Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
VedaBase research query: "Krsna* name"@5 or "Krishna* name"@5
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► God's Name (33 C, 58 P)
- ► Names of Krsna (66 C, 52 P)
- ► Transcendental Name (1 C, 9 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Name"
The following 273 pages are in this category, out of 273 total.
- A person who chants the holy name of Krsna once can counteract the resultant actions of more sinful activities than he is able to perform
- A sinful man can perform many, many sinful activities, but he is unable to perform so many that they cannot be wiped out by one single uttering of Krsna
- A sinful man is very expert to commit sinful activities, but the holy name of Krsna is so strong that he will be unable to commit so much sins as can be extinguished simply by uttering once the name of Lord Visnu or Krsna
- According to our Vedic system we keep God's name our children or family member, so that somehow or other, there are thousands of names of Krsna, if we remember one of them, our life is successful
- According to the intimate relationships between Sri Krsna, the primeval Lord, and His devotees, the Puranas describe Him by various names
- Actually the more selfless dedication you apply yourself with, the more Krsna will be pleased and the more he will give you intelligence how to expand the preaching in His Name
- After developing a taste for such things (chanting and remembering Krsna), one should try to live in Vrndavana and pass his time constantly remembering Krsna's name, fame, pastimes and qualities under the direction and protection of an expert devotee
- After this, Krsnadasa, the servant of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, was delivered from the clutches of a Bhattathari. Caitanya Mahaprabhu then preached that Lord Krsna's name should also be chanted by brahmanas who were accustomed to chanting Lord Rama's name
- All demonic personalities like Pralamba, Dhenuka, Baka, Kesi, Arista, Canura, Mustika, Kuvalayapida elephant, Kamsa, Yavana would all fight vigorously, either with the Lord Hari directly or with Him under His names of Baladeva, Arjuna, Bhima, etc
- All incarnations are either direct expansions of Krsna or, indirectly, expansions of the expansions of Krsna. However, the name of Krsna indicates the original Personality of Godhead
- All the groups of Vaisnavas who live in Vrndavana are absorbed in chanting the all-auspicious name of Krsna
- Almost like a mad lion, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went on His tour filled with ecstatic love and performing sankirtana, chanting Krsna's names as follows
- Although he spoke Your name three times, he did not utter the name 'Krsna.' Because he uttered Your name in contempt, I was very much aggrieved
- Although Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead and is therefore not partial to anyone, it is stated in the Bhagavad-gita that He has special attraction for a devotee who worships His name in love and affection
- Although not having fully realized Krsna, persons who have even once surrendered completely unto His lotus feet and who have become attracted to His name, form, qualities and pastimes are completely freed of all sinful reactions
- An example of His (Krsna's) not being disturbed was shown when Sisupala began to call Him ill names
- And by chanting the holy name of Lord Krsna only once, one receives the same benefit. In other words, of all the holy names of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, including Visnu and Rama, the holy name of Krsna is the most powerful
- Anyone in the entire world, even down to the candala, who lives by cooking and eating the flesh of the dog, is immediately purified if he takes bath in hearing through the ear the glorification of My name, fame, etc
- Anything about Krsna is Krsna. This is called absolute knowledge. So either you chant the Krsna's name or you worship Krsna's form - everything is Krsna
- As soon as one hears the name of Krsna, immediately, spontaneously, he should be ready to serve Him. That is pure devotion. Not that forced
- As Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was vibrating the holy name of Krsna in ecstatic love, He Himself was performing the work of hundreds of men
- As such, in any condition of life, he remains satisfied simply by remembering the Lord's name in full affection and ecstatic love
- At his home he offers respect to pictures of Krsna and also to the preachers of Krsna consciousness. In all regards, he has a very high estimation for Krsna's name and Krsna's activities
- Beautifying these waters are the lotus flowers of singing, dancing and loud chanting of Krsna's holy name, which are the pleasure abodes of unalloyed devotees
- Because Krsna is the ultimate form of the Lord (krsnas tu bhagavan svayam), it is best to hear about Lord Krsna's name, form and pastimes from a realized devotee who is particularly attracted by the form of Lord Krsna
- Because the impersonalists are very much afraid of addressing the Supreme Lord Krsna by His innumerable names, they prefer to vibrate the transcendental sound omkara. But they do not realize that omkara is the sound representation of Krsna
- Being forcibly taken away by Sankhacuda, the damsels of Vraja called out the names of Krsna and Balarama for protection. The two brothers immediately began to follow them, taking up big logs of sala wood in Their hands
- Being omniscient, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu could understand that Vallabha Bhatta's explanations of Krsna's name and Srimad-Bhagavatam were useless. Therefore He did not care about them
- Brahma said, "My dear Lord Krsna, Your very name suggests that You are all-attractive. The attraction of the sun and the moon are all due to You"
- But now how wonderful it is that this same man is chanting the names of Krsna with tears in his eyes, and as soon as he sees the face of a woman, he immediately becomes disgusted. From the indication of his face, I would think that now he hates sex life
- By advancement in the association of the devotee one is placed in devotional service, and this service dispels all one's misgivings about Krsna, or God, and Krsna's activities, form, pastimes, name and other features
- By hearing the holy name of Krsna, the entire country became Vaisnava. It was as if the nectar of the holy name of Krsna overflooded the entire country
- By His liberal behavior, Krsna released all the kings who had been in the clutches of Jarasandha, & the kings, being fully satisfied, began to chant His holy name, think of His holy form, glorify His transcendental pastimes as the SPG
- By Your appearance, Lord Krsna's holy name also appeared, and at that time the glories of Krsna's name awoke in my heart
- Dasa. Not that name, but the name's servant. Dasa. When one is named Krsna, Krsna dasa, he is servant of Krsna. Not that Krsna. If he thinks, "I have become Krsna," that is Mayavada. Krsna dasa
- Despite all the activities of these pasandis, however, the prediction of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu will triumph, "In every town and village, the chanting of My name will be heard
- Dhama refers not only to Krsna's form but also to His name, His qualities and His paraphernalia. Everything becomes manifest simultaneously
- Don't think this Krsna's name is less efficient than Krsna. No. Purna. As Krsna is perfect, similarly, this name is also perfect
- Either in waking or in sleep, a devotee of the Lord can never be free from thinking of Krsna's name, form, qualities and pastimes. Thus a devotee of Krsna can conquer both sleep and ignorance simply by thinking of Krsna constantly
- Either you call Krsna or Jehovah, or whatever name you like, you give, but God is one. So if you simply become to this consciousness, that "I am eternal servant of God, and my business is to serve God..."
