Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Prabhupada Speaks - Morning Walks, 1975
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - Morning Walks, 1975"
The following 119 pages are in this category, out of 119 total.
- About the creation. I have read it from Bible too, about Adam and Eve. Do you think that it's true?
- Adolf Hitler adopted the idea of Aryan, but his criteria for Aryan was one who had blond hair and blue eyes
- All religious system of the world, they are taken from Vedas, from different parts. Therefore they are not complete. The age of Bible is not more than two thousand years. The age of Veda you cannot calculate, millions and millions of years
- All these rascal scientists, they are all frog in the well. They have got little calculation of this planet, and they have no information of... There are so many millions of planets
- Anyone can take education as a brahmana or a ksatriya, as a vaisya. There is no... Vaisya doesn't require any education. Ksatriyas require little. Brahmana require. But that is free. Just find out a brahmana guru and he will give you free education
- At the end there will be no rain. Then this whole planet will be ablaze with fire. That is the beginning of destruction. Everything will die - all trees, plants, animals, everything. It will be made into ashes by the fire
- At the present moment, as soon as one wants to be educated, he requires money. But in the Vedic society there is no question of money. Education free
- Because He has spoken to Muhammad, and Muhammad has come, he is speaking the same thing. So recently... There is no need of God's coming. If Muhammad is speaking on behalf of God, then that is all right. There is no need of God's coming. This is parampara
- Bhaktas, they think, tat te 'nukampam susamiksamano bhunjana evatma-krtam vipakam. When a devotee is in trouble, he thinks that "I am suffering for my past deeds" That is a devotee's attitude. "Let me do my business, chant Hare Krsna"
- But sir, I often wonder that Jesus Christ was so wonderful, I mean brotherhood and all these things, and these, practically people following his creed are warring like this
- But we were all cheaters before we came to you, Srila Prabhupada. So how is it that we're not accepting a cheater? How is it that we cheaters have accepted some knowledge from you?
- But you give brahminical initiation to unmarried women
- Christian priests, they asked me that "Why Christianity is dwindling? What we have done?" So I told them, "What you have not done?"
- Communistic idea is borrowing this idea from... But because they are imperfect, they have made center, state. And because it is imperfect, it is not successful. They have made center the state
- Cut coat tail is the latest fashion
- Empowered by God. God created Brahma, and he was empowered to create the universe
- Everyone is bad. Without any discrimination you can say. Mandah sumanda-matayo
- Everyone thinks that he is right and everyone is wrong. We do not think like that. We take the words of the authority, that's all. Or we have no respect. This is our program. That is the way of parampara
- Everyone, we are working for this temple. Every one of us, we know that "This temple not for my sense gratification: This is for Krsna." So that is important
- Everywhere you go, you will meet only rascals. Manda. The definition is given, manda. Even in our camp there are so many rascals. Just see the report. Even they have come to be reformed, they are rascals. They cannot give up their rascal habits
- Farmers are producing, and you are eating, but you are not producing. Therefore gradually your food will be shortage. You are depending on others. The farmers, they do not produce food for human being; they produce food for the cows
- Follow the instruction. Then you are secure anywhere. It doesn't matter. Just like I told you that I saw my Guru Maharaja not more than ten days in my life, but I followed his instruction. I was a grhastha, I never lived with the Matha, in the temple
- From historical point of view it is copied because Vedas are created by Brahma long, long, many millions, millions of years, and Bible is created two thousand years
- I am thinking more in terms of the question, it is perhaps more suitable to make the question a question, not affirmation. "Who am I?" perhaps, is the best of the mantrams instead of affirming, "I am," because we cannot realize who I am
- I have heard there is a philosophy here amongst some of the devotees that if you chant Hare Krsna, you can go back to the spiritual world even if you do not give up your independence
- I wanted to say this, Swamiji, that hell also is situated in this world itself, because where do you think that we can pay our debt?... The sin, the debt of our sin. Where do you think that we pay it? In the hell, which is not...
- If every moment we are killing in breathing and walking and doing so many things, and then it says, "Thou shalt not kill," so then hasn't God given us an instruction which is impossible?
- If you are a devil, you cannot do it. The devil and divine. Divine means spiritually advanced, and devil means materially advanced. And because we are manufacturing divine, the devils are afraid of it. The devils do not like this movement
- If you manufacture your program of enjoyment, then you will be slapped. And if you enjoy according to the direction of the father, then you'll enjoy
- If you want to do business, you must take the first opportunity, the greatest opportunity, do your business. That is intelligence. And if we think, "All right, I shall do slowly. In seven hundred lives I shall become perfect," that is another thing
- In my absence you read the books; what I talk, I have written in the books
- In my childhood I would not take medicine. Exactly like this, now also. So I was given medicine by force in the spoon. Two men will catch me, and my mother would take me on the lap and then force, and I shall take. I never agreed to take any medicine
- In the beginning of Bhagavatam it is said, dharmah projjhita-kaitavo atra: "All cheating type of instruction is kicked out from Srimad-Bhagavatam. Only substance." Vastavam-vastu vedyam atra
- In the Kali-yuga there is no good men at all—all bad. Strong you will have to become to deal with all bad men
- It has been generalized, manda: "all bad." But only difference is that in our camp the bad's are being reformed; outside there is no reforming. There is hope of their being good, but outside there is no hope. That is the difference
- It is not possible to purchase food for the cows. So maintain in this way, so, by natural food. And in your Germany I have seen, they are not given extra food. They are living by pasturing ground. That should be arranged
- It is prohibited to consume, consume flesh, meat. It's because there is soul in the body and if we kill it, therefore we are doing a sin. I think it's because that we can't consume meat according to the Vedic literature. But what about plants, Swamiji?
