Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Krsna's Holy Names
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
- ► God's Transcendental Name (11 P)
- ► Krsna's Transcendental Name (37 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Holy Names"
The following 237 pages are in this category, out of 237 total.
- A manisinam person, like Maharaja Pariksit, must take to the lotus feet of Lord Krsna and fully engage himself in devotional service, hearing, chanting, etc., of the holy name and pastimes of the Lord, which are all hari-kathamrta
- A person whose body is decorated with the pulp of sandalwood, with paintings of the holy name of the Lord, is delivered from all sinful reactions, and after his death he goes directly to Krsna-loka to live in association with the S P of Godhead
- A person with mundane senses cannot fully understand the name, qualities, form and pastimes of Sri Krsna. The Puranas are therefore meant to explain and supplement Vedic knowledge
- A sinful man is very expert to commit sinful activities, but the holy name of Krsna is so strong that he will be unable to commit so much sins as can be extinguished simply by uttering once the name of Lord Visnu or Krsna
- Abandoning your offenses, chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, the holy names of the Lord. Then very soon you will achieve shelter at the lotus feet of Krsna
- Academic scholars, relying on logic and argument, have no entrance into the understanding of the transcendental nature of the holy name of God
- Acaryaratna, Acaryanidhi, Gadadhara Pandita, Jagadananda, Damodara, Sankara, Vakresvara, Kasisvara, Mukunda, Vasudeva, Murari and many other devotees have descended in Bengal to preach to everyone the glories of the holy name of Krsna
- According to this statement of the sastras, the glories of the holy name of Krsna are unlimited. Still I could not chant His holy name. Please hear the reason for this
- Actually, we are seeing practically how by chanting this holy name of the Lord, Hare Krsna mantra, how nasty people are becoming purified, Vaisnava, brahmana. Actually nasty
- After accepting the prasadam, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stood up and started to go, chanting the holy names, "Hari! Hari"
- After bathing in the river, the Lord walked a little distance from the bathing place and engaged in chanting the holy name of Krsna
- After hearing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and being touched by Him, Amogha, who was on his deathbed, immediately stood up and began to chant the holy name of Krsna. Thus he became mad with ecstatic love and began to dance emotionally
- After saying this, the messenger began to chant the holy names of Hari and Krsna. He also began to laugh and cry, dance and sing exactly like a madman
- After some time the sound of the holy name entered the ear of the Lord, who immediately got up, making a great noise
- After they had chanted in this way for a long time, the holy name of Krsna entered the heart of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and He suddenly arose with a loud shout of "Haribol"
- All glories to the holy names of Lord Krsna, which from the very beginning purify the heart and immediately liberate one
- All the people who lived near Akrura-tirtha came to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and due to the large crowds, the Lord could not peacefully chant the holy name
- Along with the devotees from Bengal came a gentleman named Kalidasa. He never uttered anything but the holy name of Krsna
- Although Sivananda Sena tried with much endeavor to get his boy to speak Krsna's holy name, the boy would not utter it
- Always thinking of Krsna, devising means by which to spread the holy name of Krsna, he understands that his only business is in spreading the Krsna consciousness movement all over the world
- An authorized spiritual master empowered by Krsna can spread the glories of the holy name of the Lord, for he has power of attorney from the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- And by chanting the holy name of Lord Krsna only once, one receives the same benefit. In other words, of all the holy names of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, including Visnu and Rama, the holy name of Krsna is the most powerful
- Any devotee who believes that the holy name of the Lord is identical with the Lord is a pure devotee
- Anyone can take part in chanting the holy name of the Lord, but in the beginning one should not be instructed about the transcendental potency of the Lord
- As far as the holy names of Rama and Krsna are concerned, they are on an equal level, but for further advancement we receive some specific information from the revealed scriptures
- As soon as Gopala heard the voice of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he immediately came to his senses. All the devotees then began to dance, chanting the holy name of Hari
- At His birth, in His childhood and in His early and later boyhood, as well as in His youth, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, under different pleas, induced people to chant the holy name of Hari (the Hare Krsna maha-mantra)
- At the time of death especially, if we can chant this holy name of God, Hare Krsna, then our life is successful. So unless we practice, how it will be possible to chant at the time of death?
