Category:Krsna Is Lord Visnu
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Krsna Is Lord Visnu"
The following 192 pages are in this category, out of 192 total.
- A person who is directly surrendered to Lord Krsna, or Visnu, in unalloyed devotional service is immediately promoted to the spiritual planets. Lord Siva and other demigods attain these planets after the destruction of this material world
- A sinful man is very expert to commit sinful activities, but the holy name of Krsna is so strong that he will be unable to commit so much sins as can be extinguished simply by uttering once the name of Lord Visnu or Krsna
- A yogi who is practicing meditation on the Supersoul sees within himself the plenary portion of Krsna as Visnu - with four hands, holding conchshell, wheel, club and lotus flower
- According to the authorized version of Srimad-Bhagavatam, one has to hear and chant about Lord Visnu (Krsna) only
- Actually, a yogi concentrates his mind on the form of Lord Visnu. That is real yoga. Krsna is the original form of all visnu-tattvas. The gopis could not go to Krsna personally, so they began to meditate on Him as perfect yogis
- Actually, even thinking of the demigods cannot compare with thinking of Krsna. It is warned in the vaisnava-tantra that one who puts Visnu, Narayana or Krsna on the same level as the demigods is called a pasandi, or rascal
- Akrura continued, "After being properly initiated in the method of Pancaratra, they decorate their bodies with tilaka and engage in worshiping Your different forms of visnu-murti"
- Akrura knew beyond a doubt that Lord Krsna is the Supreme Visnu. Lord Visnu glances over the material energy, and thus the cosmic manifestation comes into being
- Akrura thought, "Today it will be possible for me to actually see the beauty of the spiritual kingdom of Visnuloka because Krsna is the Supreme Visnu and He has advented Himself out of His own good will"
- All a devotee's works are technically sacrifices because sacrifice aims at satisfying the Supreme Person, Visnu, Krsna. The resultant reactions to all such work certainly merge into transcendence, and one does not suffer material effects
- Although Maha-Visnu, Padmanabha and Ksirodakasayi Visnu are all shelters and controllers of the entire universe, They are nonetheless but plenary portions or portions of the plenary portions of Krsna. Therefore He is the original Personality of Godhead
- Although there is no difference between Lord Krsna and Lord Visnu, Krsna descends to this planet in His Vasudeva feature for the purpose of protecting His devotees and annihilating the miscreants
- Although these two men - Sisupala and Dantavakra - repeatedly blasphemed the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Visnu (Krsna), the Supreme Brahman, they were quite healthy
- Although You are present within this universe by Your three qualitative incarnations, Brahma, Visnu and Mahesvara, You are transcendental to the material creation
- Among the Daitya demons I am the devoted Prahlada; among subduers I am time; among the beasts I am the lion, and among birds I am Garuda, the feathered carrier of Visnu. BG 10.30 - 1972
- And by chanting the holy name of Lord Krsna only once, one receives the same benefit. In other words, of all the holy names of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, including Visnu and Rama, the holy name of Krsna is the most powerful
- Anyone who has got little control, he can be called isvara. That is the dictionary meaning. But even the original isvaras, namely Brahma, Visnu, Mahesvara, they are also not supreme isvara. The supreme isvara is Krsna
- As far as possible, every householder, by the direction of the spiritual master, must install the Deity of Visnu, forms like Radha-Krsna, Laksmi-Narayana, Sita-Rama, Nrsimha, Varaha, Gaura-Nitai, Matsya, Kurma and salagrama-sila
- As indicated in Bhagavad-gita, whenever we find someone extraordinary preaching the bhakti cult, we should know that he is especially empowered by Lord Visnu, or Lord Krsna
- As soon as Krsna asked them (gopis) to go home, they immediately left & returned home. Sukadeva Gosvami concludes this episode of the rasa-lila by pointing out that if a person hears from the right source about the pastimes of Krsna, who is Visnu Himself
- At that time, therefore, Lord Visnu is present in the body of Lord Krsna, and Lord Krsna kills the demons through Him
- Bhagavatah refers to Lord Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The Supreme Godhead is Krsna; from Him comes the first expansion, Baladeva, and from Baladeva come Sankarsana, Aniruddha and many other forms, followed by the purusa-avataras