- Even Cupid becomes attracted by Krsna. We are attracted by Cupid, but Cupid is attracted by Krsna. Therefore His name is Madana-mohana. That is the only remedy
- Every picture is with the gopis. People are generally inclined to man and women connection, and by selling these pictures will affirm their sinful activities in the name of Krishna. These are not meant for the common man but for advanced devotees
- Everything is related to Him, and everything has its identity in Him. It is stated herein that the name of Krsna is feared even by fear personified. This indicates that the name of Krsna is nondifferent from Krsna
- For all living entities to be attracted toward Krsna is natural, and therefore the Lord's real name is Krsna, meaning He who attracts everyone and everything
- For iron to be attracted by a magnet is natural. Similarly, for all living entities to be attracted toward Krsna is natural, and therefore the Lord's real name is Krsna, meaning He who attracts everyone and everything
- From that moment when the Mayavadi sannyasis heard the explanation of the Vedanta-sutra from the Lord, their minds changed, and on the instruction of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, they too chanted "Krsna! Krsna!" always
- Garga Muni said, "He was formerly the son of Vasudeva; therefore His name should be Vasudeva as well as Krsna"
- Garga Muni stated, "If I give your child (Krsna) a name and if He fulfills the prophecy of the female child to Kamsa, then it may be that the sinful demon will come and kill this child also after the name-giving ceremony"
- God is also infallible, and thus in the Bhagavad-gita He is addressed as Acyuta, which means "He who never falls down." This name is appropriate because in the Bhagavad-gita Arjuna falls into illusion but Krsna does not
- God, Krsna, is called Ajita. Ajita means nobody can conquer God. Therefore His name is Ajita
- Great asuras like Ravana, Hiranyakasipu, Kamsa, and others who were very powerful living entities were all killed by the Personality of Godhead. And the almighty Vasudeva has empowered His name with the powers of His personal Self
- Haridasa Thakura was always absorbed in thoughts of Krsna and the holy name of Krsna. Therefore the feminine poses the woman exhibited were just like crying in the forest
- He (Kalayavana) rebuked Him with the following words, "O Krsna! I heard that You are a great hero born in the dynasty of Yadu, but I see that You are running away from fighting, like a coward. It is not worthy of Your good name and family tradition"
- He (Lord Caitanya) also teaches that the place known as Vrndavana is as good as Lord Krsna because, Lord Krsna being the Absolute Truth, there is no difference between Him and His name, qualities, form, pastimes, entourage and paraphernalia
- He (Lord Caitanya) taught that the holy name of the Lord is the sound incarnation of the Lord and that since the Lord is the absolute whole, there is no difference between His holy name and His transcendental form
- He (the incarnation of Godhead, Lord Caitanya, who constantly sings the name of Krsna) is accompanied by His associates, servants, weapons and confidential companions
- He is so beautiful. Therefore His name is Krsna. On account of His beauty, He attracts everyone. Beauty attracts. So nobody can be more beautiful than Krsna
- He said, "My Lord, You have given him initiation into the name of Krsna, but after receiving the mantra he will not express it in front of everyone"
- Here Krsna says that "You always remember Me," or you remember Krsna, and Lord Caitanya says, "You always chant the name of Krsna." So there is no difference because Krsna and Krsna's name are nondifferent in the Absolute
- His (Lord Krsna) name is Partha-sarathi because He worked as charioteer of His friend Arjuna. Similarly, His name is Hrsikesa because He gave direction to Arjuna on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra
- His name is Krsna. And He delivers the fallen souls from the miserable condition. He attracts and He delivers. Krsna. Therefore Krsna means Param Brahman. Param brahman iti sabdyate. Rama also, the same thing, Param Brahman
- How Krsna can be immoral? By accepting, by chanting Krsna's name, the immoral persons are becoming moral, and Krsna is immoral. Just see the foolishness
- I give the name and address of Bhagavan. His father's name and everything. Why you are being misled? Where is the scope for searching out where is Bhagavan? Here is Bhagavan
- I hear everyone chanting the holy name of Krsna. Everyone's body is thrilled with ecstasy, and there are tears in everyone's eyes
- I take shelter of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who is outwardly of a fair complexion but is inwardly Krsna Himself. In this Age of Kali He displays His expansions (His angas and upangas) by performing congregational chanting of the holy name of the Lord
- If God can have any name, the "Krsna" name is the most perfect name, because Krsna means all-attractive. I have explained many times. Unless God is all-attractive, how He can be God?
