Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Prabhupada Speaks - Morning Walks, 1976
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - Morning Walks, 1976"
The following 97 pages are in this category, out of 97 total.
- A devotee, very often after chanting why they develop very, very high. I see a lot of devotees, they falls down back to the maya. What is the reason?
- According to karma (varieties of the body, according to the mentality)?
- Actually, although the actual number of initiated devotees is still few, there is a growing, ever-growing number of sympathizers - So you make good supporter, then government is yours - Then it's all based on selling your books more and more?
- Acyutananda Maharaja, why do they say, "I think," "In my opinion"? What is the value of your opinion?
- After you pass the examination, there is no more test. But before coming to the post of recognized devotee, Krsna tests very severely. That one has to pass
- All the instructions for the future - like you said that one day even we will have the government, how to run the government - everything is explained in your books
- Although, Srila Prabhupada, it's somewhat easy for us to convince that Srimad-Bhagavatam is the summary study of all the Vedic literatures, how can we take that Bhagavad-gita is the summary study?
- And anxiety for Krsna (anxiety for one's self is maya? - That is material)?
- And he has known 'missing link'? (before the caveman was the missing link)
- And then the materialist says, "If Krsna is all good, then how is there any evil?"
- And what is bhagavat-pranitam dharma? That is stated in the Bhagavad-gita, we know, everyone. He came, Krsna came. His mission was dharma-samsthapanarthaya, for establishing the religious principles, or reestablishing
- Animal-killing is only allowed when it is absolutely necessary, for medicine. Suppose by killing one animal hundreds of lives are saved, so that is allowed
- Anxiety for one's self is maya?
- Anyone who is Krsna conscious, who knows Krsna, he is guru. Otherwise all rascals. Why should you go to a rascal? Immediately you can understand he is guru who has fully surrendered to Krsna. He is guru. Others? They are all rascals
- Anything grown in the garden, that is hundred times valuable than it is purchased from the market
- Are persons who are trying to cut down appetite, they should eat cool foods?
- Are the prajapatis responsible for propagating human species or all species of life?
- Are there different prajapatis for the different species?
- Baddha-jiva, every moment he is under the strict laws of nature. Generally they think that.... They speak also. "I think." Do they not say? "I think," as if he is independently thinking. What you can think? Hm?
- Because Krsna loves you so much that even you accept this material atom, He goes to help you. Therefore He is within. Because sarvasya caham hrdi sannivisthah (BG 15.15). The living entity has a..., enjoying this material world. So he has got everything
- Because you have accepted this material body, you are foolishly thinking that you are not eternal. Otherwise, as God is eternal, you are also eternal
- Brahmacaris don't like to take the instructions from the elder devotees, and then they want to take sannyasa, so they think they can be independent and give orders themself and not listen
- Devotee means the first sign will be happy, brahma-bhutah prasannatma. If he's not prasannatma, he's a rascal. He has not entered even devotional life. He's outside. That is the test
- Devotees once told me you said that the demigods like this movement very much so that they're standing in line to take their birth in the Krsna consciousness movement
- Don't become paramahamsa immediately. Paramahamsa is the last stage of sannyasa. First stage is kuticaka. Then second stage is bahudaka. And third stage is parivrajakacarya, and fourth stage is paramahamsa. Therefore paramahamsa stage is the topmost
- He said that you remarked that our society is not love-making society. But there are so many of these things are going on
- He says that maya keeps making him full of material desires
- He says there's a definite connection between the flesh and love, and you can't deny it, he said. I argued with him, but that was his viewpoint, that love is expressed through the flesh
- His argument is that "I should never be allowed to misuse my independence"
- How you can do business? I am doing business because I have got all these things. I went to America - land. Then I worked - labor. Then I earned some capital, and I have got brain how to do it
- I do not claim that I am Sanskrit scholar, I am this big man, that man, no. Whatever books I have written, only about this-Krsna. In our book in every page you will find Krsna, Krsna, Krsna
- I have explained, chanting outside the temple and chanting in the temple, it increases the value thousand times
- I have no higher consciousness
- I planned that "I must go to America." Yes. That was the reason. Otherwise, generally they go to London. I did not go to London. I was simply dreaming, "How to go to New York?"
- I think that some of the comments of Your Divine Grace, some of the purports of the Fourth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, if they come to the notice of the Indian government, it may give us some... They may seriously consider about banning
- I wanted first of all the residential place. And they criticize me, "Oh, you did not construct temple first." And a temple of the devotees is first, our temple. Then God. God will come if there are devotees
- If I purchase from you and give it, distribute it free to somebody else, that is not wrong thing
- If I say that "I am ISKCON," what is the wrong there? Because I have created this; therefore I say, "ISKCON means I. I am ISKCON." So what is the wrong there?
- If in the high-court, if somebody pleads, "Sir, I have got my own law," Mr. Justice will not accept. So similarly, dharma you cannot manufacture
- If you are not independent, what is the value of your thinking independently?… But everyone is thinking independently
- In Bhagavatam, Srila Prabhupada, you are mentioning that prostitute is needed in the society
- In Kali-yuga, you cannot strictly follow, neither I can strictly follow. If I criticize you, if you criticize me, then we go far away from our real life of Krsna consciousness
- Is that kind of information given in the Vedas (a class of men, they are called vaidyas (doctors). They know all these herb, which herb is medicine for certain disease, and they sell in the market)?