- Bhakti-yoga can be applicable to any one of these form, either Krsna or Rama or Visnu or Narayana, so many forms. Generally, Vaisnavas worship the form of Krsna, Radha-Krsna, and Laksmi-Narayana. In our conditional stage, we cannot worship Radha-Krsna
- Both the Supreme Lord and the living entities enter into the material nature. The Supreme Lord, Krsna, by one of His plenary expansions, manifests as Karanodakasayi, Maha-Visnu, the gigantic Visnu form lying in the Causal Ocean
- Brahma has confirmed that Lord Krsna is the Supreme, the source of the three manifestations known as Ksirodakasayi Visnu, Garbhodakasayi Visnu and Karanodakasayi Visnu (Maha-Visnu)
- Brahma said, "As it is described in Brahma-samhita, the brahmajyoti is nothing but Your personal bodily effulgence. There are many Visnu incarnations & incarnations of Your different qualities, but all those incarnations are not on the same level"
- Brahma said, "First of all I saw You alone; thereafter You (Krsna) expanded Yourself as Your cowherd boyfriends, the calves and all the existence of Vrndavana; then I saw You and all the boys and calves as four-handed Visnus"
- Brahma said, "My conclusion is that You (Krsna) are the Supreme Soul, the Absolute Truth, and the supreme original person; and although by Your inconceivable transcendental potencies You have expanded Yourself in so many Visnu forms"
- Brahma said, "Persons who are not in awareness of things as they are contemplate that I, Brahma, am the creator, Visnu is the maintainer, and Lord Siva is the annihilator"
- Brahma said, "Persons who are unaware of Your inconceivable energy cannot understand that You alone expand Yourself as the creator (Brahma), the maintainer (Visnu) and the annihilator (Siva)"
- Brahma said, "They (the four-handed Visnus) were being worshiped by all elements and all demigods, including myself. Again They were all wound up, and You remained alone as You were before. Does this not mean that You are the Supreme Lord Narayana"
- Devaki said, "My dear Krsna, I know that Maha-Visnu, who is lying in the Causal Ocean of the cosmic manifestation and who is the source of this whole creation, is simply an expansion of Your plenary portion"
- Devaki said, "You (Krsna) are not limited to a particular form only; all such transcendental, eternal forms are self-sufficient. I can understand that You are the Supreme Lord Visnu"
- Devanam means in the beginning there was Brahma, Visnu, Mahesvara. And Krsna is adi of these devas also. Aham adir hi devanam. Aham sarvasya prabhavo: "Everything has emanated from Me"
- Devotees of the Personality of Godhead never ask any benediction from Lord Visnu, or Krsna, and even if they ask something from the Lord, it is not at all dangerous for human society
- Even Lord Maha-visnu, who by His breathing creates many millions upon millions of universes, is Lord Krsna's kala-visesa, or plenary portion of a plenary portion
- Everyone must be self-interested. That is natural. But they do not know what is self-interest. The self-interest is to approach Visnu or Krsna and satisfy Him. That is self-interest
- For affairs of the material creation, Lord Maha-Visnu, the plenary portion of Krsna, is in charge. Thus, when the Lord descends, the incarnation emanates from Visnu
- For the maintenance of the universe, Lord Krsna descends as His personal plenary expansion in the form of Visnu. He is the director of the mode of goodness; therefore He is transcendental to the material energy
- Having spoken thus to His father and mother, the Lord (Visnu) turned Himself into an ordinary child (Krsna) in their presence and remained silent
- He (Krsna) appeared before them nicely covered by yellow silken garments, with four hands like Visnu, and carrying the different symbols of the club, the conchshell, the disc and the lotus flower
- He (Krsna) still further manifests Himself as Ksirodakasayi Visnu, and that Visnu enters into everything - even into the minute atom. This fact is explained here. He enters into everything
- He must be the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, who has many Visnu forms. Mucukunda therefore took Him to be Purusottama, Lord Visnu
- However, because in that miserable condition they (different rulers of the world) had had the opportunity to think about Lord Krsna, they immediately saw Him now as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu
- If Lord Krsna gives up this original form and assumes another Visnu form, nearness to Him cannot invoke the ecstatic mood of the gopis
- If the yogi, at the time of death, can pronounce om, the concise form of transcendental vibration, and at the same time mam anusmaran, remember Krsna, Visnu, he will attain perfection
