servant | servanthood | servants | servant's | servantship
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 35 subcategories, out of 35 total.
- ► Becoming a Servant of God's Servants (2 P)
- ► Desiring to Become God's Servants (1 P)
- ► Faithful Servant (3 C, 26 P)
- ► Humble Servants of God (1 C, 6 P)
- ► I Am A Servant (Prabhupada) (13 P)
- ► Primary Duties of Krsna's Servants (1 P)
- ► Radharani's Servants (5 P)
- ► We Are Eternal Servants of God (74 P)
Pages in category "Servant"
The following 369 pages are in this category, out of 369 total.
- Humble servants
- I am the servant of the servant of the servant of the servant - one hundred times down the servant. Of who - The maintainer of the gopis, Krsna
- Loving servants
- Menial servant and the spiritual master
- Our proposition is that you are servant in any case. Why not become servant of God?
- Paid servant
- Real servant
- Regulative principles should act as servants of the basic principle - that is, one should always remember Krsna and never forget Him
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya asked Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "Why did Isvara Puri keep a servant who comes from a sudra family?"
- Servant of maya
- To be a servant of everyone is to be a servant of no one
- A brahmacari, from the very beginning of his life, he is trained to act only for guru. That is brahmacari. It is enjoined that a brahmacari live at the shelter, at the care of guru just like a menial servant
- A brahmana cannot become servant. Nobody can become servant. Only the sudras can become servant. Brahmana never becomes servant
- A common master looks to the necessities of his servant, so how much more would the all-powerful, all-opulent Supreme Lord look after the necessities of life for a fully surrendered soul
- A disciple should serve the spiritual master as a menial servant, and whatever he has in his possession should be dedicated to the spiritual master
- A living being renounces something for gaining something more valuable. A student sacrifices his childish proclivities to gain better education. A servant gives up his job for a better job
- A living entity, although servant of his senses, tries to become master of the whole universe. Hiranyakasipu was a typical example of this
- A master is asking servant that "You knock me here." So he's knocking like this. So that is service. The others may see, "Oh, he's knocking and he's thinking, 'I am serving'? What is this? He's knocking." But master wants that "You knock me"
- A person who is born into a responsible family - such as a ksatriya, or a government servant - but who neglects to execute his prescribed duties according to religious principles falls down at the time of death into the river of hell known as Vaitarani
- A servant acting on behalf of the supreme master is unaffected by profit and loss. He simply discharges his duty faithfully in terms of the order of the Lord
- A servant has no individual independence. He acts only on the order of the master. A servant acting on behalf of the supreme master is unaffected by profit and loss. He simply discharges his duty faithfully in terms of the order of the Lord
- A servant may desire to start his own business and imitate his master, and when he chooses to do so, he may leave the protection of his master. Sometimes he is a failure, and sometimes he is successful
- A servant who desires material profits from his master is certainly not a qualified servant or pure devotee. A master who bestows benedictions upon his servant because of a desire to maintain a prestigious position as master is also not a pure master
- A spiritual master takes his disciples as his spiritual master. That is the position. He thinks that, "Krsna has sent me so many spiritual master." He does not think himself as spiritual master, he thinks himself their servant
- A sudra should not leave his master when the master is old and invalid, and the master should keep the servants satisfied in all respects
- A wrong act committed by a servant leads people in general to blame his master, just as a spot of white leprosy on any part of the body pollutes all of the skin
- Accompanied by a servant carrying his baggage, Raghunatha Bhatta started from Varanasi and traveled along the path leading through Bengal
- According to the Vaisnava philosophy, the master is one, and the servants are also one, but the distinction between the master and servant must continue even in the liberated stage
- According to Vedic civilization, domestic animals and servants are treated exactly like one's own children. Animals and children are sometimes punished not out of vengeance but out of love. Similarly, a master sometimes punishes his servant
- Actually the President means the servant of the voters, and as soon as the voters do not like him... Just like Nixon is drawn back
- Actually we belong to the caste of meat-eaters because we are servants of meat-eaters. Indeed, our activities are exactly like those of the meat-eaters. Because we always associate with such people, we are inimical toward the cows and brahmanas
- Actually, my position is servant. Just like a woman. Natural position is to remain dependent on man. That is natural position. But if some woman artificially tries to become man or master, that is suffering
- Actually, our real constitutional position is to be controlled by Krsna, but because we have revolted against Krsna, therefore we are servant of maya
- Adanta means unbridled, uncontrolled. Go means indriya or senses. Materialistic persons, they cannot control their senses. They are servant of the senses, godasa. Go means indriya, and dasa means servant
- Advaita Acarya's very confidential servant named Kamalakanta Visvasa knew all the dealings of Advaita Acarya
- After a while, she (Mother Yasoda) became engaged in household affairs. At that time, a servant of Kamsa's known as Trnavarta, as instructed by Kamsa, appeared there in the shape of a whirlwind
- After all, he said, "Gopinatha Pattanayaka is your faithful servant. To condemn a servant to death is not good behavior"
- After crossing the hills, Sanatana Gosvami told his servant, "Isana, I think you still have some balance left from the gold coins"
- After departing from Isana, Sanatana Gosvami began traveling alone with a waterpot in his hand. Simply covered with a torn quilt, he thus lost all his anxiety
- After finishing His evening bath, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat down and waited for Ramananda Raya to come. Then Ramananda Raya, accompanied by one servant, came to meet Him
- After finishing their prescribed duties, the many servants of Lord Jagannatha, who are known as visayis, return home at night
- After serving the Bhattacarya with first-class prasadam, Gopinatha Acarya said, "Just consider what the Bhattacarya's previous mundane behavior was! Just consider how at present he is enjoying transcendental bliss"
- All living entities, moving and nonmoving, receive their vital force, their bodily strength and their very lives from the air. All of us follow the air for our vital force, exactly as servants follow an emperor
- All the demigods and their wives are constantly supplied with sandalwood pulp and flower garlands by their servants. In this way, all the residents of the eight heavenly varsas enjoy, attracted by the activities of the opposite sex
- All the servants of Lord Jagannatha delivered remnants of the Lord's food to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. In return, Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced them all
- All the servants of the Deity were struck with wonder due to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's intense love, His exquisite beauty and His transcendental qualities
- All these charities were meant for the brahmanas, whose lives were devoted entirely to the welfare of society, both spiritually and materially. The brahmanas were not giving their services as paid servants
- Always attended by their respective servants, they enjoy life in gardens alongside the lakes. In this pleasing situation, the wives of the demigods smile playfully at their husbands and look upon them with lusty desires
- An experienced person does not speak the way you are speaking about the relationship between a master and a servant or about material pains and pleasures. These are simply external activities
- Animals and children are sometimes punished not out of vengeance but out of love. Similarly, a master sometimes punishes his servant, not out of vengeance but out of love, to correct him and bring him to the right point
- Appreciating Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's favor, Bhavananda Raya also said, "Along with my home, riches, servants and five sons, I surrender myself at Your lotus feet"
- Are your wives, citizens, secretaries and servants and the merchants who sell spices and oil under your control? Are you also in full control of ministers, the inhabitants of your palace, your provincial governors, your sons and your other dependents?
