Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
reception | receptionist | receptions
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Reception"
The following 60 pages are in this category, out of 60 total.
- Arati means the arati, reception. Koren, doing. Brahma, Lord Brahma. Adi, headed by. Deva-gane, all the demigods. that means "To offer arati reception to Lord Caitanya, all the demigods have come down, headed by Lord Brahma."
- Austerity, cleanliness, mercy and truthfulness, the basic principles of religion, prepare the ground for the reception of advancement in spiritual knowledge
- Balarama was very satisfied after His great reception from the side of the Kurus, and accompanied by the newly married couple, He started toward His capital city of Dvaraka
- Because Brahma qualified himself for such reception, the Lord was pleased to disclose the purpose of Srimad-Bhagavatam. This direct instruction by the Lord to any devotee who is detached from the world of sense gratification is possible
- Bhimasena was put in charge of the kitchen department (during the Rajasuya Sacrifice), Duryodhana in charge of the supplies department and Sahadeva in charge of the reception department
- Due to anxieties and long separation, they all cried out of affection. King Yudhisthira then arranged to offer sitting accommodations and a reception
- Durvasa Muni was always accompanied by sixty thousand disciples and that if there was a little discrepancy in their reception, he would be very angry and would sometimes curse the host
- He (Akrura) was offered a good seat at his receptions, and he in turn inquired all about the welfare and activities of his relatives
- He has been very helpful to us in many ways for our Vrindaban Project. He is traveling with his wife, and I wish that you give him a very good reception
- He received Garga Muni with the feeling of one who is worshiping the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He offered him a nice sitting place, and when he sat down, Nanda Maharaja offered him a warm reception
- His ears hear from all sides and are receptacles for all the Vedas, and His sense of hearing is the generating center of the sky and of all kinds of sound
- I am so much thankful to you that you came to see our temple under construction in Vrindaban and supervised the work going on there. As you came all of a sudden, we could not make arrangement for your proper reception
- I am trying to speak to you. That is also understanding, studying Krsna science. Rather, hearing is better reception
- I must admit my frailties in presenting Srimad-Bhagavatam, but still I am hopeful of its good reception by the thinkers and leaders of society on the strength of the following statement of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- I reached Boston as scheduled on December 21st, and there was a good reception by the devotees for Krishna's servant. The newspaper article published remarked on this occasion that "in the Logan Airport there has never been anything like this."
- I was sponsored by a friend's son, Gopala Agarwal, who is settled up in this country by marrying an American girl, Sally. I was their guest, and I feel very much obliged to Gopala and his wife Sally for their nice treatment and reception
- I'm not very much fond of reception. I want to know how people give reception to this movement. That is my concern
- In her reception of Maharaja Dusmanta, Sakuntala clearly said, "Your Majesty may stay here, and you may accept whatever reception I can offer." Thus she indicated that she wanted Maharaja Dusmanta as her husband
- In order to properly receive Lord Balarama, they (Kurus) all took in their hands auspicious paraphernalia for His reception and went to see Him outside the city gate. According to their respective positions, they welcomed Lord Balarama
- In that planet (Indraloka) he (Arjuna) was cordially received by the local residents, and he was awarded reception in the heavenly parliament of Indradeva
- Indra wanted him (Arjuna) to come to the heavenly kingdom, the Indraloka planet beyond the moon planet. In that planet he was cordially received by the local residents, and he was awarded reception in the heavenly parliament of Indradeva
- It is very encouraging for me that you are preaching in Santiago, Chile and you are getting good reception from the student class
- It is very nice that the U. P. State Ministry has booked eleven double rooms in our guesthouse. Kindly give them a good reception and food and deal very nicely with them in all respects
- King Dusmanta replied: O Sakuntala, with beautiful eyebrows, you have taken your birth in the family of the great saint Visvamitra, and your reception is quite worthy of your family
- King Yudhisthira had arranged that they (Krsna's queens, soldiers, ministers and secretaries) would experience a new feature of reception every day while staying as guests of the Pandavas