- It would be easier for them if they didn't live in the cities, because the cities make it so hard for anybody to understand there is a God
- Keep your movement very pure. You don't mind if somebody goes away. But we must keep our principles pure
- Krsna did not come to reorganize the so-called dharmas: Hindu dharma, Muslim dharma, Christian dharma, Buddha's dharma. No. According to Srimad-Bhagavatam it is said, dharmah projjhita-kaitavo 'tra
- One of the things which this council handles is freedom of religion throughout the world
- Our duty is only to become Krsna conscious. Other things will be supplied by Krsna
- Our mission is to keep Rama and Sita together. We are not satisfied that Rama should remain alone and Sita should be under the custody of Ravana. I don't want. Sita must be released from the custody of Ravana
- Say that all the ten thousand devotees, each of them is a moon, not a star
- Service and reading are nondifferent?
- So many rascals are there. And this is the only shelter, these our centers, to be protected from all these rascals. These ISKCON centers are the only shelter. So you have to maintain it very nicely. There is no other shelter. All bogus, more or less
- Sometimes a devotee thinks, "Oh, it is so difficult to be strict. Maybe I'll just take it easy and remain engaged in devotional service, then I'll take another birth as a devotee and maybe next time I'll finish up my business"
- Sometimes there is glani, discrepancies in the matter of discharging the principles of dharma. At that time, Krsna comes. Paritranaya sadhunam vinasaya ca duskrtam
- Sometimes, Srila Prabhupada, devotees want to know what your greatest pleasure would be, how you would want your disciples to...
- Srila Prabhupada, it mentions in The Nectar of Devotion that in the viddhi-marga there are many things we don't want to do but we must do in order to make advancement
- Srila Prabhupada, you said yesterday, or a few days ago, that this movement will go on unimpeded for ten thousand years...
- That is the idea of my Guru Maharaja, a Gurukula. We are not going to make some big, big scholars. We don't require scholars. We require ideal men by character, by behavior, by Krsna consciousness
- The acarya's parampara is there. Evam parampara-praptam imam rajarsayo viduh
- The argument is sometimes put forward that not everyone will be able to embrace Krsna consciousness fully. Therefore it may be better for them to accept some portion, like vegetarianism or hatha-yoga...
- The cats and dogs, they cannot fight with maya, but a human being, he can fight. So if we don't fight, we don't take that adventure, then we remain cats and dogs. The cats and dogs, they fight amongst themselves but not with the maya
- The logic of the frog in the well
- The upper portion of the sugarcane will be fodder for the cows
- Then they will say, "Well, you are proselytizing by rice"
- There is so much envy in my heart, and when I'm chanting I'm understanding the envy is causing me so much distress. And yet I can't give it up. I cannot leave off these envious feelings. How is it that the spirit soul...?
- There's some connection still. When the soul is..., when the body..., when you are dreaming, and the soul leaves the body, but still there must be some connection between the soul...
- They (persons living in the sun) have got fiery body. As your body is made of earth, the fish body is made of water, and the so many others, different elements, so similarly, there the body is made of earth..., er, fire, fiery body
- They are advertising that "These Hindus, they are so fool, they are worshiping an animal, a cow"
- They are showing some mysticism. Stop death. Then I shall see your mysticism. What is this nonsense mysticism? Can you stop death? Is it possible? Then what is the meaning of this mysticism? All bogus
- They use flesh for curing diseases?
- This is also nature. Everything is nature. Are you outside nature? That is another nonsense. Your body is nature; your activities are nature; everything is nature. How you can say you are out of nature
- This is Prahlada Maharaja. He is one of the authorities of Krsna consciousness. There are twelve authorities mentioned in the sastras: svayambhur naradah sambhuh kumarah kapilo manuh prahlado janako bhismo balir vaiyasakir vayam
- This material world is garbage. And still, we live so comfortably. Now just imagine what is His dhama. It is the garbage tank, still so nice. And just think what is His real place, Goloka Vrndavana
- This movement will go for ten thousand years without any impediment. You should take this opportunity. You work sincerely; it will increase, it will increase
- We cannot become sympathetic with everyone. That is not our policy
- What can I say? Krsna says. I am simply a child, repeating the words of Krsna
- When one is jealous of God, then gradually jealous of everyone
- Who is my disciple? First of all let him follow strictly the disciplined rules
- Why should one be distinguished from another if they are both eternal (as God is eternal, so you are also eternal)?
- Yes, if I ask my servant that "You ask me to get up at seven o'clock," that does not mean.... (laughter)
- Yes, they're getting pinched. You have really come as an aggressor, Prabhupada. (Prabhupada laughs) Actually I think we are the most dangerous revolutionaries in the whole world
- You are the sun, Srila Prabhupada. We are just reflecting your light
- You go to the Parliament and Westminster Abbey. They have kept all the statues of Sir Isaac Newton and this Churchill, this.... Mean, they want to show that "It is only our nation who has produced all these intelligent persons"
- You have to take reference. Isvarah paramah krsnah. I am also isvarah. That I explained so many times. But that does not mean I am paramesvara. Paramesvara is Krsna
- You've given all the major policies for the future government, Krsna consciousness government