Category:"I Am God"
"I am God"|"I'm God"
- This category is for pages addressing the idea "I am God" (claims on the part of an individual that he/she is God, or the broader philosophical idea that all souls are God).
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category ""I Am God""
The following 81 pages are in this category, out of 81 total.
- A demoniac preacher tells his followers: "Why are you seeking God elsewhere? You are all yourselves God! Whatever you like, you can do. Don't believe in God. Throw away God. God is dead
- A foolish, senseless person cannot understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Although always dependent, he falsely thinks himself the Supreme
- A karmi, he is thinking that "I am poor man. If I become rich man, I will be happy." He is thinking in that way. Jnani is thinking that "Poor and rich doesn't matter. I am Brahman. I am spirit soul. If I merge into the Supreme Brahman I will be happy"
- Acyuta means infallible. God cannot be entrapped by maya. The Mayavadi philosopher says that "I am God. Now I am under illusion of maya. I have forgotten myself, that I am God, and by meditation I shall become God." This is all nonsense
- Alas, just see the behavior of this cruel man! He is not a devotee of Lord Visnu. Being proud of his material opulence and his position, he considers himself God. Just see how he has transgressed the laws of religion
- Although the living entity is always being kicked by the stringent laws of material nature, he still thinks, "I am God" because of ignorance
- Although the Mayavadis have undergone penances, austerities - very strictly they follow the principles of spiritual life - but because they are under maya, at the end they are thinking that "I am God, Purusa," the same disease, purusa
- An actual incarnation of God never says 'I am God' or 'I am an incarnation of God.' The great sage Vyasadeva, knowing all, has already recorded the characteristics of the avataras in the sastras
- Anyone, so-called spiritualist or transcendentalist, if he is claiming that "There is no God," "I am God," "There is voidness," these are all disturbing positions, different symptoms of this disease of maya. It is disease
- As soon as one says, blasphemes, that "I am God. There is no God," immediately devotee should be very angry because he is preaching false things. He's blaspheming against the Supreme Lord, that he is making God as very cheap
- As soon as somebody says that "I am God," you shall immediately take him as dog, not God
- At least in India, it has become a fashion, that everyone is coming out and he declares himself, "I am God. I am God." As if the God has become a very cheap thing, and it can be had in the market, wherever you go
- At the present moment the so-called yoga system is prosecuted on the understanding that by agitation of the different stations of the bodily construction one can find that he is God
- Demons proudly declare, "Who is God? Why, I am God! When I can illegally manipulate funds and become so wealthy that I can enjoy everything in this world, then I am indeed Almighty God"
- Don't very cheaply accept any fool as God. So this is the highest imperfection, that he is in the stringent laws of the material nature. If there is simply a toothache, he becomes overwhelmed, and he himself preaches as God
- Egoism means that without having the qualification, one declares that "I am God"
- Even in the presence of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, there was such a foolish person. His name was Paundraka, and he wanted to declare himself God
- Everyone is coming out and he declares himself, "I am God. I am God." As if the God has become a very cheap thing, and it can be had in the market, wherever you go. You see? That is not the thing. God is not so cheap thing
- Everyone wants to become God, imitator. Imitation. Therefore they say, "Why Krsna shall be alone God? I am God"
- God is one. There cannot be two. So if I think I am God, then everyone is also God, so God becomes plural, so there is not God. God is one. Therefore, God is great, we are small. In quality we are one
- Guru does not accept, although he is worshiped like Krsna, he never accepts that "I am Krsna." That is our parampara system. Sisya has to accept guru as Krsna, but guru will never accept that he is Krsna. This is our relationship
- Guru means the faithful servant of God. That is guru. So you have to first of all test that "Are you faithful servant of God?" If he says, "No, I am God," oh, kick him on his face immediately. That "You are rascal. You have come to cheat us"
- He feels some sickness. Immediately he has to call greater God, physician. And he's claiming, "I am God." We don't want such kind of God, manufactured God. We want real God
- Here and there, there were signs of all sorts, like "Be still and realize I am God'' - what is this, by becoming silent and still one becomes God?
- I am spirit soul, part and parcel of the Supreme Lord. As soon as the mind is contaminated, I rebel, because I have got little independence. "Why shall I serve Krsna or God? I am God." It is simply a dictation from the mind
- I don't say it is my movement. Neither do I say that I am God. I am simply speaking of the established movement
- I don't teach them that I am God. I never taught. I always teach them I am servant of God, you are also servant
- If I say I'm God and somebody accepts me as God, then he's a foolish man. They do not know what is meaning of God
- In the material conception, one falsely thinks himself the lord of all he surveys, and therefore he is always troubled by the threefold miseries of life
- It is said, bhagavan atmanatmanam ije: the Lord worshiped Himself by Himself. This does not, of course, justify the Mayavada philosophy, by which one thinks himself the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Only due to ignorance does a person think, "I am a demigod," "I am a human being," "I am a dog," "I am a cat," or, when the ignorance is still further advanced, "I am God"
- Our relationship with God or Krsna is always existing, but when there is some intervention, maya, then we think, "There is no God" or "I am God," like that
- "So 'ham" does not mean "I am God." I am God-ly - I am part and parcel of God
- Sai Baba, he also says, "I am Bhagavan." Therefore he's bogus. How you can say yourself that you are Bhagavan, God? What is your power?
