Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... Modern Science and Scientists
Pages in category "Questions On... Modern Science and Scientists"
The following 195 pages are in this category, out of 195 total.
- All they're (the scientists) doing is creating the conditions for the jiva to enter, actually. Isn't it?
- And inside these people doing this work (modern science), is it Krsna? Or what is it makes them do the work?
- And Maharaja, are they (the doctors) able to increase the life by a single moment?
- Any of the sciences at all (should be taught)?
- Are they able to increase the life by a single moment?
- Are you interested to know how we produce anti-matter in our laboratories from...?
- Are you, sir, writing off all scientists because they've failed to understand the spiritual dimension in life?
- Bacteriology, study of germs. So Srila Prabhupada, the reason one person gets a disease from a germ and another person doesn't get a disease, it is karma?
- Because scientists cannot enter into the actual activity on the moon planet, technically, according to Bhagavata, they have not reached there?
- Biology (should be taught)?
- But are you not giving credit ("If you want little credit by experimenting, hydrogen, oxygen mixed together, then how much credit should be given who has created the vast Atlantic Ocean, not only one, millions! Why don't you give credit?")?
- But even accepting their idea that things are produced from chemical reactions, who is creating the chemical reactions?
- But how can that (real process is devotion) be scientifically presented? How can we accept that scientifically?
- But how can they (scientists) prove the existence of the soul through experiment?
- But if we don't make the research, then how will we ever solve these problems?
- But in all humility, Srila Prabhupada, supposing that they would succeed in actually creating the living cell artificially, what would we say?
- But what of our efforts to conquer cancer and tuberculosis (no, we do not say that we are making progress like you. We are trying to make spiritual progress. We are servant of God. We never say that we are very big men)?
- But who wants to make eggs (write in the paper that, Prabhupada was speaking like that, a challenge to the scientist: Is there any scientist who can make an egg which is put in the incubator and gradually it comes to become)?
- Can a scientist teach the science of combining acid and alkaline and this kind of science with Krsna as its object?
- Can the scientists control that, the type of genes, the kinds of body, the child will get?
- Can we say that the living entity is there, and that he is the one that makes the molecules and the atoms come together to form a body just like the scientists give explanation? No? We can't?
- Cannot be done, then (take the chemicals and combine them together in a test tube so that a soul can enter into)?
- Created a new species, Prabhupada?
- Did these dinosaurs exist, or is it just their imagination?
- Do they know the cause of cancer?
- Do you defy by trying to learn His mayadhyaksena suyate prakrtih sa-caracaram (you defy Krsna)?
- Do you think Swamiji, the scientists would be able to create life as they...?
- Does that (there is smaller particles than the atom) mean the electrons?
- Don't you think that the scientists have done good things but people have...?
- Even if they mix hydrogen and oxygen to get water, still, where does the hydrogen and oxygen come from?
- Even if we see the seven colors in the laboratory with instruments, we still don't understand the even simpler facts of which that is composed. There may be seven colors, but how to understand those?
- Even though several million years ago they find no evidence in the rocks...?
- Every time I make lot of rats, I'm asking for rat souls. Why then I can do it? When I can, or when I want them to be here, they will be here, not on the will of God
- Everything is occuring by explosions. In our mind an explosion occurs, and we start believing in God. So that is not that, sir. I think they (the scientists) are misguided. How can anything happen without a supreme power?
- Has there ever been debates on the authenticity of modern science, or is this the first time modern science has been challenged in the world?
- How are they able to perpetuate such an enormous hoax (ask all scientists this simple question. Why, all over the world, Sunday, sun first and moon second? Why? And Saturday last. All of you could not answer this question)?
- How can we force the scientists to accept Bhagavad-gita?
- How do they know it's not millions of years ago
- How do you view the development of the potential for nuclear explosions in India?
- How does it react? Potassium cyanide? It blocks the oxygen path? That's what science says?
- How does that fit in with the species of life, Srila Prabhupada, when they combine two different species, artificial?
- How long would the planets float if it was put in the hands of a scientist?
- How many of us are scientists here?
- How they measured it (the life-span of atoms)?
- How will you prove it (the gas came from ether, and ether came from mind, and mind came from intelligence, and intelligence came from the soul)?
- How would you prove that all of them (the single elements alone in the body do not have life) combined together don't have life? How would you prove that?
- I could mention a lot of names that are still very close to God and brilliant men in science... Where would we be without our scientists, without our doctors, medicine? They all have to go to university and get a degree before they...
