Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
maidservant | maidservants | maidservant's
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Maidservant"
The following 63 pages are in this category, out of 63 total.
- In his previous life Narada Muni was the son of a maidservant
- Satyakama Jabala was born of a maidservant, but wanted to become a brahmana, and so he approached Gautama Muni for initiation
- There is a drama in Bengali that in a house a doctor came to diagnose. There were two patients, the housewife and the maidservant
- After the performance of the different sacrifices, Vasudeva offered ample riches, clothing, ornaments, cows, land and maidservants to the priests
- All the maidservants began to beat the Ratha car with sticks, and they treated the servants of Lord Jagannatha almost like thieves
- Although I was worshiped by those on the path of monism and initiated into self-realization through the yoga system, I have nonetheless been forcibly turned into a maidservant by some cunning boy who is always joking with the gopis
- As far as material conveniences are concerned, they automatically come, just as the maidservants of a queen follow the queen wherever she goes. Liberation is no problem for the pure devotee, and all material conveniences are simply awaiting him
- Because Narada Muni, in his previous life, was the poverty-stricken son of a maidservant, he got the association of saintly persons and later became the exalted Narada Muni
- Because Saubhari Muni was expert in chanting mantras perfectly, his severe austerities resulted in an opulent home, with garments, ornaments, properly dressed & decorated maidservants & manservants & varieties of parks with clear-water lakes & gardens
- Each & every wife had hundreds and thousands of maidservants, yet when Krsna entered the palaces of His thousands of wives, each one of them used to receive Krsna personally by seating Him in a nice chair, worshiping Him with all requisite paraphernalia
- Everyone in Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya's house is very dear to Me, including his maids and servants and even his dog. And what to speak of his relatives
- First of all he (King Nagnajit) gave them (Krsna and Satya) 10,000 cows and 3,000 well-dressed young maidservants, ornamented up to their necks. This system of dowry is still current in India, especially for ksatriya princes
- For her (Laksmana) dowry, he (Duryodana) first gave 1,200 elephants, each at least 60 years old; then he gave 10,000 nice horses, 6,000 chariots, dazzling just like the sunshine, and 1,000 maidservants decorated with golden ornaments
- In his (Narada Muni) previous life he was born of a maidservant. Although he was not born into a prestigious position, his mother was fortunately engaged in rendering service to some Vaisnavas
- In his previous life he was simply a boy of a maidservant, but through association with great devotees he became a devotee of the Lord of his own standard, unique in the history of devotional service
- In Ilavrta-varsa, Lord Siva is always encircled by ten billion maidservants of goddess Durga, who minister to him
- In the Ilavrta-varsa, Lord Siva is the only male. There he lives with his wife, Bhavani, who is attended by many maidservants. If any other male enters that province, Bhavani curses him to become a woman
- In the kingdom of God, the Lord’s servants and maidservants, His consorts, His father and mother and everything else are all transformations of the spiritual existence of sandhini-sakti
- In the kitchen of the demon was a maidservant whose name was Mayavati. This woman had formerly been the wife of Cupid, called Rati
- In the life of Srila Narada Muni, he became the topmost devotee of the Lord simply by the association of pure devotees of the Lord. By birth he was the son of a maidservant and had no knowledge of his father and no academic education
- In this situation, Lord Sri Krsna sat very comfortably and enjoyed the service of Rukminiji, who was assisted by her maidservants
- In this way all the maidservants of the goddess of fortune arrested the servants of Jagannatha, bound them around the waist and brought them before the goddess of fortune
- It is stated that as the personal attendants and maidservants of a queen follow the queen with all respect & obeisances, similarly the joys of religiousness, economic development, sense gratification, liberation follow the devotional service of the Lord
- Royal princes maintained menservants and maidservants with all provisions, as if they were their own children or family members
- Rukmini was very eager to get the opportunity to serve her husband, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. She therefore wanted to serve the Lord personally and took the handle of the camara from the hand of a maidservant and began to move the fan
- She (Sudama's wife) was fully decorated with a gold necklace and ornaments, and while standing among the maidservants she appeared like a demigod’s wife just alighting from an airplane
