Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
claim | claimant | claimants | claimed | claiming | claims
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Claim"
The following 201 pages are in this category, out of 201 total.
- A class of men with no brahminical qualifications claim the eating privilege known as brahmana-bhojana simply on the basis of their birth in brahmana families
- A class of men, who claim brahminical qualification simply by their birthright in the family of a brahmana, claim that the study of the Vedas is a monopoly of the brahmana caste only
- Actually I cannot claim any credit for myself, but I say if any credit is due, it is due to the fact that I have not deviated from the original instructions
- Actually, a Vaisnava is above this varnasrama-dharma. But we don't claim that we have become perfect Vaisnava. We are not so impudent. We want to remain under the Vaisnava. Under the Vaisnava
- Although out of ignorance one might claim that mere mortals are God, that does not change the reality - that man is always man and God is always God, and never otherwise
- An actual Vaisnava cannot tolerate any philosophy that claims God and the living being to be one and the same
- An Aryan is one who does not boast, but is an actual devotee of the Lord. Aryan means "advanced." Formerly, those who claimed to be Aryans had to be devotees of the Lord
- Anyone else who claims to know it must have heard it from him, for he was the most intimate companion of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Anyone who takes his bath in the Ganges also (like Bindu-sarovara) is relieved of all material diseases. These claims are accepted by great scholars and authorities and are still being acted upon even in this fallen age of Kali
- Anyone, so-called spiritualist or transcendentalist, if he is claiming that "There is no God," "I am God," "There is voidness," these are all disturbing positions, different symptoms of this disease of maya. It is disease
- Arjuna could not remember his past deeds, although he is always with the Lord. And what can the tiny ordinary man, falsely claiming to be one with the cosmic consciousness, know about his past, present and future?
- As described in Bhagavad-gita, the caste system is the creation of the Lord and is arranged according to the quality of work rendered to society and not in terms of birthright, as falsely claimed in the present degraded society
- As far as knowing Krsna, I am not so fortunate that I claim like that. But still, as a child, I claim the Person Krsna is reality. My estimation may be childish
- As soon as Krsna desires that these senses will not work, it will not work. So in spite of your claim that this is my hand, this is my eyes, this is my mouth, it will not work
- As the cow was being taken away by this brahmana, its former master claimed it as his own, stating, 'This cow was formerly given to me, so how is it that you are taking it away'
- At the end of every chapter, the author admits the value of the disciplic succession. He never claims to have written this transcendental literature by carrying out research work
- At the present time, especially in India, so many rascals are claiming to be incarnations, and people are being misled. Therefore, the identity of an incarnation should be confirmed by the descriptions of the sastras and by wonderful activities
- Avaroha-pantha means a descendence, or deductive process. So our Krsna consciousness movement, we claim that we have got perfect knowledge of everything because we are taking knowledge from the perfect person
- Balarama was the winner according to the rules of chess, but Rukmi again cunningly claimed that he had won
- Because he (Dhrtarastra) was blind from birth, he was disqualified from his rightful claim to the throne of Hastinapura. But he could not forget the bereavement, and his disappointment was somewhat compensated after the death of Pandu, his younger brother
- Because one happens to take birth in a brahmana family, without any qualification, he claims to become a brahmana. That is the falldown of Vedic civilization in India. A rascal number one, he's claiming that he's brahmana - without any qualification
- Bird will go to a tree and eat fruit, but not more than he requires; neither he will take the fruit at his home to stock for next day or making black market. We have created this nonsense situation by claiming God's property as ours. This is the mistake
- Brahma said, "My dear Lord Krsna, those who deride You, claiming that You have a material body like an ordinary man, are described in the Bhagavad-gita as demoniac and less intelligent.
