Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
Pages in category "Servitude"
The following 48 pages are in this category, out of 48 total.
- A devotee does not desire anything in this material world. A devotee desires only to serve the Supreme Personality of Godhead. This servitude exists eternally; the Lord exists eternally, His servitor exists eternally, and the service exists eternally
- All the emotions, whether those of father, mother, teacher or friend, are full of sentiments of servitude. That is the nature of love of Krsna
- All unalloyed devotees are sakti-tattvas, or potencies of the Lord. Some of them are situated in conjugal love and others in filial affection, fraternity and servitude
- Although they fight with Him and climb upon His shoulders, they worship His lotus feet in a spirit of servitude
- Devotees engaged in servitude are attached to Krsna in the affection of reverence. Some of the inhabitants of Gokula (Vrndavana as exhibited on earth) are attached to Krsna on this platform of affection in reverence
- Direct devotional services are as follows: neutrality, servitude, fraternity, paternity and conjugal love. Indirect devotional service is divided into laughter, compassion, anger, chivalry, dread, astonishment and ghastliness
- Factually no one is master here in the material world, and therefore the servants of the senses have a very bad experience of servitude. They shudder at the thought of service because they have no knowledge of the transcendental position
- First neutrality estimation... That is called santa-rasa, neutral, no activity but simply appreciating, "God is great," simply appreciation. And then servitude
- Five of these rasas are direct, and they are listed as neutrality, servitude, fraternal love, parental love and conjugal love. Seven of the rasas are indirect, and they are listed as humor, astonishment, chivalry, compassion, anger, dread and ghastliness
- For example, the fraternal feelings of Balarama are mixed with servitude and parental affection. Similarly, King Yudhisthira's attraction for Krsna is also mixed with parental affection and servitude
- For example, Uddhava is in relationship with Krsna as a friend, but in Uddhava's character a trace of servitude to Krsna is also visible. Such friendship is called friendship in reverence
- Four kinds of devotees are the receptacles of the four kinds of mellows in love of God, namely servitude, friendship, parental affection and conjugal love
- He says, "Nityananda and I are servants of Lord Caitanya." Nowhere else is there such joy as that which is tasted in this emotion of servitude
- Hearing up to the point of spontaneous love, the Lord said, "This is all right, but if you know more, please tell Me." In reply, Ramananda Raya said, "Spontaneous loving service in servitude - as exchanged by master, servant - is the highest perfection"
- His (the living entity) servitude under the spell of illusory maya is also a manifestation of his eternal condition of service
- If you are in the disciplic succession of the servitude, servant of the servant of the servant, evam parampara-praptam, then you become representative
- In general, love of Godhead is devoid of the intimacy of ownership. In the case of love in servitude, there is a want of confidence. There is a want of increased affection in the fraternal relationship
- In the ecstasy of ghastliness in devotional service, feelings of neutral love, laughter or servitude are compatible, whereas feelings of conjugal union and fraternity are incompatible
- Self-realization with a sense of servitude for the Lord is certainly transcendental, but when a sense of fraternity is added the relationship develops, and as affection increases, this relationship develops into parenthood and conjugal love
- Servitude, friendship, parental affection and conjugal love for the Supreme Personality of Godhead are the basis of the four kinds of devotional activities
- Similarly, the transcendental mellow of Ugrasena, Krsna's grandfather, is mixed with servitude and parental affection. The affection of all the elderly gopis in Vrndavana is a mixture of parental love, servitude and fraternity
- Srila Rupa Gosvami states herein that according to some learned scholars, the three kinds of transcendental mellow so far described - namely, servitude, fraternity and parental affection - are sometimes mixed up
- The affection of all the elderly gopis in Vrndavana is a mixture of parental love, servitude and fraternity. The affection of the sons of Madri - Nakula and Sahadeva - as well as the affection of the sage Narada, is a mixture of friendship and servitude
- The affection of the sons of Madri, Nakula and Sahadeva, as well as the affection of sage Narada, is a mixture of friendship and servitude. The affection of Lord Siva, Garuda and Uddhava is a mixture of servitude and fraternity
- The devotees of the Lord in servitude are divided into four classes: appointed servants (such as Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, who are appointed to control over the material modes of passion and ignorance)
- The foolish mundaner enjoys only the temporary results of his activities - fleeting mundane happiness or distress - and undergoes a severe penalty of servitude dictated by the modes of nature
- The jiva's spiritual existence in the abode of the Lord consists of service to Him in different mellows, such as servitude, friendship, parenthood, and conjugal love
- The pastimes of Radha and Krsna are very confidential. They cannot be understood through the mellows of servitude, fraternity or parental affection
- The source of the sentiment of servitude is indeed Lord Balarama. The plenary expansions who follow Him are all influenced by that ecstasy
- The sweetness of Lord Krsna is not to be tasted by those who consider themselves equal to Krsna. It is to be tasted only through the sentiment of servitude
- There are also different types of bhaktas, or devotees, on the platforms of neutrality, servitude, friendship, parenthood and conjugal love
- There are also the direct servants of Krsna, such as Citraka, Patraka and Raktaka, and these are the embodiments of service in the mellow of servitude. There are also friends like Sridama and Sudama, who embody service in fraternity
- There are five kinds of relationship. Just like "God is great." That is simply feeling the greatness of God. Then, when he feels exactly how God is great, then naturally there will be an inclination to serve God. That is called servitude
- There is no end to sense gratificatory business, and the conditioned soul becomes entangled in such servitude without hope of release. The release is only effected by association with pure devotees
- These selfless symptoms can again be divided into five groups: neutrality, servitude, fraternity, parenthood and conjugal love. Such ecstatic love assumes a particular mode in contact with different objects of love
- This third division of Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu describes the five primary kinds of devotional service - namely neutrality, servitude, fraternity, parenthood and conjugal love