- As a former minister for the Nawab, Sanatana could certainly understand diplomacy. He therefore thought, "Why is this landlord offering me such respect?" Thinking in this way, he questioned his servant, whose name was Isana
- As a government servant is always the same, either in the office or at home or at any place, so a devotee has nothing to do with anything material, for he is exclusively engaged in the transcendental service of the Lord
- As it is said, to be a servant of everyone is to be a servant of no one
- As long as one is a servant of mental concoctions, one cannot be completely free from the disease of "I" and "mine."
- As soon as one comes to know his real position as transcendental servant, he at once becomes free from all miseries
- As soon as we say "Here is light," there must be darkness. This is called relative world. One has to be understood by other relative terms. But there is another world, which is called absolute world. There the master and the servant, the same
- As soon as we speak that "Here is son," there must be father. As soon as we say "Here is husband," there must be wife. As soon as we say "Here is servant," there must be master
- As such, it is not befitting that the guru's servant should engage in My personal service. Yet My spiritual master has given this order. What shall I do
- At night, when Sivananda Sena returned and was taking his meal, he inquired from the servant whether the dog had gotten its meals
- At that very moment, the Lord, who is called Padmanabha because of the lotus grown from His navel and who is the delight of the righteous, learned about the insult offered by His own servants to the saints
- At the house of Raghunatha dasa, the servant and watchman, not seeing him there, immediately went to inquire about him from his spiritual master, Yadunandana Acarya
- Because he is mad after sense gratification, the Lord said, 'he acts as a government servant but spends the government's revenue for various sinful activities'
- Because I am servant of cigarette. So you have to train yourself to become swami, master of your senses
- Because Saubhari Muni was expert in chanting mantras perfectly, his severe austerities resulted in an opulent home, with garments, ornaments, properly dressed & decorated maidservants & manservants & varieties of parks with clear-water lakes & gardens
- Because we are constitutionally servant of God, but we have given up that service, we have now become the servant of maya
- Bhismadeva advised for all human beings nine qualifications: (7) not to be inimical toward anyone, (8) to be simple, and (9) to support servants or subordinates. One cannot be called a civilized person without acquiring these preliminary qualities
- Both Kasisvara and Govinda were personal servants of Isvara Puri. After Isvara Puri's demise, Kasisvara went to visit all the holy places of India
- Both the servant and the master are already purified because neither of them is in touch with the impurities of material existence. They are already equal in quality because both of them are the purest. However, there is a difference in quantity
- Brahmanas were not paid servants of the king & therefore they had the strength to dictate to the king on the principles of scriptures. This system continued even up to the time of Maharaja Candragupta, & the brahmana Canakya was his unpaid prime minister
- By being a very obedient servant of the Supreme Lord, one becomes extremely powerful in bodily strength, influence and effulgence
- Dharma means characteristic. So what is our characteristic? I was going to explain. That we are now serving our senses. This is our material characteristic. Material characteristic because originally I am servant. I am not master
- Division of duties of the servants
- Due to the mode of passion, we desire many things, and according to our desire or anxiety and according to the order of the Supreme Lord, material nature gives us a certain type of body. For some time we play as master or servant
- During this period, one has to work under the spiritual master as an ordinary menial servant. There are many rules and regulations for a brahmacari living under the care of an acarya
- Duty of a servant
- Duty of the servant authority
- Even Mahatma Gandhi, the great servant of India He served India so nicely. Still, the master was not satisfied, and the master killed him. He wanted to serve his country, but the result was that his countrymen killed him
- Even the President Johnson, he's not a master. He's also a servant. Every one of us is a servant. But what kind of servant?
- Every railway servant should see to it that the wheels of the carriages or vehicles must be moving always, which means that the railway is going nicely
- Everyone in Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya's house is very dear to Me, including his maids and servants and even his dog. And what to speak of his relatives
- Everyone is a government servant, but no one is the government himself. That is the position of all living entities in the government of the Supreme Lord
- Everyone is servant; nobody is master. So there is gradation of service. That's all. Somebody is serving as President, somebody is serving as constable, somebody is serving as dog, somebody is serving as cat
- Everyone should consider himself the servant of the other. That will make management very nice
- Everyone's servant means
- Father is the leader of the family. And why father is the leader? Because he earns, he maintains the children, wife, servant, and establishment; therefore naturally, he's accepted the leader of the family
- Footsteps of servants like Citraka, Patraka or Raktaka
- For example, on the material platform, when a servant serves a master, he is trying to satisfy not the senses of his master but rather his own senses. The servant would not serve the master if the payment stopped
- For some time we play as master or servant, as actors play on the stage under someone else's direction. While we are in the human form, we should put an end to this nonsensical stage performance. We should come to our original constitutional position
- Forgetting his real contact with the Supreme Lord, the living entity becomes a servant of maya
- Formerly Subuddhi Raya had been a big landholder in Gauda-desa (Bengal). Saiyada Hussain Khan was then a servant of Subuddhi Raya
- Formerly, one servant was engaged, ten rupees or twelve rupees per month. Now you cannot get a servant unless you pay one hundred rupees. So in that comparison, everyone is getting more money, but still the condition is the same
- Having been released from the nooses of Yamaraja's servants, the brahmana Ajamila, now free from fear, came to his senses and immediately offered obeisances to the Visnudutas by bowing his head at their lotus feet
- He (King Nrga) prayed to them that he was their servant and that there had been some mistake. Thus, in order to rectify it, he prayed that they be very kind upon him and accept his offer in exchange for the cow
- He (Nanda Maharaj) entered deep into the water of the river, but he was arrested immediately by one of the servants of Varunadeva. This servant brought Nanda Maharaja before the demigod Varuna & accused him of taking a bath in the river at the wrong time
- He (washman) could have immediately delivered the clothing to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who promised him all good fortune, but being a servant of Kamsa, the sinful demon could not accept the offer
- He said "I want to give money" just to worship the lotus feet of all the great devotees, servants and subservants of Lord Nityananda Prabhu
- He sprinkled the minds of the servants of Lord Jagannatha, the government officers, the pilgrim visitors, the general populace and all the residents of Jagannatha Puri
- He was a leader among gentlemen and a servant of the devotees. He was a totally qualified plenary expansion of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Therefore who could equal him in the performance of gigantic ritualistic ceremonies?