- But everyone is violating this first commandment. Then where is your claim to become a Christian? If you violate the injunction given by Lord Jesus Christ, then where, how you become a Christian? That is our question
- By absorbing his (the living entity's) mind in material activities he takes material bodies again and again, and although he falsely claims to be very intelligent, in material consciousness he is not at all intelligent
- By falsely claiming that "This land, this land of America, belongs to the Americans; the land of Africa belongs to the Africans." No. Every land belongs to God. We are different sons of God in different dresses
- By intimate association with the king, the dasis would get sons. Such sons were called dasi-putras. They had no claim to a royal position, but they would get maintenance and other facilities just like princes
- By such activities, he earns his claim to enter into the kingdom of God. The exact word used in this verse is dayabhak. Dayabhak refers to a son's becoming the lawful inheritor of the property of the father
- Different people claim to follow different sections of the Vedas, but in fact for the most part they are not followers of the Vedas because they do not follow the rules and regulations of the Vedas
- Don't claim that you are God. Don't claim that there is no God. There is God, and He is great, and you are small. Then what is your position? You have to serve Krsna. This is simple truth
- Don't claim your proprietorship. You are not proprietor. You are falsely claiming; because what you are claiming as your property, it will be taken away by Krsna at the time of your death
- Even in the matter of evacuating stool, the refuse is controlled, so how can the living entity claim to be independent?
- Every devotee who claims to be a Vaisnava must guard against these offenses in order to quickly achieve the desired success
- Everyone should treat his Godbrothers as Prabhu. But nobody should try to claim any extra honor on account of an official position
- Fighting again broke out between Brhaspati and the moon-god, both of whom claimed, "This is my child, not yours!" All the saints and demigods present asked Tara whose child the newborn baby actually was, but because she was ashamed she could not answer
- For the last two thousand years, they could not change that policy. And they are claiming "civilized" They could not follow Jesus Christ's instruction. It is two thousand years. And they are maintaining slaughterhouse. Hmm? What do you think?
- Having taken all my father's money, this rogue claimed that it was taken by some thief. Now he is claiming that my father has promised to give him his daughter in charity
- He (Dhrtarastra) deliberately claimed only his sons as Kurus, and he separated the sons of Pandu from the family heritage
- He alone who is never afraid but who, on the contrary, gives complete shelter to all fearful persons can actually become a husband and protector. Therefore, my (Laksmi's) Lord, you (Kamadeva) are the only husband, and no one else can claim this position
- He feels some sickness. Immediately he has to call greater God, physician. And he's claiming, "I am God." We don't want such kind of God, manufactured God. We want real God
- He never claimed that "I am avatara." But we understand from the sastric evidence. He never claimed. Rather, when He was addressed as Krsna He blocked His ears
- Householders who perform their work with a view to transcendental results, out of sympathy for all others, are really eligible to become public leaders. All others who claim to be public leaders are mistaken
- How can he claim proprietorship, everything is the property of the Guru
- How is that you are simply claiming that "India, there is sanatana-dharma"? "In India there is brahmana"? What Krsna creates, that is for everywhere. Because Krsna is the father of everyone
- Human society should not consider itself the only enjoyer of all the properties of God; rather, men should understand that all the other animals also have a claim to God's property
- I am surprised that such bogus letters have come from parties claiming to belong to our centers. Our disciple Krishna das is in Germany, not in Montreal. Anyway, such irresponsible letters dispatched from our temples must be stopped immediately
- I cannot claim, neither you can claim that you are the proprietor of all the riches of the world or the universe. That you cannot claim. Nobody can claim. But God can claim. That is the difference. God can claim
- I do not claim that I am Sanskrit scholar, I am this big man, that man, no. Whatever books I have written, only about this-Krsna. In our book in every page you will find Krsna, Krsna, Krsna
- I have come here in Switzerland. If I remain here for one month and I claim, "Oh, this is mine," what is this? So similarly, I come as guest. Everyone comes as guest in the womb of his mother and lives here for fifty years. He is claiming, "It is mine"
- I have just received one letter from Asita dasa wherein he claims that he was all of the sudden asked to go away from Mayapur. What was the situation? Kindly let me know
- I want to know if there is any substance to this claim, you may be frank and honest with me as much as possible because I am very much in anxiety on this account
- If a brahmana is not truthful, all his claims as a brahmana at once become null and void
- If he (a poor man) is claiming that "I am millionaire," then you have to ask that "Where is your sign of being a millionaire? You have no good dress. Your feature is so ugly. How you are millionaire? What is the definition of a millionaire?