- If we want to be free from the entanglement of this karma, then we must work for Krsna. Krsna's another name is Yajna, Yajnabhuja, Visnu
- Impelled by false prestige and infatuated by material opulences, human society, instead of striving for Krsna consciousness, creates havoc and disrupts peaceful living. Thus men forget the real purpose of life: to attain the favor of Lord Visnu
- In His (Krsna's) pastimes in the spiritual sky, He lies down in the Causal Ocean as Karanarnavasayi, the purusa-avatara. His incarnations as a fish, tortoise and so on are called His causal incarnations, or incarnations for particular occasions
- In His Visnu form, the Lord carries four weapons in His four hands - a lotus flower and a conchshell in two hands, and in the other two hands a club and a disc
- In other words, in terms of the chunk theory, the bursting of the chunk was caused by the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Thus one must accept the supreme cause, Lord Visnu, as the cause of all causes
- In some other Puranas it is stated that Garuda, the eternal carrier of Visnu, knew that Krsna would take this action in the future, and so he put some nectar on this tree to preserve it
- In the beginning, Krsna incarnates Himself as the purusa-avataras, or Visnu incarnations. These are of three types
- In the Vedic scripture known as Hari-vamsa it is stated that only the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu, is to be worshiped and that the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, or any such visnu-mantra, is always to be chanted
- It is also stated that all these four effects become immediately vanquished for those who surrender unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu, and become engaged in His devotional service in full Krsna consciousness
- It is said in the scriptures that one thousand names of Visnu are equal to one name of Rama, and three names of Lord Rama are equal to one name of Krsna
- It is said of Krsna's devotees that if they offer even a little water or a tulasi leaf in devotion to Lord Visnu, Lord Visnu is so kind that He will sell Himself to them
- It is stated in the Bhagavad-gita that anyone who accepts Lord Visnu or Krsna as the supreme friend attains the highest perfection of peaceful life
- Jambavan identified Lord Krsna as the Supreme Personality, Lord Visnu, "My dear Lord, You are the creator of the creators of the universal affairs"
- Jambavan said to the Lord, "My dear Lord, I can now understand who You are. You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Visnu, the source of everyone's strength, wealth, reputation, beauty, wisdom and renunciation"
- Just as Srimati Radharani is dear to the Supreme Lord Krsna (Visnu), so Her bathing place (Radha-kunda) is equally dear to Krsna. Among all the gopis, She alone stands supreme as the Lord's most beloved
- Kalayavana saw Him, in His Visnu form, with a well-built body, four hands, and eyes like the petals of a newly blooming lotus
- Kalindi replied (to Arjuna), "I think He (Lord Visnu) is the Supreme Person and just suitable to become my husband. I disclose my desire thus because you wanted to know it"
- King Nanda said, "Gargacarya thus concluded that my child (Krsna) would grow to be exactly like Visnu in transcendental beauty, qualification, activities, influence and opulence, and so we should not be very astonished by His wonderful activities"
- King Nanda said, "On the whole, He (Krsna) is exactly like Lord Visnu, who always takes the side of the demigods, who are consequently never defeated by the demons"
- Krsna appeared before him with four hands, as visnu-murti, with a garland called Vaijayanti hanging from His neck down to His knees. He looked lustrous, His face was beautifully smiling, and He wore nice jeweled earrings on His ears
- Krsna appeared outside His mother’s body as the four-handed Visnu-Narayana. Then He turned Himself into a baby and told His father to carry Him to the house of Nanda Maharaja and his wife Yasoda
- Krsna comes in His original form... Original form is two-handed. It is also accepted in the Bible: "Man is made after the image of God." So God has got two-handed. Even the four-handed Visnu form is not the original
- Krsna expands Himself as Baladeva, Sankarsana, Vasudeva, Aniruddha, Pradyumna, Rama, Nrsimha and Varaha, as well as many other incarnations and innumerable Visnu expansions
- Krsna expands Himself as Visnu the way a bright candle kindles another. Although there is no difference between the power of one candle and another, Krsna is compared to the original candle
- Krsna had appeared on the surface of the earth like an ordinary human being, but actually Krsna and Balarama are the Supersoul living within the heart of every living entity. They are Visnu Himself but were playing just like ordinary human boys