- I don't know how geologists date earth layers but let's say the deepest layer is only five hundred years old, but still the ones on top are newer. So in the lowest layer, there are no chariots, cities?
- I understand that Hare Krsna is a scientific movement. Do you think that there is a scientific explanation for the way in which personal enlightenment by simply chanting Hare Krsna?
- If by our karma we desire a certain type of body but they create all the bodies to be the same, how is that? But men are tampering with the bodies.
- If it is inconceivable, then they will say how we can conceive it (earth is round and flat both, together. First we should reply it is acintya. This should be the reply. Inconceivable)?
- If some scientist can change the genes so that the jiva can have a different kind of body, he still would have the previous desires?
- If the scientists of the world become little bit directed and they use their science to glorify Krsna, then they're actually practicing yoga?
- If they've wrongly calculated the distance of the moon, then how is it that they're able to calculate these eclipses and whatever?
- If you make a scientific proposition that "Because I am, the body moves," that is your scientific proposition?
- In Berkeley University, one Indian student asked me, "Swamiji, what this Hare Krsna movement will benefit? We require technology"
- In college if they start to study biology or zoology, it involves killing animals, dissection. Is that a sin?
- In other words, they are theorizing that "Death is a very peaceful state of sleeping. Why are we protesting so much"?
- In our world here, there are material scientists and they understand things in a particular way. They understand, for instance... Suppose, on the heavenly planets, there must also be a class of men who understand things...
- In the modern world the engineers are designing everything. So how can an engineer use his talent for Krsna?
- In the ocean they have air? In the ocean is there air? What is the chemical combination of water?
- In the scientific terminology the eternality of the soul can be compared with the conservation of energy?
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam, in one of your purports, you mention that great scientists like Einstein, Newton and Chandra Bose had such great brains, but who has created their brain?
- In the wrong direction? They're inquiring (scientists)?
- In these rocks the upper one is older according to their calculation by geological dating method and the younger one is at the bottom… So how do we explain these things? How do we explain from our point of view? The upside down of the rocks
- In this time, modern science, you know, physics, chemistry, mathematics; is this all materialism?
- In your opinion, is it impossible for somebody to be a scientist and not to believe in God?
- In your teachings you say the sun is the only self-illuminous body in the universe, whereas the scientists say that there is many millions of stars that are in the sky that are also self-illuminous
- Is it a chemical state that some people are more covered than others by the modes of nature?
- Is it possible of making some experiments which would tend to indicate that life is not material? And this might be appealing to some of the people with scientific education, because they are used to such things, experiments
- Is it possible that man could ever make even a one-celled living being?
- Is it possible to create a suitable environment for life to enter?
- Is it possible to do some experiments (everywhere there is living entity. It is impossible to conclude that on other planets there is no living entity. It is not possible)?
- Is it safe to compare scientific advancement with Bhagavata, like Darwin and Bhagavatam?
- Is modern science materialism, Prabhupada? Is it materialism?
- Is that why people are making these machines, because they can't remember? Is that a sign of Kali that there's more machines to help people?
- Is their calculation for the distance of the sun wrong also?
- Isn't it shells from the animals (from the rocks it is... They call it weathering. The weather makes it ground up from the rocks. This is their theory)?
- It is all coming from Krsna, though, isn't it (maya empowering the scientists to come up with nonsense)?
- Just like if five thousand years from now some archeologists came to Los Angeles, which is all covered over, who knows what they may dig up? What will they conclude from their findings? That all of Los Angeles was made up of monkeys?
- Just like the child, Srila Prabhupada, who was trying to find the sound within the drum, the material scientists are trying to find out the cause and effect of the material world. Is that not intelligence?
- Now suppose we take so many chemicals from the earth and they may become a little depleted. Can those chemicals be replaced by the earth itself as the ongoing process of nature?
- Now they give so much importance to the person who is able to transplant kidney from one body to the other, but how about the whole human being or the universe which has been created by God?
- One devotee asked me, "If the scientists don't know anything about the universe, then how is it they can predict exactly when there is going to be an eclipse of the sun or the moon for hundreds of years in advance?"
- One of our Godbrothers asked why the inductive knowledge is so successful, especially to scientists?
- Otherwise, why is it happening like that (you can understand, just the one grain of poison, potassium cyanide. You touch on your tongue, immediately whole body becomes poisoned. How the molecules spread immediately)?
- People accept them (the rebirth cases in medical bulletins)?
- Prabhupada says how can they (scientists) see?