- He was extremely pleased by their presence, for he had seen them save his life from the hands of the servants of Yamaraja
- Hearing this request, Raghunatha dasa's father agreed. Giving him many servants and materials, the father sent him to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, requesting him to return soon
- Hearing this, Sanatana Gosvami chastised his servant, saying, "Why have you brought this death knell with you"
- Hearing up to the point of spontaneous love, the Lord said, "This is all right, but if you know more, please tell Me." In reply, Ramananda Raya said, "Spontaneous loving service in servitude - as exchanged by master, servant - is the highest perfection"
- Here in this material world, service means neither master or servant. Service means to the senses
- His father even had five watchmen guard him day and night. Four personal servants were employed to look after his comfort, and two brahmanas were employed to cook for him
- However, let me make it understood that he should come here without weapons. He may bring with him five or seven servants
- I am the servant of Isvara Puri. My name is Govinda, and following the orders of my spiritual master, I have come here
- I do not wish the servants of Lord Jagannatha to touch me. I would remain there in the garden alone. That is my desire
- I have got some official servant, and I have got very confidential servant. So to my confidential servant everything is disclosed. He knows everything. But official servant, he may not know everything
- I have no right to pass by the Simha-dvara, for the servants of Jagannatha are always coming and going there
- I have thus described the power of the servants of Lord Nityananda. Now I shall describe another characteristic of His mercy
- I see in, in, in your country, there are so many gentlemen, they are very fond of becoming servant of cats and dogs. They have no children, but they voluntarily become servant of cats and dogs
- I think that Nrsimhadeva could not eat anything today, and therefore He is fasting. If the master fasts, how can the servant live
- If a person deviates from the path of the Vedas in the absence of an emergency, the servants of Yamaraja put him into the hell called Asi-patravana, where they beat him with whips
- If anyone has nothing to serve, he keeps a dog and cat and becomes servant of the dog and cat
- If some policeman comes here, immediately you shall feel disturbed. But he is the sincere servant of government. That is the position of Maya
- If the king's mind is fully controlled, all his family members and governmental officers are subordinate to him. His provincial governors present taxes on time, without resistance, and what to speak of lesser servants?
- If the servant executes the order of the master, he is faultless
- If the woman does not agree with the man, and the man treats the woman as his servant, that is not good
- If this injunction is followed, then all other rules and regulations will automatically fall into line. All other rules and regulations should be treated as assistants or servants to this one basic principle
- If you becoming a servant of dog, your everything is supplied by somebody, but do you think that becoming servant of God, nothing will be supplied to you?
- If you do not know the philosophy of Krsna consciousness, if you simply mark your body with tilaka and kanthi, then you are not proper servant, you are not qualified
- If you don't become servant of God, then you become servant of your senses. That is your position. So those who are intelligent, so they will understand that If I have to remain a servant, why I shall remain servant of the senses? Why not of Krsna?
- If you get the chance of getting such mahatma, then try to give him service. Become his servant. Then your path of liberation will be open. And tamo-dvaram yositam sangi-sangam
- If you have got your family and you are thinking you are the master of your wife, children, of your servants, of your business, that is false. You are the servant of your wife, you are the servant of your children, you are the servant of your servants
- If you think that you are the master and that I am the servant, I shall accept this. Please order me. What can I do for you?
