Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
defect | defection | defective | defectless | defectness | defects
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Defect"
The following 70 pages are in this category, out of 70 total.
- A man with defect in knowledge cannot impart instructions. Therefore the whole Vedic process is parampara system. Parampara system means that I cannot deviate. I cannot make any interpretation
- According to ordinary vision, such imperfections may seem prominent in the body of a pure devotee, but despite such seeming defects, the body of a pure devotee cannot be polluted
- After seeing Krsna, various people criticize the blinking of their eyes. In Vrndavana especially, all the gopis criticize Lord Brahma because of this defect in the eyes
- Attachment for Krsna is transcendental bliss. Amid unlimited volumes of transcendental bliss, a spot of some material defect cannot act in any way
- Defective theory
- Dhruva Maharaja was cognizant of the defective nature of his own devotional service. Pure devotional service is without material form and is not covered by mental speculation or fruitive activities
- Due to material defects, the naked eye cannot see anything properly. One cannot see properly unless one has heard from a superior source, and the highest source is the Vedic wisdom, which is spoken by the Lord Himself
- I want to take some of my exemplary character devotees for performing sankirtana in India so that they may see what is their defect
- If Krsna speaks false, something defective, then where is the use of reading Bhagavad-gita? Why should we read Bhagavad-gita which is spoken by a person who is defective? No. That's not... What Krsna is speaking, that is fact
- If our temples cannot even be maintained then it is a great defect in our management of the society. Neither can I be expected to deal in these matters and also pay attention fully to the translating of my books
- If there are any defects within our Society it is only symptom that the instructions of the Spiritual Master are being neglected
- If there is some incident and I claim that no one is cooperating with me or no one will work with me, that is my defect, not theirs. The Vaisnava devotee must think like this
- If we consider the bodily defects of a Vaisnava, we should understand that we are committing an offense at the lotus feet of the Vaisnava. An offense at the lotus feet of a Vaisnava is very serious
- If you are defective, if you have got so many defects in your life, how you can become teacher? You are a cheater
- If you go on constructing your big building on a defective foundation, then it will not stay. There will be danger. So modern civilization is based on this defective idea that "I am this body"
- It is a defect of Mayavada commentaries that they make one statement in one place and a contradictory statement in another place as a tactic to refute the Bhagavata school
- It would be better to set the example rather than to criticize the defects of the devotees
- Krsna means God. God is one. That is Krsna. Others, they admit that God is one. But they do not know who is that one God. That is their defect. That is the difference between us and others
- Krsna was beautiful because every part of His body was perfectly arranged without any defect. Such perfect bodily features of Krsna are described as follows
- Lord Caitanya exposed many defects in the Mayavada philosophy, and although the Bhattacarya tried to establish himself by logic and word jugglery, Lord Caitanya was able to defend Himself from his attacks
- Lord Krsna, however, knows everything in detail. Therefore His knowledge is vijnana-ghana because it does not have any of the defects of material science
- Man-made laws are always defective because they are made by men who are prone to committing mistakes, being illusioned, cheating and having imperfect senses. The Vedic instructions are different because they do not have these four defects
- Mistakes, illusions, cheating and defective perception do not occur in the sayings of the authoritative sages
- Modern rascal society, they utilizing that extra intelligence than the cats and dog for the same purpose: eating, sleeping, mating and defending. That is the defect of the modern civilization
- Narada reached the cottage of Krsna-dvaipayana Vyasa on the banks of the Sarasvati just as Vyasadeva was regretting his defects
- No one should criticize the bodily defects of a pure devotee. If there are such defects, they should be overlooked. What should be taken into account is the spiritual master's main business, which is devotional service
- She is expert in typing. Amongst the women, she is expert typist. She is expert in so many things. Only defect is that she is woman. But Krsna says, striyah sudras tatha vaisyah: "Never mind woman. If she is devotee, she also comes to Me."