- Because by chanting the holy name of the Lord one can be freed from all kinds of sinful reactions, it should not be taken that one may continue to act sinfully and after that chant Hare Krsna to neutralize his sins
- Because of the devotional service of these two persons (Advaita Acarya and Haridasa Thakura), Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu descended as an incarnation. Thus He preached the holy name of the Lord and ecstatic love of Krsna to deliver the entire world
- Because people vary in their desires, You have distributed various holy names by Your mercy
- Because the Mayavadis are great offenders and atheistic philosophers, the holy name of Krsna does not come from their mouths
- Because they (the devotees) fix their minds on the lotus feet of the Lord and concentrate on the holy name of the Lord, they do not feel the so-called pains and pleasures caused by the dualities of this material world
- Because they (the Mayavadis) are offenders at the lotus feet of Krsna, they are actually unable to utter the holy name of Krsna
- Because they are offenders unto Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is identical with His holy name, the holy name 'Krsna' does not manifest in their mouths
- Bodily changes can take place due to ecstasy when we offenselessly chant the holy names of God: Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare - Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare
- By chanting the holy name of the Lord, one dissolves his entanglement in material activities. After this, one becomes very much attracted to Krsna, and thus dormant love for Krsna is awakened
- By constantly hearing the transcendental holy name of Krsna and hearing of His transcendental form, qualities and pastimes, one can attain to the stage of acceptance called varana-dasa
- By hearing the holy name of Krsna, the entire country became Vaisnava. It was as if the nectar of the holy name of Krsna overflooded the entire country
- By minimizing bodily necessities, one can primarily devote his time to the cultivation of Krsna consciousness through the chanting of the holy names of God. Pure devotional service means engaging all the senses of the body in the service of the Lord
- By offenseless chanting, when we associate with Krsna through His Holy Name, then all inauspicious things are cleared from the heart
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu appeared to glorify the significance of the holy name. He is actually the acarya, namacarya, but He transferred His namacarya-ship to Haridasa Thakura
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu appeared to introduce this system of Hare Krsna mantra, chanting of the holy name of God, and He appointed this Haridasa Thakura, who happened to be a Muhammadan
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu has recommended that everyone chant the Hare Krsna mantra just to cleanse the dust from the heart. If the dust of the heart is cleansed away, then one can actually understand the importance of the holy name
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu, in His Siksastaka, declares clearly that the holy name of the Lord has all the potencies of the Lord and that He has endowed His innumerable names with the same potency
- Chanting the holy name in ecstasy causes Me to dance, laugh and cry. When My spiritual master heard all this, he smiled and then began to speak
- Collecting My patience, therefore, I began to consider that chanting the holy name of Krsna had covered all My spiritual knowledge
- Coming to His senses, the Lord very loudly began chanting the holy name, "Hari! Hari!" The Lord raised His arms upward and began to dance in ecstatic love
- Even when a person becomes an offender unto the S P of Godhead Himself, he can still be delivered simply by taking shelter of the holy names of the Lord: Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare
- Exhibiting His scholarship, beauty and fine dress, Lord Caitanya danced and chanted as He distributed the holy name of the Lord to awaken dormant love of Krsna. Thus Lord Sri Gaurasundara shone in His youthful pastimes
- For spiritual progress in this Age of Kali, there is no alternative, there is no alternative, there is no alternative to the holy name, the holy name, the holy name of the Lord
- Formerly I received the holy name of Lord Rama from Lord Siva, but now, due to your association, I am greatly eager to chant the holy name of Lord Krsna
- Haridasa Thakura used to chant the holy name on his beads 300,000 times daily. Throughout the entire day and night, he would chant the sixteen names of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- He said, "You are a fool" "You are not qualified to study Vedanta philosophy, and therefore You must always chant the holy name of Krsna. This is the essence of all mantras, or Vedic hymns"
- He visited the places known as Tirumala and Tirupati, where He extensively preached the chanting of the Lord's holy name
- Hearing the holy name constantly vibrated by the two brothers, Vallabha Bhattacarya could understand the hints of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- His tongue is always chanting the holy name of Krsna, and from His eyes tears incessantly fall like the flowing Ganges
- How God names are understood? The God names are understood by His action. Just like we say Krsna. Krsna means all-attractive. God is all-attractive. God is attractive for the Hindus, for the Muslim, for the Christians, for everyone
- I conclusively know these two names, Syamasundara and Yasodanandana. I do not understand any other meanings, nor have I the capacity to understand them
- I could not induce this boy to chant the holy name of Krsna. Hearing this, Svarupa Damodara Gosvami began to speak
- I do not know how much nectar the two syllables 'Krs-na' have produced. When the holy name of Krsna is chanted, it appears to dance within the mouth
- I have learned about the glories of the Lord's holy name from Haridasa Thakura, and by his mercy I have understood these glories
- I saw that I had become mad by chanting the holy name, and I immediately submitted this at the lotus feet of my spiritual master
- I simply sit and try to chant the holy name of Krsna, and although I chant all day and night, I nevertheless cannot complete the chanting of My prescribed number of rounds
- I thought that today I would be able to finish my performance of yajna, my chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra. I tried my best to chant the holy name all night, but I still did not finish
- If a devotee cannot give up this chanting of His holy name, how the persons who are actually seeing Krsna, associating with Krsna, can tolerate separation from Him?
