I Give (Prabhupada)
"I give"|"I can give"|"I shall give"|"I gave"|"I have to give"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► I Have Given You The Framework (12 P)
Pages in category "I Give (Prabhupada)"
The following 128 pages are in this category, out of 128 total.
- All questions and answers are practically given in our books
- Although I cannot give you anything as father, still I can pray to Krishna for your more & more advancement in K.C.
- Although they were exploiting. But nobody could understand. Everyone was feeling happy. And as soon as they left, everyone is unhappy. That distinction I can give evidence, I can, from my personal experience. Things were very, very nice
- And people are recognized I am great. Don't make me small. I'll not give you much trouble, but I am now invalid. What can I do?
- As far as possible, we are giving shelter, we are giving prasadam, we are giving instruction, we are giving opportunity to worship Krsna. Why? Because people may take the advantage of the association, Narayana
- As your beloved spiritual master and father, it is my duty to give you all protection; but if you allow Maya to act upon you without any resistance, then it is your own choice
- At any circumstances you must not forget Krsna. I love you at my heart and therefore I gave you the name Krsna devi dasi
- Because people are being educated without Krsna consciousness, it is becoming valueless. Therefore we are giving, I mean to say, purificatory method in every department
- Best way to maintain enthusiasm is by regular chanting with the devotees together in the temple and by having festivals. So you should immediately have one festival then everyone will be busily engaged. I can give you one festival for every day
- By your next letter I shall give my decision concerning your initiations. You are already worshiping Gaura Nitai so that is all right
- First of all, I started the book. That is, by Krsna's grace, it is becoming successful. Then diorama. Then I shall give next idea
- For every action of Krsna consciousness movement there is support from Vedas, Vedic literature. Just like whenever we speak something we immediately give evidence from the Bhagavad-gita
- For our disciples, we don't give anything cheap. Our first condition is character, moral character. Unless one is accepting moral character, we don't initiate, don't allow him in this institution
- For the Krishna book we will require paintings, so we will not need any etching and woodcut. So you can send me some samples of your paintings and then I'll give you some suggestions
- I am a sannyasi. I am forbidden to make any association with women. I cannot talk even with woman in a lonely place. That is forbidden. I give you one practical example. When my Guru Maharaja, my spiritual master, was living...
- I am an imperfect person. I cannot give you any knowledge. I cannot manufacture any knowledge. If I do that, then I shall deceive you. I can simply present before you the original knowledge
- I am an old man now, and my interests are turning to philosophy and translation. If you help me by relieving me from this administrative work, that will free me to give you so many more fine books from Vedic literature and from our own devotional line
- I am giving sannyasa to Rupanuga, Karandhara and Bali Mardan and as you have also asked me, I shall also be pleased to give you sannyasa
- I am giving so much stress and I am working so hard on this. Because this is my life and soul according to the order of my Guru Maharaja. And by his grace it is to some extent successful. And I took it seriously. I take it seriously still now
- I am giving them the right information - that service you have to render. But instead of serving your senses, please serve Radha-Krsna, then you'll be happy
- I am laboring so hard that before I leave this body, I may give you some books who you can enjoy after my death. So utilize it. Read every sloka nicely, try to understand the meaning, discuss amongst yourselves
- I am so glad that somebody has donated sufficient funds to construct the throne. Your design appears to be very nice, nicer than the design which I gave you drawn by Gaurasundara
- I am speaking Bhagavad-gita. I am giving you knowledge as given by Lord Krsna. It is not my knowledge
- I am teacher, my business is to give them direction. So if they follow the direction, their business is successful
- I approve for you to get books from BBT-L.A. at reduced prices, at the cost price, the same as India is getting. You can inform Ramesvara that I give my sanction
- I came here not to ask for any money. But I want to give lesson. This is brahmana's business
- I came here with a service position, that I must give some service to my Guru Maharaja, not that I thought of success. But the spirit was that Guru Maharaja told me I must do something, whatever I can. It may be failure; it may be success - let me try
- I came to give you. Some of you have taken, and some have not taken, so what can I do? I came to give you Krsna consciousness. That is my duty
- I came to the U.S.A. just to try to give a chance to as many people as possible to take to Krishna Consciousness, because it is the only hope for humanity in this increasingly demoniac, godless age
- I can give you all guidance and direction for there are millions of Christians in the world today. We are not concerned with how, so much as the fact that one must develop his dormant love for God