- Illusioned by the external energy of the Lord, he (the conditioned soul) is forced to become a servant of the material world. That is the real position of the conditioned soul
- In Bengal it is said that if one becomes an obedient servant of his wife, he loses all reputation. However, the difficulty is that unless one becomes a most obedient servant of his wife, family life becomes disturbed
- In Krsna consciousness we address our contemporaries as "prabhu." Prabhu means master. And the real idea is that "You are my master, I am your servant"
- In spite of achieving the power to control in all directions and in spite of enjoying all types of dear sense gratification as much as possible, Hiranyakasipu was dissatisfied because instead of controlling his senses he remained their servant
- In spite of so much bodily strength, the elephant works as a menial servant for a human being
- In that case, who is the master, and who is the servant? Everyone is being forced by the laws of material nature; therefore no one is master, and no one is servant
- In the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika it is stated that the servants formerly named Bhrngara and Bhangura in Vrndavana became Kasisvara and Govinda in Caitanya Mahaprabhu's pastimes
- In the material world a servant works when money is paid, wages. A devotee is not like that. A devotee serves Krsna out of duty. That is God consciousness
- In the material world, no one wants to be a servant; everyone wants to become the master because false mastership is the basic disease of the conditioned soul. The conditioned soul in the material world wants to lord it over others
- In the spiritual sky, the land is spiritual, the tree is spiritual, the fruit is spiritual, the flower is spiritual, the water is spiritual, the servant is spiritual, the friend is spiritual, the Lord is spiritual and His associates are spiritual
- In the transcendental world, the servant and master are one. That is the absolute platform. Although the relationship is servant and master, both the servant and the served stand on the same platform. That is oneness
- In the varnasrama system the student goes to the asrama of the master to take lessons from him and serve him, even as a menial servant
- In the village of Panihati, Raghunatha dasa obtained an interview with Nityananda Prabhu, who was accompanied by many kirtana performers, servants and others
- In this way the conditioned soul becomes the servant of lusty desires, and when these are not fulfilled, he becomes the servant of anger and continues to be kicked by the external energy, maya
- Indignant and angry, his reddish eyes like molten copper, Hiranyakasipu said to his servants: O demons, take this boy away from me! He deserves to be killed. Kill him as soon as possible
- Isana replied, "I still have one gold coin in my possession." Sanatana Gosvami then said, "Take the coin and return to your home"
- It is a custom for some Vaisnavas to beg from the charity booths and eat whatever they obtain, whereas others stand at night at the Simha-dvara gate, begging alms from the servants
- It is not Gopinatha who sent all those men so that You would release him from his plight. Rather, his friends and servants, seeing his distressed condition, informed You because they all knew that Gopinatha is a soul surrendered unto You
- It is transcendental and is completely distinct from our experience in material existence. This relation of servant and the served is the most congenial form of intimacy. One can realize it as devotional service progresses
- Kesava Chatri said, "Out of jealousy your Muslim servant plots against Him. I think that you should not be very interested in Him, for there is no profit in it. Rather, there is simply loss"
- King Prthu thus satisfied and offered all respect to all the leaders of the brahmanas and other castes, to his servants, to his ministers and to the priests, citizens, general countrymen, people from other communities, admirers and others
- King Prthu will be just like an affectionate father to his citizens, and he will treat himself as the most obedient servant of the devotees, who always preach the glories of the Lord
- King Puranjana said: My dear beautiful wife, when a master accepts a servant as his own man, but does not punish him for his offenses, the servant must be considered unfortunate
- King Puranjana then began to think of his daughters, sons, grandsons, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, servants and other associates as well as his house, his household paraphernalia and his little accumulation of wealth
- King Puranjana then saw that everything in his town was scattered and that his sons, grandsons, servants and ministers were all gradually opposing him. He also noted that his wife was becoming cold and indifferent
- Krsna is the origin of Lord Visnu. He should always be remembered and never forgotten at any time. All the rules and prohibitions mentioned in the sastras should be the servants of these two principles
- Krsna is the witnessing bird, and Arjuna is the eating bird. Although they are friends, one is still the master and the other is the servant
- Krsna means all-attractive, includes everything. Why everything? Because Krsna is the center. Just like in a family, if you love your father, then you love your brothers, sisters, the servant of your father, the home of your father, your mother
- Less intelligent men cannot understand the position of the eternal servant of the Lord. Because the word "servant" is used, they become confused; they cannot understand that this servitude is not the servitude of this material world
- Let me become a sincere servant of the devotees because by serving them one can achieve unalloyed devotional service unto the lotus feet of the Lord
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu emphasized that Raghunatha dasa's life of material comfort as a very rich man's son with a very beautiful wife and many servants to attend him was like a ditch of stool
- Lord Caitanya never tried to be the master of the holy name; rather He taught us how to be servants of the holy name
- Lord Nityananda Prabhu had a servant named Sri Minaketana Ramadasa, who was a reservoir of love
- Lord Nrsimhadeva is very dear to this exalted personality. Thus Prahlada Maharaja, along with his servants and all the denizens of Hari-varsa, worships Lord Nrsimhadeva by chanting the following mantra
- Many servants followed on foot, bearing an umbrella, whisks, different grades of precious jewels, and other paraphernalia befitting a royal reception
- Maya is also the master's energy and is also unlimited; therefore the limited servant or limited living entity is forced to remain under the master or the master's potency, maya
- Mukti means to give up this nonsense business, anyatha. He is servant, but he's thinking master
- My dear King, if you still think that you are the King and that I am your servant, you should order me, and I should follow your order. I can then say that this differentiation is temporary, and it expands only from usage or convention
- My dear King, talks of the relationship between the master and the servant, the king and the subject and so forth are simply talks about material activities
- My dear lotus-eyed, who are those eleven strong bodyguards with you, and who are those ten specific servants? Who are those women following the ten servants, and who is the snake that is preceding you?
- My dear Maharaja Pariksit, O subduer of all enemies, after the servants of Yamaraja had been answered by the order carriers of Lord Visnu, they went to Yamaraja and explained to him everything that had happened
- My dear servants, bring to me for punishment only persons who are averse to the taste of that honey, who do not associate with paramahamsas and who are attached to family life and worldly enjoyment, which form the path to hell
- My dear servants, please do not approach such devotees, for they have fully surrendered to the lotus feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. They are equal to everyone, and their narrations are sung by the demigods and the inhabitants of Siddhaloka
- My dear servants, this transcendental religious principle, which is known as bhagavata-dharma, or surrender unto the Supreme Lord and love for Him, is uncontaminated by the material modes of nature
- My dear servants, who are as good as my sons, just see how glorious is the chanting of the holy name of the Lord. The greatly sinful Ajamila chanted only to call his son, not knowing that he was chanting the Lord's holy name
- My dear slender maiden, when a master chastises his servant, the servant should accept this as great mercy. One who becomes angry must be very foolish not to know that such is the duty of his friend
- My dear Svarupa,He said, I entrust this Raghunatha dasa to you. Please accept him as your son or servant
- My entire home has been purified by your arrival. Kindly order me. What can I do for you? I am your servant
- My father used to say, "If you do not allow the servants to steal, so don't keep." Don't keep servants. "A servant who does not steal, he is not a gentleman. He must steal"
- My spiritual master is the servant of his spiritual master, and I am also servant of my spiritual master
- O beloved husband, the fires, guests, servants and beggars are all being properly cared for by me. Because I always think of you, there is no possibility that any of the religious principles will be neglected
- O Lord of my life, may I again become their servant so that my mind may always think of Your transcendental attributes, my words always glorify those attributes, and my body always engage in the loving service of Your Lordship?