- If a person born in a family of dog-eaters takes to the chanting of the holy name of Krsna, it is to be understood that in his previous life he must have executed all kinds of austerities and penances and performed all the Vedic yajnas
- If a person does not cry or exhibit bodily changes after chanting the holy name of God without offense, it is to be understood that he is hardhearted and that therefore his heart does not change even after he chants the holy name of God, Hare Krsna
- If anyone takes shelter of Lord Caitanya and just chants the holy name of the Lord, Hare Krsna, he becomes freed from all offenses
- If one always chants the holy name of Krsna, gradually one is freed from all reactions of sinful life, provided he chants offenselessly and does not commit more sinful activities on the strength of chanting the Hare Krsna mantra
- If one equates the names Radha-ramana or Radha-Krsna with Rukmini-ramana, Narayana or any other name of the Supreme Lord, he commits the fault of overlapping tastes, which is technically called rasabhasa
- If one simply chants the holy name of Krsna, this holy name will rise within one's heart like the powerful sun and will immediately dissipate all the darkness of ignorance
- If one who is eager for devotional service utters the holy name even partially or improperly, the holy name, which is identical with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, exhibits its spiritual potency because of that person's offenseless utterance
- If they see You just once, even women, children, old men, meat-eaters and members of the lowest caste immediately chant the holy name of Krsna, dance like madmen and become spiritual masters capable of delivering the whole world
- In His childhood, when the Lord was crying He would stop immediately upon hearing the holy names Krsna and Hari
- In many religions they have got different names of God. And in Vedic scripture there are many demigods and incarnation of God. But Krsna is the original name of God
- In order to be recognized by Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one should chant the holy name of the Lord continuously, twenty-four hours a day. Unfortunate persons who cannot accept this formula prefer to execute some type of pseudomeditation
- In other words, the chanting of Hare Krsna is beneficial for eradicating all sins; but if one becomes an offender to the holy names of the Lord, then he has no chance of being delivered
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam it is repeatedly and clearly said that the essence of religion in the Age of Kali is the chanting of the holy name of Krsna
- In the association of the jackals known as logicians, I simply continued to bark a resounding 'bheu bheu.' Now, from the same mouth I am chanting the holy names 'Krsna' and 'Hari'
- In the English dictionary the name of Krsna as stated "a Hindu god." But actually, that is not the fact. Krsna is the name of God. Krsna means the all-attractive, all-good
- In the present age, Krsna has appeared as holy name. So we should not consider that holy name of Krsna is less important than Krsna. The holy name of Krsna is as powerful as Krsna
- In this Age of Kali there is no other means, no other means, no other means for self-realization than chanting the holy name, chanting the holy name, chanting the holy name of Lord Hari
- In this Age of Kali, one cannot attain liberation without taking to the devotional service of the Lord. In this age, even if one chants the holy name of Krsna imperfectly, he still attains liberation very easily
- In this Age of Kali, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has descended to preach the religion of Krsna consciousness. Therefore the chanting of the holy names of Lord Krsna is the religious principle for this age
- In this Age of Kali, the holy name of the Lord, the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, is the incarnation of Lord Krsna. Simply by chanting the holy name, one associates with the Lord directly. Anyone who does this is certainly delivered
- In this Age of Kali, the process of worshiping Krsna is to perform sacrifice by chanting the holy name of the Lord. One who does so is certainly very intelligent, and he attains shelter at the lotus feet of Krsna
- In this age the medicine for delivering the conditioned souls from miserable, materialistic way of life is prescribed in the sastras. What is that? Harer nama, simply chanting of the holy name of Hari, Hare Krsna
- In this way Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu directly initiated the saintly Muslim by advising him to chant the holy name of Krsna. The Muslim's name was changed to Ramadasa. Another Pathana Muslim present there was named Vijuli Khan
- Indeed, They began chanting the holy name of Krsna on that very spot, and in this way, dancing and dancing, Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu reached Jagannatha Puri
- Instead of becoming disinterested in thinking of Krsna and in chanting His holy name, the devotees get newer and newer impetus to continue the process. Therefore Krsna is ever fresh. Not only Krsna Himself, but also Krsna's knowledge
