Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God's Blackness (2 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Blackness"
The following 39 pages are in this category, out of 39 total.
- In Dvapara-yuga the people's occupational duty was to worship the lotus feet of Krsna. Therefore Lord Krsna, appearing in a blackish body, personally induced people to worship Him
- In His vaibhava-prakasa feature, the Lord manifests Himself as Balarama. The Balarama feature is as good as Krsna Himself, the only difference being that Krsna's bodily hue is blackish and Balarama's is whitish
- In krsna-lila the Lord's complexion is blackish. Holding a flute to His mouth, He enjoys as a cowherd boy. Now the selfsame person has appeared with a fair complexion, sometimes acting as a brahmana and sometimes accepting the renounced order of life
- In the Dvapara-yuga the Personality of Godhead appears in a blackish hue. He is dressed in yellow, He holds His own weapons, and He is decorated with the Kaustubha jewel and marks of Srivatsa. This is how His symptoms are described
- In the Dvapara-yuga, Lord Krsna in black color appeared, and in the Kali-yuga Lord Caitanya in yellow color appeared
- In the Dvapara-yuga, the Lord had descended in a blackish hue. This is the essence of the statements in the Puranas and other Vedic literatures with reference to the context
- King Nanda said, "When he (Garga Muni) came to perform the name-giving ceremony, he said that this boy descends in different periods of time in different colors and that this time He has appeared in Vrndavana in a blackish color, known as krsna"
- Krsna is generally known to be blackish, but when He is absorbed in the thought of the gopis, who are all of fair complexion, Krsna Himself also becomes fair
- Krsna once dressed Himself up exactly like Radharani, just to create fun among His friends. He put on golden earrings, and because He was blackish, He smeared the pulp of kunkuma all over His body in order to become as fair as She
- Kundalata said, "My dear friend, I have just seen an extraordinary beauty appearing in the person of Krsna. His blackish bodily hue appears just like the indranila jewel"
- She (one gopi) praised His (Krsna's) blackish complexion, the reddish color of chewing pan enhancing His beauty hundreds of times, the curling hair on His head, the kunkuma red spots on His body and the tilaka on His forehead
- Similarly, Maharaj Nanda addressed his wife, "My dear Yasoda, just look at your offspring, Krsna! See His blackish bodily luster, His eyes tinged with red color, His broad chest and His nice golden necklace
- Some specific provocations for parental love of Krsna are listed as His blackish bodily hue, which is very attractive and pleasing to see, His all-auspicious bodily features, His mildness
- Srimati Radharani continued, "We gopis of Vrndavana do not want to make any more friendships with this blackish boy (Krsna), but we do not know how we shall be able to give up remembering and talking about His activities"
- The Balarama feature is as good as Krsna Himself, the only difference being that Krsna's bodily hue is blackish and Balarama's is whitish
- The bhakti-yogi constantly sees Syamasundara - beautiful Lord Krsna with His blackish bodily hue
- The blackish body of Krsna triumphs over the new blackish rain cloud
- The brahmana continued, "Actually I only see Lord Krsna sitting on a chariot as Arjuna's charioteer. Taking the reins in His hands, He appears very beautiful and blackish"
- The brahmanas' wives saw Krsna with a blackish complexion, wearing a garment that glittered like gold. He wore a nice garland of forest flowers and a peacock feather on His head
- The bumblebee is very much favored by Krishna and Radharani. Sometimes the bumblebee is taken as a messenger by Radharani and she rebukes the bumblebee because the bumblebee is blackish and Krishna is also blackish
- The gopis become very much agitated by lusty desire; they are burning due to the poisonous bite inflicted by the black snakes of Krsna’s beautiful arms
- The gopis contemplated, "In all respects he resembles Krsna, Syamasundara, the beautiful blackish boy. He is even dressed exactly like Krsna. Where has this boy come from. Who is the fortunate girl who has him for her husband?"
- The gopis' sleeping condition is compared to the white swans, and the sound of Krsna's flute is compared to a black wasp
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana used to say, "Krsna is always manifest before us with a complexion like a blackish cloud"
- The Lord's beautiful bodily color is blackish, and His broad chest is the resting place of the goddess of fortune, who glorifies the entire spiritual world, the summit of all heavenly planets
- The Lord's body is blackish, but is eternal, full of bliss and knowledge, and very, very beautiful. His eyes are always peaceful, and they are reddish like the rising morning sun
- This boy (Krsna) has three other colors - white, red and yellow - as He appears in different ages. Now He has appeared in a transcendental blackish color
- This child formerly had three colors according to the prescribed color for different millenniums. Formerly He was white, red and yellow, and now He has assumed a blackish color
- This yellow color refers to Caitanya Mahaprabhu, golden color. So this is also confirmed. If somebody says that "He is Krsna. Why He is not blackish?" No. He appears as the devotee of Krsna in golden color. We say, therefore, "golden avatara"