- Krsna is actually Visvatma by His plenary expansion as visnu-tattva
- Krsna is called the Supreme Brahman because He is the cause of creation, the cause of maintenance and the cause of dissolution. Lord Brahma, Lord Visnu and Lord Siva are different expansions of these material qualities
- Krsna is the origin of all visnu-tattvas, including Maha-Visnu, Garbhodakasayi Visnu and Ksirodakasayi Visnu. He is the ultimate goal of Vaisnava philosophy. Everything emanates from Him. His body is completely spiritual
- Krsna is the origin of Lord Visnu. He should always be remembered and never forgotten at any time. All the rules and prohibitions mentioned in the sastras should be the servants of these two principles
- Krsna is the origin. Therefore Krsna says, aham sarvasya prabhavah. Sarvasya means even this Maha-Visnu, Garbhodakasayi Visnu, Ksirodakasayi Visnu, Narayana, Sankarsana, Aniruddha, Pradyumna - everything
- Krsna is the original Personality of Godhead, the origin of all Visnu forms, and the cowherd boys are all demigods
- Krsna is worshiped not only by all living entities, including the great demigods like Lord Siva and Lord Brahma, but also by Visnu expansions (forms of Godhead) such as Baladeva and Sesa
- Krsna told Paundraka, "Paundraka, you requested Me to give up the symbols of Lord Visnu, specifically My disc. Now I will give it up to you. Be careful! You falsely declare yourself Vasudeva, imitating Me. Therefore no one is a greater fool than you"
- Krsna, as Garbhodakasayi Visnu, is within the gigantic universe, and He is lying in the Causal Ocean as Maha-Visnu, in a body so gigantic that when He exhales, millions and trillions of universes emanate from His body
- Krsna, or Lord Visnu, however, lives very opulently, whether in Vaikuntha or in the material world, but His devotees appear poverty-stricken
- Krsna, the original Visnu, by expanding His internal potency, created the inhabitants of Vrndavana
- Liberation cannot be awarded by any living entity but the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu. Therefore another name of Lord Visnu or Krsna is Mukunda, "He who can award liberation"
- Lord Krsna is described herein as Visnu, and this is also significant. Lord Krsna, the original Personality of Godhead, does the work of protection and annihilation in His capacity of Visnu. Lord Visnu is the plenary expansion of Lord Krsna
- Lord Krsna is Himself the original Visnu, but because He played the part of a human being, He taught us definitely by His personal behavior what is meant by meditation
- Lord Krsna, being the original Visnu form, has only one emblem, namely the wheel, and therefore He is sometimes called the Cakri
- Lord Siva is in charge of the material quality of ignorance, and to keep himself in a transcendental position he always meditates on Lord Visnu, or Krsna, and always tries to purify himself with the water of the Ganges
- Lord Siva lives as a poor man although his devotees appear very opulent, whereas Lord Krsna, or Lord Visnu, is always opulent and yet His devotees appear poverty-stricken, is a situation which appears contradictory and puzzling to a discriminating person
- Lord Sri Krsna, expanding His plenary portion as Maha-visnu, the first incarnation, creates this manifested cosmos, but He is unborn. The creation, however, takes place in Him, and the material substance and manifestations are all Himself
- Lord Visnu in the dress of a brahmana appeared as a beggar before Bali and snatched away all of his opulence and his kingdom. He did this for the benefit of Indra, who, having been defeated by Bali Maharaja, was bereft of his kingdom
- Lord Visnu is Krsna's personal expansion; therefore He is the director of the mode of goodness and is always transcendentally situated, beyond the jurisdiction of the modes of material nature
- Lord Visnu is the original personal expansion of Krsna, and Krsna is the original source of all incarnations. As far as power is concerned, Lord Visnu is as powerful as Lord Krsna because He possesses all the opulences
- Maha-Visnu's real manifestation is Lord Krsna
- Maharaj Bali once told his priest, Sukracarya, "As far as this brahmana dwarf (the incarnation Vamanadeva) is concerned, if He is Lord Visnu, a simple brahmana, or even my enemy, I have decided to give to Him in charity all the land He has asked for"
- Meditation means to concentrate the mind only on Krsna or Visnu. This is meditation. I do not know nowadays so many meditators are there, they have no objective. Something they try to think of impersonal, nonmanifested