- It is said that wherever the chanting of the holy name of Krsna is done, even negligently, all bad elements - witches, ghosts and dangerous calamities - immediately disappear
- Just as a student in a law class is to be understood to have already graduated from general education, anyone who is engaged in the chanting of the holy name of the Lord (Hare Krsna mantra) must have already passed all lower stages
- Just by seeing Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, everyone became a devotee. They began to chant "Krsna" and "Hari" and all the holy names. They all were merged in a great ecstasy of love, and they began to dance, raising their arms
- Krsna is so kind, especially in this age, that He appears in the transcendental vibration of His holy name
- Krsna is the Lord. You cannot engage the Lord for your service. Similarly you cannot utilize the holy name of the Lord for some material purpose. That is not allowed
- Krsna's holy name, transcendental qualities and transcendental pastimes are all equal to Lord Krsna Himself. They are all spiritual and full of bliss
- Krsna's name and Krsna is not different. Therefore, as soon as my tongue touches the holy name of Krsna, that means immediately it associates with Krsna
- Krsnotkirtena, "loudly chanting the holy name of Krsna," krsnotkirtana-gana, "in musical sound, in songs, with music"
- Let there be all victory for the chanting of the holy name of Lord Krsna, which can cleanse the mirror of the heart and stop the miseries of the blazing fire of material existence
- Living beings who are entangled in the complicated meshes of birth and death can be freed immediately by even unconsciously chanting the holy name of Krsna, which is feared by fear personified
- Lord Caitanya has announced, according to the scriptural injunctions for this Age of Kali, that in this age no process of realizing the Supreme is possible except the chanting of the holy names of Lord Krsna
- Lord Caitanya introduced this chanting of the holy name of Krsna in this age, thus making liberation much more easily obtainable than in other ages
- Lord Caitanya made it still easier by introducing the Holy Name of Krishna and it has now become so easy that the cult of Vedic knowledge can be preached all over the world without any difficulty
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu explained the aphorisms of grammar to be eternal, like the holy name of Krsna
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu requested them all to return home and begin chanting the holy name congregationally. He also requested them to worship Krsna, chant His holy name and discuss His holy pastimes
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "I do not accept many different meanings for the holy name of Krsna. I know only that Lord Krsna is Syamasundara and Yasodanandana. That's all I know"
- Madhavendra Puri was chanting the holy name of Krsna, and sometimes he would cry, "O my Lord, I did not get shelter at Mathura"
- Material senses cannot appreciate Krsna's holy name, form, qualities and pastimes
- My dear Lord, although You bestow such mercy upon the fallen, conditioned souls by liberally teaching Your holy names, I am so unfortunate that I commit offenses while chanting the holy name, and therefore I do not achieve attachment for chanting
- My dear Lord, anyone who always keeps Your holy name on his tongue is greater than an initiated brahmana. Although he may be born in a family of dog-eaters and therefore, by material calculations, be the lowest of men, he is glorious nevertheless
- My Lord, O Supreme Personality of Godhead, in Your holy name there is all good fortune for the living entity, and therefore You have many names, such as "Krsna" and "Govinda," by which You expand Yourself
- Narottama dasa Thakura prays that he will have the association of a person - either a householder or a man in the renounced order of life - who is engaged in the transcendental loving service of the Lord & is always crying the holy name of Lord Caitanya
- Nityananda Prabhu rested for the day, and when the day ended He went to the temple of Raghava Pandita and began congregational chanting of the holy name of the Lord
- No pure devotee will desire for any material benefit by worshiping Krsna or chanting His holy name. That is also considered as one of the offenses of ten kinds of offense
- O Govinda, this youthful girl named Radhika is today constantly pouring forth tears like nectar falling from flowers as She sings Your holy names in a sweet voice
- Once when the Lord explained the glories of the holy name to the devotees, some ordinary students who heard Him fashioned their own interpretation
- One has to glorify the Supreme Lord, praising His holy name, His eternal form, His transcendental qualities and His uncommon pastimes
- One has to learn about the beauty and transcendental position of the holy name of the Lord by hearing the revealed scriptures from the mouths of devotees. Nowhere else can we hear of the sweetness of the Lord's holy name
- One must understand Krsna in tattva (truth). One should use his common sense and consider that if simply by chanting Krsna's holy name one is purified, how then can the person Krsna be immoral