- If I make some amendment, addition, alteration, in the name of Krsna, guru, then it is spoiled. No. We should receive the instruction as it is
- If I think, "If I get a machine in which I can directly suck blood of other animal," "All right," Krsna says, "you take the machine of a tiger's body and use it." So this is going on. Therefore His name is Hrsikesa
- If one chants Visnu's names - there are thousands - that is equal to one name Rama. And three times chanting the name of Rama is equal to one "Krsna." Therefore we should take advantage to chant Hare Krsna
- If one's mind is fixed on Krsna (His name, qualities, form, pastimes, entourage and paraphernalia), all one's activities - both subtle and gross - become favorable
- If we want to be free from the entanglement of this karma, then we must work for Krsna. Krsna's another name is Yajna, Yajnabhuja, Visnu
- If you do not agree with Krsna's proposal, you (indistinct), why you present Bhagavad-gita in the name of Krsna and cheat Him and cheat yourself? That we want to stop
- If you serve Krsna, then your senses become satisfied. Therefore His name is Govinda. Actually, we want to serve our senses, but the real senses, the transcendental senses, is Krsna, Govinda
- If you surrender to Krsna, from that moment you become free from all anxieties; therefore Krsna's name is Vaikuntha
- In Brahma-samhita the name of Krsna is there. Isvarah paramah krsnah (Bs. 5.1), beginning. That is the fifth chapter. There were hundred chapters. Only fifth chapter is available
- In His later pastimes He is known as Lord Sri Krsna Caitanya. He blesses the whole world by teaching about the name and fame of Lord Sri Krsna
- In the absolute status there is no difference between one thing to another. That is the absolute status. So the Lord being absolute, there is no difference between His name and Himself
- In the Age of Kali, intelligent persons perform congregational chanting to worship the incarnation of Godhead who constantly sings the name of Krsna
- In the arena of the raja-suya sacrifice of Maharaj Yudhisthira, when Sisupala began to call Lord Krsna ill names, Krsna did not care and remained silent
- In the Padma Purana, it is also stated that out of the innumerable names of the Lord, the name of Krsna is the principal one
- In the technical Sanskrit terms, such qualities as Krsna's name, fame, etc., are accepted both as reservoirs of and stimulation for love of Krsna
- In this prayer, the first proposition holds that Lord Krsna is the primeval Lord, and if any transcendental nomenclature is to be understood as belonging to the Absolute SPG, it must be the name indicated by the word Krsna, which means the all-attractive
- In this way a neophyte can gradually develop attachment for Krsna's name, fame, form, qualities and so forth
- In Vrndavana you'll find all the devotees, they're chanting more Radharani's name than Krsna's. Wherever you'll go, you'll find the devotees are addressing, "Jaya-radhe." You'll find, still, in Vrndavana. They are glorifying Radharani
- Indra said, "Your (Krsna's) name, fame, form, qualities, paraphernalia and pastimes are all beyond this material nature, and they are never disturbed by the three material modes"
- It is better for you to go home, simply talk about Me (Krsna) & think of Me, & by this process of constantly remembering Me & chanting My names you will surely be elevated to the spiritual platform. There is no need to stand near Me. Please go back home
- It is not a material name under any condition, and it is no less powerful than Krsna Himself. Since Krsna's name is not contaminated by the material qualities, there is no question of its being involved with maya
- It is said in the scriptures that one thousand names of Visnu are equal to one name of Rama, and three names of Lord Rama are equal to one name of Krsna
- It is the duty of a chaste wife, devoted to her husband, not to utter her husband's name, but all of you chant the name of Krsna. How can this be called a religious principle
- It is the special mercy of the Supreme Lord that as soon as He knows that one is glorifying His name, fame and attributes, He personally helps cleanse the dirt from one's heart
- It may be possible for a material scientist to estimate the number of atomic particles which make up this earthly planet, but the scientist cannot enumerate My unlimited names, forms and activities
- Kamsa said, "I request you to go immediately to Vrndavana and find the two boys named Krsna and Balarama. They are the sons of Nanda Maharaja. Take this nice chariot, especially prepared for the boys, and bring Them here immediately"
- King Nanda said, "Actually, he (Garga Muni) said that my son has many varieties of names, according to His different qualities and activities"
- King Sisupala was the monarch of the Cedi Kingdom, and although he happened to be a cousin of Krsna's, he was always envious of Him. Whenever they would meet, Sisupala would try to insult Krsna and call Him ill names as much as possible
- Knowing Him (Lord Caitanya) to be the incarnation for Kali-yuga, Garga Muni, during the naming ceremony of Krsna, predicted His appearance
- Krishna's name is Acyuta, unchanging, but He is Bliss although always full, still increases, to increase the blissful existence of the devotee
- Krsna and His pastimes, His name, quality, paraphernalia, entourage, everything is spiritual
- Krsna and maya; light and shadow. If you don't serve Krsna, then you have to serve maya. And those who are serving maya in the name of Krsna, they are called Mayavadi
- Krsna can give you liberation from this distressful, miserable condition of material existence and give you transcendental pleasure. Therefore His another name is Mukunda
- Krsna continued, "Still He (Anantadeva) has not been able to finish (narrating the glories of Krsna). Therefore, it is not possible to know exactly how many names and forms I possess"
- Krsna continues, "My name is Gopala. I am the lifter of Govardhana Hill. I was installed by Vajra, and here I am the authority"
- Krsna informed Jambavan that He had come to ask for the Syamantaka jewel because ever since it had been stolen His name had been defamed by the less intelligent
