Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Plays - drama
plays | play | played | playing
This category is describing Krsna Conscious plays.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- ► Actor (1 C, 34 P)
- ► Dramas about Krsna (5 P)
Pages in category "Plays - drama"
The following 20 pages are in this category, out of 20 total.
- He began it in that way, but now, following the order of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he has divided it in two and is writing two plays
- He was playing the part of her nephew. Such an enlightened lady could not commit a mistake by offering obeisances unto her nephew. Therefore, she addressed Him as the original purusa beyond the material cosmos
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu praised the metaphors and other literary ornaments of Srila Rupa Gosvami's transcendental poetry. Without such poetic attributes, He said, there is no possibility of preaching transcendental mellows
- Srila Ramananda Raya has taken these two girls to a solitary place in his garden, where he is teaching and directing them to dance according to the songs he has composed for his drama
- Srila Ramananda Raya said, "This is not a poetic presentation; it is a continuous shower of nectar. Indeed, it is the essence of all ultimate realizations, appearing in the form of plays"
- Srila Rupa Gosvami also compiled two important dramas named Vidagdha-madhava and Lalita-madhava, from which one can understand all the mellows derived from the pastimes of Lord Krsna
- The impersonalist cannot enter into the supernatural roles played by the devotee of the Lord
- The Personality of Godhead and His different incarnations and forms played the parts of devotees to instruct the conditioned souls how to approach the transcendental stage of devotional service
- There is a class of devotees called Gauranga-nagari, who stage plays of Krsna's pastimes using a vigraha, or form, of Caitanya Mahaprabhu. This is a mistake that is technically called rasabhasa
- Thereafter a dramatization of Krsna's pastimes was performed in the house of Sri Candrasekhara Acarya. The Lord personally took the part of Rukmini, the foremost of Krsna's queens
- When Ramananda Raya requested Srila Rupa Gosvami to speak further about various portions of the play, Srila Rupa Gosvami briefly quoted his Lalita-madhava
- While performing such dramas, always the actors must be Vaisnavas. Outsiders may help but devotees should have all the major roles. So you may perform such plays conveniently. It is a very nice program, but do not sacrifice other programs on account of it
- Whole Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam is meant for this, to get out of this material stage-playing. We are playing in a stage under different bodies