- One should learn the art of chanting the Holy name of Krishna 24 hours a day and that alone is the remedy for all problems of material existence
- One thing we must remember that we are not professional musicians or concert party. Our main business is to vibrate the Holy Name of Krishna everywhere so that the people will be benefited by hearing the transcendental sound
- One who says that ten million asvamedha sacrifices are equal to the chanting of the holy name of Lord Krsna is undoubtedly an atheist. He is sure to be punished by Yamaraja
- One who thinks himself lower than grass, who is more tolerant than a tree, and who does not expect personal honor but is always prepared to give respect to others can very easily always chant the holy name of the Lord
- Passing along the beach, they saw a fisherman approaching with his net over his shoulder. Laughing, crying, dancing and singing, he kept repeating the holy name "Hari, Hari"
- Please bring to me only those sinful persons who do not use their tongues to chant the holy name and qualities of Krsna, whose hearts do not remember the lotus feet of Krsna even once, and whose heads do not bow down even once before Lord Krsna
- Please hear my explanation of the meaning of Lord Krsna's name. In that way the mud of the shame that has come upon me will be washed off
- Radharani's sense of hearing is eternally fixed on Krsna's name and fame
- Raising His arms, the Lord asked everyone to chant loudly the vibration of the holy name of Lord Hari. There immediately arose a great stir, and the vibration of "Hari!" filled all directions
- Raising my hands, I declare, "Everyone please hear me! String this verse on the thread of the holy name and wear it on your neck for continuous remembrance
- Simply by chanting the holy name of Krsna one can obtain freedom from material existence. Indeed, simply by chanting the Hare Krsna mantra one will be able to see the lotus feet of the Lord
- Simply our prayer should be, My dear Krishna, please remind me to always chant Your Holy Name, please do not put me into forgetfulness. You are sitting within me as Supersoul, so you can put me into forgetfulness or into remembering You
- Since I received this order from My spiritual master, I always chant the holy name, but I thought that by chanting and chanting the holy name I had been bewildered
- Some people were filling the pots, and others were washing the rooms, but everyone was engaged in chanting the holy name of Krsna and Hari
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Always discuss Srimad-Bhagavatam and constantly chant the holy name of Lord Krsna. In this way you will be able to attain liberation very easily, and you will be elevated to the enjoyment of love of Godhead"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu danced and chanted all around the platform, and as the holy name of Hari roared tumultuously, the whole universe became filled with the vibration
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu exhibited the glories of the holy name of the Lord through Haridasa Thakura, who was born in a Muslim family
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally went to South India, and He broadcast the holy name of Lord Krsna in every village and town
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu remained for some days in Akrura-tirtha. He delivered everyone there simply by distributing the holy name of Krsna and ecstatic love for the Lord
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "I have induced the whole world to take to the holy name of Krsna. I have induced even the trees and immovable plants to chant the holy name"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Please get up. You have chanted the holy name of Krsna; therefore the sinful reactions you have accrued for many millions of lives are now gone. You are now pure"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then bestowed upon Krsnadasa His causeless mercy by embracing him. Krsnadasa became mad with ecstatic love and began to dance and to chant the holy name of Hari
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then glanced with mercy at the Muslim governor. Giving him assurance, He asked him to chant the holy names "Krsna" and "Hari"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then told all the Muslims there, "Chant the holy name of Krsna! Chant the holy name of Krsna!" As they all began to chant, they were overwhelmed by ecstatic love
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to sit beneath the old tamarind tree and chant the holy name of the Lord. At noon He would return to Akrura-tirtha to take lunch
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would go to Vrndavana and sit in a solitary place, where He would chant the holy name until noon
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura says that if an observer immediately remembers the holy name of Krsna upon seeing a Vaisnava, that Vaisnava should be considered a maha-bhagavata, a first-class devotee
- Srimati Radharani's earrings are the holy names of Krsna, as well as the hearing of His name and fame. Her lips are always reddish due to the betel nut of ecstatic affection for Krsna
