Category:Pradyumna (Krsna's son)
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Pradyumna (Krsna's son)"
The following 93 pages are in this category, out of 93 total.
- After talking with his charioteer, the son of Daruka, Pradyumna could understand the real circumstances. Therefore he refreshed himself by washing his mouth and hands
- All of them (women) were conjecturing as to who he (Pradyumna) was, for he was so beautiful. Among the women was Rukmini-devi, who was equally beautiful, with her lotuslike eyes
- All the demigods of the heavenly kingdom appeared as associates of the Lord in the forms of Pradyumna, Samba, Uddhava, etc
- Although the demon exhibited his mystic powers and took shelter of supernatural strength, Pradyumna was able to counteract his strength and powers by the superior power of mahavidya
- Appearing on the battlefield, Pradyumna immediately stopped him (Dyuman) and, smiling, shot eight arrows at him: with four arrows he killed Dyuman's four horses, and with one arrow his chariot driver
- As soon as he (Sambara) learned that Pradyumna had been born, he took the shape of a woman and kidnapped the baby from the maternity home less than ten days after his birth
- As with the rising of the sun the darkness of night is immediately dissipated, with the appearance of Pradyumna the power exhibited by Salva became null and void
- At Pradyumna's words, the demon Sambara, being insulted, felt just as a snake feels after being struck by someone's foot
- Because almost all the members of the Yadu dynasty went to Kuruksetra, some important personalities, like Aniruddha, the son of Pradyumna, and Krtavarma, the commander in chief of the Yadu dynasty
- Because it was the duty of the chariot driver to take care of the hero on the chariot during the dangerous and precarious fighting, Daruka's son removed Pradyumna from the battlefield
- Being empowered by his wife, Pradyumna immediately went before Sambara and challenged him to fight. Pradyumna addressed him in very strong language, so that his temper would be agitated and he would be moved to fight
- During the fratricidal war amongst the descendants of Yadu, he (Pradyumna) died at the hand of Bhoja, another king of the Vrsnis. After his death, he was installed in his original position
- During the short absence of Pradyumna from the battlefield, Dyuman, Salva's commander in chief, had been taking over the positions of the soldiers of the Yadu dynasty
- He (Banasura) saw that Usa and Aniruddha were sitting together and talking. They looked very beautiful together, Aniruddha being the son of Pradyumna, who was Cupid himself
- He (Carudesna) was a great warrior like his brothers and father. He fought with Vivinidhaka and killed him in the fight
- He (Pradyumna) heard all about the different demigods from Naradaji. He is one of the four plenary expansions of Lord Sri Krsna. He is the third one
- He (Pradyumna) inquired from her (Mayavati), "How is it possible that first you were affectionate like a mother and now you are expressing the symptoms of a lusty woman? What is the reason for such a change"
- He (Pradyumna) inquired from his father, Sri Krsna, about the glories of the brahmanas
- He (Pradyumna) killed the carriers like the horses and elephants by releasing three arrows directed toward each one
- He (Pradyumna) married the daughter of his maternal uncle, Rukmi, and from that marriage Aniruddha was born
- He (Pradyumna) refreshed himself by washing his mouth and hands, and after arming himself properly with bows and arrows, he asked his charioteer (Son of Daruka) to take him near the place where Salva's commander in chief was standing
- He (Pradyumna) said, "Since my father has left Dvaraka, I do not take much pleasure in practicing fighting, nor am I interested in any kind of sporting pastimes"
- He (Pradyumna) then released another one hundred arrows toward the body of Salva. After this, he pierced each and every soldier by releasing one arrow, he killed the chariot drivers by firing ten arrows at each one of them
- He (Pradyumna) was one of the great generals who fought with Salva, and while fighting with him he became unconscious on the battlefield
- He (Pradyumna) was one of those who went to congratulate Arjuna upon his marrying Subhadra
- He (Sambarasura) thus raised himself high into the sky and threw various types of nuclear weapons at the body of Pradyumna
- His (Baby Pradyumna's) eyes were just like the petals of lotus flowers, and his arms were long, reaching down to his knees; any woman who happened to see him was captivated by his bodily beauty
- His (Pradyumna) charioteer brought him back to the camp from the battlefield, and for this action he was very sorry and rebuked his charioteer. However, he fought again with Salva and was victorious
- In addition to jubilation, there are sometimes symptoms of disappointment. Pradyumna once addressed Samba with these words
- In the course of their (Samba, Pradyumna, Caru, Bhanu and Gada) excursion, all of them became thirsty, and so they tried to find out where water was available in the forest
- In this reverential devotional attitude, Pradyumna never talked to his father in a loud voice
- It is learned here (SB 3.1.30) that Kamadeva appeared as Pradyumna, Karttikeya as Samba, and one of the Vasus as Uddhava. All of them served in their different capacities in order to enrich the pastimes of Krsna
- Mayavati could understand that her former husband, Cupid, born as Pradyumna, had grown into such a nice young man, and she also gradually became captivated and lusty
- Mayavati had the knowledge of the mystic power of maha-maya, and she delivered to Pradyumna this specific energetic power in order to defeat the mystic powers of the Sambara demon
- Miraculously, the baby (Pradyumna) swiftly grew up, and within a very short period he became a beautiful young man
- Practically all the leaders of the family, including Pradyumna, Satyaki, Gada, Samba, Sarana, Nanda, Upananda and Bhadra, combined together and gathered twelve aksauhini military divisions into phalanxes
- Pradyumna became the son-in-law as well as the nephew of Rukmi
- Pradyumna immediately arranged his soldiers and personally got up on a chariot, encouraging the citizens by assuring safety
- Pradyumna immediately counteracted the mystic demonstration occasioned by the airplane of Salva. By the mystic power of the airplane, Salva had created a darkness as dense as night, but Pradyumna all of a sudden appeared like the rising sun
- Pradyumna said, "Everyone will talk about me and say that I fled from the fighting place, and if they inquire from me about this, what will be my reply?"