- If human society unlawfully claims that the property of the universe, either partially or wholly, belongs to mankind, all of human society will be cursed
- If I ask you how many hairs you have got on your head, you do not know. Similarly, we have got this body. I am claiming my body, but I am not in full knowledge of my own body. And what to speak of knowing your body or other's body?
- If so desired, we can worship the picture of Lord Jesus Christ who we admit as the son of Godhead. We worship all worthy sons and servants of God, but we kick on the face of all rascals who claim to have become God so cheaply
- If somebody is claiming that "I am brahmana," then government should force him to become actually a brahmana. That is government's duty; that is secular state. Not that "Let people go to hell. We don't care for them." That is not required
- If the government is giving you money, why not use it for Krishna? Only thing we must avoid cheating them or falsely claiming something to get money. Then we are risking our very high reputation as pious people
- If there is some incident and I claim that no one is cooperating with me or no one will work with me, that is my defect, not theirs. The Vaisnava devotee must think like this
- If women are given freedom to mingle with men like equals, which they now claim to be, they cannot keep their propriety
- If you have no money, then you cannot get justice, because he's claiming after all it is right claim, but if he had no fifteen thousand, then he could not claim it
- In Caitanya-caritamrta you'll find the Vaisnava is paramahamsa. Vaisnava has no saffron cloth. Vaisnava is white cloth because Vaisnava is paramahamsa, above. But we don't claim the position of Vaisnava. We want to remain servant of Vaisnava
- In India nowadays there is a great movement for removing the caste system because the higher caste, brahmanas, they are claiming, due to their birthright, higher position, and the others, they are in inconvenience
- In the Middle Ages, after the disappearance of Lord Caitanya's great associate Lord Nityananda, a class of priestly persons claimed to be the descendants of Nityananda, calling themselves the gosvami caste
- In this age there are many so-called caste brahmanas and caste Gosvamis who, taking advantage of the sastra and of the innocence of people in general, claim to be brahmanas and Vaisnavas by hereditary right
- It has become the fashion of this age to be falsely proud of having taken birth in the family of a ksatriya or a brahmana, we see persons without any qualification other than birth claiming to be a brahmana or ksatriya or vaisya
- It is foolish to claim that with the purchase of any travel ticket one may reach the same destination. No one can reach Bombay from Delhi by purchasing a ticket for Baroda
- It is said here that this devotional service is eternally existing. It is not as the Mayavadi philosophers claim
- It is the duty of the government to see that "This man is claiming as a brahmana, whether he is actually executing the duties of brahmana?" That is government's duty. Not that they should simply fight that "I am brahmana," "I am ksatriya"
- It is the greatest misfortune that in India many so-called missionary workers are spreading irreligion in the name of religion. They claim an ordinary human being to be God and recommend meat-eating for everyone, including so-called sannyasis
- Just like if somebody claims that "I am millionaire. I am very rich," a poor man, walking on the street with niggardly dress, if he claims that "I am rich man," will you accept?
- Just like we are also following the instruction of our spiritual master. I don't claim that I am pure devotee or perfect, but my only qualification is that I am trying to follow the instruction of the perfect
- Krsna addressed to Arjuna, "My dear Partha, one who claims to be My devotee is not so. Only a person who claims to be the devotee of My devotee is actually My devotee"
- Krsna advised the brothers of Yudhisthira to collect the unclaimed property because it belonged to the King. The more astonishing thing is that no subject of the state also collected such unclaimed gold for industrial enterprise or anything like that
- Krsna consciousness movement is for that purpose, that people should be taught that "You are eternal servant of God. Don't falsely claim that you are God. You don't care for God. You have to care."