- Such an empowered person would request everyone and anyone - whomever he saw - to chant the holy name of Krsna. In this way all the villagers would also become devotees of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- That holy name of Lord Krsna sometimes causes Me to chant and dance, and therefore I chant and dance. Please do not think that I intentionally do it. I do it automatically
- The beauty is that the Pandavas have not lost their faith and love for You (Krsna), in spite of all these tribulations. In fact, they are always thinking of You and chanting Your name in ecstatic friendship
- The brahmanas performed religious ceremonies and chanted the holy name of Krsna so that the two brothers might attain shelter at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu very soon
- The chanting of the holy name of Krsna expands the blissful ocean of transcendental life. It gives a cooling effect to everyone and enables one to taste full nectar at every step
- The chanting of the holy name of Krsna from your mouth has performed a wonder - it has nullified the reactions of all your sinful activities. Now you have become supremely pure
- The Eighth Chapter gives the reason for describing Lord Caitanya's pastimes. It also describes the greatness of Lord Krsna's holy name
- The fact is that if one comes to Krsna consciousness, although he may have many material desires, he becomes increasingly attracted to the lotus feet of Krsna through associating with the Supreme Lord by chanting His holy name
- The fallen person continued, "I therefore pray, O my Lord, O deliverer from the hellish conditions of life. I have fallen into this hell, but I shall try to remember Your holy name always, and in this way I shall try to keep my body and soul together"
- The fundamental religious system in the Age of Kali is the chanting of the holy name of Krsna. Unless empowered by Krsna, one cannot propagate the sankirtana movement
- The goddess of fortune and others, allured by love of Krsna, also came down in the form of human beings and tasted the holy name of the Lord in love
- The gopis began to chant the holy name of Krsna and, being overwhelmed with madness, began to inquire about Krsna from the flowers and the creepers in the forest. Krsna is like the sky; He is situated everywhere
- The holy name of Krsna can drive away all the darkness of ignorance that arises in the heart due to greatly sinful activities performed in previous lives
- The holy name of Krsna is so attractive that anyone who chants it - including all living entities, moving and nonmoving, and even Lord Krsna Himself - becomes imbued with love of Krsna. This is the effect of chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- The holy name of Krsna is so powerful that by chanting even one name, one very easily achieves these transcendental riches
- The holy name of Krsna is the controller of the opulence of liberation, and it is identical with Krsna. When a person simply chants the holy name with his tongue, immediate effects are produced
- The holy name of Krsna is transcendentally blissful. It bestows all spiritual benedictions, for it is Krsna Himself, the reservoir of all pleasure. Krsna's name is complete, and it is the form of all transcendental mellows
- The holy name of Krsna, His body and His pastimes cannot be understood by the blunt material senses. They are manifested independently
- The holy name of the Lord - Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare - is a transcendental vibration because it comes from the transcendental platform, the supreme abode of Krsna
- The holy name of the Lord and the Lord are nondifferent; therefore when a devotee chants Hare Krsna, Krsna and His internal potency are dancing on the tongue of the devotee
- The holy name of the Lord is fully identical with the Lord, not partially
- The holy name, character, pastimes and activities of Krsna are all transcendentally sweet like sugar candy
- The holy names of Krsna and Hari, or the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, are so spiritually powerful that even today, as our preachers go to remote parts of the world, people immediately begin chanting Hare Krsna
- The idea is that the Supreme Lord is the supreme enjoyer. He is no one's servant or order supplier. Similarly, since the holy name of the Lord is identical with the Lord, one should not try to utilize the holy name for one's personal service
- The Lord (Caitanya) replied, "You should engage yourself in the service of the servants of Krsna and always chant the holy name of Krsna. If you do these two things, you will very soon attain shelter at Krsna's lotus feet"
- The Lord said, "Chant the holy name of Krsna!" The tiger immediately got up and began to dance and to chant "Krsna! Krsna"
- The Lord stayed at Prayaga for three days. He delivered the holy name of Krsna and ecstatic love. Thus He delivered many people
- The Lord was loudly chanting the holy name of Hari. Dancing in ecstatic love and raising His arms, He asked everyone to chant "Hari! Hari"
- The Lord's bodily features were very beautiful, and in addition He was always in the ecstasy of love of Godhead. Simply by seeing Him, everyone began chanting the holy name of Krsna, and thus everyone became a Vaisnava devotee
