Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Blackish"
The following 52 pages are in this category, out of 52 total.
- A devotee said, "He is the supreme Param-brahma in His eternal transcendental form of a cloudy blackish complexion. Now I shall give up my affection for my material body, which is nothing but a bunch of flesh and blood"
- Although His complexion is not blackish, He is Krsna Himself. He is accompanied by His associates, servants, weapons and confidential companions
- Although Krsna was invincible to any enemy, the cowherd boys of Vrndavana became almost blackish with astonishment upon seeing His wonderful royal garments and His fighting feats on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra
- Because his (Jada Bharata's) body was dirty, his spiritual effulgence and knowledge were covered, just as the splendor of a valuable gem is covered by dirt. He only wore a dirty loincloth and his sacred thread, which was blackish
- Both Brahmananda and Gaurahari are moving, whereas the blackish Lord Jagannatha is sitting tight and immobile
- By performing the sacrifice of congregational chanting of the holy name, learned scholars in the Age of Kali worship Lord Krsna, who is now nonblackish because of the great upsurge of the feelings of Srimati Radharani
- He had a glossy blackish complexion, and His tall, strong, heroic stature made Him seem like Cupid himself
- Her (Radharani's) beauty is more and more enhanced, being decorated with the red kunkuma of beauty itself and the blackish musk of conjugal love. Thus Her body is decorated with different colors
- His (Jada Bharata) body was dirty, his spiritual effulgence and knowledge were covered, just as the splendor of a valuable gem is covered by dirt. He only wore a dirty loincloth and his sacred thread, which was blackish
- His complexion is certainly not blackish. Indeed, His not being blackish indicates that His complexion is yellow
- If someone tries to describe Him as being of blackish complexion, the next adjective (tvisa akrsnam) immediately restricts him
- In Dvapara-yuga the people's occupational duty was to worship the lotus feet of Krsna. Therefore Lord Krsna, appearing in a blackish body, personally induced people to worship Him
- In His vaibhava-prakasa feature, the Lord manifests Himself as Balarama. The Balarama feature is as good as Krsna Himself, the only difference being that Krsna's bodily hue is blackish and Balarama's is whitish
- In Padyavali a devotee says , "As for us we are simply attached to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is by nature so pleasing, who possesses a complexion like a blackish cloud"
- In the age of Kali, intelligent persons perform congregational chanting to worship the incarnation of Godhead who constantly sings the names of Krsna. Although His complexion is not blackish, He is Krsna Himself (SB 11.5.32) (Books)
- In the Dvapara-yuga the Personality of Godhead appears in a blackish hue. He is dressed in yellow, He holds His own weapons, and He is decorated with the Kaustubha jewel and marks of Srivatsa. This is how His symptoms are described
- In the Dvapara-yuga, the Lord had descended in a blackish hue. This is the essence of the statements in the Puranas and other Vedic literatures with reference to the context
- In the past, your son has had bodies of three different colors, according to the age. These colors were white, red and yellow. In this age (Dvapara-yuga) He has accepted a blackish body
- Lord Ksirodakasayi Visnu is celebrated as possessing a blackish color, Lord Siva is whitish, and Lord Brahma is reddish
- Lord Vamanadeva appeared in this world from the womb of Aditi completely equipped with conchshell, disc, club and lotus. His bodily hue was blackish, and He was dressed in yellow garments
- Of the two Brahmans, You are fair-complexioned, and the other, Lord Jagannatha, is blackish. Both of You are delivering the whole world
- Out of the many close associates of Lord Krsna, Uddhava is considered the best. The following is a description of him: "His body is blackish like the color of the Yamuna River, and it is similarly as cool
- Some of the transcendental bodies of the Lord are blackish, and some of them are whitish. Some of them are reddish, and some are yellowish
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu first showed him the four-handed form and then appeared before him in His original form of Krsna, with a blackish complexion and a flute to His lips
- Sukadeva Goswami was blackish and very beautiful due to his youth. Because of the glamor of his body and his attractive smiles, he was pleasing to women. Though he tried to cover his natural glories, the great sages honored him by rising from their seats
- Supreme Person is neither very fat nor very thin; He is always transcendental to material qualities, and yet His bodily luster is blackish. His eyes are reddish, He is all-powerful, and He is equipped with all different kinds of opulences
- The Balarama feature is as good as Krsna Himself, the only difference being that Krsna’s bodily hue is blackish and Balarama’s is whitish
- The brahmana continued, "Actually I only see Lord Krsna sitting on a chariot as Arjuna's charioteer. Taking the reins in His hands, He appears very beautiful and blackish"
- The bumblebee is very much favored by Krishna and Radharani. Sometimes the bumblebee is taken as a messenger by Radharani and she rebukes the bumblebee because the bumblebee is blackish and Krishna is also blackish
- The demigods said: Although You (Krsna) appear in a color which is compared to the blackish cloud, because You are the Transcendental Absolute, Your beauty is many, many times more attractive than the delicate body of Cupid
- The gopis were like steady streaks of lightning, and Krsna resembled a blackish cloud. The lightning began sprinkling water upon the cloud, and the cloud upon the lightning
- The hunter's body was blackish. He had reddish eyes, and he appeared fierce. It was as if the superintendent of death, Yamaraja, were standing there with a bow and arrows in his hands
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana used to say, "Krsna is always manifest before us with a complexion like a blackish cloud"
- The Koran accepts the fact that ultimately there is only one God. He is full of opulence, and His bodily complexion is blackish
- The Lord appeared like a blackish cloud. He was dressed with yellow garments, His earrings shone on His ears like lightning, and His hair spread over His shoulders. He wore a garland of flowers, and His eyes were pinkish
- The Lord's beautiful bodily color is blackish, and His broad chest is the resting place of the goddess of fortune, who glorifies the entire spiritual world, the summit of all heavenly planets
- The prince, just entering upon his youth, was very beautiful. He was blackish in complexion and had large lotus eyes
- Their bodily complexion was blackish, almost like Krsna's, and they (the cowherd boys) all had four arms. The same calves and cows were still present there, in the same original fashion
- This child formerly had three colors according to the prescribed color for different millenniums. Formerly He was white, red and yellow, and now He has assumed a blackish color
- This incarnation as a woman, Mohini-murti, was most pleasing to the mind. Her complexion resembled in color a newly grown blackish lotus, and every part of Her body was beautifully situated
- When they (the elephants) came out, they saw that Lord Krsna and His wife were beautifully situated high in outer space just like a blackish cloud about the sun, glittering with the light of electricity
- Where is Krsna, the treasure of My life? Where is the lotus-eyed one? Alas! Where is the divine ocean of all transcendental qualities? Alas! Where is the beautiful blackish youth dressed in yellow garments? Alas! Where is the hero of the rasa dance
- Where is that necklace of pearls that resemble flocks of ducks flying in the sky? The blackish body of Krsna triumphs over the new blackish rain cloud