- Krsna continued, "His (Satrajit's) daughter Satyabhama is not very eager for this jewel, yet her expected son, as the grandson of Satrajit, would, after performing the regulative principles of inheritance, be the legal claimant of the jewel"
- Krsna continued, "Presently there is no direct claimant of the Syamantaka jewel, for King Satrajit has no male issue"
- Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami never claims to have written this transcendental literature by carrying out research work. He simply admits his indebtedness to the notes taken by Svarupa Damodara, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami and other authoritative persons
- Less intelligent men claim that there is no God, but when the manifestation of different living entities & their activities is visible, enlightened persons see You (Krsna) present in every atom & through the via media of Your external & marginal energies
- Less intelligent persons claiming to be on an equal level with God must first prove themselves to be absolute and independent, and then they must substantiate their claim to being one with God
- Lord Krsna indicated by this statement that Satyabhama was already pregnant and that her son would be the real claimant of the jewel and would certainly take the jewel from Akrura
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Your body is My property. You have already surrendered unto Me. Therefore you no longer have any claim to your body"
- Many may claim that in the modern age material scientists have helped increase agricultural yield. But we fearlessly proclaim that it is precisely such atheistic views that have brought the world to the present acute food crisis
- Materially, it appears very nice that Arjuna is giving up his claim of kingdom for satisfying his relatives. Oh, he's very good man. But Krsna did not approve it. Why? Because the basic principle was Arjuna decided to satisfy his own senses
- Mayavadis claim when the Absolute Truth is befooled by the external energy, maya, He becomes a jiva, or living entity. Upon hearing all these nonsensical ideas from the nondevotee, a devotee is greatly afflicted, as if his heart and soul were broken
- Meher Baba. He had came. And he did not know that he is going to meet with some motor accident, and still he claimed that he's God
- My Guru Maharaja claimed to be one of the sub-devotee assistants of the eight Gopis
- Nityananda Prabhu requested everyone to serve Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, chant His glories and utter His name. Nityananda Prabhu claimed that person to be His life and soul who rendered devotional service unto Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Nityananda-vamsa means one who takes the risk of preaching work, he can claim Nityananda-vamsa. Not that easy-going
- No devotee should claim that any money or property belongs to him. If one thinks that any portion of property of this huge universe belongs to anyone, he is to be considered a thief and is punishable by the laws of nature
- No one can claim to be the proprietor of anything in the world. Therefore, in the life of a householder, which is a sort of license for sex enjoyment, one must give in charity for the service of the Lord
- No one can surpass the vigilance of material nature or hide his intentions from material nature. If human society unlawfully claims that the property of the universe, either partially or wholly, belongs to mankind, all of human society will be cursed
- No one in the princely order could defeat the seven bulls, and therefore no one could claim the hand of Satya. The seven bulls were very strong, and they could hardly bear even the smell of any prince
- No one knows (in modern times) who is a brahmana, who is a ksatriya, who is a vaisya or who is a sudra, and people claim to belong to a particular social order by birthright only
- No one should claim his eternal relationship with Krsna unless he is liberated
- No one should claim to be the proprietor of anything; one should accept only things which are set aside for him by the Lord as his quota for his maintenance
- No Vaisnava will claim to be one of the eight Gopis because that will tinge one with Mayavadi philosophy. If somebody says "I am Krishna." or "I am Radha." or "I am one of the eight Gopis." that is against Krishna philosophy
- Nobody can be claimed to be liberated by chanting Hare Krsna mantra. Hare Krsna mantra will give you, give you relief from all sinful activities, provided you don't commit it again
- Nobody can claim that "I am the only rich," or "Nobody is richer than me." That is not possible. But if you find somebody who is the richest - nobody is richer than him - then he is God
- Nowhere in revealed scripture does Lord Siva claim to be equal to Lord Visnu. This is simply the creation of the so-called devotees of Lord Siva, who claim that Lord Siva and Lord Visnu are one
- Once Hariscandra performed a yajna for which Visvamitra was the priest, but Visvamitra, being angry at Hariscandra, took away all his possessions, claiming them as a contribution of daksina
- One has to sacrifice everything for the good will of the Supreme Lord, and at the same time discharge prescribed duties without claiming proprietorship