- The Lord's holy name, His form and His personality are all one and the same. There is no difference between them. Since all of them are absolute, they are all transcendentally blissful
- The most munificent Supreme Personality of Godhead, known as Gaurakrsna, distributed to everyone - even the lowest of men - His own confidential treasury in the form of the nectar of love of Himself and the holy name
- The Muslim secretary came to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. When he offered his respects to the Lord's lotus feet and uttered the holy name of the Lord, "Krsna, Krsna," he also was overwhelmed with ecstatic love
- The name of Krsna is as powerful as Lord Krsna Himself. There is no difference at all. Anyone, therefore, can take advantage of the holy names of Lord Sri Krsna even in the midst of greatest dangers
- The only purport of the holy name of Krsna is that He is dark blue like a tamala tree and is the son of mother Yasoda. This is the conclusion of all the revealed scriptures
- The only way to cure this mental disease is to wholeheartedly follow Lord Caitanya's instruction to chant the holy names of Krsna. This will cleanse the heart of all impurities
- The people said, "Simply by seeing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, everyone is maddened with love of Krsna. Indeed, everyone is laughing, crying, dancing, chanting and taking the holy name of Krsna"
- The plenary expansions of the Lord who preside over the Vaikuntha planets are four-armed, and they are known by a variety of names - Purusottama, Trivikrama, Kesava, Madhava, Aniruddha, Hrsikesa, Sankarsana, Pradyumna, Sridhara, Vasudeva, Damodara etc
- The powerful holy name of the Lord can certainly deliver one from sinful effects, but one who desires to utilize this transcendental potency of the holy name of the Lord in one's sinister activities is the most degraded person in the world
- The Supreme Lord Sri Krsna, whose glories and activities are pleasing to hear, at once appears on the seat of my heart, as if called for, as soon as I (Narada) begin to chant His holy activities
- The Third Chapter also tells how Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu delivered everyone by bestowing upon the universe the holy name of the Lord, and it describes how Haridasa Thakura established the glories of the holy name by his practical example
- The Third Chapter specifically describes the distribution of love of Godhead. It also describes the religion of the age, which is simply to distribute the holy name of Lord Krsna and propagate the process of loving Him
- The Thirteenth Chapter describes the birth of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, which took place with the chanting of the holy name of Krsna
- The twentieth branch of the Caitanya tree was Haridasa Thakura. His character was wonderful. He used to chant the holy name of Krsna 300,000 times a day without fail
- The two of them danced in ecstatic love and embraced each other. Raising their arms, they said, "Chant the holy names of Hari and Krsna"
- The whole world was pleased. While the Hindus chanted the holy name of the Lord, the non-Hindus, especially the Muslims, jokingly imitated the words
- There is no bar for anyone in any part of the creation to chant and glorify the Lord by the particular name of the Lord as it is locally understood. They are all auspicious, and one should not distinguish such names of the Lord as material commodities
- There is no satiation in chanting the holy name of the Lord, there is no satiation in discussing the qualities of the Lord, and there is no limitation of the entourage of the Lord
- There was a tumultuous noise as they all chanted the holy names "Hari" and "Krsna." Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became overwhelmed with ecstatic love
- Thereafter, Amogha became an unalloyed devotee of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He danced in ecstasy and peacefully chanted the holy name of Lord Krsna
- They (Mayavadi philosophers) have falsely accepted the nonspiritual as the spiritual, and as a result they have forgotten the eternal spiritual form of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, as well as His name, qualities and entourage
- They (yogis and jnanis who in the beginning take to the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra as a way to begin their various practices) do not consider that the ultimate goal is the form of the Lord or the name of the Lord
- They all performed sankirtana, loudly chanting the holy name of Krsna into the Lord's ear
- They carry only waterpots, and they wear torn quilts. They always chant the holy names of Krsna and discuss His pastimes. In great jubilation, they also dance
- They then began to chant the holy name of Krsna into the Lord's ear. When the Lord regained consciousness, He began rolling on the ground
- This is certainly true (that all bad elements immediately disappear) of the place where the chanting of the holy name of Krsna is done seriously - especially in Vrndavana when the Supreme Lord was personally present
- This verse repeats the word 'eva' ('certainly') three times for emphasis, and it also three times repeats 'harer nama' ('the holy name of the Lord'), just to make common people understand
