Category:Krsna Is Lord Narayana
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Krsna Is Lord Narayana"
The following 181 pages are in this category, out of 181 total.
- Ajamila chanted the holy name of Narayana without offense
- Even Sankaracarya, in his commentary on the Bhagavad-gita, has accepted Narayana as the transcendental Personality of Godhead who appeared as Krsna, the son of Devaki and Vasudeva
- Even Sripada Sankaracarya, the leader of the impersonalists, maintains that Narayana, or Krsna, is beyond this material creation
- If one remembers Krsna, Narayana, at the time of death, one is certainly eligible to return immediately home, back to Godhead
- A Vaisnava, or a devotee of Lord Narayana, sees every living entity as part and parcel of the Supreme Lord. Therefore, a Vaisnava's treatment of other living entities is on the absolute platform
- Above Narayana, Krsna has four specific transcendental qualities - His wonderful pastimes, an abundance of wonderful associates who are very dear to Him (like the gopis), His wonderful beauty and the wonderful vibration of His flute
- Actually he was living in Vaikuntha, because wherever Lord Krsna, the original Narayana, and Rukminidevi, the goddess of fortune, live is not different from the spiritual planets, Vaikunthaloka
- Actually, even thinking of the demigods cannot compare with thinking of Krsna. It is warned in the vaisnava-tantra that one who puts Visnu, Narayana or Krsna on the same level as the demigods is called a pasandi, or rascal
- After saying this, "He is not Krsna! He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana." they offered obeisances and the following respectful prayers
- All the Narayana forms of the Lord are but expansions of His Vasudeva feature, and thus He is Vasudeva, Narayana and Krsna simultaneously. He is sri-krsna govinda hare murare, he natha narayana vasudeva, all in one
- All the residents of Vaikunthaloka know perfectly well that their master is Narayana, or Krsna, and that they are all His servants. They are all self-realized souls who are nitya-mukta, everlastingly liberated
- Although according to the material conception Narayana, Rukmini-ramana and Krsna are one and the same, in the spiritual world one cannot use the name Rukmini-ramana or Narayana in place of the name Krsna
- Although Krsna assumed the four-armed form of Narayana, He could not attract the serious attention of the gopis in ecstatic love
- Although these qualities are present in Narayana, the dominating Deity of the Vaikuntha planets, they are even more wonderfully present in Krsna
- Apart from these sixty transcendental qualities, Krsna has an additional four transcendental qualities, which are not manifested even in the personality of Narayana
- As it is mentioned in the Bhagavad-gita, the demigods cannot fulfill the desires of their worshipers without the sanction of Narayana, or Krsna
- As soon as he (Mucukunda) remembered this prediction, he understood that the Supreme Person, Narayana, was present before Him as Lord Krsna. He immediately fell down at His lotus feet and began to pray as follows
- At that time Narayana, a plenary portion of Krsna, lies down on the water, and gradually a lotus stem grows from His navel, and from that lotus flower, Brahma is born
- At the end of his wicked life, just by calling the name of "Narayana (Krsna)," he (Ajamila) was saved despite so much sin
- At the time of death, somehow or other, if you can remember Narayana, Krsna, your life is successful. Therefore, practice, practice, while you are strong, while you are in good life, practice how to remember Narayana, Krsna, always
- Because Krsna has four extraordinary qualities not possessed by Lord Narayana, the goddess of fortune, Laksmi, always desires His company
- Below that abode of Krishna all other transcendental planets are called Vaikunthas or transcendental sky. In these planets many other pastimeous Forms of Shri Krishna predominate and He is called Narayana with four hands
- Below the Vrndavana planet is the spiritual sky, which is known as Visnuloka. In Visnuloka there are innumerable Vaikuntha planets controlled by Narayana and innumerable other expansions of Krsna
- Besides these sixty transcendental qualities, Krsna has four more, which are not manifest even in the Narayana form of Godhead, not to speak of the demigods or living entities
- Bhakti-yoga can be applicable to any one of these form, either Krsna or Rama or Visnu or Narayana, so many forms. Generally, Vaisnavas worship the form of Krsna, Radha-Krsna, and Laksmi-Narayana. In our conditional stage, we cannot worship Radha-Krsna
- Bhismadeva knew well that Lord Krsna is the original Narayana. His worshipable Deity was four-handed Narayana, but he knew that four-handed Narayana is a plenary expansion of Lord Krsna