- O my Lord, O Supreme Personality of Godhead, will I again be able to be a servant of Your eternal servants who find shelter only at Your lotus feet?
- Of course, there are devotees who are trying to become servant. They are trying. The devotional service means, Krsna consciousness means to train people how to become servant of God. That is all
- On a theatrical stage someone takes the part of enemy to the proprietor of the stage, although the play is for a short time and there is no permanent enmity between the servant and the proprietor
- One brahmana and one servant were given to Madhavendra Puri just to carry the sandalwood. He was also given the necessary traveling expenses
- One cannot call himself a devotee, but servant he can call himself always
- One day it so happened that about ten coconuts were properly clipped and brought by a servant to offer to the Deity
- One day while Sivananda was detained by a tollman, his servant forgot to give the dog its cooked rice
- One does not know that this consciousness, that "I shall become the master," is the cause of his suffering. This philosophy has to be understood. Because constitutionally we are all servants
- One should not engage paid brahmanas to worship the Deity. If one does not personally worship the Deity but engages paid servants instead, he is considered lazy, and his worship of the Deity is called artificial
- One who has materialistic motivations cannot become a servant, and one who unnecessarily bestows benedictions upon his servant to keep his own prestigious position is not a real master
- One's kingdom, military power, treasury, servants, ministers, friends and relatives are all causes of fear, illusion, lamentation and distress. They are like a gandharva-nagara, a nonexistent palace that one imagines to exist in the forest
- Our constitutional position is like that. If we do not serve God, we do not agree... We are servant of God, but if we deny that "No, I am not servant," so that means I become servant of maya. Servant I'll have to remain. That is my constitutional position
- Our Guru Maharaja, when we offered obeisances, he used to return me, daso 'smi: "I am your servant"
- Perfect intelligence is to render service unto the Lord. One should be intelligent enough to understand that the living being is, in all circumstances, a servant of the circumstances
- Please do not be hesitant. I am your servant, and when I serve you my heart becomes jubilant
- Pradyumna Misra, being thus advised by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, went to the home of Ramananda Raya. There the servant of Ramananda Raya gave him a proper place to sit down
- Raghunatha Bhatta said, "You are a respectable gentleman, a learned scholar and a great devotee, Please do not try to serve me. Just come with me in a happy mood"
- Raghunatha dasa did not accept the money and men sent by his father. Therefore the brahmana and one of the servants stayed there with the money
- Raghunatha dasa thought, "This is the greatest opportunity to go away because this time there are no servants or watchmen with me"
- Raghunatha dasa's father immediately sent four hundred coins, two servants and one brahmana to Sivananda Sena
- Ramacandra Khan ordered the servant to dig up the dirt in the place where Nityananda Prabhu had sat
- Ramananda Raya replied, "Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya thinks of me as his servant. Even in my absence he is very careful to do me good"
- Real happiness is to enjoy with Rama, enjoy with Krsna. What is that enjoyment? Krsna is the master. He orders, and you perform the order. That is enjoyment. Master and servant. Not as master, as servant. That is our enjoyment
- Regarding printing our books, I may inform you in this connection that I saw one bulletin of "Indian Railways" in which it was specifically advised that every railway servant should see to it that the wheels of the carriages must be moving always
- Royal princes maintained menservants and maidservants with all provisions, as if they were their own children or family members
- Rupa Gosvami said, "The servants danced, and the restless eyes of all the young girls glanced about"
- Saintly persons are quite ready to visit the house of a poor man or a man who is attached to material family life. When this happens, the owner of the house and his servants are glorified because they offer water for washing the feet of a saintly person
- Sanandana said, "The Vedas personified describing His (Lord's) wonderful transcendental pastimes, exactly like servants of a king"
- Sanatana asked his servant, "Isana, I think you have some valuable things with you." Isana replied, "Yes, I have seven gold coins"
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "My dear Lord, I am a very lowborn person. Indeed, I am a servant to lowborn people; therefore I am very, very downtrodden. Nonetheless, You have taught me conclusions unknown even to Lord Brahma"
- Servant devotees in Gokula
- Servant is declaring to become master; therefore suffering. And as soon as we accept that "I am not master; I am servant," then there is no suffering. Very simple philosophy. That is mukti. Mukti means just come to the right platform
- Servant of desire means just like the street dog. He is also desiring: 'If these gentleman will accept me as his dog?' But he is going there, and he is driven away: 'Hut Hut.' He is going to some house, moving his tail, 'My dear sir, will you give me'
- Servant of the acaryas
- Servant's business is to surrender, not to argue with the master or to claim that "I am equal with you." These are all fanatic, mad proposal
- She (Mayadevi) is Vaisnavi. She is great devotee of Krsna. But she has accepted a thankless task, to punish. The policeman is a sincere government servant, but he has accepted a task, nobody likes him
- Simply by votes he is President. Actually he is not; he is the servant of the voters, but he's thinking, "I am President." This is called maya
- Since the body itself is ultimately meant to become stool or earth, what is the meaning of the paraphernalia related to the body, such as wives, residences, wealth, children, relatives, servants, friends, kingdoms, treasuries, animals and ministers?
- Smiling, the landlord said, "Before you offered them, I already knew that there were eight gold coins in your servant's possession"
- So if somebody will complain, "Sir, your this servant is stealing like this," he would be very angry. The man who complains, he will be angry upon him, "Why do you come and complain?"