- Prabhupada, in case, for example some scientist makes a change, like if the scientist comes and cuts off my hand, that's also my karma. In that way he's not making a change. Everything that is happening is God's plan?
- Prabhupada, on the one hand you say the scientists are rascals, and on the other you say not to condemn them?
- Prabhupada, when they said they went to the moon and they showed films of them landing and walking on the moon, was this all a bluff?... They all made it up?
- Prabhupada, you know the scientist you quoted in Easy Journey? You quoted an article from the newspaper in Easy Journey about the two scientists who were studying anti-matter?
- Purchase at least four vehicles. Right. I think some scientist should also come with us, Srila Prabhupada (laughter), in case we meet anyone very intelligent, we need a scientific mind to defeat them. So Svarupa Damodara can come with us?
- Science almost denies the existence of God in order to exist, doesn't it?
- Science is based on experimentation. They will argue, "So how can we experiment with the theories that you are putting forward?"
- Scientists say there's no soul?
- Scientists, they have their mental process, but what is our process to understand this knowledge?
- Should it also be taught how you make water from hydrogen and oxygen?
- Silicic acid (acid is liquid)?
- So actually, they have not advanced technologically from the civilizations of Ravana's time?
- So couldn't the scientists say that it's God's will that when there is a...?
- So how can the scientists arrive at vasudevah sarvam iti?
- So how does science fit in with all of this?
- So how we will expose it before scientists?
- So if a scientist or someone who has some degree in science comes to our movement, should we encourage him to try to prove through science the Krsna conscious principle of transmigration and eternal quality of the soul?
- So the proof that one accepts for something which is beyond our sense is not necessarily scientific?
- So the scientists' conception of atom is wrong?
- So then why he (Dr. Rao) didn't scientifically try to find out more?
- So this experimental knowledge should be strictly kept in the scientific realm. You know, discussion...? Because you asked me before to write on...?
- So this, our science, is a science of maya. Not the science of spirit. Am I right?
- So we are clarifying a scientific proposition with our philosophy?
- So we do not accept this (they calculate that it's only 4.5 billion year old, the earth)?
- So we will attract the scientists by saying that we are both fools?... Before we were saying that we were both fools. Is that the way to attract the scientists?
- So what is the problem (if you are really scientist, you take the egg; analyze what chemicals are there. They are able to analyze, and they also have the chemicals)?
- So you completely write off anybody who says that there should be a step of faith. And would you, in other words... So you would say that science can prove that God exists?
- Sometimes when we are speaking, people say, in the questions they say, "Why do you say this is a science? It seems that this must be belief
- Spectograph?... Has to do with light?
- Srila Prabhupada, how should they set out to prove it, though? We've proved it by giving scriptural evidence. But how should a scientist do it?
- Srila Prabhupada, is it all right to include that, these ninety-two chemical elements as finer, er, finer form of earth?
- Srila Prabhupada, is maya especially empowering the scientists to come up with nonsense?
- Srila Prabhupada, the material scientists are so inquisitive, yet they are leading lives like cats and dogs, how can they come to...?
- Srila Prabhupada, what about in mineralogy? Scientists have proven that, for example, mountains are growing by sedimentary activity
- Srila Prabhupada, what about the heart transplant? The spirit soul is within the heart, but when the... in the medical science nowadays, the old heart can be replaced by a new one. So what happens with the spirit soul with the old one?
- Srila Prabhupada, what do you think about the so-called primordial flux?... The primordial flux, they call it. That nature has supplied such nice samples, elements, like potassium, argon, and this...
- Suppose that they (scientists and teachers) acknowledge the fact that they do not know, but they challenge, "How do you know what you believe is right?"
- That (Genesis) is just some story. Why should we believe it? There's nothing else to believe. Why not believe this Darwin?
- That will be it? The scientist and the egg?
- The findings (laboratory test on all the devotees), even if they are published will not profit?
- The living entities, when the soul is inside a body, they're much more flexible than the, the aeroplanes or cars that are made by the scientists?
- The material world itself is temporary. So the scientists still make it much more temporary?
- The modern scientific research means to increase the demands of the body, the bodily demands?
- The most remarkable thing is these so-called scientists, is that they believe in the most unscientific statement. Like this long time period is the most unscientific. So how can they claim as scientists?
- The question I have, Prabhupada is that before scientific advancement, many people would listen to, like, scriptural knowledge. But now they listen more to scientists
- The real question between this statement of Mr. Professor and you is that what is religion and what is science? Unless the nature of science and religion defined...
- The scientists would use the same argument. The scientists would say, "Well, since I have not experienced that I am eternal, therefore how can I accept that I am eternal?"