- Krsna is absolute, and there is no difference between Krsna's name, Krsna's form, Krsna's qualities, Krsna's pastimes, etc. This absolute position of Krsna is difficult to understand for any person who is not a devotee of Krsna in the system of parampara
- Krsna is Absolute. Therefore, there is no difference between Him and His name. There is no difference between Him and His form. There is no difference between Him and His picture. There is no difference between Him and His topics
- Krsna is always remembered, and His name is always chanted by millions of devotees, but the devotees never become saturated
- Krsna is complete spirit and He's absolute, therefore His name is also spirit; His name, His form, His quality, His, I mean to say, opulence, His paraphernalia - everything is spiritual
- Krsna is not void. Whenever we speak of Krsna, He is present with His form, qualities, name, entourage and paraphernalia. Therefore, Krsna is not impersonal
- Krsna is unlimited, and His functions and activities are unlimited. And according to His activities, His names are also unlimited. So this is one of the names, Ajita. Ajita means "the personality who is never conquered." Nobody can conquer Him
- Krsna took the position of guru, and He began to instruct. Tam uvaca hrsikesah. Hrsikesa..., Krsna's another name is Hrsikesa. Hrsikesa means hrsika isa. Hrsika means the senses, and isa, the master
- Krsna went on speaking, "But because they are not attracted by the names of Krsna and Balarama, you had better not ask them for anything in My name. Better ask for some charity in the name of Balarama"
- Krsna's another name is Acyuta. Acyuta means He never falls down. We, a small particle of the acyuta, although by nature we are acyuta, but due to our weakness we are prone to fall down in this material world
- Krsna's another name is Akincana-gocara. He can be understood by akincana, one who thinks himself as very humble, meek. That is also said in the Bible, that one has to become meek and humble. Then he can understand
- Krsna's another name is Varsneya because He appeared in the Vrsni family. Just like sandalwood. Sandalwood is known as "Malayan sandalwood." Malaya. There is a country, you know. East Asia, Malaysia
- Krsna's name and Krsna is not different. Therefore, as soon as my tongue touches the holy name of Krsna, that means immediately it associates with Krsna
- Krsna's name is Ajita. Nobody can conquer Krsna. But if you simply hear about Krsna, time will come, you will conquer Krsna, like the gopis
- Krsna's name is also Krsna. Krsna's fame is also Krsna. Krsna's entourage is also Krsna. Krsna and everything related with Krsna which gives stimulation to love of Krsna are all Krsna, but for our understanding these items can be considered separately
- Krsna's name is always liberated and spiritual; it is never conditioned by the laws of material nature. This is because the name of Krsna and Krsna Himself are identical
- Krsna's name is Hrsikesa
- Krsna, of course, means Krsna and His confidential devotees; Krsna is not alone. When we speak of Krsna, "Krsna" means Krsna in His name, in His form, in His qualities, in His abode and in His associates. Krsna is never alone
- Krsna, the original Supreme Personality of Godhead, indicated as the son of Maharaja Nanda, has two names. One is svayam bhagavan, and the other is lila-purusottama
- Krsna-name diksita krsna-nama-kari
- Liberation cannot be awarded by any living entity but the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu. Therefore another name of Lord Visnu or Krsna is Mukunda, "He who can award liberation"
- Lord Caitanya taught that the most practical way for the mass of people to practice sankhya-yoga meditation is simply to chant the holy name of the Lord
- Lord Caitanya's special gift to the fallen souls of this age of quarrel and disagreement is to induce the people in general, the religionists, the philosophers and everyone to take to the chanting of the holy name of Krsna
- Lord Caitanyas students criticized Him: "Why are You chanting the names of the gopis? Why not 'Krsna'?" Lord Caitanya was irritated by the criticism, and so there was some misunderstanding between Him and His students
- Lord krsna answered Mucukunda, "Perhaps you know that My incarnation Anantadeva has unlimited mouths, and for an unlimited time He has been trying to narrate fully about My name, fame, qualities, activities, appearance, disappearance and incarnations"
- Lord Krsna said, "They are always absorbed in thinking of Us. Go there and ask for some food in My name and the name of Balarama, and I am sure that they will deliver you as much food as you desire"
- Lord Krsna says in Bhagavad-gita, pranavah sarva-vedesu: "In all the Vedic mantras, I am represented by pranava, or omkara." Thus chanting of the Vedic mantras beginning with omkara is directly chanting of Krsna's name
- Lord Krsna's name is Madana-mohana, for He can subdue the god Cupid, or lust. Only by engaging in the service of Madana-mohana can one curb the dictates of Madana, Cupid. Otherwise, attempts to control the senses will fail
- Lord Sri Krsna is the primeval Lord, and if any transcendental nomenclature for the absolute Personality of Godhead is to be accepted, it should be the name Krsna, meaning "all-attractive"
- Lord Sri Krsna, the Absolute Personality of Godhead, is attractive not only in His personal features, but also in His transcendental activities. It is so because the Absolute is absolute by His name, fame, form, pastimes, entourage, paraphernalia, etc
- Material conception there is difference. If you want water, simply by chanting, "water, water," your satisfaction will not be there. But in the spiritual world, everything being absolute, there is no difference between the name Krsna and the person Krsna
- May our minds be attached to the lotus feet of your Lord Krsna, may our tongues chant His holy names, and may our bodies lie prostrate before Him