- One must be very humble and meek, more tolerant than a tree and more humble than the grass. One should not claim respect for himself but should be prepared to give all respect to others
- One should therefore not take to the demoniac activity of claiming to be a Vaisnava just for false prestige, without performing service to the Lord
- One who thinks that Krsna is an ordinary person and who misguides the reader by claiming that it is the impersonal Brahman within Krsna speaking is doing the greatest injustice
- Only those persons with a very poor fund of knowledge claim that they themselves are lords of all that they survey
- Our Krsna consciousness movement in the Western world is based on the above-mentioned proposition of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta, our spiritual master. On his authority, we are claiming members from all sections of the Western countries
- Our Krsna consciousness movement, we claim that we have got perfect knowledge of everything because we are taking knowledge from the perfect person - Krsna. Evam parampara-praptam imam rajarsayo viduh
- Real incarnation of God never claims to be a real incarnation
- Rukmi again challenged Balarama and made a bet of a hundred thousand gold coins, but fortunately this time Balarama won. Nonetheless, out of cunningness Rukmi claimed that Balarama was the loser and that he himself had won
- Rukminidevi said, "The SPG kidnapped me the way a lion takes away a lamb from the flock. This was not, a very wondrous act for Krsna, because anyone who claims to be a great hero or king within this world is subordinate to the lotus feet of the Lord"
- Sankaracarya does not believe in the transformation of the energy of the Absolute Truth, for he claims that everything is one and that the living entity is therefore also one with the Supreme. This is the Mayavada theory
- Servant's business is to surrender, not to argue with the master or to claim that "I am equal with you." These are all fanatic, mad proposal
- Simultaneously one and different. Just like in Bible also, Jesus Christ is claimed as one with God, but at the same time different. As son, he is different. As representative of God, he is one. That is the philosophy, perfect philosophy
- Since so-called leaders or dictators are completely under the control of material nature, they can never give complete protection to others, although they claim this ability due to false prestige
- So many birds, they live anywhere, everywhere, but they do not claim, "Oh, this is my country. This is my place." They do not claim. Therefore they are free to move everywhere
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted the chain of disciplic succession from Madhva Acarya, but the Vaisnavas in His line do not accept the Tattva-vadis, who also claim to belong to the Madhva-sampradaya
- Srimati Kunti claims herself unfit to see the Lord because of her being a woman
- Such persons who claim to be equal with Krsna and indulge in rasa-lila create a dangerous situation for the people in general. Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, was already present as the Supersoul within the bodies of the gopis & their husbands
- The brahmanas who were present at that time were all qualified because they were not envious, they never indulged in untruthfulness, they were never proud, they were nonviolent, and they never claimed any false prestige
- The cashier may count millions of dollars for his employer, but he does not claim a cent for himself. Similarly, one has to realize that nothing in the world belongs to any individual person, but that everything belongs to the Supreme Lord
- The descendants of the kingly orders are definitely designated as watchdogs, and they must keep themselves at the door. On what grounds can dogs enter the house and claim to dine with the master on the same plate?
- The dog is certainly reared by its master, but that does not mean that the dog shall claim to dine and drink from the same pot
- The feeling of separation occurs because until the daughter is married she remains the daughter of the father, but after her marriage she is no longer claimed as a daughter in the family; she must go to the husband's house
- The identity of the self as being unconnected with the Supreme Self, the Lord, is also illusion, and the false claim "I am the Supreme" is the last illusory snare of the same maya, or the external energy of the Lord
- The jiva-prakrti is called superior because the jiva has consciousness which is similar to the Lord's. The Lord's is supreme consciousness, however, and one should not claim that the jiva, the living entity, is also supremely conscious
- The Lord and His different authorized devotees sometimes have to play the role of many lower creatures to claim the conditioned souls, but both the Lord and His pure devotees are always in the transcendental position
- The Lord claims that every living entity is His son, and so He provides everyone with a generous supply of the necessities of life. He is just like a cloud which pours rain all over, regardless of whether it falls on rock or land or water
- The Lord Himself claims in the Gita that He is the seed-giving father of all forms and species, who therefore must all be considered sons of the Lord