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu blessed a maidservant named Duhkhi with the name Sukhi. He called for Kholaveca Sridhara and showed him His maha-prakasa. Then He called for Murari Gupta and showed him His feature as Lord Ramacandra
- Sri Narada Muni in his previous life was just an ordinary maidservant's son, so how he became so perfectly transformed into the spiritual body of eternal life, bliss and knowledge is certainly important
- Srila Narada Muni became the topmost devotee of the Lord simply by the association of pure devotees of the Lord. By birth he was the son of a maidservant and had no knowledge of his father and no academic education, even of the lowest status
- Srila Naradadeva happened to be a maidservant's son in his previous life. The maidservant was engaged in the menial service of the sages, and thus he also came into contact with them
- Srila Ramananda Raya used to act in that way because he thought of himself in his original position as a maidservant of the gopis
- The brahmana desired to enjoy the company of a prostitute, and therefore his wife went to her and became her maidservant, just to draw her attention for his service
- The maidservants bound the servants of Jagannatha, handcuffed them and made them fall down at the lotus feet of the goddess of fortune. Indeed, they were arrested just like thieves who have all their riches taken away
- The maidservants were carrying water pitchers, camara whisks and boxes for betel nuts. There were hundreds of maidservants, all attractively dressed and wearing valuable necklaces
- The woman replied to Krsna, "My dear Syamasundara, dear beautiful dark boy, You may know that I am engaged as a maidservant of Kamsa. I am supplying him pulp of sandalwood daily"
- Their two brothers were named Sripati and Srinidhi. These four brothers and their servants and maidservants are considered one big branch
- Then the maidservants of the goddess of fortune said to the servants of Jagannatha, "Why did your Jagannatha abandon the great opulence of the goddess of fortune and, for the sake of a few leaves, fruits & flowers, go see the flower garden of Radharani"
- There were many maidservants (at the palace), all of whom were decorated with gold necklaces, bangles and beautiful saris
- They (the thousand maidservants) then decorated her (Devahuti) with very excellent and valuable jewels, which shone brightly. Next they offered her food containing all good qualities, and a sweet, inebriating drink called asavam
- This idea is confirmed by Bilvamangala Thakur: If one develops unalloyed devotion to the Lord, liberation will follow the devotee as his maidservant
- This is ideal of human civilization. The every woman should try to become maidservant of her husband, and every man should try to become the hundred times servant of Krsna. This is Indian civilization. Not that "Husband and wife, we are equal rights"
- Those (brahmanas) who were not married were given wives, maidservants, grain, silver, utensils, garments, jewels, household furniture, chariots, etc. This charity was nicely performed as a sacrifice according to the Vedic rituals
- Vidura was conceived by Vyasadeva in the womb of the maidservant of Ambika, mother of Maharaja Pandu
- Vrndavana is the storehouse of Krsna's mercy and the sweet opulences of conjugal love. That is where the spiritual energy, working as a maidservant, exhibits the rasa dance, the quintessence of all pastimes
- Vrndavana-dhama is made of transcendental touchstone. Its entire surface is the source of all valuable jewels, and the cintamani stone is used to decorate the lotus feet of the maidservants of Vrndavana
- Vyasadeva, following the order of his mother, Satyavati, begot three sons, two by the womb of Ambika and Ambalika, the two wives of his brother Vicitravirya, and the third by Vicitravirya's maidservant. These sons were Dhrtarastra, Pandu and Vidura
- When a ksatriya prince is married, at least a dozen maidservants of similar age are given along with the bride. After giving the cows & maidservants, the King enriched the dowry by giving 9,000 elephants and a hundred times more chariots than elephants
- When all the maidservants brought Lord Jagannatha's servants before the lotus feet of the goddess of fortune, the Lord's servants were fined and forced to submit
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's associates saw such impudence exhibited by the maidservants of the goddess of fortune, they covered their faces with their hands and began to smile
- When the procession arrived, the maidservants of the goddess of fortune began to arrest all the principal servants of Lord Jagannatha
- While Devahuti was thinking of what to do in that great palace in her dirty clothes, there were at once, by the yogic powers of Kardama Muni, one thousand maidservants prepared to serve her
- With the first complete engagement, one becomes automatically detached from material contamination, and liberation becomes the maidservant of the devotee