- My dear Lord, those devotees who have thrown away the impersonal conception of the Absolute Truth &have therefore abandoned discussing empiric philosophical truths should hear from self-realized devotees about Your holy name, form, pastimes & qualities
- My dear sir, you are the foremost devotee. Simply seeing you and hearing you chant the holy name of Krsna has purified my consciousness. Now I want to chant the holy name of the Lord
- Narakasura and Paundraka, great marshals like Salva, Dvivida monkey and Balvala, Dantavakra, the seven bulls, Sambara would all fight vigorously, either with the Lord Hari directly or with Him under His names of Baladeva, Arjuna, Bhima, etc
- Nevertheless, she remained faithful to Krsna, although she generally does not remain in one place even if worshiped by demigods like Lord Brahma. The fourth excellence of Lord Krsna’s appearance concerns the glories of His name
- Omkara is there, and one may chant Omkara and achieve impersonal realization. But we are Vaisnavas and we are seeking the supreme perfection. Therefore we are chanting the supreme Name - Krsna
- On the other hand, that literature which is full of descriptions of the transcendental glories of the name, fame, forms, pastimes, etc., of the unlimited Supreme Lord is a different creation, full of transcendental words
- One day Srimati Radharani was churning curd for Krsna. At that time the jeweled bangles on Her hands were circling around, and She was also chanting the holy name of Krsna. All of a sudden She thought
- One day, Vasudeva sent for Gargamuni, the family priest of the yadu-vamsa, and thus Gargamuni went to the house of Nanda Maharaja, who received him very well and requested him to give names to Krsna and Balarama
- One must acquire brahminical qualities or be perfectly situated in the quality of goodness in order to chant the Gayatri mantra successfully and then attain to the stage of transcendentally realizing the Lord, His name, His fame, His qualities and so on
- One must practice concentrating the mind always on the form of the Supreme Lord, Sri Krsna, or on the sound of His name. The mind is naturally restless, going hither and thither, but it can rest in the sound vibration of Krsna
- One of our friends, a famous English musician, has become attracted to chanting the holy names of Krsna, and even in his records he has several times mentioned the holy name of Krsna
- One of the associate of Radharani said, "O Lord Govinda, the girl who is daughter of King Vrsabhanu is now shedding tears, and She is anxiously chanting Your holy name - Krsna! Krsna"
- One should mentally honor the devotee who chants the holy name of Lord Krsna
- One who is interested in chanting the holy name of Krsna or who by practice likes to chant Krsna's names should be accepted as a Vaisnava and offered respects as such, at least within one's mind
- Only a liberated, highly evolved soul can utter the Lord's name purely and thus achieve the highest realization, untainted love of Godhead
- Only when one can understand that there is no difference between the Supreme and His name can one be situated in Krsna consciousness
- Our program is that no matter what our engagement may be, we shall perform it in Krishna Consciousness, chanting Hare Krishna and thinking about something of Krishna, His Name, His Form, His Beauty, etc
- Out of sheer foolishness the disciples of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked the Lord why He was chanting the names of the gopis and advised Him to chant the name of Krsna
- Please give me the holy name of Krsna and thus make me fortunate, so that I also may float in the flood of love of Godhead inaugurated by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Please hear the transcendental pastimes of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu with faith and devotion. Giving up envy of the Lord, everyone chant the Lord's holy name, Hari
- Radharani's sense of hearing is eternally fixed on Krsna's name and fame
- Relative name and absolute name. Krsna, if you always keep Krsna in your presence, then where is the possibility of ignorance and delusion? No, there is no possibility. This is the shortcut way of keeping Krsna always with you on your tongue - Hare Krsna
- Sambara, Viduratha and Rukmi, as also great warriors like Kamboja, Matsya, Kuru, Srnjaya and Kekaya, would all fight vigorously, either with the Lord Hari directly or with Him under His names of Baladeva, Arjuna, Bhima, etc
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya said, "'Sri Krsna' is a very good name, but He belongs to the Bharati community. Therefore He is a second-class sannyasi"
- Simply by chanting the holy name of Krsna once, a person is relieved from all the reactions of a sinful life. One can complete the nine processes of devotional service simply by chanting the holy name
- Simply by chanting the holy name of Lord Krsna, one can be freed from all undesirable habits. This is the means of awakening all good fortune and initiating the flow of waves of love for Krsna
- Since I have heard the name of a person called Krsna, I have practically lost My good sense. Then, there is another person who plays His flute in such a way that after I hear the vibration, intense madness arises in My heart
- Since the name, form, qualities and activities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, cannot be understood by the material senses, He is also called adhoksaja, meaning "beyond sense perception"
- Since then, the holy name of Krsna has been tightly fixed upon my tongue. Indeed, since I have been chanting the holy name of Krsna, the holy name of Lord Ramacandra has gone far away
- Sisupala was habituated to calling Krsna ill names, and by his insults he irritated the sons of Pandu more than he irritated Krsna
- Some called Lord Krsna an incarnation of Lord Ksirodakasayi. All these names are true; nothing is impossible
- Some of the people at the arena were prepared to kill Sisupala (because he was calling Krsna ill names), but Krsna restricted them. He was so forgiving
- Some people were filling the pots, and others were washing the rooms, but everyone was engaged in chanting the holy name of Krsna and Hari
- Sometimes the different names, forms, paraphernalia and transcendental qualities provoke fraternal love