- Some of the dead animals that were fit to be offered in sacrifices were carried by servants and sent to King Yudhisthira. The ferocious animals, such as tigers and rhinoceroses, were killed only to stop disturbances in the forest
- Sometimes he used to go to his private home with one of his chief servants (the mind), who was named Visucina. At that time, illusion, satisfaction and happiness used to be produced from his wife and children
- Sometimes the conditioned soul is very aggrieved by the chastisement of his enemies and government servants, who use harsh words against him directly or indirectly. At that time his heart and ears become very saddened
- Spiritual master is servant authority, and God is the master authority. Therefore sevya bhagavan, seva bhagavan
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu became patient after receiving the garland and prasadam of Lord Jagannatha. All the servants of Lord Jagannatha met Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu with great pleasure
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then continued speaking to Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, "Consider this point. The servant of the spiritual master is always respectable for Me"
- Suppose you are a government servant. You are serving in the secretariat. But tomorrow you become Hindu or Muslim or Christian. But do you mean to say that your service in the government will be changed also? No. That will continue
- Svarupa Damodara informed Him, "Govinda was the servant of Isvara Puri. He is very highly qualified"
- Taking advantage of this situation, he always thought of the prostitute, and within a short time he took her as a servant in his house and abandoned all the regulative principles of a brahmana
- That chanting alone has already freed him from the reactions of all sinful life. Therefore, O servants of Yamaraja, do not try to take him to your master for punishment in hellish conditions
- That is Krsna consciousness movement. One has to understand thoroughly that he's not master. He's servant. He's completely dependent on the supreme will
- That means that the servant engages himself in the service of the master just to satisfy his own senses
- The best thing is that instead of becoming at last the servant of a dog, just immediately become servant of God. That is your success of life
- The Bhattacarya brought large quantities of excellent food remnants blessed by Lord Jagannatha. All this prasadam was given to his own brahmana servant, along with Jagadananda and Damodara
- The blessed messengers of Lord Visnu, the Visnudutas, said: If you are actually servants of Yamaraja, you must explain to us the meaning of religious principles and the symptoms of irreligion
- The brahmana's son, Srngi, said: O just look at the sins of the rulers who, like crows and watchdogs at the door, perpetrate sins against their masters, contrary to the principles governing servants
- The challenge was that "If you are servants of Dharmaraja, then explain what is dharma." It doesn't matter whether a man is civilized or uncivilized or good-looking or bad-looking, but if he has got proper guide, then he can speak the right thing
- The cost for these two occasions was 640 kaudis. Therefore he would take that much from the servant and the brahmana
- The demons (Raksasas), the servants of Hiranyakasipu, thus began striking the tender parts of Prahlada Maharaja's body with their tridents
- The drunkard does not derive any profit out of drinking, but because he has become a servant of the drinking habit and does not wish to get out of it, the merciful Lord gives him all facilities to fulfill such desires
- The followers and servants of the dacoit chief considered Jada Bharata to possess qualities quite suitable for a man-animal, and they decided that he was a perfect choice for sacrifice
- The Hindu, Muslim or Christian in all circumstances is servant of someone. Thus, to profess a particular type of faith is not to profess one's sanatana-dharma. The rendering of service is sanatana-dharma
- The idea is that the Supreme Lord is the supreme enjoyer. He is no one's servant or order supplier. Similarly, since the holy name of the Lord is identical with the Lord, one should not try to utilize the holy name for one's personal service
- The King says there to all the sages present before him at the time of his death, "My dear brahmanas, you should always accept me as your surrendered servant"
- The King then went outside and had orders written down and sent to the government servants within his kingdom
- The king, as the administrator of the state, executed his duties as a servant of the brahmanas. It was not that the kings or brahmanas were dictators, nor did they consider themselves proprietors of the state
- The Lord is more pleased when He sees that His servants are properly respected because such servants risk everything for the service of the Lord and so are very dear to the Lord
- The Lord never bestows upon such servants the brilliant opulences of the upper, lower and middle planetary systems of this material world
- The maidservants bound the servants of Jagannatha, handcuffed them and made them fall down at the lotus feet of the goddess of fortune. Indeed, they were arrested just like thieves who have all their riches taken away
- The master and servants who are engaged in offering the exalted visitors water, a sitting place and paraphernalia for reception are glorified, and the home itself is also glorified
- The material modes of nature, being products of the energy of the Lord, are certainly connected with the Lord, but the connection is just like that between the master and the servants
- The mistake is that being addressed as boss or prabhu one thinks himself as exactly Prabhu or the boss. One should not forget himself as humble servant even though one is addressed as prabhu
- The more you become servant of the servant, you are perfect. And as soon as you declare independence, you are rascal. This is the process. We should always remain most obedient servant of my master
- The next year, when Sivananda Sena was going to Jagannatha Puri as usual, the servants and the brahmana, who was a cook, went with him
- The nyaya-sastra confirms, bhrtyaparadhe svamino dandah: if a servant makes a mistake, the master is punishable because he is responsible for the offense
- The person served, the process of service and the servant. These three items are completely spiritual, and therefore the spiritual world is called absolute. There is no tinge of material contamination there
- The predominating ruler of Bhadrasva-varsa is Bhadrasrava. He and his many servants always worship the incarnation known as Lord Hayagriva
- The real identity of the living entity is that he is eternally servant of God. We should not understand this word servant in the meaning of materialistic servant. To become servant of God is a great position
- The real master commands, "You must do this," and the real servant immediately obeys the order. Unless this relationship between the Supreme Lord and the subordinate living entity is established, there can be no real happiness
- The servant always remains subordinate to the master, and this relationship is eternal and undisturbed. As soon as the servant feels like becoming the master, he falls into maya. Thus it is by misuse of free will that one falls under the influence of maya
- The servant informed Lord Nityananda, "My dear Sir, Ramacandra Khan has sent me to accommodate You in some common man's house"
- The servant informed them, "The day has already ended." Then Ramananda Raya ended his discourses about Krsna
- The servant serves the master as long as there is payment
- The servants and brahmana brought four hundred coins to Jagannatha Puri, and there they met Raghunatha dasa
- The servants are always coming and going without interval. If I touch them, I shall be ruined
- The servants of Lord Jagannatha generally move about tending to their duties, but if they touch me I shall be an offender
- The servants of the Lord are actually the servants of society. They have no interest in human society other than to enlighten it in transcendental knowledge
- The servants were so careful that a male could not even see what was going on there, & so they were surprised that she (Usa) had become contaminated. Since they could not trace out the reason for it, they submitted the whole situation before their master
- The sixteenth dear servant of Nityananda Prabhu was Dhananjaya Pandita. He was very much renounced and always merged in love of Krsna
- The so-called servant means that "Unless you pay me, I am not going to serve you." Strike. "I am your master. You pay me. Then I shall serve you." So nobody is servant actually
- The sons, servants and family members of Sivananda Sena constituted a subbranch. They were all sincere servants of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The Supreme Lord is full in six opulences, and when a devotee approaches Him there is an exchange of these six opulences. The servant of the king enjoys on an almost equal level with the king
- The ten strong servants of the mind are the five working senses and the five knowledge-gathering senses. All these ten senses work under the aegis of the mind
- The Visnudutas were also surprised that the Yamadutas, although claiming to be servants of Yamaraja, the supreme judge of religious principles, were unaware of the principles of religious action
- The whole process of spiritual culture is aimed at changing the heart of the living being in the matter of his eternal relation with the Supreme Lord as subordinate servant, which is his eternal constitutional position
- Their two brothers were named Sripati and Srinidhi. These four brothers and their servants and maidservants are considered one big branch
- Then the maidservants of the goddess of fortune said to the servants of Jagannatha, "Why did your Jagannatha abandon the great opulence of the goddess of fortune and, for the sake of a few leaves, fruits & flowers, go see the flower garden of Radharani"
- There are four varnas, namely, the brahmanas (priests and intellectuals), the ksatriyas (warriors and statesmen), the vaisyas (businessmen and farmers) and the sudras (laborers and servants)
- There may be rivalries & apparent competition between servants in performing service, but in the Vaikuntha planets the service of another servant is appreciated not condemned. This is Vaikuntha competition. There is no question of enmity between servants
- There may be rivalries and apparent competition between servants in performing service, but in the Vaikuntha planets the service of another servant is appreciated, not condemned
- There was a physician and his servant. So one day the physician was called by some person to treat his horse...
