Category:Claiming to be God
"claims to be god"|"claim to be god"|"claiming to be god"|"claimed to be god"|"claims to be the supreme"|"claim to be purusa"|"pass on as God"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► False Gods - videos (33 P)
Pages in category "Claiming to be God"
The following 51 pages are in this category, out of 51 total.
- A living entity cannot be on the level of a visnu-tattva, or the Personality of Godhead, at any stage; therefore it is ludicrous for a living entity to claim to be God. Advanced spiritualists would never accept such a thing
- A person who is actually learned and sane does not claim to be God but tries to understand God, making distinctions between spirit and matter
- A representative of God never claims that he is God, although he is paid all the respect ordinarily paid to God because he has knowledge of God
- Although out of ignorance one might claim that mere mortals are God, that does not change the reality - that man is always man and God is always God, and never otherwise
- Anyone, so-called spiritualist or transcendentalist, if he is claiming that "There is no God," "I am God," "There is voidness," these are all disturbing positions, different symptoms of this disease of maya. It is disease
- At the present time, especially in India, so many rascals are claiming to be incarnations, and people are being misled. Therefore, the identity of an incarnation should be confirmed by the descriptions of the sastras and by wonderful activities
- He alone who is never afraid but who, on the contrary, gives complete shelter to all fearful persons can actually become a husband and protector. Therefore, my (Laksmi's) Lord, you (Kamadeva) are the only husband, and no one else can claim this position
- He feels some sickness. Immediately he has to call greater God, physician. And he's claiming, "I am God." We don't want such kind of God, manufactured God. We want real God
- He never claimed that "I am avatara." But we understand from the sastric evidence. He never claimed. Rather, when He was addressed as Krsna He blocked His ears
- He's so puffed-up, so proud, that one claims to become God, what to speak of other things. No. The first thing is that one must be very humble
- If so desired, we can worship the picture of Lord Jesus Christ who we admit as the son of Godhead. We worship all worthy sons and servants of God, but we kick on the face of all rascals who claim to have become God so cheaply
- If you are God, then you must be as joyful as God, as Krsna. If you are suffering still and you are claiming that you are God, that is nonsense
- Indra said, "By Your own desire You (Krsna) appear auspiciously on the earth in Your eternal varieties of forms; You come to glorify the earthly planet and specifically to chastise persons who are falsely claiming to be God"
- Indra said, "In the material world there is regular competition between different types of living entities to become supreme leaders of society, and after being frustrated in achieving the supreme positions of leadership, foolish persons claim to be God"
- It is the greatest misfortune that in India many so-called missionary workers are spreading irreligion in the name of religion. They claim an ordinary human being to be God and recommend meat-eating for everyone, including so-called sannyasis
- Krsna consciousness movement is for that purpose, that people should be taught that "You are eternal servant of God. Don't falsely claim that you are God. You don't care for God. You have to care."
- Krsna has affirmed, "I am God," and He has acted accordingly. Mayavadis think that everyone can claim to be God, but that is their illusion, for no one else can perform such extraordinary activities as Krsna
- Meher Baba. He had came. And he did not know that he is going to meet with some motor accident, and still he claimed that he's God
- Men often dare claim to be God, or Krsna. One should not be misled by such meaningless claims
- Men with a poor fund of knowledge claim to be equal to the Lord. They are never equal to the Lord. This is never to be
- None of them (devotees) falsely claim to be God themselves. This is a blasphemy declared by the asuras, and the demoniac followers of such asuras also accept pretenders as God or His incarnation
- Nowadays it is the fashion of the atheistic class of men to try to become God by following some mystic process. Generally the atheists claim to be God by dint of their imagination or their meditational prowess. Krsna is not that kind of God
- Nowhere in revealed scripture does Lord Siva claim to be equal to Lord Visnu. This is simply the creation of the so-called devotees of Lord Siva, who claim that Lord Siva and Lord Visnu are one
- Satya Sai Baba, he wants to claim himself as Bhagavan, unfortunately. He can not give any faultless message. The definition of Bhagavan is given in the sastras as one who possesses six kinds of opulences. Nobody is greater than Bhagavan, Krsna
- Simultaneously one and different. Just like in Bible also, Jesus Christ is claimed as one with God, but at the same time different. As son, he is different. As representative of God, he is one. That is the philosophy, perfect philosophy
- That is the position of all living entities in the government of the Supreme Lord. No one can artificially claim the supreme position of the Lord, but everyone is meant to serve the purpose of the supreme whole
- The bogus propaganda put out by people claiming to be God has killed God consciousness all over the world. Members of the Krsna consciousness movement must be very alert to defy these rascals, who are presently misleading the whole world
- The identity of the self as being unconnected with the Supreme Self, the Lord, is also illusion, and the false claim "I am the Supreme" is the last illusory snare of the same maya, or the external energy of the Lord
- The jiva-prakrti is called superior because the jiva has consciousness which is similar to the Lord's. The Lord's is supreme consciousness, however, and one should not claim that the jiva, the living entity, is also supremely conscious
- The Mayavadi monist must accept a certain type of body, being forced by the laws of nature; therefore, his claim to being one with Krsna, or God, is only theoretical
- The Mayavadi philosopher claims to be equal to God, but he cannot reply to the question of why he has fallen into material entanglement
- The most lamentable falldown of the impersonalist is due to his false and unreasonable claim of being one with the Supreme
- The Supreme Lord is always the Supreme, and as we have tried to establish many times in these purports, no living being, even up to the standard of Brahma, can claim to be one with the Lord
- There are many persons who create incarnations. They falsely claim an ordinary human to be an incarnation, but this is all foolishness. We should follow the principles of Bhagavad-gita
- There are some men who claim to become Isvara, to become God. If somebody says, "I am God," or "I am controller," we have no objection. But if somebody says that "I am supreme God," or "supreme controller," then we have got objection
- These societies, those who are claiming that "I am God. You are God. Everyone God" - God has become so cheap that everyone is God - you immediately should know he's a rascal number one. Immediately
- This another rascal came, that "I am God." If you are God, so why you have become dog? They say it is lila
- This is false claim that brahma-bhutah means one becomes God. No. That means that you come to the light of God
- Those who are not Vaisnavas consider only human society worthy of their sympathy, but Krsna claims to be the supreme father of all life forms. Consequently the Vaisnava takes care not to annihilate untimely or unnecessarily any life form
- To challenge the authority of Narayana, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the business of asuras (demons). Yet sometimes suras, or devotees, are also bewildered by the illusory energy and falsely claim to be the maintainer of the entire universe
- To claim to be one with the cosmic consciousness of the Lord is the last trap set by the illusory energy, or daivi maya
- You are claiming to be Isvara, God. Are you within the atom? Are you within everyone's heart? Then how do you claim that you are Isvara? Practical
- You are falsely claiming that you are God. That is not your position. You are servant of God, that is your position. That is real jnana
- You cannot enjoy Krsna, or God, for your sense gratification. That is not possible. He can use you for His sense gratification. That is bhakti-marga. The bhaktas, they never claim to be purusa. They are always subordinate