- Self-realization, liberation, the sign is that he becomes joyful, prasannatma, immediately. If you have actually realized yourself, simply by bluffing that "I am God, I am this, I am..." No. There are signs
- So many rascals, they declare that "God, I am God." That is the last snare, Mayavada
- So many things I am thinking, puffed-up. "I don't care for God. I am God." All right. At the time of death, are you God?
- The Hare Krsna movement, or Krsna consciousness movement, is the only light for the foolish living entities who think either that there is no God or that if God exists He is formless and they themselves are also God
- The identity of the self as being unconnected with the Supreme Self, the Lord, is also illusion, and the false claim "I am the Supreme" is the last illusory snare of the same maya, or the external energy of the Lord
- The man thinks himself stronger than ten thousand elephants and considers himself most perfect. Indeed, illusioned and intoxicated by false pride, he thinks himself God, ignoring impending death
- The Mayavadi philosopher says that "I am God, but I have forgotten myself, that I am God." So how God can forget? Here it is the evidence. How God can forget? If you forget, then you are not God, immediately. There is no other argument
- The Mayavadi philosopher teaches the philosophy of tat tvam asi, saying, "You are the same as God." He forgets that tat tvam asi applies in terms of the marginal position of the living entity, who is like sunshine
- The mayayapahrta-jnana class of men are self-made "Gods." Such men think that they themselves are God and that there is no need of worshiping any other God
- The so-called liberation of thinking oneself God is that last reaction of avidya by which the living entity is entrapped
- The whole world is going on that "There is no God" or "God is dead" or "Can you show me God?" And "I am God by meditation," "This way," "That way." This is going on
- There are so many so-called swamis. They are coming, and they are preaching that "You are God. I am God." Then who is God? Everyone is God? No. Therefore you will find in the Vedic literature definition of God
- There are some men who claim to become Isvara, to become God. If somebody says, "I am God," or "I am controller," we have no objection. But if somebody says that "I am supreme God," or "supreme controller," then we have got objection
- There is a class of men akin to Mayavadi philosophers who misinterpret the aham brahmasmi and so'ham Vedic mantras to mean, "I am the Supreme Brahman" and "I am identical with the Lord"
- There is no God. God is dead. I am God. You are God. So many Gods are loitering in the street. Why you are finding out God? These are so many statements. So God has become so cheap
- These societies, those who are claiming that "I am God. You are God. Everyone God" - God has become so cheap that everyone is God - you immediately should know he's a rascal number one. Immediately
- They (in the Vaikuntha planets) have no revolutionary spirit: "Oh, why shall I serve You? I am also God." This is revolutionary. These things are not there. The so-called rascal declaring oneself that "I am God," no
- They do not believe in God. "Everyone is God. I am God, you are God, he is God, everyone is God. So whatever law you give yourself, that becomes your religion." This is going on. So God is not so cheap that you become God, I become God, he becomes God
- This another rascal came, that "I am God." If you are God, so why you have become dog? They say it is lila
- To think oneself God is most puffed up. Although the living entity is always being kicked by the stringent laws of material nature, he still thinks, "I am God" because of ignorance
- We are embarrassed with the material miseries of life. That has not been solved. The major questions have been set aside. Simply by thinking that "There is no God. We are God. Science is everything," oh, do you think that is advancement of knowledge? No
- We go, "My dear sir, we have got these books to understand Krsna, the Supreme Lord. So you kindly read this book. You will be benefited." "Ah, what is God? Who is God? I am God. Go away." This is demonism
- What is this prayer? "Give me a little bread"? Of course, it is better than the rascals who are atheists. They do not approach God. They say, "Oh, what is God? I am God. I shall, by economic development, I shall create so many breads."
- When God says, "Let there be creation," millions of planets, immediately created. That is God. Not that cheap God, "I am God." In your country they come, and you become cheated. We don't accept such cheap God
- Why I have accepted this body which I do not want? What kind of God I am? So the whole world is full of these ideas. So this movement is a revolutionary movement, Krsna consciousness
- Without knowing the supreme position of the Lord. Cheaply they select God. God has become so cheap. "I am God, you are God." What is the meaning of God? Do you know? If I am God, you are God, then what is the meaning of God?
- Yes. The rascal Sai Baba says, "I am God."
- You are sane, that you do not accept me as President... That is one thing. At least you are not insane. So if I say, "I am God," and you accept, then how much insane you are. Just try to understand
- You can find out rascal mahatma, simply by changing dress, without Krsna consciousness, declaring himself as God or Krsna. Kick on their face. Krsna is different from all these rascals
- You cannot compare yourself with God. There is no comparison. But the rascaldom is going on. "Everyone is God. I am God, you are God" - then he's dog. You show the power of God, then you say. First deserve, then desire