Category:Daksina - daughter of Ruci
Pages in category "Daksina - daughter of Ruci"
The following 5 pages are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Of the two children born of Akuti, the male child was directly an incarnation of the SPG, and His name was Yajna, which is another name of Visnu. The female child was a partial incarnation of Laksmi, the goddess of fortune, the eternal consort of Visnu
- Ruci, who was very powerful in his brahminical qualifications and was appointed one of the progenitors of the living entities, begot one son and one daughter by his wife, Akuti
- Svayambhuva Manu very gladly brought home the beautiful boy named Yajna, and Ruci, his son-in-law, kept with him the daughter, Daksina
- The Lord of the ritualistic performance of yajna later married Daksina, who was anxious to have the Personality of Godhead as her husband, and in this wife the Lord was also very much pleased to beget twelve children
- The twelve boys born of Yajna and Daksina were named Tosa, Pratosa, Santosa, Bhadra, Santi, Idaspati, Idhma, Kavi, Vibhu, Svahna, Sudeva and Rocana