- Krsna said: "O Arjuna, there are no greater receptacles of deep love for Me than the gopis, who cleanse and decorate their bodies because they consider them Mine"
- Kumari Kunti, at her father's house, used to minister all kinds of services to all great brahmanas, and being satisfied with her good reception Durvasa Muni blessed her with a power to call any demigod she desired
- Once, when Visvamitra was a ksatriya king, he visited the hermitage of Vasistha Muni, and he was given a royal reception
- One can become fixed in one's prescribed duty by faithful aural reception of Vedic instructions and assimilation of the essence of Vedic knowledge by devotional service to the Lord
- One gosvami, he has taken very much objection to this writing, and he is making propaganda against me like anything. There was arrangement of reception. He stopped it
- Sakuntala said: O King (Dusmanta) with eyes like the petals of a lotus, kindly come sit down and accept whatever reception we can offer
- Since arriving in India I have been extensively travelling and preaching our Sankirtana Movement to all parts of the country. There is good reception also for our Society here
- Sri Uddhava said: You may take lessons from the great learned sage Maitreya, who is nearby and who is worshipable for reception of transcendental knowledge. He was directly instructed by the PG while He was about to quit this mortal world
- The great sage Narada took a comfortable seat, & Krsna worshiped him with all paraphernalia, as required for the regular reception of a saintly person. While trying to satisfy Naradaji, Lord Krsna spoke the following words in His sweet and natural voice
- The heavenly denizens from the upper planets used to visit the palace of King Kuntibhoja, and Kunti was engaged for their reception
- The people were astonished when they saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's ecstatic love and personal beauty. The priests who served the Harideva Deity offered the Lord a good reception
- The reception given to the King (Prthu) was full of opulence, yet he did not become proud
- The word tirthanam is sometimes interpreted to mean the places of pilgrimage, but Srila Jiva Gosvami says that it means the reception of the Vedic transcendental knowledge. The propounders of the Vedic knowledge are also known as the tirthas
- These principal queens (Rukmini, Satyabhama, Bhadra, Jambavati, Kalindi, Mitravinda, Laksmana and the devoted Satya) of Lord Krsna were first received, and then the other queens were also offered a proper reception
- They (the ladies) immediately received Lord Krsna with glittering eyes expressing their love and affection for Him, and Lord Krsna smiled and accepted their feelings and gestures of reception
- They all exchanged words of reception by asking one another about their welfare, and when such formalities were finished, Balarama, in a great voice and very patiently, submitted before them (the Kurus) the following words for their consideration
- This is to formally introduce Mr. Surrendra Kumar, a good friend of our Society. He will be traveling in the west and I request you to give him a respectful reception
- Unfortunate men of this age are always reluctant to give a reception to the transcendentalists who are representatives of Srila Vyasadeva and selfless workers always busy in planning something which may help everyone in all statuses and orders of life
- Unless Bhagavatam or any other Vedic literatures are received through the parampara system, the reception of knowledge is not bona fide
- Vedic process, to receive the transcendental knowledge through the parampara system, and the reception or honor given to the spiritual master, it goes to Krsna. Spiritual master is the official collector
- Violence against living beings, and desire for worldly gain, worldly reception and worldly fame are all detrimental to the progress of bhakti, or Bhagavata-dharma
- When Dhruva Maharaj saw two associates of Narayana approaching him, he immediately stood up out of sincere respect and devotion and remained before them with folded hands; but because of his ecstatic love he could hardly offer them a proper reception
- When I arrived here on the 11th September, there were more than one dozen reporters there to take pictures of the reception. The next day there were several articles published in the local papers, and I am enclosing one such article for your reference
- When Krsna entered the palace, all the ladies there were overwhelmed with affection just upon seeing Him. They received Krsna with glittering eyes expressing their love & affection for Him & Krsna smiled & accepted their feelings & gestures of reception
- When Maharaja Pariksit entered the door of Samika Rsi, he did not expect a royal reception by the rsi because he knew that saints and rsis are not materially rich men
- When the reception is submissive and real