Category:Krsna Is Lord Vasudeva
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Krsna Is Lord Vasudeva"
The following 130 pages are in this category, out of 130 total.
- A person in Krsna consciousness is the rare good soul who knows perfectly that Vasudeva, or Krsna, is the root of all manifested causes
- Adhoksaja and Purusottama are the vilasa forms of Vasudeva. Similarly, Upendra and Acyuta are the vilasa forms of Sankarsana; Nrsimha and Janardana the vilasa forms of Pradyumna; and Hari and Krsna the vilasa forms of Aniruddha
- After many births the man of wisdom seeks refuge in Me, knowing that Vasudeva is all
- After many, many births, when one becomes actually wise, he surrenders unto Vasudeva, knowing perfectly well that Krsna (Vasudeva) is the origin and cause of all causes
- After performing the preliminaries of various sacrifices, Bharata offered the results in the name of religion to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva. In other words, he performed all the yajnas for the satisfaction of Lord Vasudeva, Krsna
- Akrura continued, "I offer my respectful obeisances unto You (krsna) because You are Vasudeva, the resting place of all creation. You are the all-pervading Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- Akrura continued, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto You (krsna), who appear as Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha. Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto You, who appear as Lord Buddha to bewilder the atheistic and demoniac"
- All the Narayana forms of the Lord are but expansions of His Vasudeva feature, and thus He is Vasudeva, Narayana and Krsna simultaneously. He is sri-krsna govinda hare murare, he natha narayana vasudeva, all in one
- Although there is a faint realization of Krsna at first, Krsna is actually realized as Vasudeva, the absolute proprietor of omnipotence or the prime predominating Deity of all potencies
- Although there is no difference between Lord Krsna and Lord Visnu, Krsna descends to this planet in His Vasudeva feature for the purpose of protecting His devotees and annihilating the miscreants
- Anarthas, unwanted things, come down from one bodily life to another. To get out of this entanglement, one has to take to the devotional service of Lord Vasudeva, Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Baladeva is the first expansion of Krsna, and from Baladeva expand Sankarsana, Vasudeva, Pradyumna and Aniruddha
- Because we do not know Vasudeva, Krsna, we have got natural tendency to love, but we do not know where to place love. If we place our loving tendency unto Krsna, Vasudeva, then that tendency becomes fruitful and perfection
- Bhagavad-gita is prohibited. Vasudeva speaking about Himself, but that is prohibited. And if somebody's reading, some rascal is reading, he's making minus Vasudeva. That's all. Bhagavad-gita minus Krsna. This is going on
- By gradual process, to bring one to the platform of vasudeve pritir, that is bhakti. Pritir means love, how to love Vasudeva, Krsna. That is civilization - to bring one to the platform of loving Krsna
- By taking shelter at the lotus feet of Vasudeva, Sri Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one can get released from all kinds of material tribulations, such kind of immunization is not possible by practicing yoga, tapasya, jnana
- Examples of such vilasa-vigrahas are Baladeva, Narayana in Vaikuntha-dhama, and the catur-vyuha-Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha
- Expansions of His personal self - like the quadruple manifestations of Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Aniruddha and Vasudeva - descend as incarnations from Vaikuntha to this material world
- From Sankarsana there is an expansion of Narayana, and from Narayana there is a second quadruple expansion of Sankarsana, Vasudeva, Pradyumna and Aniruddha. Similarly, there are innumerable other expansions of Krsna, but all of them are one