- Pradyumna said, "I think, my dear charioteer, that you have committed a great offense by removing me from the battlefield"
- Pradyumna said, "My dear Samba, you are such a glorified personality! I have seen that once when you were playing on the ground, your body became covered with dust"
- Pradyumna said, "My sisters-in-law will play jokes upon me with sarcastic words" ‘My dear hero, how have you become such a coward? How have you become a eunuch? How have you become so low in the eyes of the fighters who opposed you?'
- Pradyumna said, "None of them (family members) left the battlefield while fighting. By this removal you have overburdened me with a great defamation. It will be said that I left the battlefield while fighting was going on"
- Pradyumna said, "Oh, you (son of Daruka) have done the most abominable act! Why have you removed me from the battlefield? My dear charioteer, I have never heard that any of our family members was ever removed from the battlefield"
- Pradyumna was so beautiful and attractive that the daughter of Rukmi, namely Rukmavati, could not select any other husband during her svayamvara
- Pradyumna's chariot was being driven by the son of Daruka. According to Vedic military principles, the chariot driver and the hero on the chariot must cooperate during the fighting
- Pradyumna: Incarnation of Kamadeva or, according to others, incarnation of Sanat-kumara, born as the son of the Personality of Godhead Lord Sri Krsna and Laksmidevi Srimati Rukmini, the principal queen at Dvaraka
- Rati continued, "Before he (Demon Sambara) again attempts to kill you (Pradyumna), please kill him as soon as possible with your divine power"
- Roaring like a thundering cloud, in great anger the demon began to beat Pradyumna with his club, just as a thunderbolt beats a mountain. Pradyumna protected himself with his own club and eventually struck the demon very severely
- Rukmini had ten sons, like Pradyumna. There were other queens also taken away by Lord Krsna in a similar way. Full description of this beautiful booty of Lord Krsna will be given in the Tenth Canto
- Sambara felt the words of Pradyumna as if they were a kick. He immediately took his club in his hand and appeared before Pradyumna to fight
- Sambara, understanding that his enemy (Pradyumna) was formidable, took assistance from various kinds of demoniac mystic powers belonging to the Guhyakas, the Gandharvas, the Pisacas, the snakes and the Raksasas
- Seeing Pradyumna, she (Rukmini-devi) naturally remembered her own son, and milk began to flow from her breasts out of motherly affection
- She (Rukmini-devi) began to think more confidently that the boy must be her own grown-up son (Pradyumna) because she felt so much affection for him, and, as an auspicious sign, her left arm was trembling
- Smiling before him (Pradyumna) with a feminine attractiveness, she (Mayavati) expressed her desire for sexual union
- Some important personalities, like Aniruddha, the son of Pradyumna, and Krtavarma, the commander in chief of the Yadu dynasty, along with Sucandra, Suka and Sarana, remained in Dvaraka to protect the city
- Sometimes they (Pradyumna's soldiers) would see the airplane on the ground, sometimes flying in the sky, sometimes resting on the peak of a hill, and sometimes floating on the water
- The charioteer of Pradyumna replied, "My dear sir, I wish a long life for you. I think that I did nothing wrong, for it is the duty of the charioteer to help the fighter in the chariot when he is in a precarious condition"
- The charioteer replied, "My dear sir (Pradyumna), you are completely competent in the battlefield. But it is the duty of the charioteer and the warrior to protect each other in a precarious condition"
- The charioteer replied, "The enemy all of a sudden struck you with his club so severely that you (Pradyumna) lost consciousness. You were in a dangerous position, surrounded by your enemies. Therefore I was obliged to act as I did"
- The eighteen maha-ratha sons are listed as Pradyumna, Aniruddha, Diptiman, Bhanu, Samba, Madhu, Brhadbhanu, Citrabhanu, Vrka, Aruna, Puskara, Vedabahu, Srutadeva, Sunandana, Citrabahu, Virupa, Kavi and Nyagrodha
- The eldest son of Rukmini, Pradyumna, was married with Mayavati from his very birth, and afterwards he married Rukmavati, the daughter of his maternal uncle, Rukmi. From Rukmavati, Pradyumna had a son named Aniruddha
- The force of the club on Pradyumna's chest was very severe, and it appeared as though his chest had been torn asunder
