Talking about Krsna
"talks about Krsna"|"talk about Krsna"|"talked about Krsna"|"talking about Krsna"|"talk only about Krsna"|"talk of Krsna"|"talked of Krsna"|"talks of Krsna"|"talking of Krsna"|"talk only of Krsna"|"talked only of Krsna"|"talking only of Krsna"|"talk Krsna"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Talking about Krsna"
The following 108 pages are in this category, out of 108 total.
- Absorbed in the thought of the transcendental qualities of the Lord (Krsna), who is glorified in select poetry, the ladies on the roofs of all the houses of Hastinapura began to talk of Him. This talk was more attractive than the hymns of the Vedas
- After hearing the vibration of the flute of Krsna, the gopis in Vrndavana remembered Him and began to talk amongst themselves about how nicely Krsna was playing His flute
- All of them (ladies) heard of Him and His great activities, and thus they thought of Him, talked of Him, His name, fame, etc., and became affectionate also, like those who were in direct contact
- All the cowherd men, including Nanda Maharaja, used to talk of the wonderful activities of Lord Krsna and Balarama, and they were always so much absorbed in those talks that they forgot the threefold miseries of this material existence
- Although this (Uddhava always talked with gopis about Krsna) greatly pleased the gopis and other residents of Vrajabhumi, Vrndavana
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, what is the use of talking about Krsna? If you are at all interested in passing time by talking, let us talk on some subject other than Him"
- As Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard these talks, His ocean of transcendental bliss increased. He therefore told Svarupa Damodara, "Go on speaking, go on speaking." And thus Svarupa Damodara continued
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu says that one has to chant and talk of Krsna twenty-four hours. Where is the question of maunam, silence
- Cowards became very much afraid upon seeing the ghastly and horrible scene, and heroes began to talk delightedly among themselves about the heroism of the two brothers (Krsna and Balarama)
- Directly or indirectly anyone who thinks of Krsna, talks of Krsna or worships Krsna becomes attached to Him
- Do not ever try to approach Krishna directly. Anyone who talks of Krishna without service to Guru will not be successful
- Don’t eat anything which is not eaten by Krsna - your tongue becomes your most intimate friend. And don’t talk anything except Krsna. If you follow these two principles, Krsna will be within your grip
- Gopis began to talk among themselves: "Just see how Radharani has become intoxicated simply by seeing Krsna before Her!" This is an instance of ecstatic love in intoxication
- Govinda, or Lord Krsna, is the cause of Maha-Visnu also. The ladies talking about this Vedic truth must have heard it from authoritative sources
- I (Radharani) know that once one begins to talk about Krsna, it is very difficult to stop, and I admit that I have insufficient strength to give up talking about Him
- I am especially talking to my sannyasi disciples, who are going out today on a great mission. Please stick to this principle-one-Krsna. You will be benefited, and the persons to whom you'll talk, they will be benefited, the world will be benefited
- I see that you have acquired a taste for hearing talks regarding Krsna. Therefore you are extremely fortunate. Not only you but anyone who has awakened such a taste is considered most fortunate
- If one has the proper means and wealth, he should occasionally invite the devotees of Lord Caitanya who are engaged in preaching all over the world and hold a festival at home simply by distributing prasadam and talking about Krsna during the day
- If one is attracted to talks about Me and has faith in the instructions I have set forth in the Bhagavad-gita, and if one is neither falsely detached from material things, his dormant love for Me will be awakened by devotional service
- If you simply talk of Vedic knowledge, it becomes dry, speculative. But if you talk of Krsna and Krsna's lila, Krsna's pastimes, then it becomes simultaneously discussion of Vedic knowledge, at the same time, very beautiful
- If you write books about Krsna, if you read books about Krsna, if you talk about Krsna, you think of Krsna, you worship Krsna, you cook for Krsna, you eat for Krsna - so that is krsna-kirtana
- In the house of Advaita Acarya, all the Vaisnavas took pleasure in always talking of Krsna, always worshiping Krsna and always chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- In this way the minds of great personalities are always engaged in Krsna. With their minds engaged in Krsna, naturally the captivated devotees simply talk of Krsna