- My dear Lord, You are the topmost of all bestowers of all benediction, the oldest and supreme enjoyer amongst all enjoyers. You are the master of all the worlds' metaphysical philosophy, for You are the supreme cause of all causes, Lord Krsna
- My dear Uddhava, you may know that My transcendental form of Visnu in Svetadvipa is identical with Me in divinity
- Nalakuvara & Manigriva said: You (Krsna) are the original provider of the life, body and senses of all living entities. You are the eternal God, Lord Visnu, who is all-pervading, the imperishable controller of everything, and You are eternal time
- Nanda Maharaja had no knowledge that this child (Krsna) was the origin of Visnu; he was praying to Lord Visnu to protect Him
- Narayana, Visnu, or Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, does not belong to this world. He is above, or transcendental to, material creation
- Now there is a very good field of activities for the karma-yogis, who can engage all the various modern institutions in the transcendental service of Visnu, for the satisfaction of His transcendental senses
- O Saunaka, although the supreme brahmastra weapon released by Asvatthama was irresistible and without check or counteraction, it was neutralized and foiled when confronted by the strength of Visnu (Lord Krsna)
- One of the important residents of Dvaraka spoke, "My dear Lord Narayana, You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead. In Your plenary portion as Narayana, or Visnu, You have four hands with different symbols - the conchshell, disc, club and lotus flower"
- One who drinks the water of the Ganges attains salvation, so what to speak of one who drinks the nectar of Bhagavad-gita? Bhagavad-gita is the essential nectar of the Mahabharata, and it is spoken by Lord Krsna Himself, the original Visnu
- Para-tattva is Bhagavan. Para-tattva means Krsna, Rama, Narayana, Visnu. These are para-tattva. Bhagavan avatara, rama, nrsimha, varaha, kurma, vamana, dasavatara, all avatara
- Pariksit heard that out of His causeless mercy Krsna (Visnu), who is universally obeyed, rendered all kinds of service to the malleable sons of Pandu by accepting posts ranging from chariot driver to president to messenger, friend, night watchman, etc
- Paundraka's meditation was concentrated on the Visnu form, but because he thought himself Visnu, it was offensive. By his being killed by Krsna, that offense was mitigated. Thus he was given sarupya liberation, and he attained the same form as the Lord
- Pradyumna addressed Prabhavati at that time and said: "My dear Prabhavati, just look at the head of our family, Sri Krsna: He is Visnu Himself, the supreme driver of Garuda
- Refuted all arguments in the conclusions of "Krishna is the incarnation of Vishnu in the ocean of milk" "Krishna is the incarnation of Vasudeva the first plenary expansion of Narayana in Vaikuntha." "Krishna is the pastimeous Form of Narayana" etc
- Regarding your other question, Krishna in His four-handed Visnu Form is within our hearts, but He is not different from two-handed Krishna
- Simply by Your orders and by Your partial representation as Visnu, You are maintaining the universes. In this way, O Krsna, O enemy of Kamsa, there are so many Brahmas and Sivas who are simply carrying out Your orders
- Siva lives as a poor man although his devotees appear very opulent, whereas Lord Krsna, or Lord Visnu, is always opulent and yet His devotees appear poverty-stricken, is a situation which appears contradictory and puzzling to a discriminating person
- Sudarsana: This wheel which is accepted by the Personality of Godhead (Visnu or Krsna) as His personal weapon is the most powerful weapon, greater than the brahmastras or similar other disastrous weapons
- Text 38 explains that Aghasura attained a body exactly like that of Visnu, and the verse after that also clearly states that he attained a completely spiritual body like that of Narayana
- The activities of Lord Visnu or Lord Krsna. That is hearing. Not that hearing the news in the newspaper, not that sort of hearing. Brahma-jijnasa. These things are statement in the Vedas
- The aim is to satisfy Visnu. We should always remember this fact, that we are eternally servant, part and parcel of Krsna, or Visnu
- The appearance of Lord Visnu at that time could be compared to the rising of the full moon over the eastern horizon. The objection may be raised that since Krsna appeared on the eighth day of the waning moon, there could be no rising of the full moon
- The beautiful girl was the river Yamuna personified. She replied (to Arjuna), "Sir, I am the daughter of the sun-god, and I am now performing penance and austerity to have Lord Visnu as my husband"
- The boys continued: "Lord Visnu as Krsna and Balarama is standing waiting, and you should immediately deliver whatever food you have in your stock"