- The great heroes of Dvaraka City, headed by commanders such as Pradyumna, counterattacked the soldiers and airplane of Salva. When he saw the extreme distress of the citizens, Pradyumna immediately arranged his soldiers and personally got up on a chariot
- The great sage Narada then appeared and explained to her about the birth of Pradyumna and how the baby had been taken away by Sambara and later thrown into the sea. In this way the whole story was disclosed to Mayavati
- The inner section of a palace is known as the antah-pura (private apartments). Pradyumna and Mayavati could see many women there, and they set down among them
- The name of Salva's commander in chief was Dyuman. He was very powerful, and although bitten by twenty-five of Pradyumna's arrows, he suddenly attacked Pradyumna with his fierce club and struck him so strongly that Pradyumna became unconscious
- The woman, Rati, replied, "Since you (Pradyumna) were stolen by Sambara, your mother, Rukmini-devi, has been in a very grievous condition, like a kurari bird who has lost her babies"
- Their mutual enmity aroused, Pradyumna fought fiercely against Samba, Akrura against Kuntibhoja, Aniruddha against Satyaki, Subhadra against Sangramajit, Sumitra against Suratha, and the two Gadas against each other
- There was a demon of the name Sambara who was destined to be killed by Pradyumna. The Sambara demon knew of his destiny
- These signs of reverential devotion on the part of Pradyumna can be described in the same way they have been described in the case of other devotees
- They (Samba, Pradyumna, Caru, Bhanu and Gada) could understand that the animal was trapped and could not escape by its own effort, so out of compassion they tried to take the large lizard out of the well
- This woman (Mayavati) was surprised to see how such a nice baby (Pradyumna) could remain within the belly of a fish, and the situation perplexed her
- To combat the mystic powers of Sambarasura, Pradyumna invoked another mystic power, known as mahavidya, which was different from the black mystic power. The mahavidya mystic power is based on the quality of goodness
- Two hours later, in a quiet place, Pradyumna regained consciousness, and when he saw that he was in a place other than the battlefield, he addressed the charioteer and condemned him
- When everyone present on the battlefield saw this wonderful feat of Pradyumna's, the great fighters on both sides praised his acts of chivalry
- When everyone was informed of the mysterious disappearance of Pradyumna and how he had grown up, they were all struck with wonder because they had gotten back their dead son after they were almost hopeless of his return
- When Pradyumna thus killed the demon (Sambara), all the demigods in the higher planetary systems showered flowers on him
- When Pradyumna was thrown into the sea, a big fish immediately swallowed him. Later this fish was caught in the net of a fisherman, and the fish was later sold to the Sambara demon
- When Sambarasura was defeated in every respect, Pradyumna took his sharp sword and immediately cut off the demon's head, which was decorated with a helmet and valuable jewels
- When the cook was cutting the fish, he found within its stomach a nice baby (Pradyumna), which he immediately presented to the charge of Mayavati, who was an assistant in the kitchen affairs
- When the news of Pradyumna's return spread all over the city of Dvaraka, all the astonished citizens came with great eagerness to see the lost Pradyumna. "The dead son has come back," they said. "What can be more pleasing than this"
- When there was a fight among the princes, Pradyumna came out victorious, and therefore Rukmi was obliged to offer his beautiful daughter to Pradyumna
- When they (members of Yadu family and the women) understood that it was Pradyumna who was present, they received him with great delight
- When they (Samba, Pradyumna, Caru, Bhanu and Gada) approached a well, they found no water in it, but, on the contrary, within the well was a wonderful living entity. It was a large lizard, and all of them were astonished to see such a wonderful animal
- Whenever he would find something to be disapproved of by his father, he would immediately reject it as poison, even though it may have been nectarean
- With another arrow he (Pradyumna) cut his (Dyuman's) bow in two, with another he cut his flag to pieces, and with the last he severed his head from his body