- Soon afterward, Vallabha Bhatta met the Lord at Jagannatha Puri, and the Lord explained to him the import of the holy name of Krsna
- Soon they (the gopis) all assembled together and chanted Krsna’s name very loudly as they moved from one part of the forest to another, searching for Him
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Among all worshipable objects, which is the chief?" Ramananda Raya replied, "The chief worshipable object is the holy name of Radha and Krsna, the Hare Krsna mantra"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "What should all living entities constantly remember?" Ramananda Raya replied, "The chief objects of remembrance are always the Lord's holy name, qualities and pastimes"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "Don't speak like that again. Better to remain at home and chant the holy name of Krsna always"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "Whoever chants the holy name of Krsna just once is worshipable and is the topmost human being"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "Without cessation continue chanting the holy name of Lord Krsna. Whenever possible, serve Him and His devotees, the Vaisnavas"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "A first-class Vaisnava is he whose very presence makes others chant the holy name of Krsna"
- Sri Krsna is present by His name, by His form, by His pastimes, by His paraphernalia, by His qualities. Anything about Krsna is non-different
- Srimati Radharani continued, "It is very difficult to actually understand Krsna - His name, His qualities, His form, His pastimes, His paraphernalia and His entourage"
- Srimati Radharani's earrings are the holy names of Krsna, as well as the hearing of His name and fame. Her lips are always reddish due to the betel nut of ecstatic affection for Krsna
- Srimati Radharani's earrings are the name, fame and qualities of Lord Krsna. The glories of Lord Krsna's name, fame and qualities are always inundating Her speech
- Such a person is truly intelligent, whereas others, who have but a poor fund of knowledge, must endure the cycle of repeated birth and death. Of all sacrificial performances, the chanting of the Lord's holy name is the most sublime
- Supreme Lord and His form, name, pastimes and paraphernalia are inconceivable to nondevotees, and one should not try to understand such realities simply by logical arguments. They will not bring one to the right conclusion about the Absolute Truth
- Thank you very much for participating in this sankirtana movement. I am glad to hear that you are enthusiastic about chanting. Keep chanting 24 hours if possible. This constant chanting of Krishna's names will assure you of not falling down
- That chanting (of the holy name of Lord Krsna) is the waxing moon that spreads the white lotus of good fortune for all living entities
- That Krsna is on our side is our only hope. Still we shall endeavor to do the needful. We want that Krsna's name will become the most prominent in the Western world, directly or indirectly
- The Bhagavad-gita, which was imparted 5,000 years ago, is still being read repeatedly by many, many men, and still new light is always being found in it. Therefore, Krsna & His name, fame, qualities - & everything in relationship with Him - is ever-fresh
- The Brahmana said, "These are the words of Princess Rukmini, 'My dear Krsna, O infallible, most beautiful one, any human being who happens to hear about Your transcendental form, pastimes immediately absorbs through his ears Your name, fame & qualities"
- The brahmana was astonished to see that the sannyasi Prakasananda could not vibrate the sound Krsna even once, although he uttered the name Caitanya several times
- The chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra, or glorification of the name, fame and pastimes of the Lord, is recommended as the most perfect process of atonement because such chanting eradicates the dirt from one's heart completely
- The demigods said: Impersonalists think that Your many names or forms are given according to a particular type of work and quality because they accept You from the position of a material observer
- The demigods said: O Lord, the impersonalists or nondevotees cannot understand that Your name is identical with Your form.” Since the Lord is absolute, there is no difference between His name and His actual form
- The demigods said: When You appear in Your different incarnations, You take different names and forms according to different situations. Krsna is Your name because You are all-attractive; You are called Syamasundara because of Your transcendental beauty
- The devotee who knows that there is no difference between the name and the form of the Lord chants Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare and realizes that he is always in Krsna's company
- The Hare Krsna mantra means Krsna, the Lord; and Hare, or Hara, means Krsna's energy. Just like you are there, the heater is there and the heating energy is there, similarly, Krsna is there and Krsna's energies are there
- The holy name of Krsna is transcendentally blissful. It bestows all spiritual benedictions, for it is Krsna Himself, the reservoir of all pleasure. Krsna's name is complete, and it is the form of all transcendental mellows
- The holy name of Lord Krsna is an attractive feature for many saintly, liberal people. It is the annihilator of all sinful reactions and is so powerful that, save for the dumb who cannot chant it, it is readily available to everyone
- The holy name of Lord Krsna, His quality, pastimes and so forth are all of the nature of absolute truth, beauty and bliss. Naturally they are very sweet, like sugar candy, which appeals to everyone
- The impersonal view of the Absolute Truth is accepted by less intelligent men, because unless one is engaged in the service of the Lord one cannot understand how the Supreme is acting - one cannot even know the Lord’s name
- The inhabitant of Dvaraka continued, "who sometimes used to tie You (Krsna) up with her ropes, and You are celebrated, therefore, by the name Damodara"