- I can give you one brahmacari, 12 years old, named Birbhadra, whom I want you should teach Sanskrit from the very beginning. We want a few students who know Sanskrit and Bengali, or at least Sanskrit
- I did not ask my students to marry to become a lost child. I wanted to give them some facility, because you cannot do without wife. But now I am seeing that some of them are slipping away
- I do not think there is immediate prospect for my retiring. Therefore, as long as Krishna desires, I must go on working, but I am trying to give more time to my writing works
- I do not wish to give any decision without the GBC's verdict. My only grievance is that I appointed GBC to give me relief from the management but, on the contrary, complaints and counter-complaints are coming to me
- I gave her (my wife) final, that "Either you have to give up your tea or your husband." (laughter) So she agreed to give up husband, not tea. (laughter) So I left my home. That's all. (laughter)
- I give the name and address of Bhagavan. His father's name and everything. Why you are being misled? Where is the scope for searching out where is Bhagavan? Here is Bhagavan
- I give you special permission as follows: You find out of 24 hours at least one hour conveniently for chanting Hare Krishna with great attention, either by the Deities or any place, without being disturbed by anyone else
- I have always been so careful to give you only those things which I have heard from my Guru Maharaja
- I have come to this country not to beg, but to give. That is my mission. And they are feeling, "Yes, we are getting something substantial"
- I have come to your country to give you something sublime, not to take from you, not to exploit you
- I have got little taste of krsna-bhakti. So I have no distinction that "This is Indian. This is American. This is African." Everyone, I am giving this hari-nama. This is sarva-bhuta-hite ratah, no distinction
- I have never given vote. Since we have got this svaraj, as soon as the vote question, I go away. Because I think, "Why shall I give this nonsense vote? None of them are liked by me." I avoid it
- I may give initiation very easily, but what can I do? I am prepared to go to hell for service of Lord Caitanya
- I must give you the message. It is very important message. Those of you who are feeling frustration and confused, kindly take to this chanting of Hare Krsna mantra, that's all. You... There is no expenditure, there is no loss
- I say, "Please obey God. Please try to love God." That is my mission. And I give the way how to love God very easily. How to love, provided you agree
- I shall devote my full time to giving you further nice books
- I thank you very much once more for the trouble you are taking for me. This is all for Srila Prabhupada's service. Finally don't mind all the trouble which I give you occasionally. Let us cooperate for propagating Krishna Consciousness all over the world
- I tried to give aural reception to the words of my Spiritual Master, Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Goswami Maharaja, and thus I tried to engage my tongue in repeating the same words without any change
- I want to give Indian culture to the whole world. I'm not going to cheat people, taking Bhagavad-gita and speaking all nonsense. I want to present Bhagavad-gita as it is. That is my mission
- I want to give this culture to the world, and my idea is that America is advanced country. If they accept it, then it will be possible to broadcast the idea throughout the whole world. That is my idea
- I want to know fully what is the position of Bhaktivedanta Manor (I think it is not good) and Germany. You must analyze these problems very carefully and make frequent reports and I will give you further instructions
- I want to publish one catalog of our ISKCON movement, giving pictures of all important centers and especially of New Vrindaban. This idea I gave you long ago when I was in New Vrindaban
- I want to retire now and simply concentrate on translating work, but how can I do it if I cannot give over the management of my society to you all my advanced senior disciples?
- I was so glad to read as you write to say, "I opened the temple on Thursday and am in the process of fixing it up." It is so much pleasing to me and what can I give you?! I can simply pray to Krishna for your long life and prosperous service to Krishna
- I will give you a practical example: a man is deaf and he is calling wife
- I'll give you a practical example. This is my personal experience. One boy was suffering from some typhoid disease, and he asked his younger brother, "Please give me some biscuit"
- I'll give you one practical example of how things are misinterpreted...
- I'll give you one practical example. In my householder life I was a drugstore businessman. So one Muhammadan gentleman, he was supplying me bottles
- If by my bona fide suggestions I can give evidence, that is also accepted. So direct evidence, and, what is called, hypothesis or suggestion evidence. But the strong evidence is sabda-pramana. Sabda, sabda-brahman. That means Vedas
- If my senior disciples wish to take sannyasa then I shall give it. But there is no urgency
- If something is giving me facility to preach my Krsna consciousness movement, why shall I give it up?
