This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
- ► Caitanya's Prowess (3 P)
- ► God's Prowess (1 C, 18 P)
- ► Krsna's Prowess (2 C, 12 P)
- ► Prowess of Devotional Service to God (2 P)
Pages in category "Prowess"
The following 79 pages are in this category, out of 79 total.
- A Vaisnava is personally tolerant for the benefit of others. When he does not show his prowess, this does not mean that he is lacking in strength; rather, it indicates that he is tolerant for the welfare of the entire human society
- After hearing Jarasandha speak in that way, Krsna answered, 'My dear King Jarasandha, heroes do not talk much. Rather, they show their prowess. Because you are talking a great deal, it appears that you are assured of your death in this battle"
- All these actions of suddha-sattva (the full opulences of knowledge, wealth, prowess, etc.) display the potencies of Maha-sankarsana, who is the ultimate reservoir of all individual living entities who are suffering in the material world
- Although He (Lord Vamanadeva) pretended to be an ordinary human child, He actually wanted the land comprising the upper, middle and lower planetary systems. This was just to show the prowess of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Arjuna said, "I had a fight with Lord Siva, who appeared before me as a hunter, and when I satisfied him by my prowess he gave me the weapon known as Pasupata. Do not doubt my chivalry"
- Arjuna said, "My name is Arjuna, and I carry the bow known as Gandiva. You cannot insult me, for I have satisfied even Lord Siva by my prowess when we were both hunting in the forest"
- Because the churning rod, Mandara Mountain, was very heavy and was not held by any support in the water, it sank into the ocean, and in this way the prowess of both the demons and the demigods was vanquished
- Both demons and demigods, have been born of the same father, Kasyapa, and thus we are related as brothers. But now we are exhibiting our personal prowess in dissension. Therefore we request You to settle our dispute and divide the nectar equally among us
- Brahmanas and Vaisnavas are more powerful than royalty. It is therefore advised that the princely order not exhibit its material prowess before these two communities and should avoid offending them
- By prowess one can avoid fearfulness
- By the influence of Visvamitra, he (Trisanku) went to the higher planetary system, the heavenly planets, in his material body, but because of the prowess of the demigods he fell back downward
- Dhruva Maharaja was their (Yaksa's) enemy, but still, upon witnessing the wonderful, heroic acts of Maharaja Dhruva, they were very pleased with him. This straightforward appreciation of an enemy's prowess is a characteristic of real ksatriya spirit
- Dhruva Maharaja was their enemy, but still, upon witnessing the wonderful, heroic acts of Maharaja Dhruva, they were very pleased with him. This straightforward appreciation of an enemy's prowess is a characteristic of real ksatriya spirit
- In Kali-yuga, saintly persons are not as powerful as they previously were. They used to be able to burn any sinful man to ashes by virtue of their spiritual prowess
- In the spiritual sky there is a spiritual creative energy technically called suddha-sattva, which is a pure spiritual energy that sustains all the Vaikuntha planets with the full opulences of knowledge, wealth, prowess, etc
- It is also stated here (in SB 3.19.32) that although the demon Hiranyaksa was unlimited in prowess, he was just like a doll for the Lord. A child breaks so many dolls without real endeavor
- It is the duty of all citizens in a state never to insult the king, even though he sometimes appears to have done something very sinful. Because of his prowess, the king is always more influential than all other ruling chiefs
- It is the prowess of these twin asuras (demons) that has disturbed you, for it has minimized your power. There is no remedy within my power, however, for it is the Lord Himself who desires to do all this
- King Nagnajit continued, "I have imposed this test just to understand the prowess & position of my intended son-in-law. You, Krsna, are the chief of all heroes. I am sure You will be able to bring these seven bulls under control without any difficulty"
- Knowing that they commit offenses because they are overpowered by the illusory energy, he does not show his prowess to counteract them
- Krsna replied, "Foolish Salva, you are talking nonsensically. You do not know that the moment of death is already upon your head. Actual heroes do not talk much. They prove their prowess by practical exhibition of chivalrous activities"
- Krsna said, "At this time all the ferocious jungle animals - the tigers, bears, jackals and wolves - are prowling in the forest. Therefore it is very dangerous for you (the gopis). You cannot select a secure place now"
- Leaving aside their leader even in the very beginning of the fight, they decided to flee because all their prowess had been taken away by the enemy
- Lord Brahma said: My dear boy Narada, being merciful to all (including me) you have asked all these questions because I have been inspired to see into the prowess of the Almighty Personality of Godhead