- Bhismadeva says that He (Krsna) is the first Narayana. This is also confirmed by Brahmaji in the Bhagavatam (10.14.14)
- Brahma replied, "Are You not Narayana? You are certainly Narayana. Please listen as I state the proofs"
- Brahma said, "I see Your different Narayana forms everywhere. I can see You on the water, I can feel You within my heart, and I can also see You before me now. You are the original Narayana"
- Brahma said, "They (the four-handed Visnus) were being worshiped by all elements and all demigods, including myself. Again They were all wound up, and You remained alone as You were before. Does this not mean that You are the Supreme Lord Narayana"
- Brahma said, "This gigantic universal form is another manifestation of Your energy. On account of His resting on the water, this universal form is also Narayana, and we are all within the womb of this Narayana form"
- Brahma then said that his birth was from the lotus flower which blossomed from the navel of Narayana after the dissolution of the three worlds, or three planetary systems, known as Bhurloka, Bhuvarloka and Svarloka
- Brahma, or the first living being born just after the creation, is the direct son of Narayana
- By internal energetic bewilderment, Sri Krsna expands Himself into unlimited numbers of Narayanas and exchanges or accepts transcendental loving service from the living entities in the transcendental world
- Eko narayana asit: "Only Narayana existed before the creation." Srimad-Bhagavatam and the Vedanta-sutra also say that the original cause is sentient and both indirectly and directly cognizant of everything within this creation
- Even Sankaracarya, who is a impersonalist, he has accepted Lord Krsna as the supreme Narayana. In his comment on Bhagavad-gita he says, narayanah parah avyaktat: "Narayana is beyond this material creation."
- Even such an impersonalist as Acarya Sankara has said in the beginning of his commentation on the Bhagavad-gita that Narayana, the Personality of Godhead, is beyond the material creation
- Even the predominating Deities of the Vaikuntha planets, the Narayanas, do not possess such sweetness. Indeed, none of the incarnations of Krsna up to Narayana possess such transcendental beauty
- Examples of such vilasa-vigrahas are Baladeva, Narayana in Vaikuntha-dhama, and the catur-vyuha-Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha
- Garga Muni convinced Nanda Maharaja that Narayana Himself had become his son (in the form of Krsna). In various ways he described the transcendental qualities of his son. After giving this information, Garga Muni returned to his home
- Garga Muni informed Nanda that because he was a great devotee of Narayana, Narayana had given Nanda a son equal to Him. Garga Muni indicated that this son would be disturbed by so many demons and that Nanda should therefore be careful and protect Him
- Garga Muni said, "This child (Krsna) will grow in power, beauty, opulence - in everything - on the level of Narayana, the Supreme Personality of God. Therefore I would advise that you protect Him very carefully so that He may grow without disturbance"
- Garga Muni said, "Your child is so powerful that anyone who will become a devotee of your boy (Krsna) will never be troubled by enemies. Just as demigods are always protected by Lord Visnu, the devotees of your child will always be protected by Narayana"
- Great saintly persons, they are sitting in a lowly place, alone. But he is not alone. He is with Narayana, Krsna. He is seeing always there. So he is not alone
- Had Krsna been the plenary portion and Narayana the primeval Lord, the statement of Suta Gosvami would have been reversed
- He (Bhismadeva) desired that the Lord stay before him in His four-handed Narayana feature so that he might concentrate upon Him and thus be in trance in that meditation. Then his mind might be sanctified with thinking of the Lord
- He (King Nagnajit) presented himself before the Lord thus, "My dear Lord, You are the proprietor of the whole cosmic manifestation, and You are Narayana, the resting place of all living creatures"
- He (Krsna) is the creator of the material world, and He is the predominating Deity known as Narayana in all the Vaikuntha planets. Therefore, His movements amongst human beings is another sort of bewilderment
- He (Maharaja Pariksit) knew that Narayana (Lord Krsna) had saved him when he was burned in the womb of his mother, and if he were to be killed by a snake bite, it would also take place by the will of the Lord
- He (Narayana) incarnates as Lord Krsna. This is the meaning of the verse as I see it. There is no need for further consideration
- Here is an authority speaking about Sri Krsna as the original Personality of Godhead and the first Narayana
- I (Krsna) then (just to keep You (Radharani) living, I worship Lord Narayana. By His merciful potency, I come to Vrndavana every day to enjoy pastimes with You) return to Dvaraka-dhama. Thus You can always feel My presence there in Vrndavana
