvedic medicine, and some of the biggest manufacturer of Ayurvedic medicine, they prepare, and it has a good sale
- Sexual intercourse in which the husband is attracted to the wife is sure to produce a male child, but sexual intercourse based on attraction of the wife for the husband may produce a girl. That is mentioned in the Ayur-veda
- The Asvini-kumaras were expert in Ayur-veda, as was Dhanvantari. In every department of material science, there is a perfection to be achieved, and to achieve it one must consult the Vedic literature
- The Ayurveda-sastra recommends, ausadhi cintayet visnum: even while taking medicine, one should remember Visnu, because the medicine is not all and all and Lord Visnu is the real protector
- The ayurvedic system is to take ½ of what you can eat only, the fill ¼ with water and leave ¼ for air. That will make for proper digestion. Little rice, dahl, some vegetables, some chopaties, like that, but eat right to the point to keep health steady
- The Ayurvedic system of eating is to decide how much you can comfortably eat, then take half of that amount, filling the remaining half one quarter with water and leaving one quarter for air
- The controlling deity of the rivers is also the controlling deity of the nervous system. In Ayur-vedic treatment, those who are suffering from the disease of nervous instability are recommended to take a bath by dipping into a flowing river
- The ocean is considered to be the presiding deity of the abdomen, where the feelings of hunger and thirst originate. When there is an irregularity in hunger and thirst, one is advised, according to Ayur-vedic treatment, to take a bath in the ocean
- The urine of a cow is salty, and according to Ayur-vedic medicine the cow's urine is very effective in treating patients suffering from liver trouble
- This body, according to Ayurvedic system of medicine, this body is made of three elements - kapha, pitta, vayu: mucus, bile, and cough
- Tri-dhatuke: This is the bag of three elements: kapha, pitta, vayu. Kapha, pitta, vayu. According to Ayurvedic system, they are called tri-dhatu. So this body is made of material elements: kapha, pitta, vayu