- If the GBC which I have appointed for this task will kindly now assist me in this way, by handling very expertly and with all good consideration all matters of managing, I shall devote my full time to giving you further nice books
- If they (the scientists) accept God, then we give them all credit. That's all right. Otherwise zero. We don't deprecate their intention of advancement in knowledge. But we simply protest against their defying the authority of God. That is our point
- Imperfect senses. We are gathering imperfect knowledge. But we don't neglect knowledge. We give credit to the philosophers, scientists. But we advise them that "Your research work should be for God, not for any temporary physical or chemical compound"
- In all of my (Prabhupada's) other books - Srimad Bhagavatam, Sri Isopanisad, etc. - the system is that I give the original verse, its English transliteration, word-for-word Sanskrit-English equivalents, translations and purports. BG 1972 Preface
- In case you do not like this arrangement, then you may keep the temple as your private property and as my disciple I will give you guidance. But you may not use the ISKCON name to collect funds or to take loans
- In Kuruksetra University, we gave some books to the Vice-chancellor. Please inquire what is their decision concerning taking books and standing order
- In the universities they say that "What is the wrong if I become an animal?'' I asked them, "Do you like to be animal?'' "Yes.'' "Then all right, next time you become animal. (laughter) This is your I give you this blessing. That's all''
- In this age, it is more important to create devotees than to construct temples. My Guru Maharaja advised me to give more stress on literary work such as publishing books and magazines in KC, and temple opening is a secondary consideration
- In this old age whatever I am trying to do it is just to give a little service according to my capacity to Lord Caitanya's mission
- It is my duty to give you the right reply as far as possible. There is no cause of anxiety for this method. Questions and answers is the relationship for the Spiritual Master and disciple
- It is not that we are simply chanting and dancing. If you are philosopher, if you are scholar, if you are scientist, we can give you proof in a scientific way, in a philosophical way, scholarly way; therefore these books are there
- Maybe such Sankirtana solo singing; I can give so many. I can give so many verses, just like Cintamani Prakara Sadmasu, and explain them in English, so we can produce not only pictures, but also records
- My first business is to give the devotees the proper knowledge and engage them in devotional service
- My only business is to give pleasure to the Lord in pure K.C. In this way, such devotee becomes himself eligible to lead other back to the path of devotional service and thus he too may become a Spiritual Master. This process is called parampara
- So far I am concerned, although I am getting old, I guarantee I shall give you two tapes daily provided you guarantee to finish printing two tapes daily. That will encourage me more and more
- So far I am concerned, I am giving him spiritual enlightenment, and I am taking care of that. So if you will take care of the physical side, that will compromise the situation
- So far your proposal is concerned, when the vote has been tallied and is presented to me at that time I shall give my approval
- So in our conditioned stage there will be so many doubts, so many implication. But the same thing as I gave you example, that don't be very much hasty to receive the result immediately. Simply we have to follow
- So long as Krishna will keep me fit I will go on working. So you devotees should pray to Krishna that I can go on giving Him service up to the last point of my death
- Sometimes we give instructions to our students about the bodily features of the Lord, and they paint Him. Their paintings are not imaginary. The description is given through disciplic succession, just like that given by Narada Muni
- Suppose if I say that "I narrated, I gave a speech in the sun planet and forty millions of years before," you'll laugh: "Oh, Swamiji's speaking some nonsense, that forty millions of years before he spoke this Bhagavad-gita in the sun planet"
- That is our process. When we accept a disciple we give him beads, we give him direction
- That missing link, let them learn from us. We can give him the missing link
- That was my plan that I shall carry this baggage and give it to the Americans and they will distribute
- The money and society is yours. You can spend in any way but it is my duty to give you guidance as ever well wisher
- The system of the country, the women and men, they intermingle. How can I check it? Then the women, shall I not give them any chance for chanting Hare Krsna? No, I shall do this chance, I shall give this chance to woman even at the risk
- They come here to beg, "Give me rice, give me dahl, give me wheat, give me money," but I have come here to give something of Indian culture. That is the difference
- This rascal civilization is so dangerous, mudha, full of rascals. So our little humble attempt is to give them relief from this rascaldom civilization. That is Krsna consciousness movement