- If one equates the names Radha-ramana or Radha-Krsna with Rukmini-ramana, Narayana or any other name of the Supreme Lord, he commits the fault of overlapping tastes, which is technically called rasabhasa
- In His Narayana feature He resides with His devotees in the Vaikuntha planets, while in His original Sri Krsna feature He resides in the Krsnaloka planet far, far above the Vaikuntha planets in the spiritual sky
- In some of the satvata-tantras, there is a description of the nine varsas and the predominating Deity worshiped in each: (1) Vasudeva, (2) Sankarsana, (3) Pradyumna, (4) Aniruddha, (5) Narayana, (6) Nrsimha, (7) Hayagriva, (8) Mahavaraha, and (9) Brahma
- In the Laghu-bhagavatamrta Srila Rupa Gosvami has explained Krsna's being both Ksirodakasayi Visnu and Narayana in the spiritual sky and expanding in the quadruple forms known as Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha
- In the spiritual sky the Vaikuntha planets are predominated by Narayana. His devotees have the same features He does, and the exchange of devotion there is on the platform of reverence
- In the Vaikuntha planets of the spiritual sky the Lord manifests His identity as Narayana and performs pastimes in various ways
- In the various Puranas Krsna is described sometimes as Narayana, sometimes as Ksirodakasayi Visnu, sometimes as Garbhodakasayi Visnu and sometimes as Vaikunthanatha, the Lord of Vaikuntha
- Indirectly he (Bhismadeva) desired Lord Sri Krsna to manifest Himself in His four-handed feature of Narayana
- It is also learned from the Hayasirsa-pancaratra that there are nine forms protecting the two Puris known as Mathura Puri and Dvaraka Puri. These nine forms are Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Aniruddha, Narayana, Nrsimha, Hayagriva, Varaha and Brahma
- It is clearly stated that the supreme enjoyer is the Supreme Personality of Godhead in His different manifestations and plenary expansions as Narayana, Vasudeva, etc.
- It was definitely proved that Rukmini was none other than the original goddess of fortune, who is always engaged in the service of the lotus feet of Narayana
- Kamsa was thinking of Krsna with His wheel, which means Narayana, who holds a wheel, conchshell, lotus flower and club
- King Nanda said, "According to the version of Gargacarya, I consider that He (Krsna) must be Narayana Himself, or maybe a plenary portion of Narayana"
- King Nrga said, "You are the shelter of all living entities, Narayana. Being seated in the heart of all living beings, You are the supreme director of everyone's sensual activities; therefore, You are called Hrsikesa"
- Krsna activities are known as bhakti-yoga - always acting for Krsna. This includes not only Krsna, but His different plenary expansions such as Rama and Narayana. He has innumerable expansions
- Krsna also possesses five other qualities, which are manifest in the body of Narayana, and they are listed as follows: 56) He has inconceivable potency. 57) Uncountable universes generate from His body. 58) He is the original source of all incarnations
- Krsna appeared outside His mother’s body as the four-handed Visnu-Narayana. Then He turned Himself into a baby and told His father to carry Him to the house of Nanda Maharaja and his wife Yasoda
- Krsna assumed His four-armed Narayana form and sat there. When all the gopis came, they looked at Him and spoke as follows
- Krsna has four extraordinary transcendental qualities absent in Lord Narayana. These four qualities are (1) His wonderful pastimes, which are compared to an ocean, (2) His association in the circle of the supreme devotees in conjugal love (the gopis)
- Krsna has four extraordinary transcendental qualities absent in Lord Narayana. These four qualities are, (3) His playing on the flute, whose vibration attracts the three worlds
- Krsna has four extraordinary transcendental qualities absent in Lord Narayana. These four qualities are, (4) His extraordinary beauty, which surpasses the beauty of the three worlds. Lord Krsna's beauty is unequaled and unsurpassed
- Krsna is cent percent God. Narayana is ninety-six percent God, Lord Siva is eighty-four percent God, Lord Brahma is eighty-seven percent God
- Krsna is the first Narayana. In the spiritual world (Vaikuntha) there are unlimited numbers of Narayanas, who are all the same Personality of Godhead and are considered to be the plenary expansions of the original Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna
- Krsna is the origin. Therefore Krsna says, aham sarvasya prabhavah. Sarvasya means even this Maha-Visnu, Garbhodakasayi Visnu, Ksirodakasayi Visnu, Narayana, Sankarsana, Aniruddha, Pradyumna - everything
- Krsna said, "Brahma, I cannot understand what you are saying. Lord Narayana is He who sits in the hearts of all living beings and lies down in the waters of the Karana Ocean"