- From this statement (You (Paundraka) falsely declare yourself Vasudeva, imitating Me. Therefore no one is a greater fool than you) of Krsna's it is clear that any rascal who advertises himself as God is the greatest fool in human society
- From Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha, there are eight additional pastime expansions. O Sanatana, please hear Me as I mention Their names
- Garga Muni said, "He was formerly the son of Vasudeva; therefore His name should be Vasudeva as well as Krsna"
- Garga Muni said, "Some people will call Him Krsna, and some will call Him Vasudeva. But one thing you must know: this son has had many, many other names and activities due to His different pastimes"
- Great asuras like Ravana, Hiranyakasipu, Kamsa, and others who were very powerful living entities were all killed by the Personality of Godhead. And the almighty Vasudeva has empowered His name with the powers of His personal Self
- He (Kalayavana) concluded that this beautiful personality must be Vasudeva, for every description he had previously heard from Narada was substantiated by the presence of Krsna
- He could not estimate his own position, Paundraka falsely thought himself to be Lord Vasudeva. Thus the messenger declared to Krsna that King Paundraka, the SP, had descended to the earth out of his causeless mercy just to deliver all distressed persons
- He should also chant such spiritual mantras as om namo bhagavate vasudevaya and the cin-mayi Gayatri - klim krsnaya govindaya gopijana-vallabhaya svaha and klim kama-devaya vidmahe puspa-banaya dhimahi tan no 'nangah pracodayat
- His (Bharata) devotional service unto Vasudeva, Lord Krsna, increased day after day. Lord Krsna, the son of Vasudeva, is the original Personality of Godhead manifest as the Supersoul (Paramatma) as well as the impersonal Brahman
- I offer my obeisances and meditate upon Lord Krsna (Vasudeva), the Personality of Godhead, whose invincible potency influences them (the less intelligent class of men) to call me the supreme controller
- I offer my respectful obeisances unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, expanded as Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha
- If we place our loving tendency unto Krsna, Vasudeva, then that tendency becomes fruitful and perfection. That is wanted
- In all respects Vasudeva, Krsna, is the Supreme Lord, and Lord Siva is very satisfied with those who are completely surrendered to Him
- In His original form, the Lord dresses like a cowherd boy and thinks Himself one. When He appears as Vasudeva, the son of Vasudeva and Devaki, His dress and consciousness are those of a ksatriya, a warrior
- In His personal form, Krsna is just like a cowherd boy, and He thinks of Himself in that way. But when He is in the Vasudeva form, He thinks of Himself as the son of a ksatriya and feels like a ksatriya, a princely administrator
- In some of the satvata-tantras, there is a description of the nine varsas and the predominating Deity worshiped in each: (1) Vasudeva, (2) Sankarsana, (3) Pradyumna, (4) Aniruddha, (5) Narayana, (6) Nrsimha, (7) Hayagriva, (8) Mahavaraha, and (9) Brahma
- In the beginning of Srimad-Bhagavatam, Srila Vyasadeva offered his respectful obeisances to the Supreme Truth, Vasudeva, Krsna. After that he taught his son, Sukadeva Gosvami, to preach Srimad-Bhagavatam
- In the Laghu-bhagavatamrta Srila Rupa Gosvami has explained Krsna's being both Ksirodakasayi Visnu and Narayana in the spiritual sky and expanding in the quadruple forms known as Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha
- Indeed, Vasudeva is agitated just to see the sweetness of Govinda, and a transcendental greed awakens in Him to enjoy that sweetness
- It is also learned from the Hayasirsa-pancaratra that there are nine forms protecting the two Puris known as Mathura Puri and Dvaraka Puri. These nine forms are Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Aniruddha, Narayana, Nrsimha, Hayagriva, Varaha and Brahma
- It is clearly stated that the supreme enjoyer is the Supreme Personality of Godhead in His different manifestations and plenary expansions as Narayana, Vasudeva, etc.
