Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
receiving | receiver | receivers | receiver's
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Receiving"
The following 50 pages are in this category, out of 50 total.
- Activities such as seeing and hearing are actions of the senses meant for receiving knowledge, whereas moving, speaking, evacuating, etc., are actions of the senses meant for work. A Krsna conscious person is never affected by the actions of the senses
- After being initiated and receiving the orders of the spiritual master, the disciple should unhesitatingly think about the instructions or orders of the spiritual master and should not allow himself to be disturbed by anything else
- After receiving instruction from Narada, the demon Vrkasura went to Kedaranatha. The pilgrimage site of Kedaranatha still exists near Kashmir
- After receiving the remnants of food left by Lord Nityananda Prabhu, Raghunatha dasa, who was greatly happy, ate some and distributed the rest among his own associates
- After receiving this permission, he (Vidyadhara, the serpent) circumambulated the Lord and offered his respectful obeisances unto Him, and then he returned to his heavenly planet
- All this eulogization about me, people, outsider, may think that "This man is being flattered and he is hearing his own eulogization." But that is not the fact. It is the test, how they are receiving the message sincerely
- As for the $150 you will be receiving each month for the next five years, I think that will be sufficient tuition for your two children at Gurukula, and that will oblige your debt to Gurukula
- Ascending process is not recommended in the Vedic process of knowledge. Vedic way of receiving knowledge - by aural reception, by submissive aural reception from the spiritual master to the student. This is the way
- I am also very pleased to learn that the Deities are now receiving proper service and you are developing a great love for Them. Please continue your sincere service with even greater vigor, and your love will grow increasingly more
- I have asked that Jayapataka send at least 25 complete sets of books there immediately so you should be receiving them soon
- I set up the GBC with hope that I shall get relief from administration of the mission but on the contrary I have become the center of receiving so many complaints. So it is not a relief for me, rather it is becoming a little troublesome
- I think that because you are unable to tend the Deities in the temple, that you and your sister, Ekayani, may serve the small Radha-Krishna Deities which you will be receiving soon. Try to follow all the rules and regulations of Deity worship
- If you are receiving from me so many things and if you do not at least acknowledge your gratitude, then you are a thief
- In the skyscraper building, that can be a guest house for receiving tourists, so they can see how practical spiritual life is developing. If just 1% of these tourists become devotees, if they adopt this process, then our effort is successful
- In this material world we have got so many debts. But people do not care for it. Just like we are receiving light from sun, but what we are paying to the sun?
- It has now been arranged that Geetopanisad shall be now printed in India and therefore you are requested to send me back all the corrected forms of manuscripts on receipt of this letter
- It is a completely mistaken idea that one can worship Krsna in any form or in any way and still attain the ultimate result of receiving the favor of the Lord
- Krsna said, "Even though they are trees and animals, these residents of Vrndavana are glorifying You. They are prepared to welcome You to the best of their ability, as is the practice of great souls in receiving another great soul at home"
- Krsna said, "One should utilize first part of life in becoming a bonafide student, receiving adequate knowledge and keeping oneself in the vow of brahmacarya, one may completely devote life for service of the spiritual master without sense gratification"
- Krttikadevi, after receiving the semen of Lord Siva from Agni, conceived a child named Skanda (Karttikeya)
- Lord Brahma personally sat in meditation, and there was a message-transmission from Lord Visnu to Brahma. Brahma then broadcast the message to the demigods. That is the system of receiving Vedic knowledge
- Lord Krsna said, "A human being who takes advantage of these spiritual masters and, receiving proper knowledge from them, crosses the ocean of material existence is to be understood as having properly utilized his human form of life"
- Lord Krsna said, "They (neophytes) cannot take advantage of receiving these sages by seeing them with their eyes, by touching their lotus feet, by inquiring about their welfare or by diligently worshiping them"
- Many want to speak something to others, but because they are not trained to speak on the subject matter of Vedic wisdom they are all speaking nonsense, and people are receiving them with no sense
- My disciples are my agents, my representatives, so by hearing it from them, you are receiving it from me
- On receiving the benediction from the Lord to become His father and mother, Prsni and Sutapa retired from the activities of austerity and lived as husband and wife in order to beget a child who was the Supreme Lord Himself
- Our senses are all blunt in the matter of receiving transcendental subject matter, but they are purified in due course of time by constant engagement in the service of the Lord
- Partiality in receiving the Lord's mercy is relative to the recipient, and it is not due to the partiality of the all-merciful Lord
- Prthu Maharaja, in the same way, could not restrain himself from receiving the four Kumaras, who were bright by dint of their spiritual progress, and thus not only he himself but also his officers and associates all received the four Kumaras
- Sometimes a professor tries to study these transcendental literatures and attempts to put forth a critical analysis from the mundane view, with an end to receiving degrees like a Ph.D. Such realization is certainly different from that of Ramananda Raya
- Suta Gosvami drank the juice of Bhagavatam through his ears. That is the real process of receiving Bhagavatam
- The small Deity which Yamuna is receiving may be taken to Delhi in order to make the dharmasala a permanent center. Wherever we go, our Deities must be installed. So they may not go to Africa and waste time
- The Vedic way of receiving a great personality creates an atmosphere of respect, which is saturated with affection and veneration for the person received
- There is danger for a preacher when he receives great quantities of money
- This method of submissively receiving transcendental confidential knowledge is not merely based on mental speculation
- We are not going to rent anyone, anyway, any room. We shall utilize it for our purpose only, receiving guest, organizing this book sale. That is my idea
- We require so many pictures for our temples which are already present and which will be opened in the future. Immediately upon receipt of your picture, I had it hung right above my Deity room. Wherever I go I convert one closet into my Deity room
- When I learn that you are selling many BTGs and are receiving nice support from the community, I am very much encouraged. Now we have published our Isopanisad and you must try to sell it as far as possible
- Whenever we are mature in receiving the transcendental message from books like Bhagavad-gita, and Srimad-Bhagavatam, via media the transparent bona fide Spiritual Master, then we are able to chant or engage our tongue in the service of the Lord
- You should discuss the qualifications necessary for receiving a mantra, the perfection of the mantra, the purification of the mantra, initiation, morning duties, remembrance of the Supreme Lord, cleanliness & washing the mouth & other parts of the body
- Your Lordship gives knowledge that is eternal, and the intelligent person receiving such knowledge is quickly situated in his original constitutional position