- It is your kindness that you accepted me. But I never expected. I never expected that "These people will accept"
- It's a lot of fun to drive fast cars and have sex and see movies and... This is fun you know. It's the only way to enjoy!
- It's our duty in society to show everyone how to work for Krsna and become happy in life
- Jackal without tail is the fashion
- Just like "Don't do this. Don't do this. Don't do this." So if you have faith, you will not do it. But because you have no faith, you will do it, and therefore you will go to ruin
- Just see the fun. Even water, three-fourths of water, you cannot use a drop of water for drinking unless God gives you. He creates the cloud and give you. That is not your arrangement. You cannot do
- Majority or minority, it doesn't matter. But why you should take Bhagavad-gita to establish your rascal theories? That means you are cheating
- Man came from ape, so why man is not coming now from ape?
- Man, if he takes nice foodstuff it is painful. If a diseased man, if he takes... More sick. Therefore this life is meant for tapasya, not to accept - voluntarily reject. Then it is nice
- Materialistic point of view is like that. They do not know that we are eternal & we are responsible for our activities. That is knowledge. But they have no knowledge. They simply want to enjoy. They do not care for death also. Simply sense gratification
- Moon planet is further (than the sun)?
- Most people would go crazy if they didn't have any work
- My anxiety is that in my absence you may neglect Deity worship. Then the whole thing will be spoiled. That is my anxiety
- My Guru Maharaja passed in 1936, and I started this movement in 1965, thirty years after. Then? I am getting the mercy of guru. This is vani
- Oh, he (Brahma) himself created it (male and female) from...?
- One who is really anxious to know reality, for them, it is Bhagavatam. And those who want to be misled, not for them. One who is sincere to get the light, for him Bhagavata is the only remedy
- Only hell is located in one place or a prada(?) is located in another place? Do you think so, Swamiji?
- Only hope is that you distribute books, as much as possible, whole Europe, whole America. If they come to some day, they will realize what is this value
- Our business is to be recognized by Krsna. Whether one man is converted or not converted, that is not our business
- Pleasure potency is not painful to Krsna. But it is painful. It is painful to us, conditioned souls. This Golden Moon (name of a bar?), everyone comes there for pleasure, but he is becoming implicated in sinful activities. Therefore it is not pleasure
- Prabhupada? If you say that purity is required for faith to develop, what are the symptoms by which one can be said to be pure?
- Rajo-guna means they are working for sense gratification. That is also useless. Tamo-guna is laziness and sleeping, and rajo-guna means working foolishly or for sense gratification
- Real good is: "He has forgotten God. Revive his consciousness." That is real good. Then he'll saved from the so-called good and bad and everything. That is wanted
- Sastra takes of the planets, not of the country. Your idea is very crippled: "country," "national." But sastra is not... There is no such thing as national. They take the whole universe as a whole. They consider from that angle of vision
- Sattva-guna means they know how to work. And therefore above this sattva-guna they become devotee, work for Krsna
- Sex life, even it is not illicit, still, it is painful, aftereffects. You'll have to take care of the children. You have to bear children. That is painful. You have to pay to the hospital for delivery, then education, then doctor's bill - so many painful
- Some of us are Muslims, and in the Koran Mohammed says that eating meat is all right. In fact it is required to be a good Muslim, to eat meat
- Sometimes our devotees fall down because he has not come to that platform, ever-existing. Therefore the fire extinguished. That is possible, but everyone should be very, very careful that the fire may not be extinguished. Then again maya
- Srila Prabhupada, is there any instance when you were chastised by your spiritual master?
- Srila Prabhupada, it's very difficult to control my mind when I chant. It wanders
- Srila Prabhupada, sometimes you say only a very small percentage can take to Krsna consciousness. But yesterday morning in your lecture you were saying it can expand to ten thousand, million, or ten million
- Stag and the jackal
- Suppose when your, this shirt is torn, you have to purchase one shirt. Now, that shirt you have to purchase according to your price. If you have good price, then you get a good shirt. If you have no money, then you get a bad shirt. That's all
- Swamiji, do you think that Bible, about the Adam, Adam is Brahma? It has been copied from the Indian philosophy to put it there in different name?
- Swamiji, is there any hell, or rather this is hell...?