- It is said that Cupid, who is directly part and parcel of Lord Vasudeva and who was formerly burned to ashes by the anger of Lord Siva, took birth from the womb of Rukmini, begotten by Krsna
- Kasyapa Muni advised his wife to seek shelter at the lotus feet of Vasudeva, Krsna, so that all her problems would be very easily solved. Thus Kasyapa Muni was an ideal spiritual master
- Kasyapa Muni advised his wife, Aditi, to begin worshiping Lord Vasudeva, who is situated in everyone's heart. He is the friend of everyone and is known as Janardana because He can kill all enemies
- King Nanda said, "Previously He (Krsna) had a white color, then a red color, then a yellow color. He also said that this boy was once the son of Vasudeva, and everyone who knows of His previous birth calls Him Vasudeva"
- Krsna & Balarama remained in Mathura not in Their original forms but in Their expansions as Vasudeva & Sankarsana. Real Krsna & Balarama were in Vrndavana in Their bhava manifestation, whereas in Mathura They appeared in prabhava & vaibhava expansions
- Krsna continued, "I have specifically taken My birth as the son of Vasudeva in the Yadu dynasty, and people therefore know Me as Vasudeva, the son of Vasudeva"
- Krsna expands Himself as Baladeva, Sankarsana, Vasudeva, Aniruddha, Pradyumna, Rama, Nrsimha and Varaha, as well as many other incarnations and innumerable Visnu expansions
- Krsna is supreme in Mathura, He is more supreme in Dvaraka, and He is most supreme in Vrndavana. Krsna's pastimes in Dvaraka are displayed by His Vasudeva portion
- Krsna replied to the messenger of Paundraka, "I shall never give up the symbols of Vasudeva, especially My disc. I shall use this disc to kill not only you (Paundraka) but all your followers also"
- Krsna saw that Paundraka carried an imitation Sarnga bow, and on his chest was a mock insignia of Srivatsa. His neck was decorated with a false Kaustubha jewel, and he wore a flower garland in exact imitation of Lord Vasudeva's
- Krsna told Paundraka, "Paundraka, you requested Me to give up the symbols of Lord Visnu, specifically My disc. Now I will give it up to you. Be careful! You falsely declare yourself Vasudeva, imitating Me. Therefore no one is a greater fool than you"
- Krsna's different expansions - namely Narayana, the quadruple expansion of Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha, as well as partial plenary expansions like Matsya, the incarnation of a fish - combine together and appear with the body of Krsna
- Krsna's name is Vasudeva because He appeared as the son of Vasudeva; His name is Devaki-nandana because He accepted Devaki as His mother; His name is Yasoda-nandana because He awarded His childhood pastimes to Yasoda at Vrndavana
- Let us all chant the glories of Vasudeva along with His plenary expansions Pradyumna, Aniruddha and Sankarsana
- Lord Krsna intended for Vasudeva to see everything with the vision of a maha-bhagavata, a first-class devotee, who sees that all living entities are part and parcel of the Supreme Lord and that the Supreme Lord is situated in everyone’s heart
- Lord Krsna is accepted as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but King Paundraka directly challenged Krsna through the messenger, who stated that Paundraka, not Krsna, was Vasudeva
- Lord Krsna, by His quadruple expansion (Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha), is the Lord of psychic action -- namely thinking, feeling, willing and acting
- Lord Krsna, Vasudeva, the son of Vasudeva, is the original source of Lord Rsabhadeva. There is no difference in Their constitution, and consequently Lord Rsabhadeva awakened the loving symptoms of crying, laughing and shivering
- Lord Ramacandra took birth in the family of Maharaja Raghu. Therefore Lord Ramacandra is called Raghunatha, Dasarathi, as Krsna is called Vasudeva because He accepted Vasudeva as His father
- Nalakuvara & Manigriva said: Let us offer our respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of You, Lord Vasudeva, the Supreme Brahman, who are always glorified by Your personal internal potencies
- Narada Muni replied: My dear King, those who stay at home as householders must act to earn their livelihood, and instead of trying to enjoy the results of their work themselves, they should offer these results to Krsna, Vasudeva
- Narayana presides with His four expansions: Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Aniruddha and Vasudeva. This Sankarsana, states Krsnadasa Kaviraja in the eighth verse of the Caitanya-caritamrta, is Lord Nityananda