- Krsna said, "My feature of four-handed Narayana is not so pleasing or dear to Me as is a brahmana Vaisnava. Brahmana means one well conversant with Vedic knowledge"
- Krsna was very much pleased with the tailor and gave him the benediction of sarupya-mukti, which means that after leaving his body he would be liberated and would attain a four-handed body exactly like that of Narayana in the Vaikuntha planets
- Krsna's different expansions - namely Narayana, the quadruple expansion of Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha, as well as partial plenary expansions like Matsya, the incarnation of a fish - combine together and appear with the body of Krsna
- Krsna's own form has only two hands, but in the form of Lord Narayana He has four hands. Lord Narayana holds a conchshell, disc, club and lotus flower, and He is full of great opulence. The sri, bhu and nila energies serve at His lotus feet
- Lord Brahma reconfirmed his statement establishing Krsna as the original Narayana. He said that the Lord's gigantic universal form is resting on the water known as Garbhodaka. He spoke as follows
- Lord Brahma wanted to prove that Krsna is the original Narayana, that He is the source of Narayana, and that Narayana is not an exhibition of the external energy, maya, but is an expansion of spiritual energy
- Lord Caitanya protested against being called the Supreme Lord: "My dear sir, I am an ordinary living entity. I cannot know the real meaning of the Vedanta-sutra, but Vyasadeva, who is an incarnation of Narayana, knows its real meaning"
- Lord Krishna is always pastimeous in the three compartments of the Abode of Krishna namely Gokula, Mathura and Dwarka. And the Vaikuntha planets of the spiritual sky the Lord expands Himself as Narayana with four hands as the residents are there
- Lord Krsna again expands, and within the paravyoma, the spiritual sky, He is situated in fullness as the four-handed Narayana, accompanied by expansions of the original quadruple form
- Lord Krsna appeared as Lord Narayana, and Lord Balarama appeared as Sankarsana, the reservoir of all living entities
- Lord Krsna is more exalted than ordinary living beings and demigods like Lord Siva. He is even more exalted than His personal expansion Narayana. In all, the Supreme Personality of Godhead has sixty-four transcendental qualities in full
- Lord Krsna is Narayana, the father of Brahma, because Lord Krsna's plenary expansion Garbhodakasayi Visnu, after placing Himself on the Garbha Ocean, created Brahma from His own body
- Lord Krsna is the ultimate fountainhead, the source of numerous plenary expansions, including Narayana, who is generally accepted by Mayavadi philosophers to be the Absolute Truth
- Lord Narayana has sixty transcendental qualities. Over and above these, Krsna has four extraordinary transcendental qualities absent in Lord Narayana
- Lord Narayana, the opulent form of Krsna, attracts the minds of the goddess of fortune and her followers
- Lord Sri Krsna is the original Narayana and the controller of the Narayana-jvara weapon. When the Narayana-jvara was released, there was a great fight between the two jvaras
- Narayana and Sri Krsna are the same Personality of Godhead, but although They are identical, Their bodily features are different
- Narayana has four hands whereas Krsna looks just like a man, they say that Narayana is the original God whereas Krsna is but an incarnation
- Narayana, as Garbhodakasayi Visnu, first of all entered the material universe. Without spiritual contact, matter cannot create. This principle was followed from the very beginning of the creation
- Narayana, the four primary expansions (Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna & Aniruddha), Matsya & the other lila incarnations, the yuga-avataras, the manv-antara incarnations and as many other incarnations as there are - all descend in the body of Lord Krsna
- Narayana, Visnu, or Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, does not belong to this world. He is above, or transcendental to, material creation
- O Lord Narayana, we offer our respectful obeisances unto You. Kindly be merciful to us. Give us the association of Krsna and thus vanquish our lamentation
- O Supreme Lord of lords! O master of the universe! One can achieve piety simply by hearing about Your transcendental pastimes. O Supreme Narayana, who are praised by select verses, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You
- Once Lord Sri Krsna playfully manifested Himself as Narayana, with four victorious hands and a very beautiful form. When the gopis saw this exalted form, however, their ecstatic feelings were crippled
- One of the important residents of Dvaraka spoke, "My dear Lord Narayana, You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead. In Your plenary portion as Narayana, or Visnu, You have four hands with different symbols - the conchshell, disc, club and lotus flower"