- The master claims full right to the bodies of slaves because the master feeds them. It may also be questioned whether the body belongs to the father, who is the seed-giving master of the body, or to the mother, who develops the child’s body in her womb
- The Mayavada philosophy is veiled Buddhism. (In other words, the voidist philosophy of Buddha is more or less repeated in the Mayavada philosophy of impersonalism, although the Mayavadiphilosophers claim to be directed by the Vedic conclusions)
- The Mayavadi monist must accept a certain type of body, being forced by the laws of nature; therefore, his claim to being one with Krsna, or God, is only theoretical
- The Mayavadi philosopher claims to be equal to God, but he cannot reply to the question of why he has fallen into material entanglement
- The Mayavadis are to be considered mayayapahrta-jnana, or bereft of all knowledge, because they do not recognize the existence of the Supreme Personality of Godhead or they claim that His existence is a product of the material conception (maya)
- The power of friendship is limited. Although one claims to be a friend, he cannot be a friend unlimitedly
- The relationship between a pure devotee and the Supreme Personality of Godhead is extremely relishable. A devotee never claims to be very powerful himself; instead, he fully surrenders to the lotus feet of Krsna
- The so-called brahmanas claim that one who is not born into a brahmana family cannot receive the sacred thread and cannot become a high-grade Vaisnava. But we do not accept such a theory, because it is not supported by Rupa Gosvami
- The spiritual master outside and the spiritual master within are both representations of the Lord. Unless one has contact with such bona fide representations, one cannot claim to be a spiritual master
- The Supreme Lord enjoys six kinds of opulences, and no one can establish that He is formless or that He is without energy. If someone claims so, his contention is completely opposed to the Vedic instructions
- The Supreme Lord is always the Supreme, and as we have tried to establish many times in these purports, no living being, even up to the standard of Brahma, can claim to be one with the Lord
- The surrendered soul said, "You are the supreme possessor of everything, so if You like You can kill me, or if You like You can give me protection. All authority belongs to You. I have nothing to claim as my own"
- The Vedic words so 'ham, or "I am the brahmajyoti," can also be applied to the living entities, who can also claim to belong to the brahmajyoti
- The Visnudutas were also surprised that the Yamadutas, although claiming to be servants of Yamaraja, the supreme judge of religious principles, were unaware of the principles of religious action
- There are many people all over the world who claim for some time that they are husbands, political leaders or guardians, but in due course of time the Supreme Lord desires their removal from their posts, and their careers are immediately finished
- There are many persons who are very rich, very powerful, very beautiful, very famous, very learned, and very much detached, but no one can claim that he possesses all riches, all strength, etc., entirely
- There are many persons who create incarnations. They falsely claim an ordinary human to be an incarnation, but this is all foolishness. We should follow the principles of Bhagavad-gita
- There are many pseudo-devotees, claiming to belong to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu's sect, who artificially dress themselves as the damsels of Vraja. This is not approved by advanced spiritualists, or advanced students of devotional service
- There are many supposed renouncers even at the present moment who officially become sannyasis or renouncers and outwardly claim that spiritual existence is truth and material existence untruth
- There are some men who claim to become Isvara, to become God. If somebody says, "I am God," or "I am controller," we have no objection. But if somebody says that "I am supreme God," or "supreme controller," then we have got objection
- There can be no peace if the communists or capitalists or any other party claims proprietorship over the resources of nature, which are entirely the property of the Lord
- There is no doubt about it that I am the representative of God. Either you dream or not dream, I claim
- They (a class of priestly persons) further claimed that the practice and spreading of devotional service belonged only to their particular class, which was known as Nityananda-vamsa
- They claim that one can approach the Supreme Lord either through fruitive activities, speculative knowledge, meditation or austerity and that any one of these methods will enable one to reach the perfectional stage
- This is false claim that brahma-bhutah means one becomes God. No. That means that you come to the light of God
- This Krsna consciousness movement is not a crippled movement. It is very broad movement, claiming all living entities to come to Krsna, back to home, back to Godhead. Therefore we should not be bodily conscious