- Narayana, the four primary expansions (Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna & Aniruddha), Matsya & the other lila incarnations, the yuga-avataras, the manv-antara incarnations and as many other incarnations as there are - all descend in the body of Lord Krsna
- Naturally his (Bharata's) love for Vasudeva, Krsna, increased more and more and melted his heart. Consequently he gradually lost all attachment for regulative duties. The hairs of his body stood on end, and all the ecstatic bodily symptoms were manifest
- O my (Vasudeva) Lord (Krsna), Lord of the demigods, after hearing the prophecy that You would take birth in our (Vasudeva's and Devaki's) home and kill him (Kamsa), this uncivilized Kamsa killed so many of Your elder brothers
- Obeisances unto the Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva, directly indicate Lord Sri Krsna, who is the divine son of Vasudeva and Devaki. This fact will be more explicitly explained in the text of this work
- Of these eight expansions (Purusottama, Acyuta, Nrsimha, Janardana, Hari, Krsna, Adhoksaja and Upendra), two are pastime forms of Vasudeva. Their names are Adhoksaja and Purusottama. The two pastime forms of Sankarsana are Upendra and Acyuta
- On the whole, however, his (Paundraka's) dress and makeup were clearly imitation. Anyone could understand that he was just like someone onstage playing the part of Vasudeva in false dress
- Only that Supreme Person - Krsna, or Vasudeva - can bestow all auspicious benedictions upon everyone, for He is the spiritual master of the universe
- Persons engaged in devotional service to Lord Vasudeva, Krsna, have naturally perfect knowledge and detachment from this material world. Therefore such devotees are not interested in the so-called happiness or so-called distress of this world
- Prtha: Daughter of Maharaja Surasena and sister of Vasudeva, Lord Krsna's father. Later she was adopted by Maharaja Kuntibhoja, and hence she is known as Kunti. She is the incarnation of the success potency of the Personality of Godhead
- Real knowledge is knowledge that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva, Lord Krsna, is everything, including one's self
- Refuted all arguments in the conclusions of "Krishna is the incarnation of Vishnu in the ocean of milk" "Krishna is the incarnation of Vasudeva the first plenary expansion of Narayana in Vaikuntha." "Krishna is the pastimeous Form of Narayana" etc
- Rukmini was the daughter of King Bhismaka, ruler of the province known as Vidarbha. Just as Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva, Rukmini is the supreme goddess of fortune, Maha-Laksmi
- Sri Balarama is a vaibhava-prakasa manifestation of Krsna. He is also manifested in the original quadruple expansions of Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha. These are prabhava-vilasa expansions with different emotions
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: O King, the demons and Daityas all engaged with full attention and effort in churning the ocean, but because they were not devotees of Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, they were not able to drink the nectar
- Svamsa expansions can be found in the quadruple forms of the Lord residing in Their respective places, beginning with Sankarsana, Vasudeva, Pradyumna and Aniruddha, and also in the purusa-avataras, lila-avataras, manvantara-avataras and yuga-avataras
- That is called vasudeva stage, and in the vasudeva stage, Vasudeva, Krsna, appears. You can see Krsna
- The Bhagavad-gita directs us (7.19) that after many, many births one fortunate person becomes aware of the fact that Vasudeva is all in all and that the best way of leading one's life is to surrender unto Him completely. That is the sign of a mahatma
- The chief quadruple expansions are named Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha. These are called prabhava-vilasa
- The demigods said: Sometimes You (Krsna) are called Giridhari because You lifted the hill known as Govardhana. You are sometimes called Nandanandana or Vasudeva or Devakinandana because You appear as the son of Maharaja Nanda or Vasudeva or Devaki
- The entire body of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva, is decorated. He wears a valuable jeweled helmet, necklaces and bracelets, His neck is adorned with the Kaustubha jewel, and He is dressed in yellow silk garments
- The first form of the Lord Sri Krsna first expands Himself as the form of Baladeva, and Baladeva expands in so many other forms, such as Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Aniruddha, Vasudeva, Narayana, Purusa, Rama and Nrsimha