- Thus all living entities in the forest of Jharikhanda - some moving and some standing still - became maddened by hearing the holy name of Lord Krsna vibrated by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- To chant the holy name of Krsna one does not need to speculate on the philosophical aspects of the science of God, for one automatically becomes ecstatic and without consideration immediately chants, dances, laughs, cries and sings just like a madman
- To say nothing of the spiritual advancement of persons who see the Supreme Person face to face, even a person born in a family of dog-eaters becomes immediately eligible to perform Vedic sacrifices if he once utters the holy name of the S P of Godhead
- Unwanted children cannot be a source of happiness in society, but through the Krsna consciousness movement they can be raised to the human standard by chanting the holy name of God. That is the unique contribution of Lord Caitanya
- Upon seeing the Lord, they all felt themselves overwhelmed with love of Godhead, and, tears pouring from their eyes, they began to chant the holy name, "Krsna! Krsna"
- Vallabha Bhatta said, "I have tried to describe elaborately the meaning of Krsna's holy name. Kindly hear the explanation"
- Vallabha Bhattacarya said, "Since these two are constantly chanting the holy name of Krsna, how can they be untouchable? On the contrary, they are most exalted"
- Various birds, including the peacock, saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and began to follow Him, chanting and dancing. They were all maddened by the holy name of Krsna
- What is the wonder if the maidservant of Krsna, His external energy, begs for love of Godhead? Without the mercy of a devotee and without the chanting of the holy name of the Lord, love of Godhead cannot be possible
- When a student interpreted the glories of the holy name as a prayer of exaggeration, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, greatly unhappy, immediately warned everyone not to see the student's face henceforward
- When all the Vaisnavas were chanting the holy names "Hari, Hari" and eating, they remembered how Krsna and Balarama ate with Their companions the cowherd boys on the bank of the Yamuna
- When Lalita, Her constant companion, whispered into Her ear the holy name of Krsna, Radharani immediately opened Her eyes wide. This is an instance of alertness caused by hearing the sound of Krsna's name
- When one engages enthusiastically in the Lord's service, it is to be understood that he is reaping the results of chanting the names of Krsna and Hari
- When somehow or other uttered even once by a living entity, the holy name awards him liberation. The holy name of Krsna is the highest nectar. It is my very life and my (Sanatana Gosvami's) only treasure
- When the brahmana heard Prakasananda Sarasvati speak like this about Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he became very much grief-stricken. Chanting the holy name of Krsna, he immediately left
- When the Lord passed through the solitary forest chanting the holy name of Krsna, the tigers and elephants, seeing Him, gave way
- When the whole world was thus chanting the holy name of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna in the form of Gaurahari advented Himself on the earth
- When they saw this, Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and all the other devotees began to chant the holy name of Krsna very loudly into Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's ear
- Wherever the Lord stopped to rest on the way to Mathura, He delivered the holy name of Krsna and ecstatic love of Krsna. Thus He made the people dance
- While all the ladies vibrated the holy name of Hari on earth, in the heavenly planets dancing and music were going on, for the demigods were very curious
- While chanting the holy name of the Lord in pure ecstasy, I lose Myself, and thus I laugh, cry, dance and sing just like a madman
- Who can be worthy of the name of the Supreme Lord but the Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna?
- Whoever heard Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu chant "Hari! Hari!" also chanted the holy name of Lord Hari and Krsna. In this way they all followed the Lord, very eager to see Him
- Why are You chanting the names 'gopi gopi' instead of the holy name of Lord Krsna, which is so glorious? What pious result will You achieve by such chanting?
- Witches can play their black art only where there is no chanting or hearing of the holy name of Krsna
- You are undoubtedly the most fortunate and pious because you have chanted three holy names of the Lord - Hari, Krsna and Narayana
- You have invested all Your potencies in those names, and there are no hard and fast rules for remembering them
- You have invested Your full potencies in each individual holy name, but I am so unfortunate that I have no attachment for chanting Your holy names
- You have manifested the holy name of Krsna throughout the entire world. Anyone who sees You is immediately absorbed in ecstatic love of Krsna
- Your role in this incarnation is to deliver the people in general. You have sufficiently preached the glories of the holy name in this world