- There was a solitary room at Kasi Misra's house, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave it to Paramananda Puri. He also gave him a servant
- There were soldiers bedecked with golden armor, servants bearing betel nut, and many well-known and beautiful prostitutes
- These are the general principles to be followed by all human beings: performing worship, offering obeisances, becoming a servant, becoming a friend, and surrendering one's whole self
- These so-called brahmanas then became angry at him. Because they were servants of Hiranyakasipu, they were very sorry, and to chastise Prahlada Maharaja they spoke as follows
- These sons and grandsons were virtually plunderers of King Puranjana's riches, including his home, treasury, servants, secretaries and all other paraphernalia. Puranjana's attachment for these things was very deep-rooted
- These three - Rupa Gosvami, Sanatana Gosvami and Jiva Gosvami - are my spiritual masters, and so also is Raghunatha dasa Gosvami. I therefore offer prayers at their lotus feet, for I am their servant
- This boy Prahlada is the killer of my brother, for he has given up his family to engage in the devotional service of the enemy, Lord Visnu, like a menial servant
- This means that he gave 900,000 chariots. And he (King Nagnajit) gave a hundred times more horses than chariots, or 90,000,000 horses, and a hundred times more menservants than horses
- This verse uncovered the door of ecstatic love, and when it was exhibited, all the servants of Gopinatha saw Caitanya Mahaprabhu dance in ecstasy
- Thus both servant and master departed for their respective homes. The next day, Jagadananda Pandita went to meet Sanatana Gosvami
- Thus it is a custom for all time that a devotee who has no other means of support stands at the Simha-dvara gate to receive alms from the servants
- Thus wondering, she called Isana, the servant, and had the place cleaned again. She then offered another plate to Gopala
- Thus, I, Krsnadasa, the servant of Srila Rupa Gosvami, have sung of four divisions of the Lord's pastimes in this chapter: the Lord's devotion to His mother, His words of madness, His rubbing His face against the walls at night
- To become one with Krsna, means that we agree to His proposals. It is very simple to understand. Just like in the family: the head of the family, and there are many members, sons and daughters or servants, wife, children, so many
- To become untinged by the modes of material nature is the qualification for entering into the service of the Lord. As long as one is a servant of mental concoctions, one cannot be completely free from the disease of "I" and "mine"
- To respectable persons he (Prahlada) acted exactly like a menial servant, to the poor he was like a father and to his equals he was attached like a sympathetic brother
- To respectable persons he acted exactly like a menial servant, to the poor he was like a father, to his equals he was attached like a sympathetic brother, and he considered his teachers, spiritual masters and older Godbrothers to be as good as the SPG
- To say nothing of this, He sometimes serves your family as a messenger or servant. This means He worked just as ordinary servants do
- To serve his servants may please him more than to serve the king personally. So the Spiritual Master is not alone. He is always with His entourage. We are not impersonalists
- Today you are a king and I am your servant, but tomorrow the position may be changed, and you may be my servant and I your master. These are temporary circumstances created by providence
- Transcendental loving service is never to be compared to the forced service of the material world. In the material world, even if one is under the conception that he is no one's servant, he is still the servant of his senses
- Unable to see Ramananda Raya immediately, Pradyumna Misra inquired from the servant, who then described what Sri Ramananda Raya was doing
- Unfortunately the illusioned living beings, out of misunderstanding only, become servants of the senses by material desire. This desire is called avidya, or nescience
- Unfortunately, this washerman was a servant of Kamsa and therefore could not appreciate the demand of Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. This is the effect of bad association
- Varuna said, "I beg Your (Krsna's) pardon for the offense of my servant. I think that it was Your plan to show me Your mercy by Your personal presence here"
- Vidura sarcastically addressed Dhrtarastra as the "King," which he was actually not. Everyone is the servant of eternal time, and therefore no one can be king in this material world. King means the person who can order
- Vijuli Khan was very young, and he was the son of the king. All the other Muslims, or Pathanas, headed by Ramadasa, were his servants
- We are not Christian nor Hindu nor Muslim. We are God's servant. That's all. Anyone who is God's servant, there is no disagreement. And when one is maya's servant, servant of maya, illusion, there is disagreement
- We do not say that we do not believe in the demigods. No, we believe in. But they are servants. We cannot make the servant & master on the equal footing. We worship Durga. Now, what is the function? She is acting by the desire of the Supreme Lord, Govinda
- We give equal roles spiritually. Materially, one man is servant; one man is master. How you can avoid this?