- Tamo-guna means laziness and sleep. The sudras, they are in laziness and sleep. So if they have got something to eat, they will not work. Laziness. Or eat more and sleep. This is tamo-guna
- That democracy is the ruination of civilization... So we want to remain in the minority. We don't want to be ruled by the majority
- That purity is said, adau sraddha: "Beginning is faith." Now tato sadhu-sangah: "You mix with faithful men." Then it will develop. Otherwise, if you take simply initiation and then sleep, then faith will be lost. That is happening
- The frogs in the well, they cannot understand. You should be not a frog in the well; you should be liberal to hear from the authorities, Vedas. Then you will understand
- The governments today are supporting the most outrageous, sinful activities. So how is it possible to reform the general mass of people?
- The logic of the frog in the well
- The preacher must love the people. Why at eighty years old I have come here if I do not love? So who can love better than a preacher? He loves even the animals
- The question that "Why Bhagavata is so important than other books?" The reply is there: maha-muni krte kim va paraih. "What is the use of other books?" It is written by Maha-muni Vyasadeva, the Vedanta-acarya
- The rabbit killed a big lion by intelligence
- The same pleasure potency is there in the living being in little quantity, and as soon as they utilize it, it becomes painful. And the same pleasure potency in the spiritual world, Krsna's dancing with gopis, that is not painful. That is pleasing
- The spiritual master is the captain, and you take advantage. Your, this human body is a good boat. So good boat, favorable condition, good captain—take advantage of crossing this ocean. Otherwise you are committing suicide
- There should not have been two people, a male and a female, to create everything?
- Therefore (Brahma is the first creature in the universe, created by God), by himself he could create everything, Swamiji?
- Therefore (they say that man has to dominate over the animals) you should kill and eat them. Very good reasoning. "The father should dominate over children; therefore the children should be killed and eaten up." So rascals
- They argue that this Vedic philosophy is coming from India, and in India there is so much disease and so many problems, but here, where we have our science, there is no disease
- They cannot stop death, neither birth, nor old age, nor disease. And during the short period of life, birth and death, they are making big, big buildings, and next time he is becoming one rat within the buildings
- They must be moved. Government means, nowadays, all rascals. They are elected by rascals and they are rascals. That is the difficulty
- This pleasure, sex pleasure, is followed by so many painful things. Tapa-kari
- Those who are sinful, they do not take immediately birth. They first of all trained up in the hellish planet how to suffer to become accustomed and then they are taken birth, then suffer
- To work for Krsna means yajna. Yajnarthe karma: "For yajna, performing yajna, one has to work." To work for Krsna means yajna. That is performance of yajna
- Too much attachment for material enjoyment is disqualification for spiritual life
- We have to live. The same thing: we are also working, we are also eating, we are sleeping, we are also marrying - but according to Krsna's direction. Then it is Krsna conscious life and perfect life
- We see the flowers and fruits are coming every season. Why once? This dogmatic, we have to accept? Our experience is that by nature's way we find the same flower is coming again in the same season
- What is the idea of Adam?
- What Krsna says, that is recorded in the sastra, especially in the Bhagavad-gita. So you act what is said in the Bhagavad-gita; then you remain free from all sinful reaction
- When he was arrested and he was being judged by Alexander, the thief pleaded that "What is the difference between you and me? You are a great thief. I am a small thief." So Alexander understood it and got him released, "Yes." This is generosity
- When our soul gets out from our body, it goes to the hell or... hemisphere or it take birth immediately afterwards?
- When they tried to contact other professors, none of them wanted to come because they said, more or less, that we are like fanatics and we wouldn't actually discuss things in a philosophic way, that we would just use the conference to proselytize
- When we say that "You shall not have illicit sex," and their inclination is illicit sex, so therefore it is revolutionary. They are materialistic persons. They want sex enjoyment to the best capacity
- Who is Brahma?
- Why is it, Prabhupada, that in earlier parts of the Kali-yuga no one like yourself came throughout the rest of the world and preached Krsna consciousness?
- Without working for Krsna, everyone is under the spell of these modes of material nature. And there is no training how to work for Krsna. That is the defect of modern civilization
- You can associate with me by reading my books
- You can say that "We are escaping this horrible condition of life: meat-eating, drinking and intoxication." We are escaping that, these thing, not escaping happiness. You are escaping happiness
- You have violated from the very beginning the orders of Christ, 'Thou shall not kill,' and you are killing, only killing. So what you have not done?
- You learn from the sastra. You learn from Bhagavad-gita what Krsna says and do it. Then you are not responsible for anything. Just like there is lawbook
- You rascal, you say that. What is that missing link? Simply bluffing, and it is going on in the name of science. Just see the fun. Simply misleading, and people are so rascal, this civilized man, so-called, he is accepting as great theory
- You told Madhudvisa Swami once in Sydney a few years ago that actually you're the biggest cheater, because you're stealing away all our maya
- Your calculation of the world. If it is preached anywhere, that is preached on the world. It was not spread, you can say, but it was preached