- Since Lord Siva is himself associated with women, he knows very well their defective nature, and he might not take very seriously Diti's unavoidable offense, which occurred due to her faulty nature
- That is the defect of their civilization. Na hanyate hanyamane sarire (BG 2.20). They are taking care of the body, but beyond the body there is something else, which is eternal. Even after the annihilation of the body, it does not become destroyed
- The Communist philosophy also, there are so many defects. They also think of equal rights for everyone but why not for the animals? What right you have got to kill the animals? Similarly, the animal also kill you. So this is not organized society
- The conditioned living entity has the defect of being always fearful, but simply by the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he can rid himself of this defect of material life. Therefore the Lord alone can be addressed as master
- The defect in the modern society. They imagine. This business should be given up. He must follow. Sadhu-marganugamanam, which is prescribed by the sadhu, guru, you have to accept that. You cannot manufacture your own way
- The defect is that in the root is wrong. Everyone's thinking "It is my country. It is my family. It is my society. It is my property." This "mine" is illusion
- The defect is that my business is to render service to the Supreme Lord which is misplaced in so many ways. In so many ways I am giving service to my society, to my friend, to my community, to my nation, and so on, so on. That is misplaced
- The defect of Mayavada philosophy is that it does not accept the variety that is useful for practical purposes
- The expert comes and at once sees what is the defect, and he joins one wire, this way and that way, and machine becomes start. Hrzum, hrzum, hrzum, hrzum, hrzum, hrzum
- The individual presidents should be more managerial, more individual, and you can supervise, and if some defect is detected, you can make suggestions how to correct it. But if we lose individuality and simply become mechanical, what is the point?
- The material defects of mistakes, illusions, cheating and sensory inefficiency do not exist in the words of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The members of modern civilization manufacture defective religious principles through speculative concoction. This is not dharma. They do not know what is dharma and what is adharma
- The modern civilization is suffering from this defect, that they are not inquisitive about the Brahman. They are simply... Just like cats and dogs, they are interested with this body and the bodily necessities of life. They do not know beyond that
- The philosophy of the Mayavadis is defective because it maintains that everything is maya but the nonsense they speak
- There is a defect of Darwin's theory. He does not know that the living entity is passing through different types of body
- They are trying to have real peace and tranquillity, no misunderstanding between man to man, nation to nation. But that is not happening. That is not happening. The defect is that in the root is wrong. Everyone's thinking "It is my country"
- They were wrongly initiated. We want recommendation from the authority, whether one should be initiated, but they gave wrong information. That is the defect of the informer
- This Krsna consciousness movement is spiritual communism. The material communism, which is going on, that is defective, because this Communist movement is centered around the state
- Vedic education means one has to understand his real identity as brahman or the spirit soul. Unfortunately the modern educational system is so defective that everyone is educated to accept this body as self
- Vidura said to Dhrtarastra: You have been blind from your very birth, and recently you have become hard of hearing. Your memory is shortened, and your intelligence is disturbed. Your teeth are loose, your liver is defective, and you are coughing up mucus
- Vyasadeva specifically means here, bhagavan uvaca. He does not say krsna uvaca, because sometimes Krsna is misunderstood by the fools. So bhagavan uvaca, this word, means whatever He says, there is no defect or deficiencies
- We are pushing on this Krsna consciousness movement, and some of the students are falling back. That is not the defect of the institution. That is some other power
- We cannot accept the theories or the statement of some defective person. We should hear from the person who is not defective - perfect. Therefore our process of hearing or getting knowledge is from the perfect person. That is called Krsna consciousness
- We have got many sporting club, dancing club, because we want to do that. But we want to do in this material world. That is our defect
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu thus showed for each and every sutra the defects in Sankaracarya's explanations, all the assembled Mayavadi sannyasis were struck with wonder
- Without faith, you cannot reach the kingdom of God. Your experimental knowledge, your so-called defective reasons and arguments and philosophy, that will not be applicable in the transcendental field. You have to believe
- You love the poor people but not the poor animals. Therefore your love is so limited and defective. And Krsna conscious person not only loves the poor man but he loves the poor animals also - poor beast, insect, ants; he is so upright and so broadminded
- You may love humanity, but because you do not love Krsna, therefore you do not love the cows; you send them to slaughterhouse. So your love will remain defective. It will never be complete. And if you love Krsna, then you will love even the small ant
- You say something contradictory and become angry when this is pointed out. Your explanation has the defect of a misplaced predicate. This is an unconsidered adjustment