- One view was that it was impossible for a small boy like this to have done such a thing as pulling down the trees. But there were doubts because Krsna had been predicted to equal Narayana. Therefore the cowherd men were in a dilemma
- Our (Radharani and Krsna's) love affair is more powerful because of My (Krsna's) good fortune in receiving Narayana's grace. This allows Me to come there unseen by others. I hope that very soon I will be visible to everyone
- Raghupati Upadhyaya confirms that the Absolute Truth, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, has many incarnations - Narayana, Nrsimha, Varaha and others - but Krsna is distinguished as the supermost
- Refuted all arguments in the conclusions of "Krishna is the incarnation of Vishnu in the ocean of milk" "Krishna is the incarnation of Vasudeva the first plenary expansion of Narayana in Vaikuntha." "Krishna is the pastimeous Form of Narayana" etc
- Rukmini continued, 'By these activities, perhaps I have pleased the S P of God, Narayana. If this be so, I wish that You, Krsna, the brother of Balarama, please come here, catch hold of my hand so that I shall not be touched by Sisupala & his company'"
- Rupa Gosvami, in his Laghu-bhagavatamrta, has established that Krsna, not Narayana, is the original Personality of Godhead
- Rupa Goswami said, "He (Krsna) has expanded Himself into so many cows, calves and cowherd boys, and He has again manifested Himself in all of them as the four-handed Narayana"
- Sankaracarya says, narayanah paro 'vyaktat. "Narayana is transcendental, beyond this cosmic creation." In this way, nothing within this cosmic manifestation is separate from Krsna, although Krsna's original form is not visible in everything
- Sankarsana is expansion of Narayana. Narayana is expansion of another Sankarsana, and that Sankarsana is expansion of Baladeva. And Baladeva is expansion of Krsna. You'll find in the sastras
- Since Krsna and Narayana are both the same personality, Laksmi's association with Krsna did not break her vow of chastity. Rather, it was in great fun that the goddess of fortune wanted to associate with Lord Krsna
- Since Narayana is a plenary manifestation of Lord Krsna, Narayana and Krsna are one and the same. The Narayana Upanisad (4) also states, "Devaki's son (Krsna) is the Supreme Lord"
- Since You protect those who are the shelters of all living beings, You are the original Narayana
- Siva addresses Sati thusly, "My dear Sati, persons who are devoted to Narayana (Krsna) are not afraid of anything"
- Some call Him Hari, or the Narayana of the transcendental world. Everything is possible in Krsna, for He is the primeval Lord
- Some said, "He (Krsna) is an incarnation of Narayana," and others said, "He is the incarnation of Ksirodakasayi Visnu." But actually He is the original Supreme Personality of Godhead - krsnas tu bhagavan svayam
- Sometimes He (Sri Krsna) is called Narayana; sometimes Upendra (Vamana), the younger brother of Indra, King of heaven; and sometimes Ksirodakasayi Visnu. Sometimes He is called the thousand-hooded Sesa Naga, and sometimes the Lord of Vaikuntha
- Sometimes His father, while worshiping Narayana, would ask Him to bring his wooden slippers, and Krsna, with great difficulty, would put the slippers on His head and bring them to His father
- Sri Krsna is no other than the inconceivable, original Personality of Godhead. He is the first Narayana, the supreme enjoyer. But He is moving amongst the descendants of King Vrsni just like one of us & He is bewildering us with His self-created energy
- Text 38 explains that Aghasura attained a body exactly like that of Visnu, and the verse after that also clearly states that he attained a completely spiritual body like that of Narayana
- That Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, as accepted by the citizens of Dvaraka, was later confirmed by the great Mayavadi philosophical leader Sankaracarya
- The beauty of Krsna's body is so attractive that it attracts not only the demigods & other living entities within this material world but the personalities of the spiritual sky as well, including the Narayanas, who are expansions of Krsna's personality
- The Bhagavad-gita confirms that the Lord glances over material nature and thus she produces the many material universes. Neither Krsna in Goloka nor Narayana in Vaikuntha comes directly in contact with the material creation
- The devotee also knows Sri Krsna as the original Narayana because Lord Sri Krsna, by His plenary portion, appears as the Karanodakasayi Visnu, the original source of all material creation
- The expansions of Narayana - from Narayana to Karanodakasayi Visnu, from Karanodakasayi Visnu to Garbhodakasayi Visnu, from Garbhodakasayi Visnu to Ksirodakasayi Visnu, and from Ksirodakasayi Visnu to everyone's heart - are actually Krsna's expansions