- The Krsna known as Yadu-kumara is Vasudeva Krsna. He is different from the Krsna who is the son of Nanda. Yadu-kumara Krsna manifests His pastimes in the cities of Mathura and Dvaraka, but Krsna the son of Nanda never at any time leaves Vrndavana
- The message (by Paundraka to Krsna) contained the following statements, "I am the only Supreme Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva. No man can compete with me"
- The message (by Paundraka to Krsna) contained the following statements, "O (Krsna) descendant of the Yadu dynasty, please give up all the symbols of Vasudeva, which You have falsely assumed. And after giving up this position, come and surrender unto me"
- The message (by Paundraka to Krsna) contained the following statements, "You (Krsna) have falsely taken the position of Vasudeva without authority, but You should not propagate this false idea. You must give up Your position"
- The most confidential part of the instruction is that one should always chant & remember the glories of the Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, along with His different plenary portions expanded as Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha
- The Nagapatnis said, "By Your (Krsna's) expansion as the catur-vyuha - namely Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Aniruddha and Pradyumna - You are the cause of the development of mind and intelligence"
- The nine personalities mentioned are Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Aniruddha, Narayana, Nrsimha, Hayagriva, Varaha and Brahma
- The original Personality of Godhead Vasudeva, or Lord Krsna, who is famous as the son of King Vasudeva or King Nanda, is full with all opulences, all potencies, all fame, all beauty, all knowledge and all renunciation
- The plenary expansions of the Lord who preside over the Vaikuntha planets are four-armed, and they are known by a variety of names - Purusottama, Trivikrama, Kesava, Madhava, Aniruddha, Hrsikesa, Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Sridhara, Vasudeva, Damodara etc
- The predominator of the willing potency is Lord Krsna, for by His supreme will everything comes into existence. In willing, there is a need for knowledge, and that knowledge is expressed through Vasudeva
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, has many grades of parts and parcels, but the quadruple expansions of Krsna - Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha - are directly in the Visnu category
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva, Krsna, is extremely difficult to understand for unintelligent men who accept Him as impersonal or void, which He is not. The Lord is therefore understood and sung about by pure devotees
- There are hundreds and thousands of plenary expansions of Visnu, such as Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Aniruddha and Vasudeva, but here in this material world, the Visvatma, the Supersoul for all living entities, is Ksirodakasayi Visnu
- There are nine forms protecting the two Puris known as Mathura Puri and Dvaraka Puri. These nine forms are Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Aniruddha, Narayana, Nrsimha, Hayagriva, Varaha and Brahma
- These (Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha) expansions are the original Deities for all other truths, namely either visnu-tattva or sakti-tattvas
- These mudhas do not know that if they want to purify themselves, they must worship Lord Vasudeva (Krsna) by performing penances and austerities. This purification is the aim of human life. This life is not meant for blind indulgence
- This (Krsna is everything) enlightenment is attained by the great mahatmas or devotees, as it is stated in Bhagavad-gita (BG 7.19) that Vasudeva is all in all in everything and that there is no existence of anything without Vasudeva
- This conclusion (voidism or impersonalism) is useless for a Krsna conscious person. Only rarely by philosophical speculation can one reach the conclusion of worshiping Vasudeva, Krsna. This is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita itself
- This great machine, consisting of the stars and planets, resembles the form of a sisumara (dolphin) in the water. It is sometimes considered an incarnation of Krsna, Vasudeva. Great yogis meditate upon Vasudeva in this form because it is actually visible
- This is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita, wherein the Lord says that after many, many births, a great soul, or mahatma, surrenders unto the Lord, knowing well that Vasudeva, Krsna, is the cause of all causes