- It is better for you to go home, simply talk about Me (Krsna) & think of Me, & by this process of constantly remembering Me & chanting My names you will surely be elevated to the spiritual platform. There is no need to stand near Me. Please go back home
- It is their (paramahamsa's) nature to talk only of Krsna at every moment, as if such topics were newer and newer. They are attached to such topics, just as materialists are attached to topics of women and sex - SB 10.13.2
- Merely talking about Krsna is so pleasing, we can simply imagine how pleasing it is to render service to Krsna
- Milk touched by the lips of a serpent has poisonous effects; similarly, talks about Krsna given by a non-Vaisnava are also poisonous. One must be a bona fide devotee, and then he can preach and impress devotional service upon his listeners
- Milk touched by the lips of a serpent has poisonous effects; similarly, talks about Krsna given by an avaisnava are also poisonous
- One cannot talk of Krsna unless he is krsna-gata-pranah. Just like your loveable objects, you cannot forget even for a moment, similarly, one who has developed real love for Krsna
- One gopi told her friend: "It appears that Lord Krsna, the enemy of the demon Agha, has released from His mouth a whirlwind which is acting on your head and is gradually proceeding to do the same to the other lotus-eyed gopis"
- One of the gopis told her friends, "The highest perfection of the eyes is to see Krsna and Balarama entering the forest and playing Their flutes and tending the cows with Their friends"
- One should not hear anything about Krsna from a non-Vaisnava. Milk touched by the lips of a serpent has poisonous effects; similarly, talks about Krsna given by a non-Vaisnava are also poisonous
- One who tries to understand this instructive spiritual knowledge (that if we talk and think about Krsna we don't have to accept another gross and subtle body) is delivered from this ocean of nescience
- Our Krsna consciousness movement is specially meant for talking about Krsna, Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mission
- Please always talk about Krishna amongst you two sisters, and enjoy life. This is very good opportunity that you are talking and painting about Krishna, so that your mind, hand, and attention are all absorbed in Krishna samadhi
- Pradyumna Misra said, "My dear Lord, You have made me extremely obliged to You because You have drowned me in a nectarean ocean of talks about Krsna"
- Prayer of the inhabitants of Vrndavana is the superexcellent type of self-realization. The method is very simple: to fix the mind always on the lotus feet of Krsna, to talk always of Krsna without passing on to any other subject matter
- Promise that "I shall not talk anything except Krsna's message," and if you promise that "I shall not take anything which is not offered to Krsna," these two things, this prasadam and chanting, will make you perfect to understand Krsna
- Sanatana Gosvami has written in his Hari-bhakti-vilasa: One should not hear anything about Krsna from a non-Vaisnava. Milk touched by the lips of a serpent has poisonous effects; similarly, talks about Krsna given by a non-Vaisnava are also poisonous
- Sat-sanga means this talking of Krsna, hearing about Krsna. When there is, there is no business. Not like a rented reciter or a paid reciter who is earning money by reciting
- Sometimes, even in the presence of Lord Krsna, they (the queens of Dvaraka) vividly described the pastimes they had enjoyed in the lake or river with Him. Some of such talk is described here
- Sri Balarama's losing the game was an opportunity for the King of Kalinga to criticize Krsna and Balarama. Thus the King of Kalinga was talking jokingly while purposefully showing his teeth to Balarama
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu recommends, kirtaniyah sada harih: (CC Adi 17.31) one should always engage in krsna-katha by chanting and talking about Krsna and hearing about Him. That is the only occupation of a Krsna conscious person
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then told Sanatana Gosvami about Krsna's multiforms and His unlimited opulence. He also described the nature of the spiritual manifestation, the material manifestation and the manifestation of the living entity
- Srimati Radharani continued, "In the same way, we have been enchanted by the sweet words of Krsna, & by thinking of the rays of His toenails again & again, we are becoming more & more lusty for His association. I request you not to talk of Krsna anymore"