- The calves and boys transformed into visnu-murtis, or Visnu forms, were not displays of visnu-maya, or Visnu's energy, but were Visnu Himself
- The conclusion is that Lord Brahma and Lord Siva are simply devotee incarnations who carry out orders. However, Lord Visnu, the maintainer, is the personal feature of Lord Krsna
- The demigods, the performer of the sacrifice and the religious principles are all meant for understanding Krsna, for Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He is the Supreme Lord Visnu and the Lord of all mystic yogis
- The devotee also knows Sri Krsna as the original Narayana because Lord Sri Krsna, by His plenary portion, appears as the Karanodakasayi Visnu, the original source of all material creation
- The devotees are liberated in both this life and the next. Any work done in this material world for Yajna (Visnu, or Krsna) is considered to be liberated work
- The Earth personified continued, "My dear Lord, as for the three gods Brahma, Visnu and Siva, they are also not independent of You (Krsna). When there is a necessity of creating this cosmic manifestation, You create Your passionate appearance of Brahma"
- The Earth personified continued, "When You (Krsna) want to maintain this cosmic manifestation You expand Yourself as Visnu, the reservoir of all goodness. Similarly, You appear as Siva, master of the mode of ignorance, & thus dissolve the whole creation"
- The expansions of Narayana - from Narayana to Karanodakasayi Visnu, from Karanodakasayi Visnu to Garbhodakasayi Visnu, from Garbhodakasayi Visnu to Ksirodakasayi Visnu, and from Ksirodakasayi Visnu to everyone's heart - are actually Krsna's expansions
- The favor mother Yasoda obtained from Sri Krsna, the bestower of liberation, was never obtained even by Lord Brahma or Lord Siva, nor even by the goddess of fortune, who always remains on the chest of the Supreme Personality of Godhead Visnu
- The forms which Krsna assumed were each and every one full Visnu. The specific word used in this connection is satya-jnananantananda: satya means truth; jnana, full knowledge; ananta, unlimited; and ananda, full bliss
- The girl (Kalindi) continued, "I shall be thankful unto you if you pray to Lord Visnu to be pleased with me"
- The girl (Kalindi) continued: "My dear sir, I know that you are the hero Arjuna; so I may further say that I shall not accept anyone as my husband besides Lord Visnu, because He is the only protector of all living entities"
- The great devotee Prahlada Maharaja confirms that people in general do not know that their ultimate center of attraction is Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. And in the Visnu category, Sri Krsna is the supreme attraction
- The killing of the demons in Vrndavana was carried out only by the Visnu portion of Krsna
- The living being can never possess attributes like Siva, Visnu or Lord Krsna. A living being can become godly by developing the seventy-eight-percent transcendental attributes in fullness, but he can never become a God like Siva, Visnu or Krsna
- The living entities - beginning from Lord Krsna and including millions of Visnu forms, and also the living entities in different forms, from Lord Brahma down to the small ant - are all of the same spiritual quality
- The Lord appeared in the sacrificial arena of Maharaja Prthu as Ksirodakasayi Visnu, who is a plenary expansion of Lord Krsna
- The Lord has multiforms as Visnu, Narayana, Rama, Varaha, etc., but a devotee should concentrate his mind on the form that was present before Arjuna
- The manifestation of the Visnu forms of the boys and calves was not like the heat but was rather the fire - they were all actually Visnu. Factually, the qualification of Visnu is full truth, full knowledge and full bliss
- The Nagapatnis said, "Although You have expanded into the three principal deities of this universe - namely Brahma, Visnu and Siva - for creation, maintenance and destruction, Your appearance as Visnu is actually for the benediction of living creatures"
- The Nagapatnis said, "For those who are actually peaceful and who are aspiring after the supreme peace, worship of Your (Krsna's) peaceful appearance as Lord Visnu is recommended"
- The original ones (calves & boys) were sleeping under the spell of Brahma's mystic power, but the present ones, seen by Brahma, were all immediate expansions of Krsna, or Visnu. Visnu is the expansion of Krsna, so the Visnu forms appeared before Brahma
- The plenary portion of the Lord through whom Lord Krsna executes such actions is called Maha-Visnu, who is the primal beginning of all incarnations