- Those who are engaged in Krsna consciousness, devotional service, make your association with them. We are therefore making different centers to give everyone the opportunity to have the association of devotee
- Through the association of devotees, one develops Krsna consciousness, which is dormant within. This Krsna consciousness movement is giving this chance to everyone. We are giving shelter to everyone who is serious about progressing in Krsna consciousness
- We are being so favorably presented everywhere by the media. Just today two editors of Indian newspapers have informed me of their intention to print special issues devoted to our Movement as well as give daily one article on our philosophy
- We are giving equal rights to everyone. Either grhastha or brahmacari or sannyasi, the main center is Krsna. One who is advanced in Krsna consciousness is all right
- We are giving the name of God, the address of God, the father, God's father's name also, Nanda-nandana, Devaki-nandana. So where is the difficulty to find out? There is no difficulty. But the rascals will not accept. They will continue their rascaldom
- We are trying our humble way to give this knowledge to the world. That is Krsna consciousness movement. And our request to everyone is that "You try to understand the philosophy and cooperate"
- We are trying to give as much possible happiness to our students. Otherwise unless he is, one feels happy, how... It is little difficult
- We cannot understand what is spiritual. But this ignorance can be moved by this process, chanting Hare Krsna. How it is? I'll give you example. Just like a man is sleeping. A man is sleeping. How you can awake him? By vibration of sound
- We don't give initiation immediately
- We don't say that "You give me fee, then I give you some mantra." No, we don't say like that. Our instruction is free. I want to see that they are doing it and they are happy, that's all
- We have given houses with the purpose to execute devotional service exactly like the Brahmacaris and sannyasis. Otherwise, why purchase houses near the temple?
- We have taken Bhagavad-gita as the standard of all human activities. If the leaders of the human society take it as standard, then all the problems will be solved. That we can give practical suggestions. Any plan of the atheists will never be successful
- We never took any certificate of our Spiritual Master or anyone, but he told me that it was required for facility of preaching, so I gave him the certificate, but unfortunately the whole thing was smashed by different doctrine
- We offer them the sacred thread although they are born, according to Vedic culture, in the families of other than Brahmanas or even than the Sudras
- We require professional director. Money may be spent by the movie company. And we give our men an idea
- We take some time to see whether he can develop brahminical symptom. That is our process, not that anyone comes, and we give him a sacred thread and he becomes immediately brahmana. We don't do this
- What Vyasadeva said, your guru will also say the same thing. Not that "So many hundreds of thousands of years have passed away. Therefore I will give you a new formula." No. There is no new formula
- Whatever the Spiritual Master gives in His own hand, it should be accepted immediately as His grace. In the beginning in New York I was cooking myself and was distributing at least one or two capatis to all my disciples
- Where is the site plan? Give me the length and breadth of the site. I can give it to Saurabha. He'll make a nice building plan
- You are all qualified. I can give you ideas. Now I am doing. So I wanted to see that you are all busy. That I want because now I am becoming invalid. I cannot move very swiftly here and there. But if you move, I take pleasure
- You are lamenting because a few yards of land has been taken away from your country as Pakistan, but if you spread this Krsna consciousness movement, the whole world will become Hindustan. There is such potency; I give you my direct perception
- You are welcome to take initiation, but if you are neglectful, if you want to make it a farce, that is your business. I cannot give you any protection
- You have come here to beg technology. You remain beggar. I have come to give something
- You have to give me definition of God. What is God? If you know God, then you can say that "Krsna is not God." Otherwise, how you can say He is not God? I give you a piece of gold: If you say, "It is not gold," then you show me what is gold
- You want to love somebody, but the love is misplaced, therefore you are baffled. Replace it to Krsna, you'll be happy. Love is there, that is not a new thing. But you are misplacing the love. That information we are giving
- You will talk with him about improvement of our New Navadvipa scheme, and we will cooperate with you in all respects. If you want more hands, that will also be given
- Your idea of writing a book named Swamiji was formerly informed to me... At that time I shall give you solid information for both the Krishna book and the Swamiji book