- This Krsna consciousness movement is very important. To educate people. Because foolishly they are claiming God's property his property. Nothing belongs to us. Even this body does not belong to us
- This lie (Rukmi claimed that Balarama was the loser and that he himself had won), Balaramaji became most angry with Rukmi. His agitation was so sudden and great that it appeared like a tidal wave in the ocean on a full-moon day
- This sarcastic remark pointed out that Dhrtarastra was falsely claiming the throne on hereditary grounds. Actually Pandu had been the rightful king, and in the presence of Pandu's sons, the Pandavas, Dhrtarastra should not have occupied the throne
- Though claiming that the world is an illusion -- jagan mithya -- such an unsuccessful transcendentalist then becomes entangled in political, social, and altruistic affairs
- To challenge the authority of Narayana, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the business of asuras (demons). Yet sometimes suras, or devotees, are also bewildered by the illusory energy and falsely claim to be the maintainer of the entire universe
- To claim to be one with the cosmic consciousness of the Lord is the last trap set by the illusory energy, or daivi maya
- Ultimately a colossal clique was fabricated to deprive the five fatherless brothers of the rightful claim of the kingdom of Hastinapura. There was great intrigue, common in imperial palaces, and the five brothers were exiled to the wilderness
- Under the spell of ignorance, the living entity claims that the Lord is responsible for his conditional existence
- Unfortunately, the Mayavada philosophy, misguiding people by claiming the living entity to be the Lord, has created havoc throughout the entire world and led almost everyone to godlessness
- Unless there is the vigilance of a strong king, impious, unqualified men will claim a certain status in society, and that will make the social order perish
- We are falsely claiming that we are owner of the body. We are not owner of the body. I cannot therefore repair anything
- We are unnecessarily, illegally claiming overlordship on Krsna's property. How we can be in peace?
- We cannot claim that we can enjoy everything in this world. Although we have got the desire, but limited power to enjoy. The unlimited enjoyer is Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- We must select only those books written by tattva-darsis, not the books of so-called scholars who claim knowledge only on the basis of a doctorate
- We want to see with our material eyes, therefore we claim this, that "I want to see Krsna." He does not accept that he has no eyes to see Krsna. But with our blunt eyes, we want to see Krsna
- Whatever property one claims to be his actually belongs to Krsna. One should be satisfied with whatever has been allotted by the Supreme Lord and should not encroach upon the property of others
- When a child was begotten in the wife by the husband's brother, the child was claimed by the husband, but of course the child was not begotten by the husband
- When the living entity is thus unaffected by the modes of material nature, because he is unchanging and does not claim proprietorship, he remains apart from the reactions of the modes, just as the sun remains aloof from its reflection on water
- When this hand becomes paralyzed, I am claiming, "my hand" - I cannot use it because the power of the hand is withdrawn by the proprietor
- Whereas you are a learned scholar, a rich man belonging to an aristocratic family, I am a poor man, uneducated and with no claim to aristocracy
- Who can claim that "I am wealthy. I possess all the wealth of the universe"? Who can say? Only Krsna can say; nobody can say. You may be millionaire. You may be Rockefeller or this Tata or Birla. That is very insignificant position
- Who has created this country, this vast land, the sky, the sea, the ocean? I have not created. So how can I claim that this is mine? I have come empty-handed from the womb of my mother, and I shall go empty-handed
- Why India is fallen down? Because the so-called rascals, they are claiming that "I am brahmana." But what is our occupation, sir? "Oh, I am serving as a coolie." Is that brahmana's business?
- Wrong civilization, rascal civilization. And this is due to this rascaldom, nationalism, "This is my land." And at any moment he will be kicked out. Still, he claims, "It is my land"
- You are claiming to be Isvara, God. Are you within the atom? Are you within everyone's heart? Then how do you claim that you are Isvara? Practical
- You are falsely claiming that you are God. That is not your position. You are servant of God, that is your position. That is real jnana
- You can simply use what is given to you. You cannot claim other's property. Just like in animal life, animal life, they do not claim that "This is my country." The birds, they do not claim, but they live very peacefully
- You cannot become in peace so long you think that "I am the proprietor." You are not actually the proprietor. You cannot claim proprietorship
- You have stolen the property of God, and you are claiming that it is your property
- You must keep your claim intact. As you are going to restore order in the temple I am always with you because Srila Jiva Goswami's temple is my heart and soul