- The primary predominating deities of this material creation are Lord Brahma, Lord Siva and Lord Visnu. Nonetheless, they simply carry out the orders of Lord Krsna, who is master of them all
- The standard of perfection for a human being is to develop the attributes (of Krsna) up to seventy-eight percent in full. The living being can never possess attributes like Siva, Visnu or Lord Krsna
- The Supersoul - the localized aspect of Visnu, which is the object of meditation for the mystics - is a plenary portion of Sri Krsna, the Personality of Godhead
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna, who is the original person of the Visnu categories, expands Himself in two different categories, namely integrated plenary portions and separated parts and parcels
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, has many grades of parts and parcels, but the quadruple expansions of Krsna - Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha - are directly in the Visnu category
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna, is therefore said to be the original cause of all causes. Thus the spiritual abode of Visnu is eternal without a doubt, and it is also the abode of Maha-Visnu, the origin of all manifestations
- The Supreme Visnu is Krsna. Krsna is the cause of Visnu, not vice versa. Similarly, Brahman is not the cause of Krsna; Krsna is the cause of Brahman. Therefore Krsna is the Para-brahman
- The unborn Supreme Lord, Krsna, while maintaining His full personality, eternality, and imperishability, expands Himself into countless Visnu forms, jivas, and internal and external potencies
- The Vedas enjoin: yajno vai visnuh. In other words, the same purpose is served whether one performs prescribed yajnas or directly serves Lord Visnu. Krsna consciousness is therefore performance of yajna
- The virat-rupa is also the manifestation of Narayana or Visnu, and going further on and on one will eventually see that Lord Krsna is the ultimate Supersoul of everything that be
- The visitors said, "The Yadus appear to be always engaged in worldly affairs, which are considered to be the royal road to hell, but due to the presence of Lord Krsna, the original P.G in the Visnu category, who is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent"
- The Visnu svamsa expansions of the Supreme Lord in different Visnu forms are like lamps, Lord Siva is also like a lamp, and the supreme candle power, or the one-hundred-percent light, is Krsna
- The word adi-deva, meaning "the original, primeval Lord," indicates that Lord Krsna is the origin of all the Visnu expansions
- Their legs were decorated with bells, Their waists with golden belts, & Their fingers with jeweled rings. Brahma also saw that upon the whole body of each Visnu, from the lotus feet up to the top of the head, fresh tulasi leaves and buds had been thrown
- There are hundreds and thousands of plenary expansions of Visnu, such as Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Aniruddha and Vasudeva, but here in this material world, the Visvatma, the Supersoul for all living entities, is Ksirodakasayi Visnu
- There are hundreds and thousands of Visnus, but for a devotee no form of Krsna is important but the original form, two-handed Syamasundara
- These things are forbidden. You cannot... Arcye visnau sila-dhih. Krsna or Visnu, the same thing -- if you think that this murti is made of stone, Salagrama-sila, if you think it is sila or stone, this is naraki-buddhih. This is not recommended
- These two associates of Lord Visnu - Jaya and Vijaya - maintained a feeling of enmity for a very long time. Because of always thinking of Krsna in this way, they regained the shelter of the Lord, having returned home, back to Godhead
- Thinking of Visnu, or Krsna cleanses one of all sins
- This pleasure potency is manifested as Srimati Radharani, or Her expansion Laksmi, the goddess of fortune. When the individual jiva souls are under the control of the internal energy, their only engagement is the satisfaction of Krsna, or Visnu
- This superexcellent power of the Ganges water was due to its having emanated from the toe of Lord Visnu. But when Lord Krsna, the Supreme Visnu, appeared in the family of the Yadu dynasty, He traveled personally throughout the kingdom of the Yadus
- Those who are aware of transcendental knowledge, and who thus are actually learned, perform all acts needed for maintaining the body and mind, but with a view to satisfying the transcendental senses of the Supreme Godhead, Visnu
- Those who engage in devotional service or worship the Supreme Lord - Visnu, or Krsna - go to the Vaikuntha planets or Krsnaloka
- Those who know that Lord Visnu is the origin of everything, who are conversant with the process of creation and who understand that Visnu, or Krsna, is the most worshipable object of all living entities, engage themselves in Visnu worship