- Maharaja Priyavrata strictly maintained varnasrama-dharma by his extraordinary, unparalleled prowess. To maintain such a life of strict vigilance, one needs encouragement from his wife
- Maharaja Prthu, although situated in the transcendental position of a pure devotee, came down to the position of brahmana and ksatriya for the benefit of human society and thus gave protection to the entire world by his personal prowess
- Maitreya continued: My dear Vidura, I have explained to you the Personality of Godhead's coming down as the first boar incarnation and killing in a great fight a demon of unprecedented prowess as if he were just a plaything
- My dear Bhattacarya, you have certainly explained this verse by the prowess of your vast learning, but you should know that, besides this scholarly explanation, there is another purport to this verse
- My dear Lord Vidura, when the great sages observed the wonderful prowess of the son of King Prthu, they all agreed to give him the name Vijitasva
- My dear lord, Sukadeva Gosvami, although Vrtrasura was a sinful demon, he showed the prowess of a most exalted ksatriya and satisfied Lord Indra in battle. How could such a demon be a great devotee of Lord Krsna?
- My lord, our old enemy Bali Maharaja now has new enthusiasm, and he has obtained such astonishing power that we think that perhaps we cannot resist his prowess
- Not knowing the prowess of Siva & Parvati, Citraketu strongly criticized them. His statements were not pleasing & therefore Parvati, being very angry, spoke as follows to Citraketu, who thought himself better than Lord Siva in controlling the senses
- Nowadays it is the fashion of the atheistic class of men to try to become God by following some mystic process. Generally the atheists claim to be God by dint of their imagination or their meditational prowess. Krsna is not that kind of God
- O Indra, King of heaven, the thunderbolt you carry to kill me has been empowered by the prowess of Lord Visnu and the strength of Dadhici's austerities
- O King, longevity, sensory prowess, physical and mental strength, intelligence and bravery are naturally and equally manifested in all the inhabitants of the five islands headed by Plaksadvipa
- One cannot avoid the order of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, not by the strength of severe austerities, an exalted Vedic education, or the power of mystic yoga, physical prowess or intellectual activities
- One's so-called prowess, when employed against the devotee, certainly harms he who employs it. Thus it is the subject, not the object, who is harmed
- Our sensory prowess, mental power, bodily strength, living force, immortality and mortality are all subject to the superintendence of the SPG. Not knowing this, foolish people think the dull material body to be the cause of their activities
- Our sensory prowess, mental power, bodily strength, living force, immortality and mortality are all subject to the superintendence of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Rathitara had no sons, and therefore he requested the great sage Angira to beget sons for him. Because of this request, Angira begot sons in the womb of Rathitara's wife. All these sons were born with brahminical prowess
- Ravana felt proud of his prowess and began to loiter in the midst of the fighting soldiers, thinking himself the conqueror of all directions
- Ruci was considered a first-class brahmana; therefore he is mentioned here (in SB 4.1.3) as brahma-varcasvi, one who had full prowess in brahminical strength
- Talkativeness can be avoided by gravity and silence, and by prowess one can avoid fearfulness. Perfect knowledge can be obtained by self-cultivation
- The asuras are generally strongly built, as described here, and therefore their mental condition is very sound, and their prowess is also extraordinary
- The celestial species of human beings, like the Gandharvas, Vidyadharas, Caranas and angels, all represent His musical rhythm, and the demoniac soldiers are representations of His wonderful prowess
- The five sense objects and eleven senses, including the mind, are His partial manifestations. He supplies all the necessities of life, which are His energy and thus nondifferent from Him, and He is the cause of everyone's bodily and mental prowess
- The little brahmana wanted to show his prowess in destruction, and he had the audacity to punish such a great king as Maharaja Pariksit. He wanted to take the place of Lord Krsna after His departure
- The living entity comes in contact with his material bodies, whether high or low, and later gives them up by his personal prowess. This strength can be perceived in a living entity's personal power to possess different types of bodies
- The sons of Sumati, who were very proud of their prowess and influence, following the order of their father, searched for the lost horse. While doing so, they dug into the earth very extensively
- The word anapavarga-virya is significant in this verse (SB 4.30.43). The word ana means "without," pavarga means "the materialistic way of life," and virya means "prowess."
