Caitanya and Jagannatha Temple
Pages in category "Caitanya and Jagannatha Temple"
The following 70 pages are in this category, out of 70 total.
- Actually, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was always merged in ecstatic emotion, but just as a potter's wheel turns without the potter's touching it, the Lord's bodily activities, like bathing, going to the temple to see Lord Jagannatha, and taking lunch
- After circumambulating the temple, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for some time remained at the rear of the temple and continued His sankirtana
- After circumambulating the tomb of Haridasa Thakura, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to the Simha-dvara gate of the Jagannatha temple. The whole city chanted in congregation, and the tumultuous sound vibrated all over the city
- After concluding His pastimes in the water, Lord Govinda returned to His residence. Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to the temple, taking all His devotees with Him
- After His sannyasa rod was broken by Nityananda Prabhu, Caitanya Mahaprabhu apparently became very angry and left His company to travel alone to the Jagannatha temple
- After receiving the Bhattacarya's permission, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to see Lord Jagannatha in the temple. He took the Bhattacarya with Him
- After seeing Lord Jagannatha, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu left the temple. The Bhattacarya then took Him to the house of Kasi Misra
- After seeing the temple of Jagannatha from a distant place, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately became ecstatic. After offering obeisances to the temple, He began to dance in the ecstasy of love of God
- After taking His bath early in the morning, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would go see Lord Jagannatha in the temple. Then He would perform sankirtana with His devotees
- After visiting the temple, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would remain outside during the upala-bhoga offering. He would then go meet Haridasa Thakura and return to His residence
- Also in that chapter is a description of how Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu fell down in front of the Simha-dvara gate of the Jagannatha temple, His bones separated at the joints, and how various transcendental symptoms awakened in Him
- Also in that chapter is a description of how the Lord examined Govinda and how He danced in the temple
- At this time Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu circumambulated the temple of Jagannatha and continuously danced about the whole area
- Early the following morning, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to see Lord Jagannatha in the temple, and He saw the Lord rise from His bed
- Every day Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to see the upala-bhoga ceremony at the temple of Jagannatha, and after seeing this He used to go visit these three great personalities on His way to His own residence
- Every day Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would go to see Rupa Gosvami, and whatever prasadam He received from the temple He would deliver to Rupa Gosvami and Haridasa Thakura
- Has the Lord gone to the temple of Jagannatha, or has He fallen down in madness in some garden
- Having offered obeisances to Lord Nrsimhadeva, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu visited the temple of Lord Jagannatha. Then He returned to His residence, finished His noon duties and took His lunch
- Having received Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's permission, Ramananda Raya hastily went to the temple of Lord Jagannatha. Who can understand the devotional service of Raya Ramananda
- Hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu smiled and sat down to eat. The Bhattacarya, with great pleasure, first offered Him the prasadam from the Jagannatha temple
- I have heard that the residential quarters of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are near the temple of Jagannatha. But I shall not have the power to go near the temple
- In ecstasy, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went from Atharanala to the temple of Jagannatha. After seeing Lord Jagannatha, He became very restless due to love of Godhead
- In the beginning of the day, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw the Deity of Lord Jagannatha in the temple. He offered Him obeisances and prayers and danced and sang before Him
- In this way, Sanatana Gosvami stayed under the care of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He would see the wheel on the pinnacle of the Jagannatha temple and offer respectful obeisances
- Just then, everyone heard the blowing of the conchshell at the Jagannatha temple. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately took His bath and went to see Lord Jagannatha
- Just then, the upala-bhoga ceremony of Lord Jagannatha concluded, and the devotees who had accompanied Lord Caitanya to the temple took Him back home
- Kasisvara Gosani was a very strong man, and therefore when Lord Caitanya visited the temple of Jagannatha, he used to protect the Lord from the crowds. Another of his duties was to distribute prasadam to the devotees after kirtana
- Kasisvara used to usher Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu into the Jagannatha temple. He would precede the Lord into the crowd and keep the people from touching Him
- Lord Caitanya never even heard the prayers of the deva-dasis offered in the temple of Jagannatha because a sannyasi is forbidden to hear songs sung by the fair sex
- Lord Caitanya's residence should be very secluded and also near the temple of Jagannatha. Please consider this proposal and give me a nice place for Him
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went swiftly to embrace Lord Jagannatha, but when He entered the temple, He was so overwhelmed with love of Godhead that He fainted to the floor
- On the next day, after visiting the temple of Jagannatha as usual, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu met Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, Ramananda Raya and Svarupa Damodara