- Those who are vasudeva-parayana, who have fully surrendered to the lotus feet of Lord Vasudeva, Krsna, automatically achieve the results of mauna (silence), vrata (vows) and other such methods simply by discharging devotional service
- Those who were so-called mlecchas and yavanas, they are also taking to Vasudeva. Their love for Krsna is increasing
- To become absorbed in the transcendental name, quality, form and activities of the Supreme Person, Vasudeva, means to change the temper of the mind from matter to absolute knowledge
- Vasudeva is the original Personality of Godhead Lord Sri Krsna. As explained before, the original Personality of Godhead expands Himself by innumerable forms. Such expansion of forms is made possible by His various energies
- Vasudeva, or Lord Krsna, the Absolute Personality of Godhead, is the supreme controller of everything. There is no one in creation who is not afraid of the rage of the Almighty
- Vasudeva, or Lord Sri Krsna, is the cause of all causes. Everything that exists emanates from the Lord
- Vasudeva, or Lord Sri Krsna, is the original Supreme Person, as now confirmed by a mahajana, and therefore both the neophytes and the pure devotees must try to follow in his footsteps. That is the way of the devotional line
- Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha are all changeless, transcendental plenary expansions of the Supreme Lord who have no relation to the material modes
- Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha are also present in the four directions of this material world
- Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha are prabhava-vilasa forms of Krsna, and there are a total of twenty further variations
- Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha are the primary quadruple forms, from whom all other quadruple forms are manifested. They are all purely transcendental
- Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha constitute this second quadruple. They are purely transcendental
- Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha expand in eight additional vilasa-murtis. Their names are Purusottama, Acyuta, Nrsimha, Janardana, Hari, Krsna, Adhoksaja and Upendra
- We are known as Hare Krsna men. So we are not manufacturing something imaginary. That is not our position. Vasudevoktah. We are simply executing what Vasudeva has spoken. That's all. So our task is very easy, because we haven't got to manufacture
- When Cupid was burned to ashes by the anger of Lord Siva, he merged into the body of Vasudeva, and to get his body again he was begotten in the womb of Rukmini by Lord Krsna Himself
- When I see such a display, My heart becomes greatly excited. I long for such pastimes and desire a form exactly like that of the damsels of Vraja
- When Krsna and Arjuna went to see Lord Visnu, it is to be understood that Arjuna visited in His Nara-Narayana capacity, just as Krsna, when He displayed His pastimes in Dvaraka, acted in His Vasudeva capacity
- When Krsna, or Visnu, is alone, without the accompaniment of His internal energy, He is Vasudeva. When He is accompanied by His internal potency, He is called Dvarakadhisa
- When one compares the beauty, opulence, sweetness and intellectual pastimes of Vasudeva, the warrior, to Krsna, the cowherd boy, son of Nanda Maharaja, one sees that Krsna's attributes are more pleasant
- When one realizes the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna, in full potency after the removal of the hiranmaya-patra, one realizes vasudevah sarvam iti: (7.19) Lord Sri Krsna, who is known as Vasudeva, is everything-Brahman, Paramatma and Bhagavan
- Whenever one is perplexed, let him take shelter of the lotus feet of Vasudeva, Krsna, who will give the devotee intelligence to help him surpass all difficulties and return home, back to Godhead
- Whenever the word brahman appears, the impersonalists take this to mean the impersonal effulgence, the brahma-jyotir. Actually, however, Para-brahman, the Supreme Brahman, is Krsna, Vasudeva
- You have to come to this stage, vasudeva sarvam iti, fully, firmly convinced that "Vasudeva is my life. Vasudeva is everything. Krsna is my life." And the highest perfection is visible in the Vrndavana atmosphere, especially by the gopis
- You love your husband like this, your wife like this, your country like this, your society like this. There are different grades of loving demonstration. That loving demonstration, when it will be concentrated on Vasudeva, Krsna, that is the highest