- We have invented something new, to become servant of sex and intoxication." And if somebody says, "Yes, it is all right. You go on with this. Simply meditate for fifteen minutes and you'll actually realize that you are God..." This is asuric
- We practice and preach svabhava dharma but not that dharma which is taken as a matter of faith. The svabhava dharma of every living creature is to become a servant
- We shudder because we have no idea that what sort of servant is in the transcendental world. In the transcendental world, there is no distinction between the servant and the master
- What is that glanih? The glanih is when we forget Krsna. Then our activities become polluted. Just like a servant. If he forgets that there is master, then he becomes polluted. He steals, he mismanages things, things become very disordered
- When a person becomes weak from the attack of old age, the family members, servants and secretaries do not care for him. He is then unable to counteract this. Thus he becomes more and more anxious and laments his frightful condition
- When a person is elevated to this state of endurance, he thinks as follows: "I do not wish to be a highly posted government servant. I shall be satisfied even if I have to eat food collected by begging"
- When Gopinatha Pattanayaka was lifted onto the canga, he said, "all his servants went to inform Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- When Gopinatha Pattanayaka's servant went to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and informed the Lord of his plight, the Lord was somewhat agitated and dissatisfied
- When Hiranyakasipu's servants brought the boy Prahlada back to the guru-kula (the place where the brahmanas taught the boys), the priests of the demons, Sanda and Amarka, pacified him
- When his servants, the Yamadutas, informed him of their defeat by the Visnudutas, who had stopped them from arresting Ajamila, what did he reply?
- When I become servant of maya, even I do not wish to do something which is not very good, still I am obliged to do it
- When King Puranjana saw that all his family members, relatives, followers, servants, secretaries and everyone else had turned against him, he certainly became very anxious
- When Mother Yasoda heard that Krsna's cows were being forcibly moved by the strong servants of Kamsa and that the tender cowherd boys were trying to protect their cows, she began to think
- When Nanda Maharaja was taken away by one of Varuna's servants, Nanda's companions began to call loudly for Krsna and Balarama. Immediately Krsna and Balarama could understand that Nanda Maharaja had been taken by a servant of Varuna
- When Nityananda Prabhu heard this order from the servant of Ramacandra Khan, He became very angry and came out. Laughing very loudly, He spoke as follows
- When Srikanta was sitting in an elevated place, he could see Sanatana Gosvami. That night he took a servant and went to see Sanatana Gosvami
- When the city was set ablaze, all the citizens and servants of the King, as well as all family members, sons, grandsons, wives and other relatives, were within the fire. King Puranjana thus became very unhappy
- When the Durga-mandapa and courtyard became filled with crowds of men, Ramacandra Khan, who was inside the house, sent his servant to Lord Nityananda
- When the procession arrived, the maidservants of the goddess of fortune began to arrest all the principal servants of Lord Jagannatha
- When the same relationships are pervertedly reflected in this material world, we have relationships as the sons, fathers, friends, lovers, masters or servants of others, but all these relationships are subject to termination within a definite period
- When the servant informed Ramananda Raya of Pradyumna Misra's arrival, Ramananda Raya immediately went to the assembly room
- When the servants fell down before the lotus feet of the goddess of fortune, they almost fell unconscious. They were chastised and made the butt of jokes and loose language
- When we inquire from a friend whether everything is well, we are concerned not only with his personal self but also with his family, his source of income, and his assistants or servants. All of them must be well, and then a person can be happy
- Whereas Krsna, the Absolute Truth, the SPG, is full of transcendental bliss, possesses all six spiritual opulences in full, and is the master of the material energy, the small conditioned soul, who is always unhappy, is the servant of the material energy
- While the child (Krsna) was sitting on the ground, a demon named Trnavarta, who was a servant of Kamsa's, came there as a whirlwind, at Kamsa's instigation, and very easily carried the child away into the air
- While the King and Mukunda dasa were conversing, a servant brought a fan made of peacock feathers to shade the King's head from the sun. Consequently he held the fan above the King’s head
- While wandering here & there in that wonderful garden, King Puranjana suddenly came in contact with a very beautiful woman who was walking there without any engagement. She had ten servants with her, & each servant had hundreds of wives accompanying him
- Why is a highly placed government servant given better facilities than those of an ordinary clerk? The answer is that a highly placed officer has to discharge duties of a higher nature
- Without the spiritual master's order, nobody can utilize the service of a godbrother as one's personal servant. We address each-other as prabhu, so how can we engage our godbrother as servant?
- Yamaraja also advised his servants never to approach the devotees. On the contrary, he instructed his messengers that if they meet a devotee they should offer their respectful obeisances
- Yamaraja said: My dear servants, you have accepted me as the Supreme, but factually I am not. Above me, and above all the other demigods, including Indra and Candra, is the one supreme master and controller
- Yamaraja specifically advises his servants not to bring the devotees, who always lick the honey at the lotus feet of the Lord, who are equal to everyone, and who try to preach Krsna consciousness because of sympathy for all living entities
- Yamaraja, considering himself and his servants to be offenders, spoke as follows, begging pardon from the Lord: O my Lord, my servants have surely committed a great offense by arresting a Vaisnava such as Ajamila
- Yasoda began to think, "How can I protect these poor boys from the invasion of Kamsa's servants?" This is an instance of a superior attitude in a devotee
- Yes, to call one another prabhu is all right, but not to become prabhu. To accept others as prabhu, and remain as servant is the idea. But because somebody is calling you prabhu, one should not become a prabhu, and treat others as servants
- You are extremely difficult to attain for those like me who are too attached to mental concoction, home, relatives, friends, money, servants and assistants
- You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana Himself, and I am only a government servant interested in materialistic activities. Indeed, I am the lowest among men of the fourth caste
- "You can become master, even God you can become" - this is cheating. The real spiritual master says that "You can never become master. You are always servant"
- You have also said that the external behavior exhibited between the master and the servant is not factual, but although in the phenomenal world it is not factual, the products of the phenomenal world can actually affect things