- The scientists, they cannot understand the (indistinct), they can understand what is the relationship between the world of ideas, the world of names, and the world that they see. How can we explain what that means?
- The space uniform, you don't feel that is adequate?
- Their (scientists') theory may be right about how the body forms, but they're missing the soul?
- Their statement that life started from matter can be disproved very easily?
- There are some astronomers who have the correct understanding?
- There is no question of belief. The question is whether, what is the difference between religion and science?
- They (the scientists) can't create a machine that will act like a human?
- They (the so-called scientists) would say, "How can we believe Krsna?"
- They are thinking that the technology will free them... The technology cannot...?
- They may say “What is the use of creating an egg?”
- They say that men are living longer now. The scientists, they say that there's less disease. They say that a hundred years ago people had more disease than... ?
- This laghima siddhi is also being attained by the material scientists?
- We can show these atomic rings?
- We can't understand that it's green and that it grows (whatever nature is already there. Nature of the leaf is already there, but you cannot understand it by speculating)?
- We have talked to scientists who say that the size of the brain has nothing to do with intelligence. Do you believe that?
- Well how does it become scientific (as soon as you say that "We Christians, we believe," then it is misbelief. It is not scientific)?
- Well, I don't quite understand how you say you go to the moon planet and die. What about the space suits or living inside a spaceship on the moon
- Well, what about before they had botanists? They didn't know anything about leaves before?
- What about cross-breeding, when they change the (seeds)...? Cross-breeding
- What about the half-life of certain elements?
- What about the scientists, Srila Prabhupada? They are very inquisitive, they are trying to find out the cause of the material world
- What about these..., the artificial hearts that they are making?
- What do you think about the human being's science?
- What do you understand is man's place in nature? Should he invent, let's say, electricity? Should he invent machines? Do you think these are good or should he just leave those alone?
- What have the scientists got to gain by bluffing?
- What is evolution, according to the Vedas? What is this evolution that is talked about by the scientists?
- What is the point then (of a new picture of Mars), Prabhupada? Just to take money and use it some other way?
- What is this scientific (young boy, young girl, they began to discuss on sex openly as scientific)?
- What is your correlation between belief and science?
- What should the scientists' role?
- When the scientists say "species," they mean different types of bodies?
- When the scientists say that the earth spins around this way very quickly, then his point is valid. Why we don't fall off or why we don't feel good?
- When they release the atomic energy, where does that energy come from?
- Where did the astronauts go?
- Why are the so-called scientists trying to make the common people believe that...?
- Why do they (the so-called scientists) want to fool the people?
- Why don't they (scientists) search for real knowledge?
- Why is it that people are so disinclined to listen to our authority - that they all take the scientists' authority - if it's just one authority or another?
- Why not just make one big sun, big scientists?
- Why should they accept Krsna as authority over Darwin authority?
- Why...(Darwin was a number-one nonsense. Yes. Rascal. He has confused the whole world)?
- With due respect, I want to know what is the line of demarcation between science and religion?
- Would it be possible for them (scientists) to make a body and have a living entity enter into it?
- Would it be possible to run scientific tests on the chanting, the sound of Hare Krsna, to make a distinction between that sound and the sound of an automobile's horn? Would that be perceptible?
- Would you accept conclusions from science that..., only if it agreed with the Vedic scriptures?
- Would you like to give your views on psychiatry?
- Wouldn't it be more sincere if these people, these scientists said, "We don't want to be taken out of this dream, that with our senses and with all the machines built on senses we will be able to make it"? But they don't want to be taken out of that dream
- Yes. Can you scientifically prove this, sir (you'll get next body according to that mentality)? I mean is it purely a matter of belief or...
- You could explain something of what the scientists are always talking about, mutation and variation, and how one species evolves from another species?
- You say you do know, so why don't you produce it (soul) and put it back in the body and make it work?
- You told to that gentleman that the scientists, they thought that they have been on the moon planet, but does that actually mean they went to another planet than the moon planet?
- You want to say that the astronomers are the mistaken. The astronomers have been mistaken to say all these things?
- You were saying that all the scientists are fools and rascals but they may challenge, "How has your knowledge benefited you?"
- You were saying that the children should learn these three, geography and these things, and I wanted to know if they should also learn what they call biology, that is how the body is working, what are the bones and blood and...
- You were saying yesterday how foolish it is to think that God is creating planets without putting any life on them. The scientists are saying there is no life on any planet. Then why would He create a planet unless there was life on it?