Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Sung"
The following 43 pages are in this category, out of 43 total.
- A sannyasi is forbidden to hear songs sung by the fair sex. Yet even in the rigid position of a sannyasi He (Caitanya) recommended the mode of worship preferred by the gopis of Vrndavana as the topmost loving service possible to be rendered to the Lord
- Advaita Acarya raised the body of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to help Him dance, but the Lord, after hearing the stanzas sung by Mukunda, could not be held due to His bodily symptoms
- Anything sung in the praise of the Lord is Sruti-mantra
- Dasavatara Stotra, CD 8 part one - Pralaya-payodhi-jale dhrtavan asi vedam. This is a song sung by great Vaisnava poet Jayadeva Gosvami
- During the festival at the installation ceremony, some people sang and some danced. All the milk, yogurt and clarified butter in the village were brought to the festival
- I am in due receipt of your letter dated August 6, 1975 with the enclosed versification of the chanting of the song sung by Lord Siva. It is all right
- In our Krsna consciousness movement we do not allow any song that has not been approved or sung by bona fide devotees. We cannot allow cinema songs to be sung in the temple
- It is said that in the Vedas and in the Ramayana, only the activities of the Lord are described. Everywhere in the Vedic literature, His glories are sung
- Jayadeva Gosvami sung as follows: "He (Krsna) has annihilated all the atheistic persons in the form of Kalki. And He has saved all the poor animals in the form of Lord Buddha"
- Jayadeva Gosvami sung as follows: "He (Krsna) has annihilated all the dynasties of the ksatriyas in the form of Parasurama. He has killed all the demons in the form of Lord Rama. He has accepted the great plow in the form of Balarama"
- Jayadeva Gosvami, in his Gita-govinda, has sung as follows: "The Lord has saved the Vedas in His form as a fish, and He has borne the whole universe on His back in the form of a tortoise"
- Maharaja Pariksit, who was qualified to accept surrender and worthy of being sung in history, did not kill the poor surrendered and fallen Kali, but smiled compassionately, for he was kind to the poor
- Mukunda sang, "My dear intimate friend! What has not happened to Me! Due to the effects of the poison of love for Krsna, My body and mind have been severely afflicted"
- Narada Muni said, "All these activities performed by Your (Krsnas) Grace will be sung by great poets throughout the world. And at the Battle of Kuruksetra You will take part as the chariot driver of Your friend Arjuna"
- Narottama dasa Thakura has sung, "When I am eager to understand the literature given by the Gosvamis, then I shall be able to understand the transcendental loving affairs of Radha and Krsna"
- So far the singing of the prayers to the Spiritual Master is concerned, there is no limitation on how many times it is sung. But it should be done three times daily, and morning it is required
- Sri Narottama dasa Thakura has sung that persons who do not take to the devotional service of the Lord but are attracted to the process of philosophical speculation and fruitive activities drink the poisonous results of such actions
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura has sung, "Such an ambition for a cheap reputation may be compared to the stool of a hog because such popularity is another extension of the influence of maya"
- Srila Locana dasa Thakura has sung, apana karama, bhunjaye samana, kahaye locana dasa. Instead of taking good instructions from the sages and the sastras, godless nondevotees act whimsically, according to their own plans
- Srila Narottama dasa Thakura has sung in a celebrated song, visaya chadiya kabe suddha habe mana: "When my mind will be purified after leaving the contamination of material sense enjoyment, I shall be able to visit Vrndavana"
- Srila Narottama dasa Thakura has sung in many places that his real property is the lotus feet of Radha and Krsna. Unfortunately, we are interested in unreal property and are neglecting our real property
- Srila Narottama dasa Thakura has sung in this connection, "My dear Lord Krsna, O son of Nanda Maharaja, You are now standing before me with Srimati Radharani, the daughter of King Vrsabhanu"
- Such transcendental literatures, even though imperfectly composed, are heard, sung and accepted by purified men
- Such transcendental literatures, even though imperfectly composed, are heard, sung and accepted by purified men who are thoroughly honest
- Thank you very much for your nice translation of Markine Bhagavata-dharma. It is well appreciated. I think it can be included in the front of the new printing of the song book, and it can be sung in kirtana like the other songs of Bhaktivinode Thakura
- The first two lines of the song Haraye Namah Krsna were sung by Lord Caitanya and His followers, but the other lines of song were composed later on by Srila Narottama Das Thakura
- The Gayatri Mantra should be sung in a low whispering voice
- The K C movement is based on this principle. Srila Narottama dasa Thakura has sung, "My dear Lord, let me be engaged in Your transcendental loving service, as indicated by the previous acaryas, and let me live in the association of pure devotees"
- The recent "Govinda'' record, which your good wife has sung along with you, is certainly super-excellent, and it has become so nice because of George's attention upon it
- The Sama Veda is rich with beautiful songs played by the various demigods. One of these songs is the Brhat-sama, which has an exquisite melody and is sung at midnight
- The son of Devavrdha was Babhru. Concerning Devavrdha and Babhru there are two famous songs of prayer, which were sung by our predecessors and which we have heard from a distance. Even now I hear the same prayers about their qualities
- There are many songs about the Lord's activities. For example, there is the Brahma-samhita, sung by Lord Brahma, Narada-pancaratra, sung by Narada Muni, and Srimad-Bhagavatam, sung by Sukadeva Gosvami
- This stanza was sung by Mukunda in a very sweet voice, but as soon as Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this stanza, His mind went to pieces
- This text from Srimad-Bhagavatam was sung by the gopis on the advent of the sarat season
- To check such unauthorized residence in Vrndavana, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura has sung a nice song in this connection, the purport of which is as follows