- One day, when Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to visit the temple of Lord Jagannatha, the gatekeeper at the Simha-dvara approached Him and offered respectful obeisances
- One day, while Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was looking at Lord Jagannatha in the temple, Lord Jagannatha appeared to be personally Sri Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya cried in great ecstatic love. Then the Lord, accompanied by them all, went to the temple of Jagannatha
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu advised, "Immediately go to Lord Jagannatha's temple to see the Lord. Then go home and meet your family members"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu laughed, cried, danced and made many ecstatic vibrations and sounds. Although the temple was only six miles away, to Him the distance seemed thousands of miles
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu merged the entire world into the ocean of ecstatic love by performing His beautiful dances within the temple of Jagannatha. He danced exquisitely and jumped high
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu next asked Ramananda Raya, "Have you already visited the temple of the lotus-eyed Lord Jagannatha?" Ramananda Raya replied, "I shall now go visit the temple"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very pleased with this humble statement. After embracing the Bhattacarya, He said, "Now go see Lord Jagannatha in the temple"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went with them to see the Lord in the temple, and on that day He also took lunch in the company of all those devotees
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would regularly visit the temple of Jagannatha every day, and at that time Govinda, His personal servant, used to carry His waterpot and go with Him
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would wash His feet in this ditch, and then He would enter the temple to see Lord Jagannatha
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, His left side toward the Deity, offered obeisances to Lord Nrsimha as He proceeded toward the temple. He recited the following verses again and again while offering obeisances
- Sri Ramananda Raya continued, "What shall I do? My mind has brought me here. I could not consider going first to Lord Jagannatha's temple"
- The great Personality of Godhead, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, then took all of them to the temple of Jagannatha and began the congregational chanting of the holy name there
- The King said, "Instead of visiting the temple of Lord Jagannatha, all the devotees are running toward the residence of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- The Lord said, "I shall never enter the temple but shall always view the Lord from the side of the Garuda-stambha"
- The next day Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu arrived and went with Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, with great enthusiasm, to see the temple of Lord Jagannatha
- The next morning, after visiting the Jagannatha temple, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, accompanied by all His devotees, went hastily to see Haridasa Thakura
- The next morning, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya together visited the temple of Lord Jagannatha. Both of them were in a very pleasant mood
- The offerings of prasadam in the temple of Lord Jagannatha were of the highest quality. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would bring this prasadam and deliver it to the two devotees
- The superintendent of the temple then brought large quantities of prasadam, which Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally distributed to all the devotees
- Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and all His devotees visited Lord Jagannatha. Finally, accompanied by them all, He returned to His own residence
- Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu told Raghunatha dasa, "Go bathe in the sea. Then see Lord Jagannatha in the temple and return here to take your meal"
- Thus I have briefly described Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's dancing in the hall of the Jagannatha temple. The servants of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sing about this dancing even now
- Thus they all merged in the ocean of transcendental bliss. Then the Lord and all His devotees proceeded toward the temple of Jagannatha to see the Deity
- When Caitanya Mahaprabhu entered the Jagannatha temple and saw Lord Jagannatha, He immediately lost His senses and fell down on the ground
- When Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to the temple of Jagannatha, Kasisvara, being very strong, cleared the crowds aside with his hands so that Caitanya Mahaprabhu could pass untouched
- When coming from the Jagannatha temple to return to His house, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to sit on the ground and mark it with His nails
- When Jagannatha was absent from the temple, Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who could not see Him, felt separation and left Jagannatha Puri to go to a place known as Alalanatha
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to His residence after visiting the temple of Jagannatha, He asked for a large quantity of Lord Jagannatha's prasadam, which He then distributed among His devotees so that they could eat sumptuously
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to see Lord Jagannatha in the temple, Haridasa would stay a long distance away and see Him
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went toward the temple, Paramananda Puri and Brahmananda Bharati walked in front of Him, and at His two sides walked Svarupa Damodara and Advaita Acarya
- When they entered the temple, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya offered Caitanya Mahaprabhu a seat, while he himself sat down on the floor out of due respect for a sannyasi
- With great eagerness all the other devotees followed them into the temple of Lord Jagannatha