- Srimati Radharani continued, "Please do not talk anymore about Krsna. It is better to talk about something else. We are already doomed, like the black-spotted she-deer in the forest who are enchanted by the sweet musical vibration of the hunter"
- Srimati Radharani continued, "We gopis of Vrndavana do not want to make any more friendships with this blackish boy (Krsna), but we do not know how we shall be able to give up remembering and talking about His activities"
- Talking in this way, all the boys looked at the beautiful lotuslike face of Krsna, and they began to clap and smile. And so they marched forward and entered the mouth of the gigantic serpent
- Talks about Krsna and His pastimes - especially His pastimes in Vrndavana and His dealings with the gopis - are all very confidential. They are not subject matter for public discussion
- The Bhagavad-gita's process of purifying consciousness is the process of fixing one's mind on Krsna by talking of His transcendental activities, cleansing His temple, going to His temple - CC Preface
- The devotees and the Lord are interlinked, and they cannot be separated. Therefore talks about them are all krsna-katha, or topics of the Lord
- The female members of the Kuru dynasty and the Yadu dynasty took the opportunity to meet with one another and engage in talk of Lord Krsna’s transcendental past
- The gopis used to discuss Krsna amongst themselves, and their talks were as follows. "My dear friends," one gopi said, "do you know that when Krsna lies on the ground He rests on His left elbow, and His head rests on His left hand?"
- The ladies' talks appeared to be more valuable than the learned brahmanas' benedictions
- The more we talk of Krsna, think of Krsna and preach for Krsna, the more we become purified. This means we no longer have to accept a hallucinatory gross and subtle body, but instead attain our spiritual identity
- The next day, when Pradyumna Misra arrived in the presence of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the Lord inquired, "Have you heard talks about Krsna from Sri Ramananda Raya"
- The spiritual master and disciple do not need to understand anything more than Krsna because simply by understanding Krsna and talking about Krsna, one becomes a perfectly learned person - yasmin vijnate sarvam evam vijnatam bhavati, Mundaka Upanisad 1.3
- The subject matter of Bhagavad-gita is talking between Krsna and Arjuna. Krsna was driver of the chariot. Both of them were in the Battlefield of Kuruksetra
- The three of them talked about Krsna for some time, and then Jagadananda came and extended an invitation to Ramacandra Puri
- The understanding of Bhagavad-gita is so transcendental that anyone who becomes conversant with the topics of Arjuna and Krsna becomes righteous, and he cannot forget such talks. This is the transcendental position of spiritual life. BG 1972 purports
- The Vaisnava says, "Previously we only talked of nonsense. Now let us begin our real talks, talks of Krsna" - CC Intro
- The Vaisnavas, who are devotees of Krsna, contend that when one reaches the stage of realization, he really begins to talk. "Previously we only talked of nonsense," the Vaisnava says. "Now let us begin our real talks, talks of Krsna"
- The Vedic hymns in the Upanisads are sometimes indirectly directed to the Supreme Lord. But the talks of the ladies were directly spoken of the Lord, and thus they were more pleasing to the heart
- The water is all nectar, the talking is singing, the walking is dancing, and the constant companion of Krsna is His flute. The effulgence of transcendental bliss is experienced everywhere. Therefore Vrndavana-dhama is the only relishable abode
- Their love for Krsna was so intense that in their regular activities - in sitting, sleeping, traveling, talking, sporting, cleansing, bathing - they were simply absorbed in thoughts of Krsna and paid no attention to bodily necessities
- There is no difference between His (Krsna's) name, form, quality etc, because Krsna is absolute. Our intimate relation with Krsna can be confidentially revived by our talking of, hearing of, or remembering Him. It is so done due to spiritual potency
- There is one other thing Ramananda Raya said to me "Do not consider me the speaker in these talks about Krsna"
- Thereafter, on the tenth day, the inhabitants of Vrndavana were talking amongst themselves about the wonderful activities of Krsna, and the next day, Ekadasi, was observed by Nanda Maharaja
- These talks of Radharani with the bumblebee messenger, including Her accusing Krsna in so many ways and at the same time expressing Her inability to give up talking about Him, are signs of the topmost transcendental ecstasy, called maha-bhava