- The ISKCON movement has actually got together all nations in the world by their adoption of nonviolence creed and spreading of Krishna's name, door-to-door
- The kings said, "Dear Lord (Krsna), Your name is Govinda, the reservoir of all pleasure, because one who is engaged in satisfying Your senses satisfies his own senses automatically"
- The krsna-katha, the Lord's name, fame, quality, entourage, all these things are very sweet. To whom? Those who are liberated from this jaundice of materialism. For them it is very sweet
- The Lord definitely says that no one is more dear to Him than one who is always engaged in the preaching work of the Lord's name and fame all over the world
- The Lord is identical with His name, fame, etc., and therefore to be associated with His name, fame, etc., constantly, means actually to associate with the Lord
- The Lord is so kind to us that He can be present before us personally in the form of transcendental sound, but unfortunately we have no taste for hearing and glorifying the Lord's name and activities
- The Lord stood up and asked Ramananda Raya to arise and chant the holy name of Krsna. Indeed, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very eager to embrace him
- The Lord then replied to the Buddhist disciples, "You should all chant the names of Krsna and Hari very loudly near the ear of your spiritual master"
- The Mayavadi philosopher cannot understand that the Lord has feelings. The Lord is satisfied if someone offers Him a nice prayer, and similarly, if someone decries His existence or calls Him by ill names, God is dissatisfied
- The mayavadis (impersonalists) say that you can chant any name, either that of Krsna or those of the demigods, and the result will be the same. But actually this is not a fact
- The more we cleanse the dirt of material attachment from our hearts, the more we will be attracted by Krsna's name, form, qualities, paraphernalia and activities. This is the sum and substance of the Krsna consciousness movement
- The name of Krsna and Krsna - non-different. The name of Krsna is as pure, as complete, as spiritual as Krsna
- The name of Krsna is as powerful as Lord Krsna Himself. There is no difference at all. Anyone, therefore, can take advantage of the holy names of Lord Sri Krsna even in the midst of greatest dangers
- The only process for perceiving Krishna and His name, qualities, form is our sincere service attitude with our senses
- The original Supreme Personality of Godhead is Krsna. His original name is Govinda. He is full of all opulences, and His eternal abode is known as Goloka Vrndavana
- The PG, the master of all living entities, existed prior to the creation as one without a second. It is by His will only that creation is made possible and again everything merges in Him. This Supreme Self is symptomized by different names
- The pious results derived from chanting the thousand holy names of Visnu three times can be attained by only one utterance of the holy name of Krsna
- The powerful hari-nama is so strong that even one unconsciously or conscious... Sometimes they imitate: "Hare Krsna." They have no intention to chant the holy name of Krsna, but they imitate or criticize, "Hare Krsna." That has also effect
- The process of Krsna consciousness is to chant Hare Krsna and to hear the sound attentively so that the mind is fixed upon the transcendental vibration of Krsna's name, which is nondifferent from Krsna the personality
- The sages said, "Our dear Lord (Krsna), by Your own energy You create, maintain and annihilate the whole cosmic manifestation of different names and form"
- The subtle mind should be engaged in hearing the transcendental pastimes of the Lord, thinking about them, chanting His name, etc. All such activities are transcendental. None of the gross or subtle senses should otherwise be engaged
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is full of spiritual potencies. Therefore His body, name, fame and entourage are all spiritual. The Mayavadi philosopher, due to ignorance, says that these are all merely transformations of the material mode of goodness
- The tongue can thus glorify the name, form, qualities and pastimes of the Lord. The preacher of krsna-katha is always beyond the clutches of death. This is the significance of controlling the urge to speak
- The transcendental topics of Lord Sri Krsna's superhuman activities, His incarnation, His birth, appearance or disappearance, His forms, His names and so on are all easily understandable because all requirements are fulfilled
- The Vedic literature therefore specifically stresses the chanting of the holy name of Krsna: Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare
- The very name Krsna means that He attracts even Cupid. He is therefore attractive to everyone - male and female, moving and inert living entities. Indeed, Krsna is known as the all-attractive one
- The very name Kṛṣṇa suggests piety and liberation
- The whole purpose of the yoga system is to gain control of the mind and concentrate the full attention on Lord Visnu within the heart. In Krishna Consciousness, by chanting the Hare Krishna Mantra, we immediately fix our mind upon Krishna's Name
- There (in Goloka) the trees are called desire trees, and the cows are called surabhi. The Lord is served there by hundreds and thousands of goddesses of fortune. His name is Govinda, the Primeval Lord, and He is the cause of all causes
- There cannot be any other name of the Absolute Truth than Krsna - "the all-attractive." Learned sages have made extensive research in this connection, and they have firmly concluded that Krsna is the Supreme Godhead
- There is no difference between Krsna's body and Himself or between His name and Himself. But as far as the conditioned soul is concerned, one's name is different from one’s body, from one's original form and so on
- There's a Sanskrit word of all-attraction, Krsna. This is the explanation of the attribute of God. Similarly, if you've got similar name which explains the attributes of God, that is also God's name. I think Lord Christ said "God, hallowed be Thy name."