- The first form of the Lord Sri Krsna first expands Himself as the form of Baladeva, and Baladeva expands in so many other forms, such as Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Aniruddha, Vasudeva, Narayana, Purusa, Rama and Nrsimha
- The highest blunder committed by the impersonalists is to think that when the incarnation of God comes He accepts the form of matter in the mode of goodness. Actually, the form of Krsna or Narayana is transcendental to any material idea
- The Lord (Krsna) is cent percent perfect, whereas others, namely Narayana, Brahma, Siva, the demigods and all other living beings, possess only different percentages of such perfection. No one is equal to or greater than Him. He is unrivaled
- The Lord (Krsna) is the all-prevailing Supersoul of all existence, & yet He appears in the form of a boar amongst the animals, in the form of a human being as Rama, Krsna, etc., in the form of a rsi like Narayana, and in the form of an aquatic like a fish
- The Lord has multiforms as Visnu, Narayana, Rama, Varaha, etc., but a devotee should concentrate his mind on the form that was present before Arjuna
- The Mayavadi philosophers' endeavor to see everyone as God is an artificial attempt at oneness, but a devotee of Narayana, sees every living entity as part & parcel of the Supreme Lord
- The minds of the Narayanas are attracted by the beauty of Krsna's body. In addition, the goddesses of fortune, who are the wives of the Narayanas & are the women described in the Vedas as most chaste, are also attracted by the wonderful Krsna's beauty
- The nine personalities mentioned are Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Aniruddha, Narayana, Nrsimha, Hayagriva, Varaha and Brahma
- The pastimes of Krsna and Rukmini in Dvaraka are accepted by great authorities as manifestations of those of Narayana and Laksmi, which are of an exalted opulence
- The plenary expansions of the Lord who preside over the Vaikuntha planets are four-armed, and they are known by a variety of names - Purusottama, Trivikrama, Kesava, Madhava, Aniruddha, Hrsikesa, Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Sridhara, Vasudeva, Damodara etc
- The relationship between Rukmini and Krsna was like that between Laksmi and Narayana; therefore, Krsna appeared before Rukmini in His four-handed manifestation of Narayana
- The resident of Dvaraka continued, "You (Krsna) are actually the owner of everything, but in spite of Your being the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, You descended in Vrndavana to act as the child of Yasodamata"
- The sage Maitreya said: After instructing Brahma, the creator of the universe, to expand, the primeval Lord, the Personality of Godhead in His personal form as Narayana, disappeared
- The Siva-jvara thus understood that without Krsna, or Narayana, no one could help him. He therefore rightly took shelter of Lord Krsna and, with folded hands, began to pray as follows
- The source of these three features is the Narayana in the spiritual sky. He is Your vilasa expansion. Therefore You are the ultimate Narayana
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, attracts the mind of the goddess of fortune, but Lord Narayana cannot attract the minds of the gopis. This proves the superexcellence of Krsna
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, who is the original Narayana and eternal friend of all living entities, thus worshiped the sage Narada according to Vedic regulative principles
- The vaibhava-prakasa form was also displayed when Krsna appeared before His mother Devaki in the four-handed form of Narayana, just when He entered the world. Then at the request of His parents He transformed Himself into a two-handed form
- The virat-rupa is also the manifestation of Narayana or Visnu, and going further on and on one will eventually see that Lord Krsna is the ultimate Supersoul of everything that be
- There are another five qualities, which exist in the Vaikuntha planets in Narayana, the Lord of Laksmi. These qualities are also present in Krsna, but they are not present in demigods like Lord Siva or in other living entities
- There is an eternal residence of Narayana in the spiritual sky. In the upper portion of the spiritual sky is a planet known as Krsnaloka, which is filled with all opulences
- There is no difference between Lord Krsna and Lord Narayana, for They are of the same form. Similarly, there is no difference between the gopis and the goddess of fortune, for they also are of the same form
- There is no difference between the bodily forms of Sri Krsna and Balarama except that Their bodily colors are different. Similarly, Sri Narayana in Vaikuntha has four hands, whereas Krsna has only two