- There are many 100's and 1,000's of devotees of Lord Caitanya among whom there are no special symptoms, but when a devotee of C.M. functions with specific prowess, he displays the feature called avesa
- There is no end to the great & glorious qualities of that powerful Anantadeva. His prowess is unlimited. Though self-sufficient, He Himself is the support of everything. He resides beneath the lower planetary systems & easily sustains the entire universe
- Thereupon, when all the good signs of the zodiac gradually evolved, the heir apparent of Pandu (Pariksit), who would be exactly like him in prowess, took birth
- They (the brahmanas) could kill all the thieves and rogues by the prowess of their mantras, but they thought it the duty of ksatriya kings to do so. Thus they reluctantly did not take part in the killing business
- This discrepancy in the objective is due to your priest's deviation from the original purpose. However, by my own prowess I shall give you a good son
- This intoxicant (an intoxicating beverage made with a drug known as hataka - cannabis indica) endows the man with great sexual prowess, of which the women take advantage for enjoyment
- This straightforward appreciation of an enemy's prowess is a characteristic of real ksatriya spirit
- This Sudarsana cakra is the killer of the prowess of all other weapons, the killer of darkness, and the manifester of the prowess of devotional service; it is the means of establishing religious principles & it is the killer of all irreligious activities
- When he died he had wanted to show his prowess, and thus he had bitten his lips, and his teeth remained in that position. His beautiful lotuslike face was now black and covered with dust from the battlefield
- When Hiranyakasipu was freed from the hands of Nrsimha-deva, he falsely thought that the Lord was afraid of his prowess. Therefore, after taking a little rest from the fight, he took up his sword and shield and again attacked the Lord with great force
- When Hiranyakasipu was freed from the hands of Nrsimhadeva, he falsely thought that the Lord was afraid of his prowess. Therefore, after taking a little rest from the fight, he took up his sword and shield and again attacked the Lord with great force
- When the son of Maharaja Nabhi became visible, He evinced all good qualities described by the great poets - namely, a well-built body with all the symptoms of the Godhead, prowess, strength, beauty, name, fame, influence and enthusiasm
- When Vrtrasura was killed, the Gandharvas & Siddhas in the heavenly planets beat kettledrums in jubilation. With Vedic hymns they celebrated the prowess of Indra, the killer of Vrtrasura, praising Indra and showering flowers upon him with great pleasure
- Whenever he was determined to fix his arrow upon his bowstring with his two powerful arms, all opponents of the regulative principles of religious life would flee from his presence in fear of the unparalleled prowess he displayed in ruling the universe
- While showing his extraordinary prowess, Hiranyakasipu, who desired to kill his own son, heard that wonderful, tumultuous sound, which had never before been heard
- Who can describe completely the prowess of Visnu? Even the scientist, who might have counted the particles of the atoms of the universe, cannot do so
- Who is a better worshiper of brahmanas than Maharaja Nabhi? Because he worshiped the qualified brahmanas to their full satisfaction, the brahmanas, by their brahminical prowess, showed Maharaja Nabhi the Supreme Personality of God, Narayana, in person
- You are naturally cruel. If the other demigods, unaware of my prowess, follow you by attacking me with raised weapons, I shall sever their heads with this sharp trident
- You are the maintainer of the entire universe, and you are the supreme transcendental prowess in the hands of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- You must be loitering in this forest to shoot those arrows at someone, but I cannot understand whom. My intelligence is dull, & I cannot combat you. Indeed, no one can equal you in prowess, & therefore I pray that your prowess will be for my good fortune
- Your materialistic ideas and anxieties that have arisen from your association with the demons and Danavas will immediately be vanquished because there you will see My supreme prowess