- To remain as molecular part of the Brahman rays or spiritual rays, that is impersonal. And to have a spiritual form just like Krsna and Visnu, that is another spiritual perfection. That is Vaisnava philosophy
- Vasudeva said, "You (Krsna) were lying in the Causal Ocean as Maha-Visnu, and by Your breathing process, innumerable universes came into existence. Then You entered into each of the universes as Garbhodakasayi Visnu"
- Vasudeva very humbly wondered that although he was an ordinary living entity conditioned by material nature and was externally imprisoned by Kamsa, the all-pervading Personality of Godhead, Visnu, or Krsna, was appearing as a child in his home
- Vidura said: O Uddhava, because the servants of Visnu, the Lord, wander in the interest of serving others, it is quite fit that you kindly describe the self-knowledge with which you have been enlightened by the Lord Himself
- Visnu category means they are almost equal to Krsna. It is estimated the Visnu categories, They have ninety-four percent opulence of Krsna. And the next category is Siva category. The Siva category has eighty-four percent
- Visnu is expansion of Krsna. In this way Krsna is the origin of everything. That is a fact. That is the verdict of all Vedic literature
- Visnu is the Supreme Lord, but there is even one above Visnu, for Visnu is also the plenary portion of a part of Krsna
- Visnu said: I could have appeared just like an ordinary child, but in that way you would not have believed that the Supreme Personality of Godhead had taken birth in your womb
- Visnu said: I gave you the benediction that I would take birth as your son three times. First, I was known as Prsnigarbha, born of Prsni & Sutapa, next birth I was Upendra, born of Aditi & Kasyapa, and now I am born as Krsna from you, Devaki & Vasudeva
- Visnu said: In due course of time Prsni became pregnant and gave birth to the child. The Lord spoke to Devaki and Vasudeva: At that time My name was Prsnigarbha
- We are dancing, we are chanting, we are eating, and we have love also between husband and wife, between boys and girls. We allow everything. But everything is targeted to achieve to the highest goal of life, Visnu, or Krsna
- We should always try to mold the activities of our lives in such a way that we will constantly remember Visnu, or Krsna. That is Krsna consciousness
- We should increase our taste for hearing and chanting about Visnu, Krsna. That engagement you have fully in the Srimad-Bhagavatam and Bhagavad-gita. So stick to these two books, or Caitanya-caritamrta. Caitanya-caritamrta is still far advanced
- When Aghasura was killed & the demigods were looking on the incident with great surprise, Brahma, who was born of the lotus flower growing out of the navel of Visnu, also came to see. He was surprised how a little boy like Krsna could act so wonderfully
- When Brahmaji and other demigods want to consult Lord Visnu, the plenary portion of Lord Krsna, they have to wait on the shore of the ocean of milk where Lord Visnu is lying on White Land Setadvipa
- When Krsna and Arjuna went to see Lord Visnu, it is to be understood that Arjuna visited in His Nara-Narayana capacity, just as Krsna, when He displayed His pastimes in Dvaraka, acted in His Vasudeva capacity
- When Krsna appeared, Lord Visnu was with Him. Krsna actually appears in order to demonstrate His Vrndavana pastimes and in this way attract the fortunate conditioned souls and invite them back home, back to Godhead
- When Krsna appears, all the Visnu expansions join with Him
- When Krsna, or Visnu, is alone, without the accompaniment of His internal energy, He is Vasudeva. When He is accompanied by His internal potency, He is called Dvarakadhisa
- When Sri Krsna appeared, Visnu, the Lord of maintenance, merged with Him because all the plenary portions and parts of the absolute Personality of Godhead merge with Him during His appearance
- When Visnu or a Vaisnava is insulted, one should be angry. Lord Caitanya, who always preached nonviolence, meekness and humility, also became angry when Nityananda was offended by Jagai and Madhai
- When you have invited Visnu, Krsna, Caitanya Mahaprabhu, to accept your service, you must be very, very careful how to render service. How cleansely, how nicely you have to serve. Otherwise everything will be spoiled
- Whether one concentrates his mind on the four-handed form of Visnu or on the form of two-handed Krsna, it is the same
- Within the prison of His maternal uncle Kamsa, where His father and mother were confined, Krsna appeared outside His mother's body as the four-handed Visnu-Narayana