- These things can be avoided when one is very much advanced in Krsna Consciousness. Krsna's Name is Madan Mohan, the conqueror of lusty desires, or the cupid. Unless one is very much attracted with Krsna one cannot give up or avoid attraction of Cupid
- These two captains, with Their soldiers such as Srivasa Thakura, travel everywhere, chanting the holy name of the Lord
- They (the wives of the brahmanas) did not have to be convinced of the importance of Krsna and Balarama; immediately upon hearing Their names, they became very eager to see Them
- This Bhagavad-gita, now it is being explained as it is, and thousands and thousands of Europeans and Americans, whose forefathers or family never knew the name of Krsna, they are becoming devotees. This is the secret of success
- This blunt material eyes, he cannot see Krsna, or cannot hear Krsna's name, namadi. Nama means name. Nama means name, form, quality, pastime. These things cannot be understood by your material blunt eyes or senses
- This movement is to create sadhus. You have to cooperate. This incarnation of Krsna, Krsna and nama, Krsna's name, is the same: "There is no difference between Krsna's name and Krsna." Krsna has already come by this Krsna consciousness movement
- This process entails hearing, chanting and remembering the holy name, form, pastimes, qualities and entourage of the Lord, offering service according to the time, place and performer, worshiping the Deity, offering prayers
- Those who are unable to utter immediately the Sweet Name of Krishna, they are recommended to chant Om
- Thus by chanting the holy name of the Lord one can directly associate with the Supreme Lord by sound vibration
- Visnu said: In due course of time Prsni became pregnant and gave birth to the child. The Lord spoke to Devaki and Vasudeva: At that time My name was Prsnigarbha
- Vrndavana-dhama is nondifferent from the Lord because the name, fame, form and place where the Lord manifests Himself are all identical with the Lord as absolute knowledge
- "Water, water, water, water," your thirstiness will not be quenched. You require the substance water. That is material, but spiritually, the name Krsna or the name Allah or the name Jehovah is as good as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- We are isvara. Krsna is also isvara. But He's Paramesvara. Therefore we have named "Godhead" purposefully, not "God." We don't say "Back to God." We say, "Back to Godhead.""Head" means the chief
- We become in touch with Krsna by chanting His name, Hare Krsna. That is the beginning of our connection with Krsna. Namadi. So sastra says, atah sri-krsna-namadi. Adi means beginning
- When all the disciples chanted the holy names Krsna, Rama and Hari, the Buddhist teacher regained consciousness and immediately began to chant the holy name of Lord Hari
- When Krsna becomes manifest, revelation, then you understand what is Krsna, what is His activities, what is His name, what is His pastimes. Everything becomes revealed
- When Lalita, Her constant companion, whispered into Her ear the holy name of Krsna, Radharani immediately opened Her eyes wide. This is an instance of alertness caused by hearing the sound of Krsna's name
- When our senses are purified by constantly being engaged in the devotional service of the Lord, we can understand Krsna's activities, names, forms, qualities, pastimes and entourage
- When the Mayavadis pretend to perform kirtana or hold discourses on the Bhagavatam for personal name and fame, they may sing and talk about Brahman, Caitanya, and Paramatma, but they cannot utter Lord Krsna's name
- When the spiritual master of the Buddhists began to chant the holy name of Krsna and submitted to Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, all the people who were gathered there were astonished
- When the transcendental name is worshiped by the devotee, the name Himself spreads His glories within the heart of a devotee
- When we speak of Krsna, Krsna is not alone. Krsna means His name, His qualities, His fame, His friends, His paraphernalia, His entourage - all of these are included
- When you chant His name with devotion, that means Krsna is with you. And Krsna, when Krsna is with you, how you can remain impure? You become pure. The purest. That is the whole system
- Whenever anyone had to speak, he did so by uttering the holy name of Krsna. Consequently, the holy name of Krsna became an indication for everyone who wanted something
- Wherever Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went, the holy name of Sri Hari was vibrated. Seeing this, the Lord became very happy
- While performing duties according to the order of Sri Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one constantly remembers Him, His names and His qualities
- Why could Prakasananda not utter the names 'Krsna' and 'Hari'? He chanted the name 'Caitanya' thrice. As far as I am concerned, simply by seeing You I am moved to chant the holy names 'Krsna' and 'Hari'
- With priti, with love. Chant every name, "Hare Krsna," and hear. Here is Krsna; here is Radharani. That kind of chanting, quality
- Without Krsna's special power of attorney, nobody can preach His name
- You (Lord Caitanya) are a fool,' he (Isvara Puri) said. ‘You are not qualified to study Vedanta philosophy, and therefore You must always chant the holy name of Krsna. This is the essence of all mantras, or Vedic hymns
- You call Him by any name, it doesn't matter, either you call Jehovah or Krsna or something, Allah, that doesn't matter
- You live everywhere as Paramatma; therefore You are known as Vasudeva. You also accept Vasudeva as Your father, and You are celebrated by the name Krsna. You are so kind that You always increase the influence of all kinds of devotees