- They (all the Yadus and the residents) thus welcomed one another and asked after one another's welfare. Ultimately, however, all their talk was only of Krsna
- They (the citizens of Mathura) began to talk among themselves about the two transcendental brothers. For a long time they had heard of the beauty and activities of Krsna and Balarama, but now they were personally seeing Them face to face
- They (the cowherd men and women) began to talk about how wonderful it was that the demon (Trnavarta) had taken away the child (Krsna) to devour Him but could not do so; instead he fell down dead
- They (the gopis) began to talk among themselves, “We have passed a very long night - which seemed only a moment - engaged in the rasa dance with Krsna. We looked at His sweet smile and embraced Him and talked with Him"
- They (the princesses who kept awake nights and watched Krsna sleep) were afraid of being separated from Krsna, and they always talked amongst themselves about how they had been affected by Krsna's beautiful eyes and His smile
- This is the effect of Krsna consciousness. What was enjoyed five thousand years ago by Nanda Maharaja can still be enjoyed by Krsna conscious persons simply by talking about the transcendental pastimes of Krsna and His associates
- This procedure (distributing prasadam and talking about Krsna during the day and holding congregational chanting for at least three hours in the evening) must be adopted in all centers of the KC movement. Thus they will daily perform sankirtana-yajna
- This verse (CC Antya 7.47) from SB 10.47.61 was spoken by Uddhava. When Uddhava was sent by Krsna to see the condition of the gopis in Vrndavana, he stayed there for a few months in their association and always talked with them about Krsna
- To counteract this tendency, we have to divert our talking to the subject of Krsna
- We always advise, "Don't read newspaper. Don't read any other book," because it is full of gramya-katha. These externally very attractive news, we should avoid it completely. We shall simply talk of Krsna
- We can imagine the potency of advanced devotional service, especially when devotees sit together and engage in talking of the pastimes of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- We can use everything - television, radio, movies, or whatever there may be - to tell about Krishna, and outside of devotional service all these modern paraphernalia are just so much rubbish
- We should either talk of Krsna or chant Hare Krsna undeviatingly. This is called muni-vrata
- When one goes with a sankirtana party or sells books, he naturally remembers that he is going to sell Krsna’s books. In this way, he is remembering Krsna. When one goes to enlist a life member, he talks about Krsna and thereby remembers Him
- When the gopis were talking in this way, their feelings for Krsna became more and more intense, and they were experiencing Krsna's smiling, Krsna's words of love, Krsna's attractive features, Krsna's characteristics and Krsna's embraces
- When the Lord acutely felt pangs of separation from Krsna, only Sri Ramananda Raya' talks about Krsna and the sweet songs of Svarupa Damodara kept Him alive
- When they (young girls of Hastinapur) saw Him (Krsna) in the midst of His many queens, like the full moon situated amidst many luminaries, they began to talk amongst themselves
- When Uddhava arrived from Mathura carrying a message for the gopis, the gopis began talking about Krsna and crying
- While Lord Krsna was entering the city, all the people talked amongst themselves about the glories of the Lord, praising His transcendental name, qualities, form and so on
- While talking about Krsna with Uddhava, they (the gopis) forgot all about their household business. They even forgot about themselves as their interest in Krsna increased more and more
- While the ladies of the capital of Hastinapura were greeting Him and talking in this way, the Lord, smiling, accepted their good greetings, and casting the grace of His glance over them, He departed from the city
- While the ladies on the tops of the houses in the capital of the kings of the Kuru dynasty were talking about the Lord, their talk was more pleasing than the Vedic hymns
- Who in human society can be satisfied without hearing sufficient talk of the Lord, whose lotus feet are the sum total of all places of pilgrimage and who is worshiped by great sages and devotees?
- Without understanding Bhagavad-gita, even a so-called learned scholar also talking of Krsna as immoral. He has encouraged killing. Just see. Such envious persons. And he is teaching Bhagavad-gita. This is going on