- Therefore according to the authority of Brahma, the Narayana who is the predominating Deity in the transcendental world is but the vilasa feature of Krsna. This has now been conclusively proved
- They (the citizens of mathura) thought that Krsna and Balarama were two plenary incarnations of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, who had appeared in Vrndavana
- They (the gopis) addressed the deer, "It appears, that Krsna, who is the Supreme Narayana Himself, must have passed through this way along with His companion, Laksmi, the goddess of fortune
- This (Krsna's statement "Before the creation, I was existing") is confirmed in the Vedic literature: eko narayana asin na brahma na isanah. "Before creation, there was only Narayana. There was no Brahma and no Siva"
- This Personality of Godhead (Sri Krsna) has two hands and holds a flute, whereas the other (Narayana) has four hands, with conch, wheel, mace and lotus
- Thus by pure consciousness due to constant devotional remembrance, they attained the spiritual sky, which is ruled over by the Supreme Narayana, Lord Krsna. This is attained only by those who meditate upon the one Supreme Lord without deviation
- Thus he would have said, "Narayana, the source of all incarnations, is the original Personality of Godhead. He has appeared as Sri Krsna"
- To say nothing of Lord Narayana personally, Lord Krsna Himself appeared as Narayana just to play a joke on the gopis
- Uddhava continued, "My dear mother Yasoda and Nanda Maharaja, you have thus fixed your minds wholly and solely upon that Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, whose transcendental form is the cause of impersonal Brahman"
- Unable to get any help from Lord Siva, the Siva-jvara could understand that he had no means of escape outside of surrendering unto Narayana, Lord Krsna Himself
- Unintelligent men who do not understand Krsna are grossly puffed up, thinking that they are liberated or have themselves become Krsna or Narayana. This is ignorance
- Vaisnavas all worship such Deities as Radha-Krsna, Sita-Rama, Laksmi-Narayana and Rukmini-Dvarakadhisa, whereas durga-saktas worship the material energy under different names
- Venkata Bhatta continued, "According to transcendental realization, there is no difference between the forms of Narayana and Krsna"
- Venkata Bhatta then said, "Lord Krsna and Lord Narayana are one and the same, but the pastimes of Krsna are more relishable due to their sportive nature"
- We can imagine Bhima ready to kill while Draupadi is obstructing him. And in order to prevent both of them, the Lord discovered another two arms. Originally, the primeval Lord Sri Krsna displays only two arms, but in His Narayana feature He exhibits four
- Whatever we are worshiping Radha-Krsna, that is Radha-Krsna in His Narayana form - Laksmi-Narayana. In the beginning we should worship Radha-Krsna in the level of Laksmi-Narayana, with awe and veneration, very strictly following the rules and regulations
- When Lord Krsna saw Radharani, He wanted to maintain the four-armed form to joke with Her
- When the Lord manifests His vilasa expansions they are all somewhat different in their bodily features. Lord Balarama is the first vilasa expansion of Lord Krsna, and the four-handed Narayana forms in Vaikuntha expand from Balarama
- Wherever Lord Krsna, the original Narayana, and Rukminidevi, the goddess of fortune, live is not different from the spiritual planets, Vaikunthaloka
- Within the prison of His maternal uncle Kamsa, where His father and mother were confined, Krsna appeared outside His mother's body as the four-handed Visnu-Narayana
- Yasoda and Rohini chanted: My dear Krsna, may Lord Haladhara protect You from all sides; may the Personality of Godhead known as Hrsikesa protect all Your senses; may Lord Narayana protect Your life airs
- Yasoda and Rohini chanted: When You (Krsna) are sitting, may Lord Narayana give You all protection; and while You are eating, may the Lord of all sacrifices give You all protection
- Yet in Krsna there is a special transcendental attraction due to the conjugal mellow, and consequently He surpasses Narayana. This is the conclusion of transcendental mellows
- You (Radharani) are My (Krsna's) most dear, and I know that in My absence You cannot live for a moment. Just to keep You living, I worship Lord Narayana. By His merciful potency, I come to Vrndavana every day to enjoy pastimes with You
- You are the ultimate shelter of these three plenary portions. Thus there is not the slightest doubt that You are the primeval Narayana
- You are therefore the original Narayana. This is one reason; please listen as I state the second
- You are undoubtedly the most fortunate and pious because you have chanted three holy names of the Lord - Hari, Krsna and Narayana
- You oversee the wanderings of all living beings. For this reason also, You are the primeval Lord Narayana